Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC (94576 Views)

Jonathan Lost The 2015 Presidential Elections Because Of The South East / Breaking News. Arsene Wenger Blames GEJ For Bayern Lost. BBC Hausa / Is Comedian I Go Dye A Prophet? Is Joke Came To Pass....jonathan Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Vyntra(m): 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2015
okonjo iweala or warever she and er head gear will be flung out of aso rock she wreck d economy way 2 much she s an agent of imf sent 2 destabilize Nigeria economy so dat naija go borrow until u.s turn us into a modern day slavery she was of course aided by bulgy eye Allison under her ministry more money from oil&gas has enter drain more than any administration Mrs chai! also did nt help with mediocre statements also her 1st lady office was an Avenue for money laundering with unnecessary traveling display her pidgin talent on her tour ffk hmm in one word "parrot"

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Erickthewreck: 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
6: Patience Jonathan
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by andyanders: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jonathan lost because he has failed to restore LIGHT.PHCN is just established to extort money from innocent citizens.I believe with this change, we can now see light, probe those who has turned Nigerian citizens in an ATM for PHCN.

PHCN who has turned Nigerians as their ATM vending mechines without giving light will now change.

This is the change we need.

Okonjo Iweala and Deziani should come and explain to us what they did with Nigeria money.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
eleojo23:
GEJ deserves credit for conducting two credible elections.
That cannot be taken from him.

So true my brother. the man has set a path for credible election

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2015
I so much agree with 3 and 5
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by billyG(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
I remember FR.mbaka...a bird that refuse to fly...only d deaf fail 2 listen...wher are all those fake pastors & prophets who recieve bribe frm jona & de yan akpata,wher are d witches & wizards,wher is moneylover that has d key 2 d gate of hell they shld hide dia head in shame & repent.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by andyanders: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
I respect Jonathan for the courage he made by coming up to now congratulate Buhari. He has shown that he has been mislead by those that surrounded him.In the next two hours, all of them will not come close to him again.All politicians in Nigeria are political pro-----stitutes
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by olubori1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
pdp said they will rule for 60 yrs, tinkin d presidency is dier birthrite. Frm dis result, it is clear dat any government dat is insensitive to d plight of d masses will be voted out, be it pdp or apc.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Necsy: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
kwencypresh:

buhari shud try his best not disappointment d people dat sacrificed their time n lives to him
Begging hm 4 wat now? U tink are in d nigeria of yesterday? 4yrs na only 4 christmas o. Hm do anyhw, hm go c anyhw nw. Abi no more PVC?
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
yeah i think you have sold me on the idea. i shall do a one off drinking and getting tipsy tonight grin

Hahaha, don't get over board , you know you receive mysteries all the time, when you are tipsy and you have Angelic visit, they might see you tipsy and wont be able to deliver there message...... cool
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
Some are calling GEJS defeat a disgrace. Some say he destroyed the pdp. And I say they are ignorant of Nigeria's configuration and political history.
As far as Nigeria is concerned, the north will continue to determine who governs Nigeria. Ask Obasanjo and he will tell you that Alliance For Democracy (AD) was the dominant party in yoruba land when he became president under PDPs umbrella. It was the North that made him president. But for GEJs inroad to the NorthCentral in 2011, he wouldn't have been president. The same north that brought the PdP to power in 1999 is the north that has brought APC to power in 2015. And fact is that apart from those who have reasons why they didn't want GEJ and the PdP, if General Sani Abacha resurrects to contest elections against a southerner, he will still get the kind of massive support and votes buhari got from the north. It's not just at the federal level. In Kogi, the Igala's of Kogi East determines who becomes governor of that state and they have remained in power like forever. In kaduna, the people of northern kaduna determines who governs that state and the same luck that made Goodluck Jonathan president is what made Late Patrick Yakowa, the first governor from southern Kaduna after Namadi sambo was picked as Vice President by GEJ. In Benue, the Tivs determines who becomes governor and that's is why the idoma's are clamoring for Gurara state. In Borno, if you are not kanuri, I doubt if you can be LG chairman. I can go on and on. So as much as majority of NIGERIANS wanted change, it will be ignoble to vilify GEJ for PDPs fall.
The Igbo's did very well supporting GEJ and the Niger-Deltans owe them a lot. As long as we remain one Nigeria, they will be supported likewise whenever the need arises. But they will still need the north just as this years elections have shown.

Be That as it may, I still love you Jonathan. You have taught me another class of humility, how to smile in the face of challenges and opposition, how to be a winner, how to rise from grass to grace, how to be a Goodluck charm, how to be calm in the eye of the storm, how not to give up because you never did, how to accept criticism, how to smile with even with the enemy, how not to allow your background determine your future, How to accept defeat no matter how Painful and many more.

