Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (25922 Views)

If You're Studying Any Of These Courses You Aren't In School - NUC / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Skoopy(m): 10:52am On Feb 14, 2015
For every graduate of engineering, you must have gone through most of the courses I will list below, if not all. This courses are so important that it is near impossible to graduate without having a fair knowledge of them.

1) Thermodynamics : this is the study of heat and temperature in relation to energy and work. The desire to improve on the efficiency of steam engines lead to the development of this course. Terms such as enthalpy, entropy, energy and pressure will be used often in the said course. Thermodynamics have four basic laws, but this cannot be handled here.

2)FLUID MECHANICS : This has to do with the study of fluids (liquids and gases), it is divided broadly into two, FLUID STATICS and FLUID DYNAMICS. With the former taking care of fluids with no sheer stress( ie fluids at rest) and the latter handling fluids in motion. Base on flow, we have compressible and in compressible fluid whose difference lie in their rate of flow with density change. Two most common but very important theories include those of newton's on viscosity and archimedes on floatation. Applications include in aviation sector, shipping / maritime, refineries, production of breweries etc.

3) CALCULUS / ADVANCE CALCULUS : This is an extension of further mathematics, has topics like polynomial, matrices and determinant, integration and differentiation and the most feared of virtually all engineering students Laplace transformation. The application of which cannot be under -estimated.

4) DESIGN/ STRUCTURAL DESIGN/ EQUIPMENT DESIGN/ PROCESS CONTROL.

5) TECHNICAL / ENGINEERING DRAWING. Before any construction/ fabrication work is carried out, it most be properly represented on paper with dimensions.

All engineers on naira land, how many of this courses did you pass through? None engineers who love the profession are also welcome.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Temmi001: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
FTC!!! 2015 thread. Nawa oo.

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by RexioKlasik(m): 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Thermo O Thermo!

7 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Skoopy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
Temmi001:
I'll be back!

Where are you going to?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Miraclestar: 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yeah... Tough courses I would add. There's. Something dat intrigues me tho....the lecturers handling dese courses tends 2b damn wicked.. Case Study, my skul.. Dunno if itz d sem wif oda skuls.

9 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nastydroid(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hmmmmn
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Skoopy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nastydroid:
Hmmmmn

Talk your mind, engineers are learned, no one will crucify you unlike..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by kobenol(m): 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
Let's call that "CALCULUS" ENGINEERING ANALYSIS. It's the all encompassing toolbox for problem solving. Modules include Convolution theory, Second order non-linear differentials, Advanced Matrices (Choleski's & Gaussian) etc.
FLUID MECHANICS Pressure equations from Pascal's law is applied in advanced Hydraulics Engineering to facilitate Pipeline Water Supply Schemes, Open channel drains, canals, Reservoirs, Water Enbankment etc.
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS modules introduces Forces, Stress, Moments of Inertia, Torsion, Shear, Deflection in materials and structures.
ENGINEERING MECHANICS..Magnitudes of forces, Support reactions, Resultants, Vectors, Tension/Compression.
More Later...

25 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mejai(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
so true.... warheads, futo

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by cathyibok(f): 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Miraclestar:
Yeah... Tough courses I would add. There's. Something dat intrigues me tho....the lecturers handling dese courses tends 2b damn wicked.. Case Study, my skul.. Dunno if itz d sem wif oda skuls.
which school?

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
a) Engine Drawing
b) Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
c) Fluid Mechanics
d) Introduction to Engineering Materials
e) Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
f) Workshop Practice
g) Machine Design
i) Entrepreneurship
j) Technical report writing
k) Plant Design
l) Ordinary Differential Equation (ODi Egwu)
m) Engineering Thermodynamic (Thermo Demonic)
n) Engineering Analysis
o) Industrial Studies
p) Engineering Law and Management
q) Strength of Material

.....rep FUTO cool

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Engrpj(m): 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
You no God Created Men, but few of them became Engrs..... Proud to be one... After offering 98 courses cool

Reps Unimaid......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Miraclestar: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
cathyibok:
which school?
AKSU... @Akwa Ibom
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ruggedtimi(m): 1:33am On Feb 15, 2015
All of the above...studyng oil and gas engr
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by cathyibok(f): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2015
Miraclestar:

AKSU... @Akwa Ibom
ok. Maybe all this lecturers taking engineering courses are born that way. Even my Almer mata. Great FUTO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Skoopy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
I rep. Chemical engineering, IMT graduate since.. ..

