Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo (21916 Views)

Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. / Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Breaking News:jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by fboycaestro(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
geese repete
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by ShineuEye: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
Those women were paid by Rochas, the police did the right thing.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by rusher14: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
hiredkiller:
They should be shot also they are too shameless to be used by a crook just for peanuts

No responsible mother will ever do that

Hopless harlots looking for cheap and free money while other virtue women are working and toiling hard to provide their family needs.

That's why i Jobless women especially irresponsible fools among them.

GEJ TILL 2019

Imo women this is what they think of you.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
This is a very bad thing to do, later PEJ would say her husband respects women.

[b]- The GEJ Administration has:
1) Not added a dime to the external reserves despite earning far higher revenues than any Nigerian president in history;
2) Depleted external reserves to about $29bn;
3) Escalated external debt;
4) Slowed down growth in the economy, now expected to grow below 6% for 2015;
5) Pushed unemployment now over 23%;
6) Caused poverty incidence to hover above 71%;
7) Overseen domestic debt ballooning to N7.65trn from N4.55tn in 2010;
8.) Depleted the excess crude account to less than $1bn
9) The worst exchange rate in the history of this country;
10) Presided over 500% jump in payment of petrol subsidies to over N1.4trn ($8.9bn) in 2011 and 2012 respectively from just under N261bn ($1.6bn) in 2006.
We had been promised steady Power with a plan as GEJ campaigned in 2011. In 2015, he says we should try to understand why power has not gone above 4500MW in four years. The "private sector" that won bids are not even able to provide needed funds to turn the critical sector around which then begs the question, how were they picked in the first place? Considering the depth of financing needed to make the sector work, I am surprised the government did not invite foreign investors to take ownership in a few of the Discos/Transcos/Gencos and allow competition and efficiency (ala MTN & MTel) to kill off, buy or merge with the inefficient investors. I doubt we will get a better deal in Power if GEJ is given another 4 years as the first set of investors have now invested in his next 4 years and will certain dictate the tune.

Vote for a better Nigeria,

#Call10bring5
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by jbaby265(f): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
women in power...teared with teargas..smh
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by onyenro(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
GEJ has invoked the anger of our mothers. The consequences of his asinine actions will soon surface.March 28th is D-day.
your mothers as u make us believe have no business in the said palace. What locus standi to they have to protest? can't the president visit someone again? I swear!! apc whether boy, girl, man or woman are an almalgamation of thugs.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by rusher14: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
lordbureson:
The policemen were so nice to them they would hv flogged them because that is total disrepect to the office of the president of the fed rep of nig n infrigin into jona fundamental rite of associatn as gazzeted in our constitutn,that is rubbish n shud be comdemed by all, tnx .
In fact everyone in the universe is inferior to Lord Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by elbinmanny(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
GEJ has invoked the anger of our mothers. The consequences of his asinine actions will soon surface.March 28th is D-day.
who is your mother...? She should be tear-gased for not aborting u undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by wummyanthoy: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
why d protest ?
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Pontaboki: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
The should finished them with live bullets,useless women paid by Useless Gov Rochas.How many of them did he allow to enter his Mansion at Spibat.Rochas is a gonner as far as Imo State is Concerned.He is the highest Criminal Imo has ever seen in its history.
simplibaba:
Some women who barricaded the entrance into State Secretariat of Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, ahead of the visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to the place, were flushed out by the police.

The police used tear gas canisters on the women, who were believed to be loyalists of All Progressives Congress, APC, after their passionate appeal to them to oquietly leave the place was rebuffed by the women.

Addressing journalists later, the Director of Rochas Campaign Organization, Mr. Iheukwumere Alaribe, not only condemned the use of tear gas on the women, but also accused the police of brutalizing the women.

He also accused the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, of plotting to make Imo State ungovernable, even as he stressed that “the APC will not accept any form of intimidation from the PDP”.

Alaribe advised the security agencies to “remain loyal to Nigeria and Nigerians and not to any particular political party”.

Continuing, he appealed to Eze Ilomuanya to allow the status quo to remain, adding that the matter was still being addressed at the Supreme Court.
Reacting to this development, Ilomuanya’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kennedy Eweama, accused the state government of flouting court judgments.
“The Supreme Court had long taken a decision on the matter but the state government is still parading Eze Sam Ohiri as its preferred chairman. No society can thrive without the rule of law”, Eweama said

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/breaaking-news-police-tear-gas-protesting-women-in-imo/#sthash.Dw1TCJiy.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by egift(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by hiredkiller: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
rusher14:

Imo women this is what they think of you.

Imo women are cool except the ones that allowed themselves to be used by Rochas the crook to archivehis devilish aim.

