Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,471 members, 7,857,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154985 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Next update drops by 10:45pm. Would have reviewed it by then.

Grab your seat cause events are about to,....... lipsrsealed

I comment my reserve grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
me, mysef n I
we er waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
I'm speechless......

Fembleez1 thanks for the updates..... Wish u luck in your exams..... If you need a magic pen that will be writing the exam for you, just contact me grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
adeh39:
I'm speechless......

Fembleez1 thanks for the updates..... Wish u luck in your exams..... If you need a magic pen that will be writing the exam for you, just contact me grin grin
drop ur contact mam...and if u are wondering who i am.....i'm His PA
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
drop ur contact mam...and if u are wondering who i am.....i'm His PA

P.A ke? undecided
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
adeh39:

P.A ke? undecided
NAH SO grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fembleez1:

Post-UTME(around the corner) and Diploma entrance exam (coming up in August or so). cry

I never read since like 1month and the half. embarassed
I thought as much bros, best of luck big broda
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by pwettyhardey(f): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fembleez wish u all d best. Its 10:45pm now
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:01am On Jun 04, 2015

Mariam had been wandering around since she had had lunch of 2 doughnuts and a 7up drink at Iya doughs' kiosk not minding her friends' absence since they had all made up their minds.

When she had entered the kiosk, many students who knew she had never come alone to have lunch asked so much questions why her friends were not with her but she lied giving different answers of being busy or were not just in the mood to come for lunch.

The sun close to noon that day had not been shinning with belligerence, though the rain had fallen heavily and one would have expected a scorching sunny afternoon. The soil nonetheless was dry, they spook shoes with dust as one trudged on them.

On the field were students playing football; tyres used as goalposts by some; others used stones that they had brought out of the bush. The field was demarcated by them to various sizes of pitch that fitted the numbers of players and a goalie they knew could make the game enjoyable but not rough while others who wanted to play were adjoined to form a team on reserve and wait for set.

The field was such a big field as no one could lay claim to it, though the Wahabians had often regarded it as theirs. Yet all the schools in the compound came to make use of it once the ones at the front of their schools were busy with trainings or short matches some seniors organised. The big size of the pitch could accommodate a stadium if it were intended.

The goalposts of the main pitch was a standard one, wide apart and made of bamboo trunks. When there was a tournament, two other trunks were used to brace it and net hung across it to form a lookalike of a stadium goalposts.

The posts were as wide as the ones on a standard stadium, if not wider. One would imagine how tall the goalie might be to have the ability or reflex to safe-keep the posts.

Both jumps and dives were what would be required of an expert goalie who was not as infidel, a basket or cheerful giver as a lady would be with her own goalposts with different lovers/men.

Student who were waiting for set, lobbied at the back of tyre-goalposts. They had chosen themselves in groups or should be rightly said, a team as the current team playing, - 5 asides or more. They had come to an agreement after a long argument what score should be the set for next team. You would hear them.

“na one be set o!” And once a team scored, they would run onto the pitch to start another set with the winner.

Mariam had come outside sweating. She looked around the crowded pitch. People dropped nylons of ice-cream, doughtnuts, biscuits and various on the floor as they walked. The nylons flew about jubilant, as though they were also having their game of football.

A certain hush of the wind blew towards her and she felt like saying “thanks be to God.” She had been confined to the heat of the kiosk for 10minutes as she ate and now, it felt she had entered into an air conditioned room just outside the kiosk, meanwhile it was the pitch - chilly wind that blew, heralding the sign another rain might come before the close of school.

She wiped the sweat on her forehead with a finger before she realized she held a handkerchief; she mopped her nose that was dotted with sweats and the side of her face.

She walked forward thinking different things not knowing the path she was walking along.

She thought about how her closest friend Fatimah had concealed the letter from her. She tried to find a reason why she might have done that but couldn't jump into any conclusion when she remembered Zainab also knew about it. She could have said Fatimah was jealous or had some evil agenda on her mind. However, Zainab too couldn't have been having such, so she rebuked her thoughts. Anyway, one couldn't trust a friend that could hide such a letter from one!

She was almost knocked off by students playing `footy' when she was walking on their pitch, their territory. A ball or pass had been misplaced towards her and 2 players from either side were running towards her to gain the ball, she raced away.

