Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News (55772 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Will Muhammadu Buhari Be Nigeria's Next President?-- Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by pendy79: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2015
taharqa:

OLODO , if an article wasn't written by the editorial team or Staff of a medium organization, that article or opinion cannot be said to be from or represent the views of that medium

Even an idiiot like yourself can write an OPINION piece and get it published at Yahoo news (although I hardly doubt that for you )

Gat It??

If foolishness or stupidity is not an inherent trait in your lineage you won't still be commenting on your crazy act of ignorance and mumuism.

The question is, was the article featured on YAHOO NEWS OR NOT? you keep on and on displaying your ignorant incoherent act of gross illiteracy and stupidity trying to justify a brazen show of how dumb and foolish you are.

Is this article not culled from YAHOO NEWS as I indicated? Are news items for print and electronic media only sourced from the editorial board of that particular news agency? You better go get your brains checked block head idiot.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by pendy79: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
got a year ban for this comment few minutes ago but it was not hidden. How is this comment a false info when I had several experience of being ignored?

No wahala,I still dey kampe!

What rule on nairaland were you said to have broken to earn the one year ban?

Really the forum is turning out a joke day in day out and I hope you see why I said I will be deactivating my account after jubilating and celebrating GMB's victory here on Sunday or Monday.

One year ban? How stupid some of them think self bewildered reasoning and commonsense believing a ban on NL is tantamount to ban in life. Who gives a damn about their shenanigans.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by taharqa: 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
pendy79:

If foolishness or stupidity is not an inherent trait in your lineage you won't still be commenting on your crazy act of ignorance and mumuism.

The question is, was the article featured on YAHOO NEWS OR NOT? you keep on and on displaying your ignorant incoherent act of gross illiteracy and stupidity trying to justify a brazen show of how dumb and foolish you are.

Is this article not culled from YAHOO NEWS as I indicated? Are news items for print and electronic media only sourced from the editorial board of that particular news agency? You better go get your brains checked block head idiot.

Chai!!!

Some of you are just as DUMB as your master, Buhari.

The said article does not rep the views of Yahoo News cos it didn't come from their editorial team nor one of their staff writers BUT is just a mere opinion of a Nigerian published in the medium. How can that be too hard for you to understand

OLODO
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by pendy79: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
taharqa:

Chai!!!

Some of you are just as DUMB as your master, Buhari.

The said article does not rep the views of Yahoo News cos it didn't come from their editorial team nor one of their staff writers BUT is just a mere opinion of a Nigerian published in the medium. How can that be too hard for you to understand

OLODO

When.will your brain click and get tuned to what I'm trying to pour into it's emptiness?

Yahoo News is a multi-tasking agency, it is different from CNN or BBC. The Yahoo news section of it showcase News from multiple sources and operate like any News Platform.

When will your dumb brain be informed that I saw the news I posted on YAHOO NEWS and in no place did I say it is a Yahoo based article.

Get off my mention idiotic no brainer.

Is the source and the hyperlink of the news not properly indicated enough for you to feed your ignorance and stupidity.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by olas22u(f): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
#Neveragain.... There's nothing to do because the illiterate is not going anywhere. Hope you know who I'm talking about?....

You have not given up right grin grin
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by ghostofsparta(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
Durchmann:
In my honest opinion, I observed the following trends with the elections that have just been concluded:

1. With the advent of the card readers, a new rigging mechanism has evolved. Physical rigging by snatching ballot boxes and hijacking ballot papers will be phased out gradually in the political scene unless GMB or any other successive government decides to stop this progress. Instead, the new rigging will entail hijacking the rational minds of the electorate. In other words, whoever wields the best propaganda machine has seized 95% of the electoral space.

2. In order for elections to be adjudged as free and fair by all political stakeholders in this country, there has to be massive upgrades and reforms in the Immigration Service. Why is this so? The figures for registered voters released in the Core North has a lot to say about how porous our borders have become. The Boko Haram Insurgency even worsened the security situation thereby leaving our borders open to immigrants from neighbouring nations such as Chad and Niger. I bet you that these illegal immigrants even got PVCs far far ahead of citizens in other regions of the nation. Now add that to accreditation via card readers and you've transformed illegal immigrants to legal entities and stakeholders in the electoral space.

3. Inasmuch as there may have been little rigging raids in the South West, it was very obvious that for once, the perceived non-indigenes had their votes counted. In my opinion, I think the president's use of the armed forces to man the streets as well as the bridling of the OPC gave some sense of security to these set of voters whom ordinarily , would have deserted the polling booths. This was also similar in states such as Kogi and Benue where the margins were very tight as the electorate voted against the ruling party due to their perceived grievances. In other words, the electorate was king in the South West and the Middle Belt.

4. Finally, as much as I hate to say this, GMB emerged as the President Elect because he had the best of Nigeria's Political Clout behind him. If it were just Northern votes, he should have been president in 2011. Its very obvious to note that these Political Clouts decided to shed-off the red clothes of the PDP for the green attires of the APC. We may be free to criticize GMB's rule when he takes up the mantle but the emergence of an unprecedented election like this to hold again will solely depend on the will of GMB in 2019 or another political wave like the one witnessed in this transition. Who knows? The PDP may not be dead after all.

