Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (10377 Views)

10 Courses In Universities That No Longer Have Clear Career Paths / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by mowah: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
according to the research performed by 6 UNILAG mass comm student in 2012 including by big bro Soniregun adeleke olusheyi
here are the 10 courses in Nigeria you will encounter geniuses

1. Medicine and Surgery. 65% of them are geniuses
2. Electrical engineering. 55%
3. Law. 40%
4. Mechanical Engineering. 30%
5. computer science & engineering. 26%
6. Economics. 23%
7. pharmacy. 20%
8. Accounting. 20%
9. Chemistry and Biochemistry 18%
10. Chemical and Civil engineering 18%.
applies for UNILAG UNI IBADAN UNILORIN UNIBEN UNN AND OAU ONLy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Mikocake(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
i think you made sense there.
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by rubii09: 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
Bros remove medicine from that list. Any average student with hardwork and perseverance can read medicine.

28 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by zyzxx(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nice point
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
#team_ECONOMICS

Economics should be Number 1 tho....... (Economics graduates can testify)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by lagcity(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
Applied mathematics ,moraforkers! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2015
What of ZOOLOGY..?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
No genius in medicine.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by naturalwaves: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
You are correct about computer science. I have seen so many genii from that department . Being a good computer scientist itself requires a very high IQ. Although,I am not a genius, I studied computer science. During my set, three of my colleagues won The National Computer Programming Competition for Nigerian Universities and I must confess that they are genii.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by barackodam: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
why not generalise engineering instead of splitting it.

BTW, you ain't supposed to look for genius in genius-expected courses.

courses like engineering or medicine, even if you an average student, you must burn the midnight candle, and read as if your life depends on it.

last time I checked, Albert Einstein & Michael Faraday weren't Doctors nor engineers.

checkout the person with highest IQ in the world and see what he studied in school

see here. http://listovative.com/top-12-people-highest-iq-world/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by omicron(m): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
rubii09:
Bros remove medicine from that list. Any average student with hardwork and perseverance can read medicine.
You dont seem to get the drift...

If the same "average" student should put in HALF that measure of hardwork and perseverance into other courses, he will become the best in those other courses....all other things being equal.

There is no course that does not require hardwork. But the point is, genuises dont really need much hardwork or perseverance. They operate like wizards, like magicians.

I saw a lot of them in med school

10 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by PrinceMario(m): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lies....medicine requires hardwork and perseverance, you don't necessarily need to be a genius. The engineering course with the highest rate of diverse genius is chemical engineering. Jarus always say it. you can take a tour to OAU chemical engineering department to confirm. 95% 0f my classmates are demi-Einstein so also are my senior colleague.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by naturalwaves: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
PrinceMario:
Lies....medicine requires hardwork and perseverance, you don't necessarily need to be a genius. The engineering course with the highest rate of diverse genius is chemical engineering. Jarus always say it. you can take a tour to OAU chemical engineering department to confirm. 95% 0f my classmates are demi-Einstein so also are my senior colleague.
So, Jarus is your own yardstick for saying who and who isn't a genius. Infact,electrical/ electronics engineering students are generally better than chemical engineering students. I would even still pick mechanical engineering before chemical engineering students anyday based on my observations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by ceejhay(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
rubii09:
make you go read am.maybe after writing jamb for 10 years you go gree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by yinkard4me(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
double post
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by yinkard4me(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
yinkard4me:
Genius for medicine? naa brah, show me one medicine student dat dont work his head to toe reading/studying in school. am not playing down medicine, buh all they do is read, read and read same thing someone read some 10 years ago... Go to engineering or computer science, u'll meet badass G's there doing unimaginable thangs.
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Evvilgenius: 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
yinkard4me:

Genius for medicine? naa brah, show me
one medicine student dat dont work his
head to toe reading/studying in school.
am not playing down medicine, buh all
they do is read, read and read same thing
someone read some 10 years ago... Go to
engineering or computer science, u'll meet
badass G's there doing unimaginable
thangs.

Heyy bruv, its not all medical students that read like that. I, my humble self dont read anything twice. I read very wide but dont repeat anything (many of my classmates dont believe me tho)...I use most of my time doing many other stuff.

But really, come to unilorin med school and see different categories of geniuses. They are just naturally good...In my class of 99,I know up to 17 people that had 9 A1s in their O' level..our ume cut off was 240 but 80 percentile had greater than 285 and other stuff like that.

There are still some 'normal' guys tho that were even head and all in their secondary schs but have to be with their books for almost 24hrs reading nd reading ... Med sch is just some strange place, just know yourself nd do your thing..Geniuses abound

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 29, 2015
Archeology.
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Manweysabi(m): 12:42am On Mar 29, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
#team_ECONOMICS

Economics should be Number 1 tho....... (Economics graduates can testify)

Yeah... Repping it cheesy
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by swaggzo(m): 1:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Another list again?
Where is seun? ? Do you go shopping everyday? Why your boys make list of very uninteresting items daily is what I still do not understand! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 29, 2015
rubii09:

True that,should be replaced with engineering
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:31am On Mar 29, 2015
rubii09:
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:32am On Mar 29, 2015
PrinceMario:
What about you?
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by constance500: 2:49am On Mar 29, 2015
Where is business administration on the list,

Op review list before I break bottle on your head angry grin
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by AbuMikey(m): 6:31am On Mar 29, 2015
'

There are no geniuses in Medicine and Surgery, only Book worms. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by jejemanito: 6:41am On Mar 29, 2015
constance500:
Where is business administration on the list,

Op review list before I break bottle on your head angry grin
MTCHEW DEM DEY CALL ANIMALS WEY GET HORN SNAIL DEY COME OUT

MY FRIEND SWERVE!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by constance500: 8:22am On Mar 29, 2015
jejemanito:
MTCHEW DEM DEY CALL ANIMALS WEY GET HORN SNAIL DEY COME OUT

MY FRIEND SWERVE!

I no fit follow you argue wetin u know.

grin
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by drered(m): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2015
You guys should quit dishing out lists just cuz you can. What were the parameters used to designate and evaluate this 'geniuses'. Any link to the raw data? Is their even any raw data? What was the sample size? Is the sample size representative of Nigerian students cut across all the courses? What kind of follow up was preformed? Was it retrospective to evaluate the amount of effort they actually do put in? How was their effort quantified?.. At best this guys with their biased minds listed courses that they feel are challenging and assigned values based on hype. Smh. Still a very long way to go.

1 Like

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Sheggun1: 9:55am On Mar 29, 2015
U no get family wey dey study physics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Idyllic: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses by Oyetboy(m): 11:00am On Mar 29, 2015
where's sociology? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State / Nigeria Society Of Engineer Graduate Membership Exam / Houdegbe North American University Not On The List Of Accredited Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.