She navigated her path beside the walls of the I.P.S and she lifted her head up to the Government College Ikoyi, she walked on. As she stepped and struggled to pass through the lawn and later grasses that hadn't been cut low, she saw the letter all written on her mind. Then with precision, were transported to her retina and every words were displaying through her lenses as if they were a projector.

Smiles appeared on her face as she remembered how he had adorn her with differing adjectives in the letter. Wow, Melvin was such a guy of many words. One who was learned at the eulogy of a girl. He could make the heart of a girl skip and her smiles bloom, melt and flow into a strawberry jam; a rare gem.

When a girl talks to a guy in such a manner Mariam had talked to Melvin, there was no doubt he would crave for her company.

Melvin as well as Mariam's friends knew her as a good `talker', friendly and always cheerful. Lightening peoples faces with smiles with her jokes and amiable rebukes.

Melvin didn't see all the qualities he saw in Mariam in Oge, Onome's friend in same SS1 and school with Mariam. Though it had not been easy for Melvin to get Oge back then when he was still in his SS1 and her in JSS2 but he didn't give up and it paid off well. He was lucky as many said to have gotten a girl of 18 like Oge with assets at the front and fully loaded at the back.

Her assets had drawn him to her love that he almost threw-up a `drinks for all' merriment when Oge had finally conceded to his love.

Perhaps Oge's assets were now limping at the back or fallen at the front or may be her attitude was begging with the way she annoys him now. Or it might be that Mariam's scintillating chatters and manners of approach with him was making him lose interest in Oge. Rejecting the housewife cause he now has in hand, a girlfriend.

Mariam had gotten to the front of his school and walked to where the staircase was located to ascend the stairs when she stopped a student who appeared to be a Junior.

“Please, is senior Melvin in class?” She asked politely.

“I can't be sure! I am only a student of SS1,” the boy in his white on white uniform; a blue tie stained at some point with the school emblem knot to the `collar-inners' and a sandal on his feet answered her.

“Okay, thanks!” She appreciated and ascended the stairs.

She lifted her legs one after another, hoping she might see Melvin in class. Though she had never come to see him before, neither did she know what particular class was his, she however was sure to find him, so long she asks and so long he was the only Melvin in SS3.

A lady had gotten out of her classroom and walked towards the stairs when she almost collided into Mariam.

“Oh sorry! Please do you know where Melvin's class is?” She asked holding the girl by the arms to steady her.

They girl was with `Shuku' on her head as hairstyle. Her face powered to a potion she felt it was okay to appeal to whoever looked at her.

“Ermm! I think he is in the Lab carrying out some experiment,” she gave her hope she hadn't come in vain “wait, let me get him for you.” She assured.

Once she had walked a few steps away, she turned back as though she had forgotten something.

Mariam was already resting on the `balcony' railings.

“I forgot to ask who I should inform him is here to see him!” She smiled, her dimples were so much enchanting, they could lure a man to `rape-kiss' her.

“Mariam dear, thanks!,”

She returned the gesture of a smile. They were same height but the girl was 3 years older than she was, though they maintained same maturity.

The girl entered the Lab, few seconds later came out and jogging behind her was Melvin who was shinning his 32 as he approached - that is if they were complete 32.

He didn't expect Mariam could come to look for him. Great, that meant the letter he sent her might have been considered.

He had always been faithful to Oge but things were starting to change as a result of peer-pressure and their off-the-mark advise. He was going to double-date if Mariam should say yes.

He thought about putting up a show as he was getting close to her. His mind winding wide, he thought about tickling her sensation with his fingers but decided it might unsettle her gravely, though she would laugh. He resolved blindfolds with his hands from behind would do. He stepped behind her and did as he had thought.

“Who is that? Hmmmmmmmmmm! Melvin, right?” She had caught him. Who else does he wanted her to say when he had come purposely for him.

“How did you know?” He laughed as he released his grip and took his stand beside her.

“How won't I, ehn? Don't I know the scent of your perfume”

she sure was already in love with Melvin to have known about that, yet she claimed it was just his friendship she craved, as Fatimah and Zainab had deserted her.

Melvin stared into her eyes for a few seconds and smiled as if it would soothe her imaginations. He avoided staring too long so it won't make her feel uncomfortable. He could do that with Oge but he didn't know how Mariam might react to it.

