Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (51550 Views)

Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
OYEL MONI!!! OYEL MONI!! NIGER DELTA OYEL MONI!!! WHERE ARE YOU ? PLEASE COME AND SAVE AREGERASCAL AND HIS FELLOW CHANGE AGENTS

12 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Little wonder these schizophrenic broom carrying demons wants POWER at all costs to riggle themselves out from the financial mess they've landed the imbeciilic Amaechi and his co travellers .

Here is the truth ; no single drop of oil from the Niger Delta would be sold to run these freeloading states whether Jonathan wins or not - We must agitate for true federalism at all cost.

Amaechi is a bastard and traitor.

Once Jonathan is reelected, the Niger Delta should start another struggle on all fronts for full resource control.

We must also ensure development of the Ibaka deep port in Akwa Ibom and also insist that all oil companies operating in the Niger Delta should relocate their corporate headquaters to the region.

The SW has enjoyed more than enough awoof.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ozoigbondu: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
AregbeRascall stop lamenting over oyel money and head to cocoa plantation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ozoigbondu: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
AregbeRascall stop lamenting over oyel money and head to cocoa plantation.No more oyel money for those parastic states.GEJ must win to implement the confab report enough of robbing peter to pay ungrateful paul

13 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
We must also ensure development of the Ibaka deep port in Akwa Ibom and also insist that all oil companies operating in the Niger Delta should relocate their corporate headquaters to the region.

I wonder why it has taken the ND eternity to realize this? Why should oil companies site their headquarters in Lagos and Abuja? Are the Governors sleeping or what?

16 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by yetunsbay(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
GBTYO:
Lazy bastards should stop depending on Niger Delta oil revenue and start planting cocoa.

Parasites!
dumb post ever liveth. Like as if N/Delta is in Niger Republic
Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Truckpusher(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
GBTYO:

Amaechi is a bastard and traitor.

Once Jonathan is reelected, the Niger Delta should start another struggle on all fronts for full resource control.

The SW has enjoyed more than enough awoof.
Some good people of the SW supports full resource control and autonomy but those that their heads are still stuck in Tinubu's asss A.K.A 21st century Afonja will continue to remain slaves to their Gambari masters .

Wether Jonathan wins or not it doesn't change anything.

On true federalism we stand .

20 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by pat077: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
if osun can no longer perform it's obligation, then merging it wit lagos will b neccessary.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
yetunsbay:
dumb post ever liveth. Like as if N/Delta is in Niger Republic

Aburro Taju go school yopu no gree.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by cfame1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
adebisi000:
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun on Wednesday opened up on his inability to pay the salaries of workers in the state for five months, blaming it on “declining federal allocation.”

The governor made the open confession at the 7th Bola Tinubu Colloquium organised to mark Tinubu’s 63rd birthday in Lagos.

He said he was deeply pained and unhappy that he had not been able to pay workers salaries.

“I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the declining federal allocation to the state.

“Federal allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since 2013, making it difficult for government to meet up its responsibilities,” he said.

Aregbesola said the situation became so bad at a time that he resorted to the state’s reserves and exhausted it on payment of salaries.

The governor added that the government went ahead to accumulate debt of N12 billion in its bid to ensure that salaries were paid.

He said that he would not mind to borrow more “just to ensure that workers were paid but the “banks would not grant more loans.”

He said: “Osun is next to Lagos in the sheer size of its civil service.

“In fact, the state inherited 50 per cent of all the workers in the old western state and more than 75 per cent in the old Oyo State.

“I was meeting my wage bill of over N3.6 billion with N4.6 billion federal allocation until July, 2013 when the Federal Government announced a decline of about 40 per cent allocation to states.

“This reduced the state’s allocation from N4.6 billion with which I was meeting my bills to N2.6 billion.

“Since then, Osun has had to augment salaries by sometimes N1 billion, sometimes N1.6 billion.

“Before the last time I paid salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money.

“Today, I have a loan of N12 billion that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.”

The governor said that his administration remained pro-workers in spite of the tight corner it had found itself, pledging to pay the salary arrears as soon as the means was available.

He reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of the people, adding that he had demonstrated the commitment with the implementation of a number of programmes.

