Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him (5494 Views)

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima / Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige / GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
rozayx5:

grin grin
buhari will turn nigeria ro dubai in 4 years undecided

That'll be good
Ad if he doesn't I won't be shocked:
It's those expecting much that will be disappointed
Same ten and ten pence
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by tit(f): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2015
rozayx5:

grin grin

ha ha ha ha

buhari will turn Nigeria to japan!
ghana will really have reason to laff naijeria soon.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by vanunu: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
Some people voted for buhari because of the five thousand naira he promised to pay them every month, thereby turning them to alimajiri, something that is totally imposible. These same people will soon turn against their messiah.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by suwailad(f): 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
babyosisi:

FYI I live in the USA and have done so the past 20 years
It won't cost me even one cone of ice cream whoever you elect
Na visit I dey visit una
The only people I have in Nigeria are my beloved parents and all it will cost are plane tickets and they are hear
Whatever you people get you take
Wont cost me sleep one bit

dont worry i know where you work. I'll send a little APC package to assuage your needs, as i have learnt you have some to be met

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by manny4life(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2015
babyosisi:

Na visit I dey visit una
The only people I have in Nigeria are my beloved parents and all it will cost are plane tickets and they are hear

Abi... Let the best man win.

It won't affect me in any way.. undecided
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Iaz93: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2015
babyosisi:

Na visit I dey visit una
This is just absurd. grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by mumbasa: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2015
Sahara reporters 6:30AM result declaration of northern states tallied.--- We all know what happened in the north--Nobody , no TV station , no observer. covered the north Card readers were majorly not used 9 year old children with voters card aged 21 voted.

What are we saying, why do we the southerners continue to live in slavery. Up to 50% of registered voters in Anambra state were not accredited.

GOD WE NEED OUR OWN COUNTRY 1.9M in kano is not rigging but reported 1.4M in rivers is rigging.

As far as leadership is concerned, an average northerner will always prefer his brother from the same region even if that brother is mad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2015
rozayx5:

grin grin

He can do that....by getting Nigeria off oil dependency.

Really....we should stop relying on oil....with oil prices dropping the way they are.

The UAE (of which Dubai is a component emirate) does produce oil....they even produce 1 million barrels more than we do. They also have a population of 8million people...which means that the oil money can go around easily....unlike Nigeria with 170million folks (and even the South South has far more people than Dubai).

That is why Nigeria has to get off oil...and become industrial. If GMB gets our power supply working properly....we would have taken a great step in that direction.
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by honeychild(f): 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
babyosisi:

Na visit I dey visit una

you should be ashamed of this outburst. And the days when we automatically envy you guys living 'abroad' are over - with your two jobs, living on welfare as second class citizens, your huge credit card debts (which you max out to come and oppress whenever you visit naija) and your fake facebook pictures- abegi go siddon joor!

I would rather be a queen in my country, work hard to make it a better place than be a second class citizen in another man's.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by nortcentrallord(m): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
OBJ also defeated Buhari in some Northern states in 2003 election.

Point of correction, you meant "rigged" right?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Sweetguy25: 12:52am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Really....we should stop relying on oil....with oil prices dropping the way they are.

The UAE (of which Dubai is a component emirate) does produce oil....they even produce 1 million barrels more than we do. They also have a population of 8million people...which means that the oil money can go around easily....unlike Nigeria with 170million folks (and even the South South has far more people than Dubai).

That is why Nigeria has to get off oil...and become industrial. If GMB gets our power supply working properly....we would have taken a great step in that direction.

You must be high off some cassava stems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by diamondcrownltd(f): 4:21am On Mar 31, 2015
suwailad:

babyosisi how market? chai dont tell me, market bad well well

I am selling very well as long as you Nigerian girls want to bleach I am making huge profits everyday
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by diamondcrownltd(f): 4:30am On Mar 31, 2015
honeychild:

you should be ashamed of this outburst. And the days when we automatically envy you guys living 'abroad' are over - with your two jobs, living on welfare as second class citizens, your huge credit card debts (which you max out to come and oppress whenever you visit naija) and your fake facebook pictures- abegi go siddon joor!

I would rather be a queen in my country, work hard to make it a better place than be a second class citizen in another man's.

Thank you for this answer my brother.....self imposed slavery in UK and usa

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by BlackGirlsCode: 4:38am On Mar 31, 2015
manny4life:

Berem, where in my post did I state that GEJ is winning. I said "IF" GEJ wins... Haba undecided

Btw, Gbagbo is not GEJ because GEJ has other allies that hate the US/UK as well. An attempt on GEJ's life will definitely be the breaking point of Nigeria's unity. You and I know this very well.

Which allies?

Are you talking about Russia/China? Lmao! You think they'd waste resources to fight for Niger-area?

Or are you talking about African countries that are easily bought? Where was Nigeria when Bin Gbagbo was targeted by the western world? Where was Zimbabwe? Where was Bostwana?