“That's very nice of a friend like you. You know,” he paused to take a deep breath and continued “I can't stop finding a new quality in you every time I'm with you. You are such a rare one, hard to find!” He complimented as she blushed.

They talked at length of the next 8minutes before they saw the time-keeper or rather bell-keeper bringing the bell out of the staffroom to end the break.

“May be we should talk better after the close of school. I need to be on my way now,” she made to leave as she offered him a handshake. He took it and rubbed his forefinger on her palm, she didn't know what he meant by that. She just smiled affectionately and made to leave.

They both didn't know that for the long while they had been talking `Radio Nigeria' had seen them together. Only God knew may be the girl was a witch or so that she never escaped such moment. Or may be she was a spy.
She pictured all they had done. She nodded and ran away from the scene.

Meanwhile,..........

Fatimah had left him to go alone as they got to the school. She took with her the nylon of doughnuts and soft drink she held inside.

Adefemi added step to his step, his mind still engrossed in the slap Zainob had landed on his cheek. He still felt he was dreaming. As they had passed through the commercial class, he stared at the fancy blocks may be he could see Zainob but she was not anywhere close to the place.

He entered the staffroom turning left which was only occupied by 2 teachers, Miss Yemisi and the mathematics teacher, Mr. Alaka. He bowed to greet the mathematics teacher who had raised his head when he saw the shadow of someone entering the room. The man returned his focus back to the marking of scripts he was engrossed in while Adefemi walked to the far end Miss Yemisi's desk was located. He remembered he had forgotten David's message all the while he was giving the freedom with Fatimah. He hoped that would be done later.

“Well done ma.” He greeted and `courtesied (courtesy)' his hands at his back, standing at ease like a soldier on parade.

“Oh dear, how was the class since morning?” She smiled to kill.

“It has been fine, thank you! A girl said you asked to see me?” He went straight to the point.

“Yea, sure! But you should have your seat first,” she gestured with the hands and bent to pick the bag she had wrapped what she brought for him. She placed it on the table and took her purse out of the bag. She was holding a 500naira note, brand new. If ATM were available then, one would have thought she had just visited one.

“Wait, what's the mark on your face?” She noted two fingers were printed on his right cheek.

He couldn't speak at once. He touched his cheek as if he hadn't any clue what had happened to it. When he had stared at her displeased face for a minute, he cooked up a lie.

“Someone mistakenly swiped at my face when I tried separating a fight on the field,” he wasn't wise at lies, not a professional at all.

If only he had been tutored by a crook liar, he wouldn't have said that.

“You can't be serious?” She hesitated but later had to accept it. She felt sad about it.

“What really happened? Okay! I'm sorry dear! Let me not delay you, it is 12pm already and the bell might blare at any moment from now!” She stared into her wristwatch.

Her cheerfulness had changed cause of the prints on his face. As though she didn't like what had happen, didn't like to see marks on him.

“I brought this for you and you can have this as your transport!” She handed him the package which was enveloped in a bag. He could feel as he collected the pack, something like Digestive Biscuit Pack. He hoped it was the chocolate buttered.

He remembered the last time he had eaten it, he had found it so yummy. That privilege was accorded him by his aunt. He had longed for it but had been unable to purchase it with his own money for he couldn't afford the amount it was sold at the chemist shop.

Other things were in the package but he wasn't as anxious as he was to check than he was to receive the 500naira note she stretched towards him.

“But hope these are not too much ma?” He never meant to say that.

“No dear! Just enjoy yourself. Okay?”

“Okay ma, thanks much! God bless you,”

He stood up and once he was almost stepping out of the door, the bell was `rang/rung.'

Miss Yemisi was still contemplating all that had happened that morning as he left when her phone beeped.

She picked it up from the table and saw a message/text. She clicked on it to open and read the short message.

“Hi Ifemi (my love),

It's me Kunle ur boyfriend. I'm sendin dis txt 2 ask u to pls 4give me 4rm the depth of ur hrt. I was drunk d oda day 4 laying my hands on u. Pls I nid u so much Yemisi my luv. I promise never 2 lay my hands on u again. Pls reply wen u get dis msg.”

