Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC (1262 Views)

Senator Nelson Effiong Defects From PDP To APC / Ondo Guber: Sheriff Moves Against Mimiko, Deputy, Jegede, Others Over Pdp’s Loss / Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by dawtune(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Alhaji Ali Olanusi, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.
Olanusi’s defection was confirmed to The Eagle Online by his Chief Press Secretary, Daisi Ajayi.
Ajayi told The Eagle Online in a telephone interview on Thursday: “It is true.
“He has moved to the APC.”
The Eagle Online gathered that Olanusi fell out with his boss, Governor Olusegun Mimiko, over his decision to move from the Labour Party to the PDP.
So many aides of Mimiko also disagreed with the switch from the Labour Party to the PDP.
Mimiko pulled a masterstroke on his former boss, late Governor Olusegun Agagu, when he pulled out Olanusi from the PDP and announced him as his running mate on the platform of the Labour Party.
Olanusi was then the Chairman of the PDP in Ondo State.
Agagu was elected on the platform of the PDP.
With Mimiko’s decision to move to the PDP from the Labour Party, several of his lieutenants disagreed with him.
It was also learnt that Olanusi may have dropped his resignation letter as deputy governor.
He is scheduled to meet with the leaders of the APC in Ondo State any minute from now.
In a press statement he personally signed, Olanusi said: “In the unfolding development in our country today and in Ondo state in particular, it is increasingly clear that I need to chart a new course for majority of my followers who looked up to me for direction and leadership and who watched helplessly in the last six years the untold marginalisation and total exclusion from the government they laboured to out in place.
“While still in place as the democratically deputy governor of Ondo state, I have decided to lead my teeming supporters and well wishers in the state into All Progressives Congress, APC, where we can find fairness, justice, equity and democratic liberty to which majority of our kith and kins in Yorubaland belong.
“I have taken this decision at this crucial time in the best interest of peace, stability and good governance of our dear state and overall development of the south west and the nation.” Source:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by dawtune(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by ozoigbondu: 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wishing him well in all his future endevours still doesn't prevent Jonathan from winining the elections.........GEJ till 2019
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Hormoniyi(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
welcome development

Sai Buhari

Sai Baba

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by olapluto(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
It true, then it doesnt change much. Buhari already won Ondo state, with or without Mimiko.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by tp10: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
yes o, welcome to change.
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by tp10: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
TAN[thieves association of Nigeria] pls take handkerchief
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Rilwayn001: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Wishing him well in all his future endevours still doesn't prevent Jonathan from winining the elections.........GEJ till 2019
but when amaechi's deputy defected to pdp it was a celebration for TANOIDS LYK U!
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Greenbuoy(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
N o n s e n s e
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by WisdomFlakes: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Nice move. Welcome to team Change . smiley

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Rilwayn001: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
FP please
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by egift(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
PDP supporters say after me, Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by abitex577(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
We are watching as the drama unfolds......
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Rilwayn001: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Greenbuoy:
APC people,how market?
I know sey Even if na abacha heart im ghet, im don become saint be that!

Whats your take about Amaechis deputy??
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by januzaj(m): 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
sai GMB....WALAHI BUHARI LO MA WIN.....welcome to the winning team
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by phlemzy: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
It has red for Mimiko. The home state of the South West Coordinator of PDP Campaign Organisation. He even headed the Reconciliation Committee of the aggrieved PDP members some months ago. PDP is in disarray!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Rilwayn001: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
SouthWest is now sealed for SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by promisechild(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
Change has come to stay for real

Sai baba

Sai buhari
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by schrondinger: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
now, jona chances are very slim in ondo. i know is mimiko's ideal, baba cant move on his own.
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Greenbuoy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
N o n s e n s e
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by Rilwayn001: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Greenbuoy:

Sorry if this sounds rude but make any of them decamp or f.uck go wherever,I go remain indifferent!..all my heart wants and is looking forward to is revolution(not necessarily bloody) or at least a president with a TRULY strict,kind and incorruptible heart.

Then embrace CHANGE like mimiko deputy did.
Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by olawalepopoola: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
I live in Owo area of Ondo State. Akoko area is generally is known to belong to the opposition since the beginning of this fourth republic. In fact Ali Olanusi was the one that single handedly delivered Akoko for Mimiko in the last election! He is from a small village but has etched his name on the sand of time in Ondo Politics! For those who think PDP will Ondo remember these: Ondo has 18 Local Government Areas with 6 each belong to three senatorial district:
Pattern of Voting in Ondo State
1. Ondo North: Owo, Osse, Akoko South West, Akoko North West, Akoko South East and Akoko North East: This is the home to the likes of Aketi, Olanusi, Bode Ayorinde, Senator Ajayi-Borofice etc. 80% of eligible voters will vote APC while PDP gets 20%. Factors for this is because people see more politicians in APC as grass root developers than PDP politicians that does not doing anything for the development of the area. For example the first private university, Achievers University, Owo is established by Barrister Bode Ayorinde who is also running to represent Owo/Ose federal constituency in the house of rep.
2. The central parts will have 60% PDP and 40% APC 3. The southern parts will have 60% APC and 40% PDP. The reasons been that the current state chairman of APC Kekemeke is from this side and will definitely want to deliver as a good leader! MHR Hon. Edema is also from this side!
Other factors that have been affecting PDP in the state is the issue of Mimiko defection to PDP from LP to Lord it over them. Most of the Jimoh Ibrahim faction of the state PDP have resolved to work with the APC candidates as punishment for Mimiko

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Mimiko’s Deputy Defects From PDP To APC by dawtune(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
olawalepopoola:
I live in Owo area of Ondo State. Akoko area is generally is known to belong to the opposition since the beginning of this fourth republic. In fact Ali Olanusi was the one that single handedly delivered Akoko for Mimiko in the last election! He is from a small village but has etched his name on the sand of time in Ondo Politics! For those who think PDP will Ondo remember these: Ondo has 18 Local Government Areas with 6 each belong to three senatorial district:
Pattern of Voting in Ondo State
1. Ondo North: Owo, Osse, Akoko South West, Akoko North West, Akoko South East and Akoko North East: This is the home to the likes of Aketi, Olanusi, Bode Ayorinde, Senator Ajayi-Borofice etc. 80% of eligible voters will vote APC while PDP gets 20%. Factors for this is because people see more politicians in APC as grass root developers than PDP politicians that does not doing anything for the development of the area. For example the first private university, Achievers University, Owo is established by Barrister Bode Ayorinde who is also running to represent Owo/Ose federal constituency in the house of rep.
2. The central parts will have 60% PDP and 40% APC 3. The southern parts will have 60% APC and 40% PDP. The reasons been that the current state chairman of APC Kekemeke is from this side and will definitely want to deliver as a good leader! MHR Hon. Edema is also from this side!
Other factors that have been affecting PDP in the state is the issue of Mimiko defection to PDP from LP to Lord it over them. Most of the Jimoh Ibrahim faction of the state PDP have resolved to work with the APC candidates as punishment for Mimiko
Bode Ayorinde, that's my Pro-Chancellor

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Wife Dancing While Korede Bello Performs / Now That APC Has Won! Sahara Reporters What's The Way Forward? / I Will Continue To Make Sacrifices For Nigeria - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.