God knows when undecided

4 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Liebnitz(m): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nice one, I've passed through Calculus...Engineering Mechanics 205 and Engineering thermodynamics...CHE201..OAU...A silly course filled with formulae...but still an "A course"...laplace transformations and fourier series loading.

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Skoopy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Liebnitz:
Nice one, I've passed through Calculus...Engineering Mechanics 205 and Engineering thermodynamics...CHE201..OAU...A silly course filled with formulae...but still an "A course"...laplace transformations and fourier series loading.

How do you see Laplace transformation?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Miraclestar: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
cathyibok:
ok. Maybe all this lecturers taking engineering courses are born that way. Even my Almer mata. Great FUTO.
Born dat way? I'd doubt dat... I'm stil to conclude on d root cause tho... There're still some nice guys too, so wah i do fink is dat maybe d wicked ones wer being wicked to, when they wer also in their school... No

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by cathyibok(f): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
Miraclestar:

Born dat way? I'd doubt dat... I'm stil to conclude on d root cause tho... There're still some nice guys too, so wah i do fink is dat maybe d wicked ones wer being wicked to, when they wer also in their school... No
maybe.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Miraclestar: 12:48am On Feb 16, 2015
cathyibok:
maybe.
Okeii, nw... Time to gimme ur opinion, wahz ur take on d matter
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Chiemeka30: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
I know how hard chemical plant design can be. Some students write theirs for ages while some don't even know how to start
but
that's in the past
check out this chemical engineering plant design

Chemical Plant Design - Production of 4-Hydroxy 2- Butanone by the Dehydrogenation of 2, 4- Hydroxy Butanol
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/chemical-plant-design/

N/B no matter your department www.uniprojectsearch.com has project, thesis, dissertation topics and materials for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by darkhorizon: 1:20am On May 22, 2016
Skoopy:

How do you see Laplace transformation?
Its fucking easy,just get the basic concepts .

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by petsam11(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2016
1, 2, 3 and 5... 4 was (strictly) with regards to my own engineering field...
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by dejavski(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2016
Fourier series, Runge Kutta(that one na die!!!), - advanced calculus
Bernoulli equation, compressible flow
- fluid mechanics
Zeroth, First, 2nd and 3rd law of thermodynamics, carnot cycle, rankine cycle, vapour power cycle, clausius-clapeyron equation..
Power transmission, cams, gears and gear train, governors, gyroscopes- Mechanics of machines
Turbomachinery
Refrigeration cycle
Viscous Flow theory(one of the most difficult courses cry )

Shout out to all Mechanical Engineers in the house!!
#respect

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by wintersnow(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2016
As for we proud geographers...

- elementary surveying

- geographic information system

- advance cartography

- Metrology

- Climatology

- Germophology

- Hydrology

- Biodiversity....
Blah blah...

5 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by adedam007(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2016
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Estimable(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2016
Theory of Structures, proudly Civil Engr

8 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by kentozybee(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2016
Every bleeping one of them
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by domopps(m): 7:05am On May 22, 2016
God bless you Op! Gone are the days #teamcivilengineering Structural Design Building and Technical Drawing all the way!

Cheeeeers

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by balancediet(m): 7:07am On May 22, 2016
God made the world, told engineers to keep. The maintenance. Up. Engineers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Handsome Nigerian, Onuaha Bags A Gold Honor As An INTERN In L.W CHIROPRACTIC,USA / JAMB Official Makes U-turn, Says N36m ‘collected By Superior’ — NOT Snake / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.