Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (10384 Views)

10 Courses In Universities That No Longer Have Clear Career Paths / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by proficienc(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
SMH, the word 'Genius' has been bastardize. I'm sure any smart and hardworking person can take up any of these courses and ace it. I'm yet to see a real genius tho I've met lotsa smart guy.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by acenazt: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
Taireblaze:
mee too im poor @ maths ...i would just go for accounting then....thanks bro
thats lyk jumping from stove to gas. The math isnt much. Its just 1 with a 3 credit load and prerequisite if carried over. Math for econs aint no beans even engineerin students dey feel us
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by naturalwaves: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
PrinceMario:
Sincerely, you're entitled to your opinion just don't be clueless when expressing it. Elect guys are good, we offer a lot of courses together but you cant just help it seeing chemical guys taking the lead in the faculty of tech. scores like 95A,90A,88A are always from chemical engineering nerd, even their EEE courses we offer at their department has severally been lead by chemical guys. About sir Jarus, unless you've been blinded by bitterness, not to reckon with the fact the he is one of the most(if not the most) renowned career/academic personnel we have on nairaland so his ratings cant be debunked.
In your school, chemical engineering guys might be better but generally, EE guys and mech engine still carry the day and as you can see, the research still placed EE and mech above chem.engine. I think you shouldn't really bother yourself, at least chemical engineering is on the list. Computer science still requires a higher IQ than all those ones cos if you do not have a very IQ, you can't be one.

Talking about your mentor, he wasn't and isn't a science person. He did Accounting and there is a wide gap between that and the subject matter we are talking about, he only has a faint idea cos he works in an oil firm and sees a lot of chem engineering grads. So, he isn't in a good position to say what and what is not when such subject matters are being discussed.

Moreover, you spanking 90A bla bla bla does not necessarily make one a genius or have a high IQ. In the science field, I doubt if there is any subject matter that requires a higher IQ than programming/ computer science.

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Taireblaze(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
acenazt:
thats lyk jumping from stove to gas. The math isnt much. Its just 1 with a 3 credit load and prerequisite if carried over. Math for econs aint no beans even engineerin students dey feel us
i really hate maths ooo nd nd i was thinking d one in d uni is lyk d way we did it in secondary school buh higher grade

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Bobbyzain(m): 12:32am On Mar 30, 2015
Idyllic:
About Medicine. People need to understand this. To beat the cut off to enter Medicine, your need to be a genius. Medicine and law usually have the highest admission cut offs. So, the best of the bests are in Medicine. If you can look back, the best student in your class in secondary school is probably studying Medicine or Law. But once you get to Medicine, you need hardwork and consistency. So, if an average students luckily, through nepotism, quota, favoritism or through any other means get admission to Medicine. Even, If he or she has average intelligence, if he/she can be hardworking(reading, reading and reading) and consistent. With God's favour he/she will survive medical school. So, the OP is correct about medicine having lots of geniuses. To legitimately beat the cut off, you need to be a genius.
and you think jamb and post umes thier cut-offs well enough to give that as a basis for his assumption. What you don't know is that the only reason why courses have high cut-offs is because of the large number of students trying to get to study that course, and not because of thier genius rate.
All you need to do is select a school at random and check the jamb statistics for the number of applicants for both med. And law courses in that school,then compare it with the other courses offered by that school.
Even the Engineering the original Op said had high percentages of geniouses has one of the lowest cut-off marks compared to most other subjects offered by those schools highlighted by the op. All you need to do is check past cut-offs to see for ur self.

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Bobbyzain(m): 12:41am On Mar 30, 2015
Taireblaze:
mee too im poor @ maths ...i would just go for accounting then....thanks bro
am an economics student, and its true economics requires maths geniouses o,but u dont need to giv up on urself u could brush up ur maths and be good in it,
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by tempest69: 1:31am On Mar 30, 2015
kayciano:
What of ZOOLOGY..?
any" Jonah" here? tongue
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Taireblaze(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2015
Bobbyzain:
am an economics student, and its true economics requires maths geniouses o,but u dont need to giv up on urself u could brush up ur maths and be good in it,
thanks bro buh what kinda maths should i be expecting
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2015
If everybody signs up for this http://addanny.com/social/26/18524 then we would have kicked out poverty from this country.

Sure there's something in it for me but there's a whole lot in it for you!

Make we no dey carry last ABEG
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Bobbyzain(m): 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
The type done in further maths.and more in a complex scale,sometimes when i get confused i go bak to sec. School further maths txtbooks.in order to easily understand wat d lecturer was crackin abt in class. Just for dis 100level
Taireblaze:
thanks bro buh what kinda maths should i be expecting
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Taireblaze:
please economics is the course i wish to study and people keep telling me yoo most be a mathematician to study economics is it true?pls enlighten me
Yes o.. U must be a certified Mathematician to study Economics

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Taireblaze(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Yes o.. U must be a certified Mathematician to study Economics
what kinda maths should i be xpecting??is it a maths all rounder course
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by uch21(f): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
so wat happened to de course of the greatest man so far,Albert Einstein, physic, una no get OT baa

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2015
mowah:
according to the research performed by 6 UNILAG mass comm student in 2012 including by big bro Soniregun adeleke olusheyi
here are the 10 courses in Nigeria you will encounter geniuses

1. Medicine and Surgery. 65% of them are geniuses
2. Electrical engineering. 55%
3. Law. 40%
4. Mechanical Engineering. 30%
5. computer science & engineering. 26%
6. Economics. 23%
7. pharmacy. 20%
8. Accounting. 20%
9. Chemistry and Biochemistry 18%
10. Chemical and Civil engineering 18%.
applies for UNILAG UNI IBADAN UNILORIN UNIBEN UNN AND OAU ONLy

what method did u employ in generating these figures?
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Evvilgenius:

Heyy bruv, its not all medical students that read like that. I, my humble self dont read anything twice. I read very wide but dont repeat anything (many of my classmates dont believe me tho)...I use most of my time doing many other stuff.