Her heartbeat increased as she read to the last word. That had always been the message he sent almost every time and always does it again.

She shed tears as she dropped her phone back on the desk. A lump formed in her throat and it was too much for her to bear. The increased and rapid heartbeat and the lump, and tears and the pains of falling into his hands again.

Then the phone beeped the second time. She felt afraid to pick it but when she had managed to pick it, it read.

“I am already at ur resident. Pls 4give me!”

Her heart was racing now! Her eyeball red, fire and fear stricken.

Kunle the bully is back. The one who batters women/ladies as if they were a she-goat. One who beats his girlfriend almost everyday, up to the point of unconsciousness.

God, how is she going to survive this alive?

T,b,c,...........

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2015
Hmmmmm femi
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Dopeyomi(m): 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
Patiently waiting for the next update...

Message me on Whatsapp i want to ask u some private question

Sir Fembleez1 pls acknowledge the receipt of this post as soon as u read it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
You just got a subscriber

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:28am On Jun 05, 2015
QueenBJ:
You just got a subscriber

Welcome on board dear smiley

Please take your seat at the V.I.P section grin

Sageez, please popcorn for this lady! wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:34am On Jun 05, 2015
harjibolar10:
I thought as much bros, best of luck big broda

Thought as much? I write like one, right? grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thought as much? I write like one, right? grin
lol

How better can a university graduate be?

Anyways, I know before ni
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
harjibolar10:
lol

How better can a university graduate be?

Anyways, I know before ni

Lol, I was thinking there should be a difference or two grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol, I was thinking there should be a difference or two grin
Oya, you tell me just one
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2015
Nawa oooo.... Femi....na so u chop slap from Zainob like that? grin

Mmmmn..... Mariam rora ooo... take it easy, this one wey Radio Nigeria don see u and Melvin.... SMH....

Fembleez thanks for the update.... Wish u luck in ur exams ooo.

# TEAM SCENT
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by ibnbazz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
I love your story man. Actually my first time of commenting on a story on nairaland and i have also reread the story can you believe that. Thumbs up to you man. God bless your hustle and i must say you got me glued. Dont know why but i kinda connect to the story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Anamfiok(m): 2:59am On Jun 07, 2015
Sageez:
ibibio rite?
annang
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Fembleez1:

Welcome on board dear smiley

Please take your seat at the V.I.P section grin

Sageez, please popcorn for this lady! wink
QueenBj here is your popcorn, enjoy your stay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:18am On Jun 08, 2015
I'm sorry for lack of updates.

Network has really been friendly here!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 08, 2015
Fembleez1. I have ff'd the story from page 1. And it's been a great experience. Keep it up. But deal more with the presentation and the delay in update. Suspense is different from high BP. Thank you. ☺
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
i tink say dem ban u bfor
Fembleez1:
I'm sorry for lack of updates.

Network has really been friendly here!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2015

When the bell went off for the close of school activities that day which was also a Friday, the last day of the school week, most of the students went for their different religious service.

The muslims all congregated for their Fridays' prayers which was organised and coordinated by a Muslim cleric who often took the assembly every middle of the week on Muslim practices and the Quran. In his absence on any Friday to conduct the prayers, the Vice-principal who was also an Alhaji and vast in the Islamic religion, took his place.

You would see most muslim students bringing out mats; some were setting open twines that had been used to pack the small rubber kettle together in a sack; these kettles were made handy for ablutions at the tap close to the teachers' quarters.

The female student had all come with their hijabs as they put them on; some reaching their knees while others just hung a bit below the navel. Their male counterparts had their small cap on, as they all in unison trudged to the back of the school where the prayer and lecture session were often held.

The Vice-principal who was the muezzin at the spur of the moment had finished performing his ablution. He went to a mat that had been set aside from the congregation, looking forward, you will see the blue and yellow mat lying in front.

He stepped on it calling all muslims to hurry up and leave whatever they might be doing, to worship Allah, who is the most beneficient and most merciful.

“Allahu Akbar'” he would shout, hold a hand to his ears and the worship was started.

The Christians on their own weren't left out of performing their duties to God. Though, not many of the Christian students often waited for the fellowship but quite a number were oft present.

“Hurry up now, you know say praise songs go don start and na that part dey sweet pass.”

