Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery (1412 Views)

Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Bomb Discovered On A Church Altar In Benin - Facebook User (Photos) / Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by greghamite: 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
By FEMI SALAWU, with Agency Reports

Things happened very fast and before parishioners could say Jack Robinson, the unconscious body of their shepherd lay on the floor.

Shortly after confessing to his affair, Bishop Bobby Davis dropped dead moments later from a suspected heart attack, witnesses have said.

Until his death, he pastor and founder of the Miracle Faith World Outreach Church in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Davis, a certified marriage and family therapist, served as pastor since he founded the church with his wife in 1967. The couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last June and have six children and eight grandchildren.

‘After the service on Sunday, the bishop’s family asked us to remain in the church and the bishop confessed to us something that happened long ago,’ Judy Stovall, a parishoner told the Connecticut Post.

‘He wanted to come clean with all of us. He wanted to ask our forgiveness.’

But after Davis, 72, revealed to the crowd that he had cheated on his wife of 50 years, Christine, 69, the shocked congregation began shouting at him, witnesses said.

‘We were shouting, “We forgive you, we love you,”‘ Stovall said. ‘I held his head as he...

Link In for more gist...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/03/fatal-confession-pastor-drops-dead-on-altar-after-confessing-to-adultery/

Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by Merlissa(f): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
sad sad sad
Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
I may be wrong but I think in a case like this a confession to God,His Wife and a higher authority in the church should suffice......Confess your sins one to another not to the entire church......cos not everyone will have the maturity to handle this kind of news......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by leshluap(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
here is the question. where is he going to...heaven or hell........
Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by 1dafullymade(f): 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
gues i can rightly say lucky him...not everyone gets/wil get ds opportunity...i'm "almost certain" he wil make heaven,"IF" he confessed to God & asked for His forgivenes(which i wanna believ he dd, sinc he dd confes to his congregation)..God rest His soul
Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by pinkycute(f): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good question.......

But let's not be the judge here...

leshluap:
here is the question. where is he going to...heaven or hell........
Re: Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery by jom28gy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
May be his deed was so gravious which he is hiding but can not be hidden from God,hence his immediate transfer.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Genuine Response: Is This The Voice Of God? / Muhammad Forbid His Son in Law ( Fatima Husband) Marrying Another Wife / C.S. Lewis Thought About Atheism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.