But really, come to unilorin med school and see different categories of geniuses. They are just naturally good...In my class of 99,I know up to 17 people that had 9 A1s in their O' level..our ume cut off was 240 but 80 percentile had greater than 285 and other stuff like that.

There are still some 'normal' guys tho that were even head and all in their secondary schs but have to be with their books for almost 24hrs reading nd reading ... Med sch is just some strange place, just know yourself nd do your thing..Geniuses abound
you said u read once nd never review.please can u help a brother out by explaining how u do this?. asin the method u use nd the thought process going on inside your head.please sir help a brother out.
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by xilef10(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
ur list Neva complete without putting petroleum engineering.com to u.I and see how pet guys dey lead the whole faculty of technology
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Ability247(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2016
mowah:
according to the research performed by 6 UNILAG mass comm student in 2012 including by big bro Soniregun adeleke olusheyi
here are the 10 courses in Nigeria you will encounter geniuses

1. Medicine and Surgery. 65% of them are geniuses
2. Electrical engineering. 55%
3. Law. 40%
4. Mechanical Engineering. 30%
5. computer science & engineering. 26%
6. Economics. 23%
7. pharmacy. 20%
8. Accounting. 20%
9. Chemistry and Biochemistry 18%
10. Chemical and Civil engineering 18%.
applies for UNILAG UNI IBADAN UNILORIN UNIBEN UNN AND OAU ONLy

Go and try Chemical Engineering in FUTO... even geniuses find it difficult to survive there.
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by sweet7oyin(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Pharmacy shuld. Be b4. Medicine...elect elect shuld be . Number. 1..

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by mytym(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2016
tuwayz:
bros electrical engineering is the engineering field with highest number of ladies, make research b4 u post
yea, but research also has has it that ladies brain have more grey mater for intelligent thinking than men. So both of you are right.

sweet7oyin:
Pharmacy shuld. Be b4. Medicine...elect elect shuld be . Number. 1..
Though I studied electrical engineering which really is not for simple thinkers, I always and still maintain and rate Pharmacy/Biochemistry/Chemistry-based courses above medicine. They're like Alchemy.
However, the medical school is not for jokers either.

naturalwaves:

In your school, chemical engineering guys might be better but generally, EE guys and mech engine still carry the day and as you can see, the research still placed EE and mech above chem.engine. I think you shouldn't really bother yourself, at least chemical engineering is on the list. Computer science still requires a higher IQ than all those ones cos if you do not have a very IQ, you can't be one.
Talking about your mentor, he wasn't and isn't a science person. He did Accounting and there is a wide gap between that and the subject matter we are talking about, he only has a faint idea cos he works in an oil firm and sees a lot of chem engineering grads. So, he isn't in a good position to say what and what is not when such subject matters are being discussed.
Moreover, you spanking 90A bla bla bla does not necessarily make one a genius or have a high IQ. In the science field, I doubt if there is any subject matter that requires a higher IQ than programming/ computer science.
In his School(OAU) -CHE department, has a history of protecting their students even in courses offered in other departments whether they be genius or not...the bolded very accurate.

That said, Programming/Computer Science is relatively a modern subknowledge of Electrical Engineering and Mathematics and cannot be fully separated from both disciplines...So we are all saying the same thing from differently wide perspective. e.g
Grace Hopper the inventor of COBOL is an Electrical Engineer...
Alan Turin who is supposedly a mathematician designed a machine that solved the Enigma Code during World War -that machine basically involved high level of Engineering and Computing.

uch21:
so wat happened to de course of the greatest man so far,Albert Einstein, physic, una no get OT baa
Physics is the philosophy and the root of everything. EE is rated toughest of Engineering bcoz it probably is the branch that applies every philosophy Pure Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics has to offer.

These movies reveal too...

The Immitation Game
The Theory of Everything
A Brilliant Young Mind
3 Idiots

Electrical Engineers are trained to Understand everything which is more like how physicists are trained too but engineers bring the 'thought' to become 'form' in order to solve (and in some cases create) human problems from nature.

You all are correct anyways. All courses have 'geniuses' some disciplines of knowledge just bring out the genius more than some other.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by mytym(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2016
xilef10:
ur list Neva complete without putting petroleum engineering.com to u.I and see how pet guys dey lead the whole faculty of technology
But the 2015 overall best faculty grad somehow manage to come from EE...

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2016
ALKARULEZZ:
#team_ECONOMICS

Economics should be Number 1 tho....... (Economics graduates can testify)

baba hw d course be,hope its fun
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
Yea,in a dumb continent like Africa.No even Mathematics or Physics...lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Engineer Graduate Membership Exam / Houdegbe North American University Not On The List Of Accredited Universities / Aaua 2011/2012 Post-ume Cut Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.