Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,598 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) (43722 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration / Isaac Fayose Writes Letter To His Brother, Governor Ayodele Fayose / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by slimfit1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Rubbish,just like Fayose lost Ekiti to Fayemi or Ngige defeat Obiano?....GEJ will win by a big margin....let us say, 5million difference.

I hope you are in Nigeria
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Ilemba(m): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
I never bothered by self to read this cos i know it's campaign after election
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by MisterBakreez: 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
LET US LIVE IN PEACE NOT IN PIECES
Yes we have campaigned, we have shown where our interest
lies, we have made daring comments which contains truth
but we have never think of bringing our dear nation to the
situation in Syria, Cotedivoire, Niger, Libya, Yemen and
other countries where they don't know peace due to politics.
We don't want to witness the brutal killing of two friends, we
do not want to see the spilling of cold blood of two brothers.
The truth is when we leave this soil to any country, we stand
as one with the same international passport. Nobody cares,
whether am in APC or PDP, No foreigner will call me a
hausa, Igbo, tiv, ibibio, itsekiri, yoruba, nupe, ijaw or any
other tribe you may think of in Nigeria. Their first question
about our identity is always, are you a Nigerian? If that is the
case, we should not let politics split us because the election
will come and go but Nigeria will remain while Nigerians
may suffer as a result of the harm we might do to Nigeria.
All I am preaching now is one love, let us encourage
peaceful vote and not violence because we don't have
another country we can call Nigeria.
#GodBlessNigeria. Idris Bakare, Esq.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by eureka: 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Collynzo419:
After Jonathan willfully neglected Northerners for 6 years, he is now writing a stupid letter to them 48 hours to election. What an Insult!

In the last 4 years , over 20,000 Nigerians in the North have lost their lives. Millions have been displaced and properties worth billions of Nigeria lost. GEJ and his wicked administration ignored these people forgetting that the day of reckoning was fast approaching.

For the first time since the civil war, we have Nigerians becoming refugees and internally displaced. His humongous wife- Shepopo had the guts to insult Northerners in several rallies in the SS, now this outgoing, non-performing, corrupt, drunkard of a president is writing an epistle to Hausas/Fulanis?

That letter will be rightly thrown in the dustbin just like Nigerians will kick out Jonathan and put him in the dustbin of history come March 28

Less than 48 Hours to Change in Nigeria

#wehavedecided

Lalasticlala

Becos you want change at all cost, you wrote this about a sitting president. Trust me you can't attain what you don't respect. Don't u think you have gone to far. Simply vote and wait for results but to insist on change by force will be resisted by even the spiritual. You will cry over this statement you made and I am being modest.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Marsh104(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:
Nonsense man...he has forgotten when he referred to the north as "fringes"

Interviewer: mr president, what about boko haram
I vowed not to comment
GEJ: err..well..we r doing alot...you know they used to attack Abuja before...now we have pushed them to the fringes.

By the way...from that letter...saying they should maintain the southsouth/Arewa friendship...is he threatening to go to war if he loses or what? Noted!

In fact, i expect the average northerner to know that Gej has failed Nigerians in many ways...security, corruption and ethnic division...

Northerners should not forget how this man treated sanusi lamido, aminu tambuwal and the memory of Northern military rulers that have died.

Sai Buhari
I vowed not to comment to any dumb post like this when I entered here but I can't just let u do this. Based on what u wrote pls tell Nigerians what offence Ekwueme and Ojukwu plus many others committed before Buhari jailed them?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by natureblack(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
theV0ice:

God bless you my guy. Don't forget others like

Barkin Zuwo 300years sentence

Abubakar Rimi

Balarabe Musa

Lawal Kaita

Umaru Dikko

Adam Ciroma

please don't cease to remember :

Shehu Shagari - he was never jailed,but given house-arrest.While Alex Ekwueme was left to rot in jail/kirikiri.

Shehu Kangiwa - He was the Sokoto state governor that supervised the well-known Bakolori massacre.Yes,he was arrested and subsequently placed on house-arrest.

Awwal Ibrahim - He was the Niger state governor that was caught with almost 15million pounds at Heathrow airport,London.He was also arrested,and as usual placed on house-arrest.

You think the Truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration.What is true is always revealed,and what is fake fades away.

The truth is incontrovertible.Malice may attack it,ignorance may deride it,but in the end,there it is.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by akunnasu: 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

GEJ: err..well..we r doing alot...you know they used to attack Abuja before...now we have pushed them to the fringes.

By the way...from that letter...saying they should maintain the southsouth/Arewa friendship...is he threatening to go to war if he loses or what? Noted!

In fact, i expect the average northerner to know that Gej has failed Nigerians in many ways...security, corruption and ethnic division...

