Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting (17971 Views)

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) / University Of Ibadan Recruits For Academic & Non-academic Staff Positions / Firstbank Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Dzeimzb: 4:15am On Mar 27, 2015
The University of Ibadan is the oldest and one of the most prestigious Nigerian universities, and is located five miles from the centre of the major city of Ibadan in Western Nigeria

Vice-Chancellor

Job TypeFull Time
QualificationPhD/Fellowship
Experience10 years
Location Oyo
Job Field Administration / Secretarial Education / Teaching

THE CANDIDATE

The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
a) be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor, with a minimum of ten (10) years experience on that level and
demonstrable ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for such a well established institution;
b) be a person of proven integrity;
c) be not more than 65 years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty on 01 December, 2015;
b) command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track record;
c) strengthen the bridges between staff, students, and other members of the University community;
d) be a person with a clear vision for the development oft he University;
e) enjoy excellent physical and mental health;
f) attract the much-needed funds into the University.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE APPLICABLE TO THE POST

The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.

Bursar

Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND
Experience21 years
Location Oyo
Job Field Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit

The Position

The Bursar is a Principal Officer and, in accordance with the University Act,’ the Chief Finance Officer of the University.
He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Applicants for this key management position must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be able to provide the management of the University with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions.
The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to support the needs of the University, command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the institution.

Qualifications
data-ad-slot="7239558686">

Applicants must possess a degree in Accounting with a minimum of second class lower plus a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University as well as’ professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications of ACA, ACMA, CPA,ACCA,ICAN, or ANAN
Applicants should not be older than 60 years- old as at date of possible assumption of duty on 19th November, 2015.
He/She must also be computer literate and have a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.

Experience

Applicants are required to have a minimum of twenty-one (21) years post-qualification experience in a University or comparable institution with a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience after professional qualification.
In addition, applicants must have a minimum offive (5) years residency at the level of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.

Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of BURSAR of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years. The appointment may however, subject to satisfactory performance, be extended for another one (1) year and no more. Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Government/University Council.

Method of Application

For Vice-Chancellor

(i) Each application should be made in 50 copies and be accompanied by 50 copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality. professional and academic achievements.
(ii) Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a
properly sealed envelope marked: Post of Vice-Chancellor; Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
(iii) Each application must be accompanied by 50 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the University I n the twenty-first century.
(iv) In the case of candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform to the requirements in (i) and (ii) above, but in addition, a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate shall be presented a long with the application.
(v) All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to: Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(vi) The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications or nominations should be marked POST OF VICE-CHANCELLOR at the top left
hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar within six weeks of this publication.

For Bursar

Candidates should forward applications and thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their full names (surname first), Date of Birth (not age), Gender, Marital Status, State of Origin, Postal/E-mail Address, Full Qualifications with dates, work experience (s), names and addresses of three (3) Referees. They should also forward, in not more than, a page statement of their vision and mission for the Bursary Department of a mature University along with two (2) Photostat copies of their certificates to
the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Ibadan, to reach him not later than six (6) weeks from the date ofthis publication. All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN”

Applicants are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Reports on them, using letter-head papers, direct to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of I badan, from whom further details may be obtained.

Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.

Deadline: 7 May, 2015

Source: http://.com/2015/03/new-vacancies-at-the-university-of-ibadan/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by joanprice: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
hun thats true
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Burger01(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Make I join climb palm tree dey read comments..

Sai Buhari

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by FRANCISEKE1(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Ok
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by betterpikinn: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Nonsense!
Is this what OP called recruitment? V. C and Bursar?
So you think an outsider will just apply and get that post?

Meanwhile,
I'm interested in Nigeria developing greatly.
I wish for a time when our nation will leave the title of a mere developing country.
I wish for a time when our green passport will not be an invitation to undeserved suspicion and embarrassment at foreign airports. For a time when economic growth will truly reflect in the lives of the common people.
Corruption is destroying our economy and so is insecurity, unemployment and lack of power supply, infrastructural neglect, to name a few. The economic gains remain in the pocket of the few at the top, while you and I scramble for what is left. Some of us point fingers and accuse the government of not doing enough. But if we are looking for the guilty, we need only look into a mirror.
Four years ago, we voted for good luck and not PDP, we
were carried away with the facade of innocence and fresh
alternative this government enticed us with. We hoped and
waited. Now it is obvious that Goodluck Jonathan cannot
do better for us than he is doing now, despite the myriad
of propaganda we are recently flooded with.
Now five days from today, we have another opportunity to
correct this damning error of PDP.
But if you've seen nothing, If the crimes of this present
government remains unknown to you, I suggest you allow
the 28th of March, to pass unnoticed. But if you see what
i see, if you feel as I feel, and if you seek as I seek, then I
ask you to join me on Saturday, at your polling station
with your PVC, to vote GMB/PYO, and together we shall
mark a new beginning for our great country.
SAY NO TO VIOLENCE.
GO OUT AND VOTE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