4 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Necsy: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
kwencypresh:

buhari shud try his best not disappointment d people dat sacrificed their time n lives to him
Begging hm 4 wat now? U tink we are in d nigeria of yesterday? 4yrs na only 4 christmas o. Hm do anyhw, hm go c anyhw nw. Abi no more PVC?
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Vyntra:
okonjo iweala or warever she and er head gear will be flung out of aso rock she wreck d economy way 2 much she s an agent of imf sent 2 destabilize Nigeria economy so dat naija go borrow until u.s turn us into a modern day slavery she was of course aided by bulgy eye Allison under her ministry more money from oil&gas has enter drain more than any administration Mrs chai! also did nt help with mediocre statements also her 1st lady office was an Avenue for money laundering with unnecessary traveling display her pidgin talent on her tour ffk hmm in one word "parrot"

True, she was co-ordinating naija economy to doom with her yeye IMF policies.....make dem jail her abeg angry angry
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by seighapaul(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
dechandel:
angry angry angry angry
Jonathan was moving with the wrong people cry cry

This is the sum total of all reasons why Jonathan lost.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by speener(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
Nigerians like me didn't vote for Buhari because we think he is the messiah that will end Nigeria problem. Buhari won because most people are tired of pdp 16 years rule and Buhari was the only credible option for change in power.
yes, That's about it, the PDP were dancing and partying with the people's money and rubbing it in their face, and they over did it. They partied for too long, daring the consequences. People were suffering, dying and they decided to do nothing about it.
Your celebrity president Goodluck was busy laughing all the time, his wife acting nollywood movie with people's kidnapped daughters. God will never forgive them for all the lives lost in this country and the suffering of the masses. I am from bayelsa, but Goodluck is a big disappointment!
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by olayinkaj2(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
When we were telling them, the would never listen. mama peace was dancing shoki in her rallies.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by frankyychiji(f): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
SORROUNDED BY TOO MANY KLEPTOCRATS

HE DOES NOT HAVE A SERIOUS DEMEANOR ABOUT HIMSELF

LOOKS LIKE A PUSHOVER
Does Buhari have that? Tinubu is watching you closely so answer me carefully.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by mindtricks: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
Krak:
Nigerians are so used to the idea that an incumbent should win presidential elections that President Goodluck Jonathan's failure to beat Gen Muhammadu Buhari needs some explaining. Here are five reasons why the opposition won:

1: Harder to rig
Past elections have been marred by serious irregularities and suspicions of rigging. In 2007 observers said the presidential poll was not "credible". In 2011 the vote was considered to be better run but observers said that rigging and fraud still took place.
This time the electoral commission took more steps to prevent rigging, including new biometric voters cards.
Also President Jonathan's party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP), had lost control of some key states which meant it could not control the electoral process there.

2: Boko Haram and security

The Nigerian army has made some recent gains against Boko Haram, but not enough to convince Nigerians
The election took place against the background of an Islamist insurgency in the north-east of the country. The Boko Haram militant group has killed 20,000 people and forced some three million others from their homes and President Jonathan was criticised for not getting to grips with this.
The poll was delayed for six weeks to give time for the security situation to improve, but even though most areas controlled by Boko Haram were recaptured, it seems to have come too late for many people.

3: United opposition, crumbling PDP

The extra six weeks of vigorous campaigning by the PDP was not enough to halt the slide in the party's fortunes
The PDP has been described as an election-winning machine. When it was created it united a northern elite with leading politicians from the south, but that alliance has broken up and the party lost some key figures. Even former President Olusegun Obasanjo came out against Mr Jonathan.
At the same time, the opposition managed to unite under the All Progressives Congress (APC) banner. The last six weeks of desperate and dirty campaigning, in which the APC responded in kind, was not enough to turn the tide.

4: Economy

Nigeria's economy is growing but the wealth is not being spread around
Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer and its largest economy, but many fail to feel the benefits with nearly half the population living below the poverty line. Continued corruption is seen as partly being to blame.
National income is due to grow by more than 5% this year and next year, but people did not seem in the mood to thank Mr Jonathan for this.

5: Time for a change

APC supporters chanted "change" wherever they went and it seems to have caught the mood. The PDP has been in power since the end of military rule in 1999, and 2015 is the year that Nigerians decided that someone else should have a go at sorting things out.

President-elect Buhari now has to prove he really can change things.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32136295

Op, I dont seem to get all this, but one thing seem to make sense to me: President-elect Buhari now has to prove he really can change things.

In all the hullaballo, let's wait and see.

. . . story continues, watch out for the next episode. . .

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by frankyychiji(f): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
popemech:
Wer are GEJ fans
Right here.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by sukkot: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
frankyychiji:
Does Buhari have that? Tinubu is watching you closely so answer me carefully.
when buhari mounts up he would have gotten rid of tinubu. the man just used tinubu to port to the presidential realm. now watch the true buhari come out. you see how he has already started telling nigerians not to jubilate because this is not the time for that ?? THAT MAN BUHARI IS NOT SOMEONE YOU WANT TO MESS WITH AND HE HAS NO ALLIES OR FRIENDS. JUST ACQUAINTANCES

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Godsstar: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Whoever win should lead in peace, we Nigerian need change, peace, love.

If u can't handle whatever you meet in ur way giv a chance let another person go ahead.

Welcome back to GEJ.
at least u hav entered in Nigeria historical book.