Northerners should not forget how this man treated sanusi lamido, aminu tambuwal and the memory of Northern military rulers that have died.

Sai Buhari
Seems dat word 'fringes' threw u off balance. Y not use Michael West.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Adek15(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
nwadiuko1:
although jonathan underestimated the bokoharam menace......the northern elites are also to blame....they were not sincere in their approach towards its eradication
did we vote for northern elders in 2011? Bro/sis, just admit it goodluck failed us. I used to like him sincerely!!! Hmm...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olas24u(f): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
natureblack:
can you please tell me why these people are all from a particular area in Nigeria ?

Lateef Jakande -100 yrs sentence

Pa Adekunle Ajasin

Chief Ayo Ojewunmi

Ambrose Ali

Jim Nwobodo

Fela Kuti

Bisi Onabanjo

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Alex Ekwueme

Sam Mbakwe

Tai Solarin

Busari Adelakun

Lawal Ojualape

Bartholomew Owoh

Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of The Guardian

NB:

Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for medical attention.

Ayo Ojewunmi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

Alex Ekwueme was found innocent but Buhari still kept him jailed.

......and you think the South has forgotten.

Fool me once,shame on you.Fool me twice,shame on me. angry angry angry angry

Nonsense
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by nwadiuko1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
kastonkastrol:
dude jonathan is the president and not the “northern elites” as you call them. Gej allowed boko haram to kill the northerners because he hates them. And that's the truth that many of you jonathan _asslickers don't wanna hear
if only you read through my comment before insulting me........jonathan underestimated them boko boys, agreed he should be blamed. But the northern elites should also be blamed for impoverishing their people and playing hide and seek with those boys at the beginning.....remember when there was the kidnap issue in southeast, the elders took the matter seriously and helped the government end it abruptly....
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by joncom(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Collynzo419:
After Jonathan willfully neglected Northerners for 6 years, he is now writing a stupid letter to them 48 hours to election. What an Insult!

In the last 4 years , over 20,000 Nigerians in the North have lost their lives. Millions have been displaced and properties worth billions of Nigeria lost. GEJ and his wicked administration ignored these people forgetting that the day of reckoning was fast approaching.

For the first time since the civil war, we have Nigerians becoming refugees and internally displaced. His humongous wife- Shepopo had the guts to insult Northerners in several rallies in the SS, now this outgoing, non-performing, corrupt, drunkard of a president is writing an epistle to Hausas/Fulanis?

That letter will be rightly thrown in the dustbin just like Nigerians will kick out Jonathan and put him in the dustbin of history come March 28

Less than 48 Hours to Change in Nigeria

#wehavedecided

Lalasticlala

...Millions have been displaced and properties worth billions of Nigeria lost?
Hmmmmmm,

And North still has about 90% PVC collected? Something is not adding up.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by 2n2k(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
natureblack:

Shehu Shagari - he was never jailed,but given house-arrest.While Alex Ekwueme was left to rot in jail/kirikiri.

Shehu Kangiwa - He was the Sokoto state governor that supervised the well-known Bakolori massacre.Yes,he was arrested and subsequently placed on house-arrest.

Awwal Ibrahim - He was the Niger state governor that was caught with almost 15million pounds at Heathrow airport,London.He was also arrested,and as usual placed on house-arrest.

You think the Truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration.What is true is always revealed,and what is fake fades away.

The truth is incontrovertible.Malice may attack it,ignorance may deride it,but in the end,there it is.

At red coloured quote. Kangiwa died in November 1981 in a horse-racing accident. That was more than two years before Buhari took over on the last day of 1983.

How come Buhari was able to arrest and detained him?
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by hansad: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

Sai Buhari

Boko Haram? Your north fetched firewood infested with red ants when its 12 states adopted sharia criminal laws like stoning women to death for adultery, in 2000. Boko Haram emerged latter and says it is fighting for a country friendly with sharia criminal laws. So where is Jonathan culpable there?

Your luck is that more than 90% of Nigerians do not understand the difference between sharia criminal codes and sharia civil codes. Sharia civil codes have been in Nigeria's constitution all along. But sharia criminal codes are not in the constitution.

Your 12 states breached the constitution of Nigeria when it adopted shari criminal codes then; and even drew a map of Arewa Republic with that act.

