Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,260 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! (899 Views)

Christians, Don't Be So Gullible!!!! / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! by Hope6289(f): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
I'm not against people meeting pastors or going to prayer houses but what I'm against is how Christians become so gullible because they're desperate for answered prayers and fall victims to fake pastors/prophets.

Jesus taught us how to pray before He left the world and He also gave His word in John 14:14 that He answers prayers offered in His name. We should learn to seek God for ourselves, develop a relationship with Him and hear from Him.

My friend was desperate to enter a silly relationship because she was certain that he was her husband because a prophetess said so! I tried warning her cos the guy treats her like trash but she said he's her divine husband. The guy dated someone else eventually after ridiculing her.

While I was looking for a job, my sister out of concern, told a Pastor and he said it was because I mistakenly cursed myself and I should wake up in the night, vomit and spray a particular perfume when next I go for an interview. I was so pissed off and didn't do anything he said. I wasn't going to let anyone take advantage of my unemployed situation, afterall I'm not the only graduate job hunting. I kept praying myself and believing in God.

Please learn to seek God yourself and pray with sincere believers not jumping from one prayer mountain to the other or from one prophet to another. Some of them would just compound your problems and make you believe silly things.
All God needs to answer your prayer is your faith, obedience, patience and persistence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nicely put...

It's dangerous when you hear husbands accusing the wives of witch craft. Or those who set families against each other. That is evil.

1 Like

Re: Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! by Hope6289(f): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
[quote
author=Dimples192 post=32132769]Nicely put...

It's dangerous when you hear husbands accusing the wives of witch craft.
Or those who set families against each other. That is evil. [/quote]
so so true! Thank you
Re: Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! by mafioso47(m): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hope6289:
I'm not against people meeting pastors or going to prayer houses but what I'm against is how Christians become so gullible because they're desperate for answered prayers and fall victims to fake pastors/prophets.

Jesus taught us how to pray before He left the world and He also gave His word in John 14:14 that He answers prayers offered in His name. We should learn to seek God for ourselves, develop a relationship with Him and hear from Him.

My friend was desperate to enter a silly relationship because she was certain that he was her husband because a prophetess said so! I tried warning her cos the guy treats her like trash but she said he's her divine husband. The guy dated someone else eventually after ridiculing her.

When I was looking for a job, my sister out of concern, told a Pastor and he said it was because I mistakenly cursed myself and I should wake up in the night, vomit and spray a particular perfume when next I go for an interview. I was so pissed off and didn't do anything he said. I wasn't going to let anyone take advantage of my unemployed situation, afterall I'm not the only graduate job hunting. I prayed myself and believed in God and He opened a way.

Please learn to seek God yourself and pray with sincere believers not jumping from one prayer mountain to the other or from one prophet to another. Some of them would just compound your problems and make you believe silly things.
All God needs to answer your prayer is your faith, obedience, patience and persistence.
we share like minds. Congrats on ur new Job. Smiles.

1 Like

Re: Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! by Hope6289(f): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
mafioso47:
we share like minds. Congrats on ur new Job. Smiles.

Thank you. Persistent prayers pay off

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Nigerian Pastors / SERMON JOTTERS: What Is Life [MFM Sunday Service] / How The 12 Apostles Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.