Which allies abeg?
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 31, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You must be high off some cassava stems.

On a more serious note....we do have to get off oil...and develop an industrial economy.

Infact....that is what I would be judging Buhari-Osibanjo on......their ability to develop such an economy.

In a world where oil prices are dropping like leaves from a dying tree.....we have to seek alternatives. And the old model of selling resources to the West does not work anymore. Either science renders our raw materials obsolete.....or the price is dropping. We have no choice. Either separate or united....Nigeria must industrialize. Now.

P.S....Four years ago...I read this article....and it changed my thinking about our economy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html?_r=0
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by appini: 6:23am On Mar 31, 2015
jusRadical:

This is the plain truth.

As far as leadership is concerned, an average northerner will always prefer his brother from the same region even if that brother is mad.

Sule Lamido came to my mind.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Like he did in the 80s when he had NO legislature and 36 semi-autonomous states to deal with, not so grin cheesy
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

Like he did in the 80s when he had NO legislature and 36 semi-autonomous states to deal with, not so grin cheesy

Anyone ruling Nigeria today has to face the fact.....relying on oil is not going to work anymore. Everybody is producing oil.Not like in the good old days when what OPEC said was the law....even in New York.

And if Buhari does not get it...if he still thinks it is 1984(and it isn't).....problems dey.

At least Putin of Russia gets it....

The era of oil is over. If APC does not get it....then they better get out by 2019....so that another party who gets it can take over.
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 6:36am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

On a more serious note....we do have to get off oil...and develop an industrial economy.

Infact....that is what I would be judging Buhari-Osibanjo on......their ability to develop such an economy.

In a world where oil prices are dropping like leaves from a dying tree.....we have to seek alternatives. And the old model of selling resources to the West does not work anymore. Either science renders our raw materials obsolete.....or the price is dropping. We have no choice. Either separate or united....Nigeria must industrialize. Now.

P.S....Four years ago...I read this article....and it changed my thinking about our economy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html?_r=0

And Buhari plus APC have a sterling record of focusing on education that is way better than Jonathan's not so grin cheesy
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 6:39am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Anyone ruling Nigeria today has to face the fact.....relying on oil is not going to work anymore. Everybody is producing oil.Not like in the good old days when what OPEC said was the law....even in New York.

And if Buhari does not get it...if he still thinks it is 1984(and it isn't).....problems dey.

At least Putin of Russia gets it....

The era of oil is over. If APC does not get it....then they better get out by 2019....so that another party who gets it can take over.

What does Putin get?

What proves that he got anything?

I wish you luck in 2019 IF you have to get Buhari and APC out.
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

And Buhari plus APC have a sterling record of focusing on education that is way better than Jonathan's not so grin cheesy

Yo....this PDP loss is really changing yer mood smiley.

On a more serious note....as I told you earlier....APC might not be the change we need.

But...if they want to be serious...they are gonna make some changes. And they should in my opinion....spend more on Technical education,Power and railways. And be bold and get rid of the subsidy. And of course...focus on education....not just by renovating schools, but by changing the way teachers are trained and taught.

I may be dreaming....but then again, who said one cannot make things happen in a democracy.(That's the beauty of it!).

APC better get a good policy down. Not the good old ''I will build roads'' tale.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 6:45am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yo....this PDP loss is really changing yer mood smiley.

On a more serious note....as I told you earlier....APC might not be the change we need.

But...if they want to be serious...they are gonna make some changes. And they should in my opinion....spend more on Technical education,Power and railways. And be bold and get rid of the subsidy. And of course...focus on education....not just by renovating schools, but by changing the way teachers are trained and taught.

I may be dreaming....but then again, who said one cannot make things happen in a democracy.(That's the beauty of it!).

APC better get a good policy down. Not the good old ''I will build roads'' tale.

Most of us do not realise the country is skewed to the north for political power with its 19 states and bogus population.

I will be here to remind us of the choice we made IF Buhari wins. The now hidden deception won't take long to be manifest!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

What does Putin get?

What proves that he got anything?

I wish you luck in 2019 IF you have to get Buhari and APC out.

Well....Putin spent the first 30 minutes of a recent press conference lamenting that he did not get russia off oil.

All the oil producers are suffering. Even Saudi...they are just benefiting from their low population for now.

As for APC and 2019....if APC do not perform...and they remain in power beyond 2019...then that is the fault of the opposition. The opposition could not get PDP out in 2003, 07 and 11....because they were disunited. Now they have been united. It is up to you PDP guys to get united...and to make your governors surpass guys like the high performing Senator Akpabio.....and even surpass all those new APC guys so that we can get better.

Who said democracy na walk in park. After all....it took GMB 4 times to get to the top. I'll say this for the old man...he was patient. Nigerians unfortunately like instanta.....

And another thing....the North wins because they can and do make alliances with ''infidels''. How about the South? Instead of bridge building...we had accusations upon accusations. Not good for business.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

Most of us do not realise the country is skewed to the north for political power with its 19 states and bogus population.

