Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone (1454 Views)

Problem Solved.easy Way To Activate Whatsapp Calling Feature / Whatsapp Calling Feature Is Cool / Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by fortech91(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
You must have heard about the voice-calling feature being added to popular messaging app, WhatsApp. Until now, only those who received the invite calls from other users or those who applied some “hacks” were able to activate this long-awaited feature. Now, every user can have this WhatsApp Calling without needing to receive call first or “hacking” his or her phone. All you need to do is to update to the latest version 2.12.19 of WhatsApp. You can download it from Google Play Store or WhatsApp’s website.

Once you install and launch the app, you will see three tabs, CALLS, CHATS and CONTACTS. All your recent calls will be found in the CALLS tab and your normal chat messages will be in the CHATS tab while the CONTACTS tab contains all your WhatsApp contacts from where you can select any contact to call or chat.

Source: http://www.androidgist.com/whatsapp-calling-feature-now-available-to-everyone

Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by Aeman(m): 11:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
Can dis work on bb?
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by fortech91(m): 5:50am On Apr 01, 2015
Aeman:
Can dis work on bb?

For now its available for Android
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by chineduace(m): 7:09am On Apr 01, 2015
fortech91:

For now its available for Android
this is not an android thing.
I use a q10 and last night I saw it on my phone without any update.
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by fortech91(m): 7:41am On Apr 01, 2015
chineduace:
this is not an android thing.
I use a q10 and last night I saw it on my phone without any update.

That means they have updated the bb app with the feature , so for other platforms you have to update to the latest version to see if the feature has been added. But I know is not available for iPhone users for now.
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by obi4eze(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2015
What are the charges like?
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by Ubty: 11:58am On Apr 01, 2015
good move
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by jworos(m): 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
obi4eze:
What are the charges like?
Depends on ur data.. .
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by anytaij: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yes is working on my Q10 i used it dis morning to call peo .
Aeman:
Can dis work on bb?
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by Adefaze(m): 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
I've activated it already but anytime i call it just
ring ring..without reaching d recipient
Re: Whatsapp Calling Feature Now Available To Everyone by timbros(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Adefaze:
I've activated it already but anytime i call it just
ring ring..without reaching d recipient

It means your recipient have not updated yet. It happened to me too. When mine got updated, I tried calling wifey but it kept ringing and nothing was showing in hers (I was with both of the phones) but as soon as I updated hers, the call went through. And even my initial calls appeared as missed calls.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Mtn Annoying(spam) Messages / Pls, Suggest A Good Android Phone Between 12000-15000 For Me / Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.