My hopes are that we sustain the gains witnessed in this election while pushing for better reforms and even smoother elections come 2019 and beyond.
Please Nigerians, never forget to keep the President Elect and his team on their toes from every channel available. Memorize their manifesto and keep blowing whistles where you believe they have erred. The citizens of a nation are the most efficient watchdog that nation can ever have. Keep flexing your new found muscles and make every effort count.

Together, we can realize the Nigeria of our dreams.

God Bless President GEJ.
God Bless The President-Elect GMB,
God Bless The Electorate.
God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
On point.
Number 3 is the reason why I never bothered for the PVC and subsequently didn't vote. Among my peers I wonder and ask them why can't Nigeria officials implement a digital based voting system that will rid off any loopholes for manipulations from party forces.

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Davied2: 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
When apc was campaigning pdp was busy looking for buhari 's waec certificate,now you have seen the results? Mumu party I can't laff oooooo.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by KingsleyCEO: 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2015
You must understand that it was never about PDP rather it was about Jonathan... For me, Jonathan is a true Democrat. For all those calling and compelling me for congratulations, I congratulate you o.
At this point you should know Buhari is no longer the apc guy but the president elect and soon the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria. Oga let the work begin.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by chic2pimp(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
Millionjazz:
I never know buhari and APC was spoken about in the bible. Pls before u vote read prover24:21-22... U will be suprised and will agree with me that there is nth new under the sun!

Engine eyes how far nau?......
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Moz22: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
Chai
SeverusSnape:
[s]#Neveragain.... There's nothing to do because the illiterate is not going anywhere. Hope you know who I'm talking about?....[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Intendy: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
Wake up! Wake up! U have been dreaming all day grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
I believe you have eaten your words.mumu of highest order

2 Likes

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Moz22: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Chai
temitemi1:
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Congratulation to Nigeria President-Elect #GMB, you deserve the victory. The real winners are those in in SS/SE who have conducted themselves in a civilized after hearing the results, unlike their counterparts that went on killing rampage four years ago.

I'm more proud of President #GEJ for ushering in this new era of transparency in Nigeria democracy. Anyone can grab power, but it takes great leadership and statesmanship to concede power.

Let this smooth transition of power in Nigeria serve as an example to some African leaders who think leadership offices are their birth-right.

#NigeriaDeicdes

2 Likes

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
how market naaaa
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
olas22u:

You have not given up right grin grin
Hehehehehehehehehehe... Bros, I've modified.

1 Like

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by SuperSuave(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
howfar Upon all your shout
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by luckynzo(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
APC have been given the mandate. This is a new dawn. Let's work together to move Nigeria forward.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
[s]#Neveragain.... There's nothing to do because the illiterate is not going anywhere. Hope you know who I'm talking about?....[/s]

Buhari is now the president elect. cool

Hmmmmmm..... I hope he doesn't sign this country into gayism. Called to glory!
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by smoothlips(m): 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
are u proud now?
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Funsina(f): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
I Shouldnt Be Quick, Bt I Think Boko Ceases Today. They Never Wanted A Christian To Rule. They Succeeded in Discreditin GEJ
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
ki ki ki! grin tongue cheesy
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by bokohalal(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
Cut lawmakers pay.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2015
Long story.

First thing is to crack down on Fuel Subsidy thieves and reduce price of Petrol to N60.
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by miqos03: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
u wan teach us
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by tylesh(f): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:
Eeeya.....omaase ooo
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Onakomaya: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
BE YOUR OWN BOSS.. REGISTER YOUR COMPANY NAME AND ACCOUNT WITH EASE WITH CAC AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME FOR JUST N30,000.. FILL ALL FORMS ON-LINE... AND MAKE PAYMENTS YOURSELF ONLINE.

Call me or Whatapp me on : 07032728941
it takes me less than a week for all processes...
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
GET DIEZENI, NGOZI OUT, DG OF NIMASA OUT...... THATS ALL I ASK.`
Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by redcliff: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
Keneking:
Great...immediately he is pronounced winner, I plan to dedicate time to assist the new government chart a new path of recovery. This article clearly articulates some of my thoughts.

I am aware that the new government headed by Buhari would be expected to hit the ground running from the first day being May 29,2015 therefore I pledge to contribute as much as is required to make him succeed.

Ordinarily we expect him to do the following:-

1. Announce his intention to form a national government
2. Develop a shadow government to work with outgoing government - similar to Fayose's model in Ekiti
3. Develop a marshal plan on critical sectors
4. Develop a multi-pronged foreign relations similar to India BJP model.
5. Relocate operating centre of his government back to Lagos

cc: lalasticlala

Sai Buhari

The bolded would never be possible. I would not even buy into that idea. Lagos is overcrowded with a lot of people and this would be the most foolish thing if its ever done!

1 Like

Re: Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News by bosun11(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
temitemi1:

HOW FAR ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gulak: We Can No Longer Coexist With Igbos In Nigeria – Northern Coalition / Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Imolites Destroy Uche Nwosu's Billboard, Sweeps Douglas Road In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.