They hurried to climb the stairs as the person she was waiting for had caught up with her. As they climbed, their bags were clanging at their backs.

The fellowship venue was the SS3 Art class. It was conducted by the Account teacher who was also the Supervisor of the fellowship. Although, there was a President and other executives appointed to do that but because she was the religions type, had always come around to make sure she did her duty to God.

Many of the students who attended the fellowship didn't go because they wanted to hear the word of God but rather they went so they could dance their sorrows out, dance all the stress that started on Monday till today, a Friday.

It was a weekend tomorrow and they were so happy to be going off for two days, even if it was just that, it was okay by them - at least, they would rest and do whatever it is they wanted.

“We bring the sacrifice of praise!” The president would lead the chorus and the congregation would respond; clapping of hands and beating of drums would begin; students dancing any type of dance as the spirit led.

Oge and Onome and few of her friends haven't gone for any of the fellowship. May be they were witches, only God knew or our dearest in divination, the traditionalist.

They were seated in the commercial class and Radio Nigeria entertained them, she had asked them to wait. The classroom was littered with nylons of sweets; biscuit; black nylons of doughnuts and sort.

“Eh ehn! Imagine what I saw!!!” She clasped her hands mockingly, her face with a snare.

“Tell us wetin you see o,” they chorused really interested. Gossiper's Association of Wahab. Their faces were written with a caligraphy pen, enthusiast.

“Make we hear am abeg.”

They all sat properly where they were seated; their legs on the chairs and skirts tucked in between their laps like an old woman cooking in a village hut would do.

“You won't believe what I saw!” She stood hands on hips, requesting her audience to yawn to hear her break the news or whatever story she had in stored for them.

“Talk na, abi which one be all this yanga wey you dey do!”

Onome urged her, the first three buttons of her shirt were loosed revealing her cleavage. She had loosened her hair and combed it backwards without binding them to a knot. She ran lip-gloss on her lips, skin was way dark than normal as if she had gone mining in the hot sun the afternoon.

She had removed her tie, shoes and socks - sitting barefooted on a desk. Her legs were opened apart forming a `V' shape revealing her grey underwear (tight).

“Na Mariam I see o!”She began.

“That boyfriend snatcher, I still mean her o, she no fit escape from my trap.” Oge hissed and continued “na God save her self, dem for carry her go do money.”

“Wait make I land na before you `chuk' mouth,” Radio Nigeria interjected, her audience keeping mute.

“Na waka I dey waka o wey I use this my `korokoro' eyes see Mariam and Melvin dey kiss. The guy even dey press her breast `pompi pompi' like say him be Vendor.”

“Sho!!! I hope say no be my Melvin sha?” Oge's eyeballs brightened a little, she looked to her friend Onome and back to Radio Nigeria, she surrendered her gaze on her.

“Si-don there make jean-string dey enter your to`to,” Radio Nigeria lampooned.

She adjusted her skirt bringing it down a little. She was slim, so slim that her skirt begged for waist to grip on to. It had to give thanks to the zip sewed on the left side of the skirt, if not, would have been a dum-palm nut's to not fall off her waist. Her breast were so small, they were a dotted note on a staff in music.

“You mean say na my own Melvin you see with that thing!” She rose up furiously pointing to herself to acclaim Melvin as hers and hers alone. She broadened her gaze, they were thin and inquisitive and angered.

“Yes, your ex-boyfriend because as e dey so ehn, him no be your maga again. Person wey sharp pass you na him dey collect him thing. Na she collect am for your hand.”

Radio Nigeria laughter was thunderous, one would vouch such slim body couldn't have that sort of voice to laugh. She continued to laugh like a witch that it got Oge really angry, she was bitter and pained, she swallowed bile.

“Wetin I go do this girl this time around, she self go see say no be person like me she suppose to dey follow drag boy.”

“You no dey shut-up for once?” Onome faced Radio Nigeria that was still laughing. But before she could turn back to her friend, she threatened.

“I go show this girl today say me and her no dey the same category,” Oge hurried out of the class, her friend followed suit leaving the 3 others in the class.

“You self, your mouth no dey rest? Shey na every prick wey your to`to see e dey collect? Must your mouth say all they see? Arh ahn!!!” one of the ladies attacked Radio Nigeria.