It is not easy to be a president of Nigeria.

BABA BUHARI go ahead nd lead us Nigeria we really need change if u can giv us change in our country Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.
Alah be with u Baba Buhari.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
when buhari mounts up he would have gotten rid of tinubu. the man just used tinubu to port to the presidential realm. now watch the true buhari come out. you see how he has already started telling nigerians not to jubilate because this is not the time for that ?? THAT MAN BUHARI IS NOT SOMEONE YOU WANT TO MESS WITH AND HE HAS NO ALLIES OR FRIENDS. JUST ACQUAINTANCES

Gbam, there will be shaking, filtering and sieving of so many APC leaders to fall in line with the new change of direction cool
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by sukkot: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
shinejackie:

Gbam, there will be shaking, filtering and sieving of so many APC leaders to fall in line with the new change of direction cool
exactly. FALL IN LINE OR END UP IN KIRIKIRI OR THE FIRING SQUAD grin grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by zingobaby: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Fr Mbaka said so but they neglet him.powerful man of God
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
exactly. FALL IN LINE OR END UP IN KIRIKIRI OR THE FIRING SQUAD grin grin

Gbam! Gbam!! Gbam!!!.........case closed...Kapish....... cool

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by mindtricks: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
torhuke:
Some are calling GEJS defeat a disgrace. Some say he destroyed the pdp. And I say they are ignorant of Nigeria's configuration and political history.
As far as Nigeria is concerned, the north will continue to determine who governs Nigeria. Ask Obasanjo and he will tell you that Alliance For Democracy (AD) was the dominant party in yoruba land when he became president under PDPs umbrella. It was the North that made him president. But for GEJs inroad to the NorthCentral in 2011, he wouldn't have been president. The same north that brought the PdP to power in 1999 is the north that has brought APC to power in 2015. And fact is that apart from those who have reasons why they didn't want GEJ and the PdP, if General Sani Abacha resurrects to contest elections against a southerner, he will still get the kind of massive support and votes buhari got from the north. It's not just at the federal level. In Kogi, the Igala's of Kogi East determines who becomes governor of that state and they have remained in power like forever. In kaduna, the people of northern kaduna determines who governs that state and the same luck that made Goodluck Jonathan president is what made Late Patrick Yakowa, the first governor from southern Kaduna after Namadi sambo was picked as Vice President by GEJ. In Benue, the Tivs determines who becomes governor and that's is why the idoma's are clamoring for Gurara state. In Borno, if you are not kanuri, I doubt if you can be LG chairman. I can go on and on. So as much as majority of NIGERIANS wanted change, it will be ignoble to vilify GEJ for PDPs fall.
The Igbo's did very well supporting GEJ and the Niger-Deltans owe them a lot. As long as we remain one Nigeria, they will be supported likewise whenever the need arises. But they will still need the north just as this years elections have shown.

Be That as it may, I still love you Jonathan. You have taught me another class of humility, how to smile in the face of challenges and opposition, how to be a winner, how to rise from grass to grace, how to be a Goodluck charm, how to be calm in the eye of the storm, how not to give up because you never did, how to accept criticism, how to smile with even with the enemy, how not to allow your background determine your future, How to accept defeat no matter how Painful and many more.

Be that as it may, one of Jona's greatest undoing is his inability to deliver/perform. At least conspicous projects that will appeal in the south west, esp Lagos that could make great impressions would have made a lot of difference.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by sukkot: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
shinejackie:

Gbam! Gbam!! Gbam!!!.........case closed...Kapish....... cool
yeah that nigga buhari aint nothing to mess with. THAT NIGGA IS CRAZY IF YOU FALL IN HIS WRONG SIDE. ASK FELA OR UMARU DIKKO grin grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by juman(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jonathan try o, he gives free and fair election.

Jonathan has the best INEC in the history of this country.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by ukandi1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tattooboy:
GEJ lost because the true Nigerians needed change.
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
yeah that nigga buhari aint nothing to mess with. THAT NIGGA IS CRAZY IS YOU FALL IN HIS WRONG SIDE. ASK FELA OR UMARU DIKKO grin grin

How l wish all the politicians who robbed, stole, con, scam our common wealth from 1999 till March 2015 , both in the APC, PDP and other political parties can be brought to book by Buhari, give them 2options, return all the stolen wealth or go to jail........... angry angry
Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by sukkot: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
shinejackie:

How l wish all the politicians who robbed, stole, con, scam our common wealth from 1999 till March 2015 , both in the APC, PDP and other political parties can be brought to book by Buhari, give them 2options, return all the stolen wealth or go to jail........... angry angry
it may just happen. lets watch and see. like i said, that nigga buhari is CRAZY. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
it may just happen. lets watch and see. like i said, that nigga buhari is CRAZY. grin grin

l would love to see so many political guymen who plundered the wealth of naija in jail or return the stolen loot.......l agree the nigga is damn crazy...fingers crossed, drinking my moet, Hennessy with grilled spicy fish watching as it pawns out.... cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results / Bashir Gwandu, Yusuf Buhari’s Friend In Coma (Photos) / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.