He described Tinubu as “an icon through whom many great leaders had risen”

What a clumsy excuse from a failed governor from a failed party
Mr governor, ur reasons lack depth. Even if the federal allocation has been reduced by 40% does that stop you from paying at least one month salary every two months? So what happened to the 2.6billion you have been receiving since june?
For five months you have been receiving 2.6billion yet you can't even pay three months salary. Change indeed!!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GBTYO: 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

I wonder why it has taken the ND eternity to realize this? Why should oil companies site their headquarters in Lagos and Abuja? Are the Governors sleeping or what?

Gowon on the advice of thief Awolowo ordered all Oil Companies then located in PortHarcourt to relocate to Lagos.

Awolow will also discourage the construction of alternate sea ports in the southeast coast.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's the kind of change these moronic bastards are screaming allover the place only on the internet I guess . grin
U are right. Its only on the internet and in Chatham house they are makin dia noise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Montaque(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Oh hahaha
He has not been saving for the rainy days o
Leaders with no foresight.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by atlwireles: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
GBTYO:
How come Fayose is able to pay Ekiti State civil servants, clear the backlog owed by Fayemi and still embark on people oriented projects?

APC is a fraudulent party consisting of the most incapable and corrupt individuals[b][/b].

They will never answer your question.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by taharqa: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
So it is true that Aregbesola has not paid workers in Osun State since Nov last year?? How the helll has these workers and their families been surviving since? And to think that this same man also owned workers for about 4 months early last year until Ameachi used Rivers money ('free money') to pay the salaries b4 Osun Gov elections!!

Seun, isilove, Lalasticlala Frontpage plzzz

8 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by greatgod2012(f): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
When he knew that the state is this broke, why did he then contest for the second term

4 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
I will surely duff my hat to him if he can tell me that the politicians in the state are yet to be paid as well, has Aregbesola, and his staffs and the Executives within his government been paid? if YES, then, this is as dumb as dumb could be . . . these are the people that are really doing the work and yet they are not being paid to even come to work for 5 Months and the leader of that state could come out and say all these?
SHAME to our politics.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by yetunsbay(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
GBTYO:

Aburro Taju go school yopu no gree.

Nepa or no Nepa Sai Buhari!
Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by skykenny: 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
Agbero
Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by anonimi: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
LIAR and incompetent Engineer

* After painting Osogbo train station for N1 billion
http://osbcng.org/2013/05/29/aregbesola-eulogised-over-the-renovation-of-the-osogbo-railway-terminus/

** After spending N10 billion on phone repair shop
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=149118

*** After distributing change for Buhari's destined-to-FAIL presidency bid

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

It is understandable that he is owing five months salary.

Is Osun the only state that revenue from Niger Delta oil has decreased?

[img]http://i./yoJC2NhEwhBSQhu6WY.gif[/img]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by CyberWolf: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
You will never see any APC rodent on this thread grin...Gbawe,omenka,egift,obiagelli,etc...make una come ooo cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Sweetlemon(f): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
There's no excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ajepako(f): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Instead of coming clean and telling us where his entire state funds went..

Definitely a place in Lagos that starts with letter : B

Anyway, Osun people should not complain now..

Afterall, they chop Aregbe rice, garri, sugar, and salt...

So, now is time to 'chop' IYA

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by Ojiofor: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thank God our people rejected apc CHANGE since the time of Awo.AragbeRascal is one of the best performing governors in nigeria-apc.
Aru aka eme ndi Anambra asi na ngige meriri election garaga but thank God for giving them wisdom in rejecting thief.nubu's agent of change.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
u have no excuse

4 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by hush15: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
adebisi000:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/

What a clumsy excuse from a failed governor from a failed party.

Deep lies from the vry depth of hell.

Aregbe can lie!!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by ej77: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
But u can urself and ur political appointees.

1 Like

Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by PassingShot(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Something for the Jonathanians to feast on.

grin grin grin
Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by mashnino(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Iamsynord:
Ogbeni, Am dissapointed..Is this Change APC wan bring ??

is he the one contesting for presidency..or is is the party that will decide for nigeria...

even after everything...what has jonathan done... blind kpomo
Re: Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola by GENTLETEE(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
He should shut up! Heartless man

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Wike’s Giant Billboards Spotted In Abuja: Pictures / Commercial Buses & Cars Parked At Ekiti Government House On The Order Of Fayose / Alhassan Ado Doguwa Gets 7th Term Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.