Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? (32964 Views)

APC To Wike: Explain The N700m Poll Bribery Scam / Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? / Explain The Source Of Your Terrorists Tapes; PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by koligs: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
K
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by lordsharks(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
buhari
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by pharmow: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari has won already unless Jonathan get votes from Cameroun, Niger or Chad grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Skywalker5(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
jokers coming out with theories
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
There are six geopolitical zones: SS, SE, SW, NC, NE, NW

SE has six states with them and Buhari didn't have any 25% vote
SS has six states
SW has six states and Buhari had 25% in all the six
NC has six states and Buhari has 25% in all of them
NE 6 states and Buhari has 25% in all of them
NW has 6 states and has 25% in all of them.

So, leaving out SS and SE, BUHARI has 25% in all the other 24 states + Abuja. So, CHANGE IS INEVITABLE. SAI BABA!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Iceking1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Sai
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Jasi7(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
I hope this holds up...
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by cirmuell(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015

1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Illiteracy is bad.

25% in two third of the 36 states

That's what the constitution says not the crap up there !

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by maylisa(f): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tor we don hear
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by RichDad1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Propaganda
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Shieldjnr: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
sai baba
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by eppysold(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Which one be this again....

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
I knew this will happen.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Kazrem(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
koife:
Trending online now as we speak in the likelihood for this election to go into run off esp with the 25% and popular vote concept....I seem to get it all mixed up. Can someone pls help give me in depth explanation?
It's not 1/3 of where Jonathan won but of the 36 States which is 24 states.
Tell that mumu that posted that thing to go back and read constitution very well and understand simple English
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
thank God this 1/3 issue came up. I no just fit explain.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Beamborla(f): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Taking a TECHNICAL look at the events so far, APC already fulfilled that requirement.
Thank God this 1/3 issue came up. I no just fit explain.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by phollybee(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Victory atlast
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by drsteroid(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
Revolution:

In addition to winning the majority of the votes, the winner must win 25% of the votes in 24 states (i.e. 2/3 of 36 states). Buhari won the popular votes and achieved 25% of votes in 26 states, therefore, he is elected President and Commander-in-Chief
gbam!! Neva again will a clueless and corruption friendly president rule nigeria again.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by premiumICT(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
The same confusion that has befallen me since the announcement of dis whole result began...
Can INEC just kill dis suspense and declare someone a winner?
I don't care about the 25% bruhaha...
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
He got the 25% already, so why not channel the energy you used in typing this shit to congratulate the New president Gen.Muhammad Buhari wink
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
Revolution:

In addition to winning the majority of the votes, the winner must win 25% of the votes in 24 states (i.e. 2/3 of 36 states). Buhari won the popular votes and achieved 25% of votes in 26 states, therefore, he is elected President and Commander-in-Chief

Give this Guy a medal...gbam!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by kristisking(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
I sense Yar'adua saga playing out here.Even aboki truck pushers refuse to work,forming groups chanting sai Buhari as if Buhari will put food on their tables.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Gabrielwilliams(m): 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
25% ke? Which way na? All this pdp fanatics with their cray maths. Please o,dont give us headache. The result is clear.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by Bankz1996(m): 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
hard work and determination finally paying off, if he could do it after many tries then u can wink
#Sai Buhari

A thousand likes for my General joor!
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by CaptainAmerica1: 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
Fayose has congratulated Buhari!

What else?
Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by BronzeMan: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
It will perhaps help you understand the spirit and principle of the rule first.

WHY HAVE THE 25% PROVISION?
In a country as diverse as Nigeria, this policy was put in place to ensure that any leader that is elected enjoys the mandate and support of a large part of Nigeria.

Basically, it is insufficient to have a large number of votes from one part of the country. For example, even if I won 100 million votes from Kano state alone, I would still need to demonstrate that I have support from the rest of Nigeria in addition to the large votes I got from Kano.

I would need to get at least 25% of the vote in 2/3rd of the states in Nigeria.

Nigeria has 36 states today, so I would have to get 25% of the votes in 24 states.

NOTE that I don't need to win the 24 states. I just need to get 25%.

So, to recap, to win the presidency in Nigeria, I need

1. A simple majority of the vote which I could get from a small section of the country (or even one state)

ALSO

2. Demonstrate I have support in a large part of the country by showing that at least 25% of voters in at least each of 24 states supports my candidacy.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by GogetterMD(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
Clear enough now?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by thefakestan: 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2015
He cleared it because the situation favours the north

The South -South, And South east states combine is not enough to push for a rerun because its just 11 states.

Plus the APC guys did their home work properly,

I think May 29th is too far,

I'ld love to see how
1N = 1$

Or How he'll stabilise crude oil prices.

The Northerners have been in every democratic government so far.

Atiku -VP
Yaradua-President
Namadi Sambo -VP
Now Buhari -President?

Much for the one Nigeria we claim.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by caprini1: 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2015
I doff my hat for Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by cirmuell(m): 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2015
bastien:
Buhari u are a clueless old fool

I never start ooh, na so ur APC e-thugs do jona
it is allowed. grin na you go tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar At Eid Prayer In Minna / Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. / Enugu Train Station Revived By President Jonathan (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.