And the same Buhari who charged Muslims in 2001 to ensure that sharia criminal laws are extended to all of Nigeria is the one you are doing sai to become president of Nigeria? Stupiiiid.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Stylaay(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Jonathan should forget the core muslim north and south west. From my day to day interaction with them I can conclude that they attach sentiments to politics. When u talk to a south westerner he grumbles that they have not being appointed to key positions in this government. The core north destroyed this country by institutionalizing corruption. If ur name was not abubakar or Mohammed could you get some jobs, could u rise above a particular level in the civil service. Some of us remember what Nigeria was like in the 80's and 90's when the north held sway. Goodluck is not my ideal candidate to rule this country but my annoyance is this born to rule attitude of the north and west. I also knew it would come to this in 2015. The problems of Nigeria didn't start with Goodluck and won't even end with him. We as Nigerians should have a way of checkmating our leaders, the executive arm of government is not the only problem of this country.the legislature is weak and corrupt likewise the judicial system. The state governors are a topic for another day and some people keep fooling themselves that Buhari will just come and wave a magic wand and everything would be okay in Nigeria. May God keep us to still be a nation the best thing that would happen to this country is to fall back to the regional system of government let every region sustain itself this same north will still oppose thus idea we can't continue existing as a country where there exits no equity and justice. APC didn't have the courtesy of picking a VP candidate from the south south or south east even if buhari was the best option as presidential candidate and u expect some of us to be comfortable with this type of party? PDP is corrupt but they are the only party that have a nationalistic and unifying stand as regards this country
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by stronger: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Absolutely disgusting!!!

This admin has been the most divisive ever!

he's talking about alliances and promoting ethnic division rather than unity! Gosh!! This is desperation at its peak! *spits on letter*

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by theV0ice: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
natureblack:

I'm sorry about the above.....were u jailed too? Adefulu was wrongly jailed but he has come out to say the problem on ground now is bigger than whatever happened 31years ago. In fact he lays the blame squarely on Diya the then Ogun governor. Shoneyin was jailed too but at over 80years now, he and his daughter, Biola who was denied His presence as a child realise the future is more important than whatever wrong GMB govt of 1984 meted to them. Thompson of the guardian was jailed but he has come out to absolve GMB of complicity in his travails because Rafindadi, the intelligence chief was their traducer.

I feel your pains bro......just like I also feel the pains of the 15000 souls allowed to perish in the north because gej forgot he was the commander in chief and the many more that would perish from physical boko haram and economic boko haram if this administration is allowed to continue

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Senjuchiha: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Sit down,sit down...gudluck sitdown....d seat na ur own ohh
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by nwadiuko1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
Adek15:
did we vote for northern elders in 2011? Bro/sis, just admit it goodluck failed us. I used to like him sincerely!!! Hmm...
I just wanted to make something clear about the reason why the BH issue escalated
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by natureblack(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
olas24u:

Nonsense
I am patient with stu(p)idity but not with those who are proud of it.Because there is nothing in the world that is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stu(p)idity.

Go look for a left-handed hammer,that might keep you busy.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

Sai Buhari
foolish Nairalander
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by hansad: 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Stylaay:
Jonathan should forget the core muslim north and south west. From my day to day interaction with them I can conclude that they attach sentiments to politics. When u talk to a south westerner he grumbles that they have nit being appointed to key positions in this government. The core north destroyed this country by institutionalizing corruption. If ur name was not abubakar or Mohammed could you get some jobs, could u rise above a particular level in the civil service. Some of us remember what Nigeria was like in the 80's and 90's when the north held sway. Goodluck is not my ideal candidate to rule this country but my annoyance is this born to rule attitude of the north and west. I also knew it would come to this in 2015. The problems of Nigeria didn't start with Goodluck and won't even end with him. We as Nigerians should have a way of checkmating our leaders, the executive arm of government is not the only problem of this country.the legislature is weak and corrupt likewise the judicial system. The state governors are a topic for another day and some people jeep fooling themselves that Buhari will just come and wave a magic wand and everything would be okay in Nigeria. May God keep us to still be a nation the best thing that would happen to this country is to fall back to the regional system of government let every region sustain itself this same north will still oppose thus idea we can't continue existing as a country where there exits no equity and justice

The sai Buhari noise now is more than the other years because some people in the SW foolishly believe that they are doing piggyback ride on the back of old Buhari to Aso Rock. They believe if Buhari wins, he shall die or retire very soon, so that Osinbajo shall take over. They do not know it is easier said than done. Should a Buhari presidency occur now, the mallams as usual, are so tribalistic that power can never leave mallam hand again - even in the next fifty years.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by nagoma(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
2 DAYS TO PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IGNORE
THE INSULTING LETTER .
and
CONSIDER THESE FACTORS BEFORE VOTING;

1. The Chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8. Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oil theft
11. Perpetual Power outage
12. Selling of NEPA to cronies and no
results.
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed NEPA Bills
15. ASUU & Poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
19. Stella Oduah Aviation Scam
20. Kerosene subsidy
21. Insurgency.
22. Pardon granted to treasury looters
22. Asked to declare assets... Response ..'I
dont give a damn'!
23. Asked questions on Economy..
Response.. 'I am not in charge'
24. Refusal to meet Chibok girls parents
until a small girl forced him
25. Foreign reserve depleted to zero
26. Nigeria debt paid by Obasanjo. Now
Nigeria is back into debt!
27. Not a single criminal in govt has been
apprehended or prosecuted
28. Quote of the year: Stealing is not
Corruption! (That from a PhD holder Pres.
GEJ)
29. Commander in Chief of Armed Force
who couldn't visit Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
to commiserate wt d people but plans to go
there to campaign!
30. Dollars loaded in Private jet to buy arms illegally in SA. ( for what purpose?)
PLEASE VOTE WISELY!