“Wetin come concern you with that one? Abi na me talk say make you no get mouth to talk?” She retorted, hissed and walked out of the class.

“Hmmm hmmm! Wetin dis girl go still cause for this school, her head no go fit carry am,” another girl put in. She sat back on the floor, head between her friend's lap as she continued to get her hair loosened.

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by ibnbazz(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Here it is peeps dont just read only but read and like to encourage the writer. As usual we want more...hehehe

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
The guy even dey press her breast `pompi pompi' like say him be Vendor.” grin nah this part I like most

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Fembleez1 this story reminds of my secondary school days, you are doing a very good job,

You just got a new follower, pls treat me well o
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:30am On Jun 09, 2015

After Mariam had finished praying, she had waited for lectures and when it seemed it wasn't going to come to an end so soon, she had to finally stand up from her mat and walked out of the premises that was filled with footwears of difference kinds.

There littered about the tap, rubber kettles they had used for their ablutions; close to the teachers quarters also was a well, someone fetching water inside a green bucket.

She took her left turn and approached her class as she pass through the mango tree. Soon as she entered the door of her class, she removed her hijab, zip-opened her bag and kept the hijab inside it. When she had zipped it back in place, she lifted it up to her back and wore it, heading for Melvin whom she had planned to meet at the close of school today.

The sun and the rain at about 2:30pm that day had not really turned up, they left the earth unattended to and everywhere was just lukewarm.

“What's up dear,” Melvin greeted as he removed his hands from his side pockets.

He gave her a slight hug with the touch of his side and they continued walking towards the IPS.

As they approached the IPS gate, they waited to sit on some blocks attached to the wall but Melvin objected. The noise of those primary school students could be heard across the wall as they were engaged in a football match.

“Why don't you let us go find somewhere private on the pitch,” he suggested.

“Oh, that would be nice,” she smiled, her dimples showing.

Her beauty seemed to have taken a new turn after the prayers as though she had beheld Allah's face. Her hair which was plaited `shuku' still stood on her head, neat and shiny, it felt she had just plaited it.

He held her right hand as they walked to the field.

“So tell me, how did class go today?”

“Wasn't that bad you know, just some tough physics; biology was interesting and english was way better than them both. I think you should guess what summed up my day anyway.”

She was happy, one could read it in her face. Her face was very bright and cheerful, it didn't appear she had lost two friends today.

“Oh yeah! Say you were just fulfilled throughout?”

“Somewhat dear! Seeing you at break was something I couldn't have imagined to have done. I was happy nonetheless.”

She looked to his face to see may be he was pleased with what she said but his face was focused forward. He savoured in his heart the change he was having on her. Hadn't she been really dodgy the first time they met, saying she didn't want a boyfriend? It seemed everything was working according to his plans. Thank God he wrote her that letter.

“Yea Mariam!” He paused and halted but didn't turn to face her. She in place took the turn and faced him, she stopped walking.

“You called my name?” She broke in when it seemed he didn't, couldn't find courage to proceed with his speech.

“Oh yeah, I did!” He gathered himself together “I was the happiest guy on earth to have seen an angel like you during break. My experiment in the Lab went smoothly after you left. I was able to arrive at every conclusion without much thoughts when you left,.......................wow!!!“ He exclaimed.

His demeanour were picking strength, he managed to laugh while she blushed at all he had said. They held hands and started walking again.

They both maintained silence, different thoughts running through their minds.

“Why don't you let us sit here?” He suggested an empty kiosk he had sighted. It had been built for a new trader who hadn't resumed yet.

The kiosk was a wooden one with benches attached to the walls of it to accommodate customers. This was different from other kiosks and canteens on the field and one would imagine what the seller might be intending to sell there.

Melvin sat down at the east side of the koisk while Mariam on the west. What were they doing sitting away from each other? The distance was uncalled for but it seemed they didn't want it to look too fast to start getting close to each other on their supposed first private discussion - moreover they were still friends.

Mariam raised her head that had been bowed before and looked at Melvin. She wanted to smile at him but she grinned cautiously.

Melvin had suddenly develop the disease called Shifty Eyes, he couldn't maintain a gaze, couldn't stare into her eyes. She had been the shy one on their first encounter but it seemed baton had been exchanged. Or may be he was just acting reserved.

