Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding (6961 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding by larrymoore(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
LAKE FOREST, IL—Saying he was not the least bit
surprised to see the former member of the
congregation again, pastor James Bower told
reporters Thursday that he always knew agnostic
local resident Chris Parker would come crawling
back to the church to get married. “I believe Chris
stopped attending services when he was about 12
and hasn’t set foot in the church since, but guess
who finally came around? And just months before
the ceremony, no less,” said Bower, adding that
Parker just showed up after 15 years of absence
with hat in hand to reserve the Calvary United
Church and beg the pastor to officiate, exactly how
the Presbyterian minister reportedly predicted it
would happen. “Chris probably thought he’d seen
the last of this place, but now he’s here, right on
schedule, tail between his legs, introducing me to
his fiancée. They always come back, every last one
of them.” Bower confirmed that he does not expect
to see the agnostic for another year or two, but
guaranteed that Parker would eventually be back
on his hands and knees to baptize his baby.

Re: Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 29, 2015
LOL!
This reads like something from ONN.
Re: Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding by larrymoore(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
LOL!
This reads like something from The Onion.

i]Onion[/i] masterpieces:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgwQZd9eDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ
you right!
Re: Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
larrymoore:
you right!

Minus the profanity, it really does read like satire.

Poor Pastor tho. In reality, he's completely misread the situation (and the guy's 'intentions'). He was never "back", only going through the motions.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church / Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad? / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman-day Three-31 Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.