10 Likes

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by DeCritique(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Okay...

Is there any vacancies that offer 700k per month as salary?

If so, dusting out my CV and other credentials sharply!!
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by ozoigbondu: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Fellow Nigerians we implore you all to troop out this saturday in droves with your voters card and

J=Join
O=Other
N=Nigerians
A=Achieve
T=Transformed,
H=Healthy,
A=Adorable
N=Nation

Let the transformation contuine.......GEJ till 2019

V.C spot is vacant shocked

5 Likes

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by BizBloke(m): 8:11am On Mar 27, 2015
VC vacancy? shocked shocked I thought it should be in-house or something similar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Innodup(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2015
I only av olevel and I need d job otumopo all d way
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by anthoniosp(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2015
My fellow nigerians...they said this day will never come but I had a dream nd that dream is going to the promised land..peace has been the building block of democracy..let's use peace to continue in democracy...

Ehm..op what's d topic on?
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by naijaboiy: 8:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Na from Nairaland them wan get VC

8 Likes

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by chingydaboss(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Lecturers to be in.d building, its abt dat tym to accomplish ur dreams..

Gudluck y'all
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Kelklein(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2015
[size=18pt] If I forgive and forget all of Jonathan's sins against Nigerians, I'll never forgive him of the untold pains he put me through January 2012 when I couldn't move my family back to the city from the village...what kind of leader will choose a period like that to remove fuel subsidy..

#IhaveaPVC

#Iwillvoteoutinsentitivity
[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Adesiji77: 8:14am On Mar 27, 2015
I was expecting to see various middle management positions and below. angry

1 Like

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Raffie20: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2015
OP, na Wa o... VC and Bursar?

okay, goodluck
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Chimarto: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2015
noted
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Application for the post of a VC.......

I would get there........ #amen#

1 Like

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by ojotu4real(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2015
and u think anybody here is qualified ? .. undecided
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Policeneteter24: 8:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Ok
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by blessedvisky(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2015
ok
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Percentile: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2015
naijaboiy:
Na from Nairaland them wan get VC

I wonder o
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by toludadon(m): 8:28am On Mar 27, 2015
write is somewhere, Prof Oluleye of Industrial and Production Eng is the next VC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by CLEARINGAGENT: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2015
Good
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Zhul001(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Fellow Nigerians we implore you all to troop out this saturday in droves with your voters card and

J=Join
O=Other
N=Nigerians
A=Achieve
T=Transformed,
H=Healthy,
A=Adorable
N=Nation

Let the transformation contuine.......GEJ till 2019

V.C spot is vacant shocked
in your little monkey dreams

3 Likes

Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by ipunchbitches(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2015
ㅏㅏㄾㄹ홀ㅇㅎㅎㄽ

Æønc

LET THE bleeping BUYERS BEWARE
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by onatisi(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2015
toludadon:
write is somewhere, Prof Oluleye of Industrial and Production Eng is the next VC
but prof adewole is the current vc and he has only used one term isn't he automatically entitled to a second and final term? Just asking.
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Tonniey(m): 9:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Misplaced priority. Dis job opening is nt mearnt for the age bracket that surf nairaland
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2015
PS

YORUBAS HAVE A MESSAGE
ARE YOU YORUBA? THEN CLICK HERE
Re: The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting by afonomics(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2015
onatisi:
but prof adewole is the current vc and he has only used one term isn't he automatically entitled to a second and final term? Just asking.

Itz just a term.

My Alma mater wil miss IFA oooo... The best VC ever liveth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skye Bank Entry Level Recruitment, Apply!!! / FG Exposes Illegal Recruitments / Scratch Card For Direct Short Service Into The Nigerian Navy Is Out:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.