“Ermm!!!” He managed to utter.

He ran his right hand against his hair that was on a low cut, his head the shape of drakes' - nose pointing forward.

“You want to say something?” She asked, her brow moved up on the right as if it were a question mark.

“Not really. Ermm!! Mariam!” He was dumb again.

What foolishness was the dummy performing? Saying “not really” and then starting a sentence again. Why hadn't he done a dress rehearsal before coming along with her?

Mariam on her part had rehearsed every line she thought she might be making use of in his presence. She had repeated many lines to herself; rebuked some; said no - it won't make sense that way; oh, it would be nice putting it this way and all.

She had wanted the periods after the break to run very fast so she could offload all she had crammed, all she had rehearsed.

“But you just called my name?”

Melvin was making a young Mariam to dictate invent when he who was matured both in age and experience, and should have been the one making everything flow.

He stood up with a mad courage; hands tucked in his pocket and approached where she sat. He hesitated in his mind may be he was doing the wrong thing but he refuted and sat beside her.

He had wanted to lift her up, holding her shoulders for some minutes so he could engage her in a long talk where lovers swam in the euphoria of sweet words.

“Did you receive the letter I sent to you?”

“Yep, I did!!” She smiled “I read everything and I can't tell you the number of times I've gone through it today.” She paused, looked into space. “I can even read it out words for words without looking at the letter.” She was going too fast.

She remembered her friend Fatimah at that point and thought about given her in but decided against it. She didn't want to tarnish the image of her friend in his presence. She rather evaded mentioning anything about the delay it had taken to get the letter.

She was grateful to God that at least she had managed to give her the letter. And what if she had decided not to? She thought about what possibility it might have been to be sitting beside Melvin today.

“Hope you weren't offended by its content?” He teased her.

He already heard what she said about the letter. No lady would tell you she knew every words of a letter you sent to her if it offended her pride.

She laughed out loud, one would see the joy in her laughter; her throat vibrated.

“Nah, I wasn't! And why should I be?”

They looked at each other with smiles. Their gazes interlocked and roses seemed to be descending as if it were their wedding day.

Gradually the environment was changing. Very bright was the atmosphere but it turned out snow was falling at only the point they were rooted to. Stars sparkled in each eyes and the colours of the rainbow surrounded them.

Everywhere assuden became silent, one would hear a pin drop. Then it took one to The Tempest by William Shakepeare when he had to invoke his agent spirits, Ceres, Nymph, Iris, Juno and the likes to come set up a banquet for Miranda and Ferdinand, Mariam and Melvin.

Stars started sparkling at every corner, spirits of love performing magic around them. The bliss was much as it stood on their dry lips, unable to utter a word. They were struck dumb by an unknown force, maybe the forces of love that were so much a feeling beyond human control.

Melvin seemed to have been released a little by Ariel the head of the spirits as he stood up and lifted her up too. He was going to make use of the opportunity. He removed his hands from his pocket and held her hands, interlocked.

She longed for his warmth with the way she continued to stare into his eyes. It felt he had used charm on her, she didn't know anything about the environment.

He grasped for breath as he continually looked into her eyes. His plans were drafted in his mind. He was struck out of sanity with the way her eyeballs lit fire forthwith. Some certain layer formed at her eyeballs, they were like a canopy; pure white in colour, they were water, tears.

His lips managed to open a little with the `gummy' stick appearing as they went apart.
Without a calculated effort, their heads were starting to close up, coming together bit by bit.

“I love you Mariam,” his lips moved slightly with the sentence incoherent but Mariam heard him.

The distance between their heads and lips were not much any longer yet they stared into each others' eyes clueless. He bent his head to engage his lips with hers when the lady that had not been expected scampered in.

“If you dare! I'm going to kill you with my bare hands,” she threatened.

T,b,c,.........

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by ibnbazz(m): 1:39am On Jun 09, 2015
Nice update oga...need to see a doctor cuz i cant seem to sleep at night but the stories have been making my night no doubt. Thumbs up man
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
I so missed my Etisalat. EmptyHen sucks big time cry

Thank God I'm back cheesy

New followers, please do not be angry at me, I will welcome you the proper way soon. Accept my humble apology/ies. embarassed
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by ibnbazz(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Etisalat rules...

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.