Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

NBC Sanctions AIT And Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Sanctions AIT And Others (1323 Views)

Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up / APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by DaBullIT(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2015
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has sanctioned over 18 media organisations operating in the country for breaches in political advertorials in the build up to the general elections.

The broadcast regulatory Commission wielded the big stick just as the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC) was releasing the result of the Presidential and National Assembly elections in trickles on Monday in Abuja.

Director/Head, Public Affairs of NBC, Awwalu Salihu, who made the disclosure in a statement made available to journalists, indicted prominent broadcast stations such as the [b]Nigerian Television Authority(NTA),African Independent Television(AIT),Nigerian Info [/b]amongst others, to have breached the sensibilities rules as well as the 24-hours advert prohibition rules outlined by the Commission.

NBC was particularly displeased with the breaches of the rules on the broadcast of sponsored electoral campaign materials which must conform to the standards of truth, decency and good taste and requiring the sponsor to be clearly identified.

“The National Broadcasting Commission has released the list of broadcasting stations that contravened the provisions of the Nigerian Broadcasting Code starting from the beginning of the electioneering campaigns up till the election weekend.

“Some of these breaches included the airing of campaign materials or programmes that promoted political parties or candidates within the 24-hour prohibition period as well as unauthorised networking by a group of stations, “Salihu stated.

Meanwhile, a breakdown of the affected stations showed that the NTA breached the sensibilities rules, also NTA and AIT breached the rules on airing sponsored materials, while Rima Radio Sokoto and BSES Ekiti were sanctioned for denial of access.

According to Salihu,16 stations nationwide breached the rule for advertising or promoting a political party after campaigns had stopped 24-hours to election times while four stations namely Liberty TV, Liberty FM, Karama FM and Alheri FM all based in Kaduna breached the illegal networking rules.

I HOPE THEY STILL HAVE ENOUGH LEFT TO FIGHT A COURT CASE
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by missbehave247(m): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2015
AIT disturbing since 1685
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by vedaxcool(m): 7:52am On Mar 31, 2015
I HOPE THEY STILL HAVE ENOUGH LEFT TO FIGHT A COURT CASE

Shagay AIT, NBC is alreagy PORTING To CHANGI
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by Babacele: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2015
vedaxcool:

Shagay AIT, NBC is alreagy PORTING To CHANGI
too late NBC cos you can now read the writing on the wall. after May 29, a lot of unprofessionalisms are going to be CHANGED!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2015
They all acting now cos they sense change in power
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by DaBullIT(m): 8:16am On Mar 31, 2015
Which is why i want to ask, Why do people allow themselves to be used , It was fun, and they were paid , and they were being loyal, But blind loyalty and being blinded by money to do evil always has its consequences

That being said , In the spirit of sportsmanship, I want to call on PDP cyber armies and the e-rats , we'll still call you that grin , those i insulted, those i argued with , those who didn't share my view , those paid to convert, those threatened ,

[center] LET THERE BE PEACE, AND COME BACK ONLINE , WE MISS YOU ALL
[/center]

[quote author=Ifeann post=32167071]
[quote author=hani2348 post=32167071]
[quote author=dapojaja post=32167071]
[quote author=LRNZH post=32167071]
LRNZH
[quote author=dabullit post=32167071]
barcanista
GboyegaD
SeverusSnape
1610greg
uzoexcel
Ilekokonit
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by uzoexcel(m): 8:21am On Mar 31, 2015
why dd u quote my name??v i ever discussed politics with u?>
DaBullIT:
Which is why i want to ask, Why do people allow themselves to be used , It was fun, and they were paid , and they were being loyal, But blind loyalty and being blinded by money to do evil always has its consequences

That being said , In the spirit of sportsmanship, I want to call on PDP cyber armies and the e-rats , we'll still call you that grin , those i insulted, those i argued with , those who didn't share my view , those paid to convert, those threatened ,

[/center]

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by Deiok(m): 8:33am On Mar 31, 2015
SMH for Ait.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by BabaEleko(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2015
Lmao PDP dont have use for them anymore, na to zap them off all the money wey den pay them for propaganda. grin
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2015
Can NBC claim that for the over one month period that AIT and NTA were attacking Buhari, Tinubu and APC, it's not aware?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by alaoeri: 8:55am On Mar 31, 2015
Sanity will return to NTA because they are acting base on orders from above as for AIT, Dokpesi has got more than enough from campaign funds to bail himself out & deal with the court cases awaiting him. cheesy
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by vedaxcool(m): 10:41am On Mar 31, 2015
Babacele:
too late NBC cos you can now read the writing on the wall. after May 29, a lot of unprofessionalisms are going to be CHANGED!

True talk sha
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by Ifeann(f): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

[/center]

why did u quote me... my only topic in the political section was in criticism of patience jonathan.

pdp is as bad as apc.. birds of the same feather. .only jobless nigerians have time to promote either party on the internet.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by DoTheNeedful: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2015
You just deemed it fit to sanction them now abi undecided. Very spontaneous of you especially when the major victim GMB is leading the presidential results. I hope to one day before I die see a country in Nigeria where institutions will be stronger than personalities
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT And Others by SeverusSnape(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

[/center]

Bros, I dey. I'm listening to the results.

(1) (Reply)

APC To Approve Buhari Ministerial List, Read How Members Of Сabinet Will Emerge / Breaking New!!! Epidemic Outbreak In Ondo State / TVC Commited Worse Than Ait..jonathan Will Be Remembered For 'press Freedom'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.