I repeat they are Hopless harlots who sleeps with politicians just for small change

Try again because Imo people are for Gej and if care is not taking Rochas will be thrown out of Douglas house

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Sunnymatey(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
The women don't have respect for their own selves. They deserved what they got.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by dazangel11(f): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
what were they protesting about? what was their problem?
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by micolaj: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
elbinmanny:
who is your mother...? She should be tear-gased for not aborting u undecided
It's only a COMPLETE MAD MAN that insult the personality of others.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by minwafor: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
To teargas women that this critical period is not good at all. The polices have further degraded the image of the incumbent president. This is a big minus as the people that perpetuated this act should know osrdly forget, ask Ikedi when he allegedly slapped a priest. I pray that this report is not just truth.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
I blame the women. Why would they allow politicians use them when they have the higher responsibility of telling the youths to stay away from violence. If you do this,then what else do you expect from your children?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by micolaj: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
onyenro:

your mothers as u make us believe have no business in the said palace. What locus standi to they have to protest? can't the president visit someone again? I swear!! apc whether boy, girl, man or woman are an almalgamation of thugs.
Direct your aggrievances to the appropriate channel, i'm not paymaster.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by elbinmanny(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
It's only a COMPLETE MAD MAN that insult the personality of others.
my friend u have no personalityso keep mute angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by inosend: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
I don't know how these ones came to be "our mothers". Gej would not be given such treatment even in the north. Real mothers behave motherly. By the way, I am not pro-gej.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by dadatolu: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
would it not be better if the president had sent his emissaries to peacefully talk to them instead of using such force? i am sure at a point they will give in if confronted with a superior argument and reason to. just wondering anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by robay(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
Oya make we march4buhari
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2245921_supporters_gif8f2e00d5b0133617496084d193beab29
GMB till jonaTAN get sense to rule dis country cheesy
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by micolaj: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
elbinmanny:
my friend u have no personalityso keep mute angry
Laughing at your utter ignorance. Just remember this, "unbridled tongue and misguided words can lead you into trouble."
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by dadatolu: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
inosend:
I don't know how these ones came to be "our mothers". Gej would not be given such treatment even in the north. Real mothers behave motherly.

whatever be such force should not be used on anybody talk less of women.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by steppin: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
All the women who did that are nothing but political touts.
No sane woman would stand in the way of a president. It's not done anywhere.
If it were Mr Bok0hari, they would have been shot with real bullets.
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Forwetinnah: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chai!! Who dey talk about "rule of Law?"

Please remind me?? APC??

Delusion Grandeur grin
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by Edifyer: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by slimfit1(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
ramdris:
They asked for it. Even though i don't want GEJ to win, but the manner of their protest was quite embarassing to say the least.

So if one of them had died from the gas they asked for it . You say he his democratic yet gassing up women. No matter what tear gas should have been the last resort to a peaceful protest.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by micolaj: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
inosend:
I don't know how these ones came to be "our mothers". Gej would not be given such treatment even in the north. Real mothers behave motherly.
Mothers of those Chibok girls are not real mothers? Mothers of those people who lost their lives during immigration scam are not real mothers? Mothers of those students who sat down at home for 11 months are not real mothers? I think this discourse is beyond your intellectual realm!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by tutudesz: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
micolaj:
invoked anger of which mother? urs abi!
Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by saintendurance: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
Okorocha,stop sponsoring women to protest against gej.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo by zyzybabe1: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Joniboi:
My fellow compatriots, the unity, safety and prosperity of Nigeria is in our hands. We don't have any other country for ourselves and our children.

Please let's come out en mass and vote APC/GMB cos the security and stability of this great country is guaranteed under the leadership of the people's General. 

We can't continue like this anymore. We say no to thuggery and intimidation from GEJ/PDP Thieves. 

Enough is Enough! GEJ, the tears of our mothers will be upon your head.

Vote APC/GMB for a secured and prosperous country!

@JONIBOI,YOU HAD BETTER TELL THOSE "OUR MOTHERS" TO SHOW RESPECT TO CONSTITUTED AUTUORITY.THEY WERE CONSTITUTING THEMSELVES INTO A NUISANCE BY THEIR ACTIONS.IF THEY ARE TRUELY MOTHERS,THEY OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER THAN THAT.SPEAKING ABOUT THEIR TEARS,NO TEAR OF ANY SORT WILL BE ON JONATHAN'S HEAD BECAUSE THE WOMEN ASKED FOR IT: TEAR GAS BRINGS ON TEARS,STAY AWAY FROM IT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill 43 In Monguno, Hometown Of New NSA / Shekau Must Be Captured Dead Or Alive Within 40 Days - Buratai / Boko Haram Kills Soldier 4 Days To His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.