Vote APC
Vote GMB. VOTE for CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Skoopy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

Sai Buhari

Though you speak along ethnic line which I strongly object to, you still have some valid points that cannot be over ruled. I wish we all see a Nigeria of our dream before we death comes knocking. #votenotviolence
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olas24u(f): 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
natureblack:
I am patient with stu(p)idity but not with those who are proud of it.Because there is nothing in the world that is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stu(p)idity.

Go look for a left-handed hammer,that might keep you busy.

You listed drug peddlers on that list to also get sympathy right,laws of every land must be respected if you break the laws of a land you have to face the consequences of breaking the laws.Drug peddling in Indonesia is punishable with death, Singapore is death, Malaysia is death,India is 25 years ,Thailand is life .so what is wrong in death penalty. In fact in China corrupt politicians normally face death penalty.That is the only way to reduce and eradicate or bring down corruption. Even High tech countries still face the problems of kickbacks
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by jogojogo: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Apart from the insurgency,more than 60% of GEJ's admin had been focused in the north alone.Unfortunately most especially in the core north will go for buhari as they did in 2011....not because of anything bu for tribal and religious sentiments. It will give us full satisfaction to report that all GEJ needs are at least 25% from those areas. He's got southwest on Lockdown,SE,SS and NC.

Did you SouthWest? I laugh......Jona can't make more than 30% in the Southwest.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by sambisa5: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
soe:

GEJ: err..well..we r doing alot...you know they used to attack Abuja before...now we have pushed them to the fringe

Sai Buhari

if i were you,,,i will wait till election day and cast my vote ,,,,and whoever wins,,,,i celebrate with him..

You guys talk like you don't know what is happening in this country.. One thing i know is,,,, there is God and He is watching too....

The problem in my country started when Yarudua died,,,,i have no doubt that if buhari wins,,, bokoharam will stop,,,,we all know what is cooking,,,,but many ignore the fact and shout CHANGE CHANGE as if the one they talk about can actually bring the change......

Unfortunately,,,,i have no candidate in mind to vote for,,,and most Nigerians coming out to vote Jonathan are doing so,,,cos they are left with one choice,,,,,,i wish there was a better competitor,,,jonathan won't even smell coming back....

Buhari promised to make the country ungovernable and he did,,,,,,change shouters have forgotten,,,,,,they sheded so many blood,,,,and now change has overshadowed evertything,,,,

on this same land,,,,he wants to rulewhat about the innocent blood,,,those whose dreams were cut off,,,,they are also ready for the election too.....change wanters should know,,,

Jonathan is not the best,,,,to me i want him to step out of aso rock,,,,but the question is,,,, step out for whoabsolutely not Buhari,,,,,,

even those shouting change,,knows buhari has hands in blood,,,,

less that 48hours to go,,,,,am watching

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by baye2023(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
While GMB is writing to all Nigerians, GEJ is addressing his letter to just Northerners.
This should guide you in who to vote for.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by ichidodo: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
jogojogo:

Did you SouthWest? I laugh......Jona can't make more than 30% in the Southwest.
Are you sure?? Remember this was said of Fayose just before Ekiti guber...this was also said of Omisore just before giving Odenni a run for his money. GEJ has Southwest on Lockdown,you heard it here first.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olas24u(f): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=jogojogo post=32037966]

Did you SouthWest? I laugh......Jona can't make more than 30% in the Southwest

The person is forecasting using 2011 scenario
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Clinton207: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
Come saturday the 28th of march 2015 #nigeria decides. Vote prayerfully and wisely, shun violence !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olas24u(f): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Are you sure?? Remember this was said of Fayose just before Ekiti guber...this was also said of Omisore just before giving Odenni a run for his money. GEJ has Southwest on Lockdown,you heard it here first.

You cannot win where they dont like you ,you vote must translate to the overall perception of the people of the area
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by virus04(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Odogwua:
GEJ I know is better than BABA I don't know.
thank you bros

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan's Daughter, Faith Sakwe Welcomes Baby Girl / Fayose - "El-Rufai's Tweets If IDP Camp Was Mistakenly Bombed Under Jonathan" / Chinua Achebe And Fela Kuti In The 1980s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.