Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo (21909 Views)

Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. / Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Breaking News:jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by simplibaba(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
Some women who barricaded the entrance into State Secretariat of Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, ahead of the visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to the place, were flushed out by the police.

The police used tear gas canisters on the women, who were believed to be loyalists of All Progressives Congress, APC, after their passionate appeal to them to oquietly leave the place was rebuffed by the women.

Addressing journalists later, the Director of Rochas Campaign Organization, Mr. Iheukwumere Alaribe, not only condemned the use of tear gas on the women, but also accused the police of brutalizing the women.

He also accused the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, of plotting to make Imo State ungovernable, even as he stressed that “the APC will not accept any form of intimidation from the PDP”.

Alaribe advised the security agencies to “remain loyal to Nigeria and Nigerians and not to any particular political party”.

Continuing, he appealed to Eze Ilomuanya to allow the status quo to remain, adding that the matter was still being addressed at the Supreme Court.
Reacting to this development, Ilomuanya’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kennedy Eweama, accused the state government of flouting court judgments.
“The Supreme Court had long taken a decision on the matter but the state government is still parading Eze Sam Ohiri as its preferred chairman. No society can thrive without the rule of law”, Eweama said

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/breaaking-news-police-tear-gas-protesting-women-in-imo/#sthash.Dw1TCJiy.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by TI1919(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by ramdris(m): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
They asked for it. Even though i don't want GEJ to win, but the manner of their protest was quite embarassing to say the least.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by ishiamu(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lousy rochas paid them,, they. Are shame to women what's their grievance if they are asked

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by micolaj: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
GEJ has invoked the anger of our mothers. The consequences of his asinine actions will soon surface.March 28th is D-day.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sai Buhari......

Women don suffer for this country under GEJ...kidnap of school girls, kidnap of women of Damatsk...police using tear gas on Nigerian women.This government sef

cc: lalasticlala
cc: Oga Seun
cc: Ishilove
cc: Mothers on Nairaland

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by martincbarton: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
angry
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by fitzmayowa: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
They simply asked for it, why barricade the road where the president wants to use

They simply allowed themselves to be used by politicians, why didn't they protest last week or the week before or the day before jonathan came

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Burger01(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ain't no escaping defeat Jona boi smiley

March 28th for Buhari

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Joniboi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
My fellow compatriots, the unity, safety and prosperity of Nigeria is in our hands. We don't have any other country for ourselves and our children.

Please let's come out en mass and vote APC/GMB cos the security and stability of this great country is guaranteed under the leadership of the people's General. 

We can't continue like this anymore. We say no to thuggery and intimidation from GEJ/PDP Thieves. 

Enough is Enough! GEJ, the tears of our mothers will be upon your head.

Vote APC/GMB for a secured and prosperous country!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by missbehave247(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hmm
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by ayusco85(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
hitler GEJ

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by ayusco85(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
sad o
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ko si aworan ni... sad

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by siraj1402(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Always remember!
NO Pastor, Imam, Babalawo, Oba, Obi, Emir, Obong, Chief, Militant etc can tell me who to vote for, NEVER!....

I bear the brunt of unemployment, not the Pastor....

I suffer epileptic power supply, not the Imams.....

When my landlord increases house rent, the Oba will not send me money to augment it.....
When medical bills needs to be paid, I won't see the Obi....

When armed robbers show up in my neighborhood, the Emir won't be there to rescue me...

When time comes to pay exorbitant private school fees for my children because public schools that produced the likes of Soyinka, Chinua Achebe are derelict, no Militant will come to my rescue...

The roads leading to Obong's palace are bad, he has not done anything about it, how can he help me?

Exchange rate has plumeted while the economy worsened yet the Babalawo suffers in silence with me ad he is unable to use his juju to make our economic problems disappear...

My siblings and the children of the Chief who are graduates for the past 8 years have remained unemployed while he is powerless to help them...

So I alone will decide WHO IS MAKING ME GO THROUGH ALL
THESE HARDSHIP, AND USING MY PVC TO TERMINATE HIS TENURE, IF I DON'T LIKE HIS POOR HANDLING OF GOVERNANCE!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Adyrin(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ok Ooº°
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by CLEARINGAGENT: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
Exactly what they deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Rilwon: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2015

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wisdom is profitable to direct.

I mean, it's sheer absurdity for woman to ostentate this kind of inept demeanour. What were they actually thinking?.......if they were thinking at all.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by sokotoburundi(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Abayhormy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Change is coming !

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Sweetlemon(f): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thank God it wasn't Buhari. They would have said he hates women.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by fitzmayowa: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
ramdris:
They asked for it. Even though i don't want GEJ to win, but the manner of their protest was quite embarassing to say the least.

GBAM!!! This is just the bitter truth

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Sweetlemon(f): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
ramdris:

Embarrassing? You've not seen embarrassment. Let an American President try half of the rubbish Jonathan has been doing. In fact a quarter of it. Then you will know Nigerians are just gradually starting to learn their rights.
Nonsense!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by hiredkiller: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
They should be shot also they are too shameless to be used by a crook just for peanuts

No responsible mother will ever do that

Hopless harlots looking for cheap and free money while other virtue women are working and toiling hard to provide their family needs.

That's why i hate Jobless women especially irresponsible fools among them.

GEJ TILL 2019

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by rusher14: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
fitzmayowa:
They simply asked for it, why barricade the road where the president wants to use

They simply allowed themselves to be used by politicians, why didn't they protest last week or the week before or the day before jonathan came

And they MUST vote him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by sammyj: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
I think GEJ new video that is about to be hired should be called [b]every body rejects Jona [/b]the clueless one cheesy grin!!!

SAI BABA jare, we are winning by the grace of God !!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by chynergy1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
next time, they should know their limit
Gej is still the commander-in-chief.
avoid being used by politicians.
they are better ways of expressing your grievances

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by kheart(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Book
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by lordbureson(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
The policemen were so nice to them they would hv flogged them because that is total disrepect to the office of the president of the fed rep of nig n infrigin into jona fundamental rite of associatn as gazzeted in our constitutn,that is rubbish n shud be comdemed by all, tnx .

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Sunnymatey(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
A President pleading fr right of way? They should be greatful that there are alive to tell the story. Nonsense

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune / I Am Not Afraid Of Death – Olusegun Obasanjo / Ondo APC Governorship Primary: Voting Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.