Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

How Possible The Election Results Might Be - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Possible The Election Results Might Be (825 Views)

INEC Officer Bleeds From Head As He Announces Election Results In Rivers / Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself / DSS Uncovers Plot To Announce Election Results Before INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible The Election Results Might Be by arthurflex(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
I really wish the average Nigerian will understand that THE LAW is the major determinant of who wins this presidential election. It is not necessarily a product of who gets the highest votes.
To be in Aso Rock from May 29th, 2015; either President Jonathan, General Buhari or other minor candidates needs to get the constitutionally mandated 25% of the votes cast in 2/3rd of our 36 states.
Translating this to simple arithmetic, it means winning 25% of the votes cast in 24 states.
This is where reality comes in, staring at Facebook and Twitter and smiling like BabyBlinks while dancing is a waste of time.
President Jonathan by merit, sentiments or 'our son' factor will win in the South East and South South including Rivers State. In those places, the case of President Jonathan is that of "Monkey dey ugly but him mama love am".
Winning the South East and South South will be a total of 11 states from only two geopolitical zones. By simple logic, every keen political observer knows he will win Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Kebbi, Ekiti, Niger. Ondo, Zamfara and Taraba states and all he will need is to be able to catch 25% of the votes cast in some few other Northern states.

Where General Buhari will win like: Kano, Kastina and other states in the North Eastern and North Western states, the General will smile with over 75% of the votes cast.
But Jonathan will still be able to get 25% of the votes in the Northern States more than General Buhari will be able to do in the South.
And this is the biggest problem.
As much as people want CHANGE; I, 'Arthur Flex' lay no claims to any prophetic abilities, but President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan seems to be going back to Aso Rock. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by domopps(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thanks for the un requested advice!

Cheeeers

2 Likes

Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
Leaked source told be Buhari has just been declared the winner. INEC would officially announce results soon. Sai Buhari.
Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by Themonster: 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Leaked source told be Buhari has just been declared the winner. INEC would officially announce results soon. Sai Buhari.

You mean your leaked boyfriend condoms

Gej till 2019
Gej till Buhari dies of high bp

4 Likes

Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by Vikky014(f): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
leaked source kewhich one is leaked source

2 Likes

Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by AZeD1(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
I wish people like the OP would take time to study the law. To win the presidential election, you must
a) Have the HIGHEST number of votes
b) Win at least 25% in 2/3 of the states plus the FCT.

It doesn't matter if you win 25% in all the states, if you don't win the "majority" nothing for you.

1 Like

Re: How Possible The Election Results Might Be by ephemm(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
AZeD1:
I wish people like the OP would take time to study the law. To win the presidential election, you must
a) Have the HIGHEST number of votes
b) Win at least 25% in 2/3 of the states plus the FCT.

It doesn't matter if you win 25% in all the states, if you don't win the "majority" nothing for you.
My dear, I almost lost my mind o, thought I am in another country, @OP needs some education

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years / APC, Tinubu Apologize To Igbo / Igbos Will Support APC Moment Buhari Is Sworn In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.