That's irrelevant. Besides...you PDP guys lost middle belt states you should not have lost. Like Benue for crying out loud,and Kogi and even Adamawa!

Didn't OBJ take on the same North in 2003....and win? Did he not get votes in the North then? If the South wants to win agian...we need bridge builders and patient guys.

(But...for me...it ain't about the South vs North...but performance....but that's another issue.)

Yep...the North has us outnumbered.(I believe that Nigeria has problematic censuses...but them Northerners do have lots of kids...personal experience working there.).

I will be here to remind us of the choice we made IF Buhari wins. The now hidden deception won't take long to be manifest!

I daresay Buhari would be a disappointment (that's why I don't support him in the first place..all of his supporters appeared to be too nostalgia-driven for my liking.)...but if he is one...that is where you opposition guys come in with the bridge building and stuff. Not every Northerner loves Buhari.And democracy is not Easy Street.
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Moblord(m): 6:58am On Mar 31, 2015
without the collaboration from the southwest they wouldn't have beat him
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 31, 2015
Moblord:
without the collaboration from the southwest they wouldn't have beat him

Yes...and that is why the North and people like OBJ win elections.....alliances.Even with chaps that you do not like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 7:05am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

That's irrelevant. Besides...you PDP guys lost middle belt states you should not have lost. Like Benue for crying out loud,and Kogi and even Adamawa!

Didn't OBJ take on the same North in 2003....and win? Did he not get votes in the North then? If the South wants to win agian...we need bridge builders and patient guys.

(But...for me...it ain't about the South vs North...but performance....but that's another issue.)

Yep...the North has us outnumbered.(I believe that Nigeria has problematic censuses...but them Northerners do have lots of kids...personal experience working there.).

I daresay Buhari would be a disappointment (that's why I don't support him in the first place..all of his supporters appeared to be too nostalgia-driven for my liking.)...but if he is one...that is where you opposition guys come in with the bridge building and stuff. Not every Northerner loves Buhari.And democracy is not Easy Street.

I supported and still support Jonathan because his performance in five years is way BETTER by far than Buhari plus the best of APC as I have shown here recently. I expect Jonathan to win but IF Buhari wins I expect another Abacha experience that will teach us clearly.

If you did not support Jonathan you AUTOMATICALLY support Buhari and whatever he brings along as this was a two-horse race!

As for OBJ's win in 1999 & 2003 put that down to rigging as we still have in the NE and NW while Jonathan's greater democratic credentials allowed fairer elections in the NC and SW.

As for me and 'opposition' you must assume I am with PDP, right? You can check my posts on Fashola against Tinubu, 2009-2010. I go with the better of my options and Jonathan plus PDP are that for now.

Interesting times ahead overall.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 31, 2015
manny4life:

That's not how to look at statistics...

70,000 of 3/4 million in the east is way better than 100,000 of 6/9 million in the north. You sef check am na... The north HATED GEJ.
yes we hate him and have very good intelligable reasons to do so. We have formed a very credible and strong alliance that has ensured his defeat. Before the end of today there shall be weeping and wailing in your part of the country
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

I supported and still support Jonathan because his performance in five years is way BETTER by far than Buhari plus the best of APC as I have shown here recently. I expect Jonathan to win but IF Buhari wins I expect another Abacha experience that will teach us clearly.

If you did not support Jonathan you AUTOMATICALLY support Buhari and whatever he brings along as this was a two-horse race!

As for OBJ's win in 1999 & 2003 put that down to rigging as we still have in the NE and NW while Jonathan's greater democratic credentials allowed fairer elections in the NC and SW.

Interesting times ahead overall.

Interesting times.
Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2015
babyosisi:

Na visit I dey visit una

Then shut the fuccck up...... I hate when immigrants like you make such asinine comments.....
The least you can do is to wish your fellow Nigerians the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by anonimi: 7:17am On Mar 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well....Putin spent the first 30 minutes of a recent press conference lamenting that he did not get russia off oil.

Putin knows how to TALK, no more no less.

He has been in power solidly for almost 20 years, he is NOW lamenting- that is not same as getting anything!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2015
anonimi:

Putin knows how to TALK, no more no less.

He has been in power solidly for almost 20 years, he is NOW lamenting- that is not same as getting anything!

But he is getting there.The Saudis are busy saying ''All is well''(One Saudi minister even said on CNBC that oil prices will rise again. I just laughed). Venezuela is just running around borrowing money.

I have high hopes for Russia. They have a industrial sector....that just needs some brushing up.

The era of high oil prices is over. Any Nigerian leader who does not get it now...better get it.

Before we wake up and find that Christine Lagarde has taken over the running of our economy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#endsars : ABA Youths Arm Themselves Against Military Personnels [Live Video] / Does Your State Have Enough Judges? / Naira Redesign: You Have 12 Hours Left To Deposit Your Old Note..(CBN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.