Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion (32590 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness / US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Rilwayne001: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
I dey go church this Sunday. Make Lucifer go siddon one side jare.. Sai Buhari..

hahahahahahahaha grin grin cheesy this^^ dude ehnn
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by niceeric(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2015
omoarole:

He congratulated his opponent on winning the election, thereby averting unnecessary bloodshed and civil unrest. If General Muhammadu Buhari had done the same in 2011, countless needless deaths could have been prevented. That's what President Jonathan did.
I'm proud of him. He has my most reserved respect for a great man. He is indeed a great man.
hmm... this post is really pregnant with a lot of meanings....i like the 2011/2015 elections contrast best though

Good thinking poster!
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by dealslip(f): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Yimu!

It's the fear of ICC that's haunting him.

If he had tried anything different, he would have suffered a worse fate than Gbagbo and Charles Taylor combined.

Respect the actions of the president, who else has shown so much sportsmanship spirit other than this man. At least learn that from him if anything. When it was glaring GMB lost, he still went to court 3 times. This man has more respect for you than you have for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sukkot: 8:31am On Apr 01, 2015
hardbody:

Your analogy is so warped. It tells me you have developmental problems. If you cannot understand this simple fact then i leave you to wallow in your ignorance. I guess you are a true case of where ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise. Have a good afternoon.
nigga shut your low expectation having a55 up man. if a man is defeated he is supposed to concede defeat. whats so hard to understand in that ? you act like he found the cure for cancer. you are viewing things from your demonic mindset because you know deep down in that black heart of yours, if you were him, you will not accept defeat and will fight till someone is killed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by ugwum007(m): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2015
I hope sai Buhari will stop all these policemen begging along the roads. the real beggars are now complaining of bad market

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sukkot: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2015
shinel:
Lagos situations today clearly shows APC supporters are the real thugs, just trying to imagine if PDP had won, will I be able to go to work today? Anyways! We are back again to aboki colonialism, still strongly believe nothing good will come from their Isreal, I will keep watching as things unfold...
aboki is nigerian too. and aboki has black skin too. what is wrong in being colonized by a fellow black man ? anyway the man has an igbo man in ameachi and a yoruba man in osinbajo in his camp so i dont know why your tribal myopic mind is so hurt cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by NaijaFutbol: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

What did Jonathan do? I'm i missing something?

When your name is MrKnowitall, you are bound to miss a lot of things

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by ifeelgood: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2015
holicalpha:
...Good.

God bless my President; Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

A apart of me is happy abt the election results..... You don't what you have until its gone..

Make we go see wetin one abokiii go do.

Shebi him go stabilise oil price huh.?? Watching in 3D.
why not tell someone to help you write, huh?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by chibas: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2015
holicalpha:
...Good.

A apart of me is happy abt the election results..... You don't what you have until its gone..

see painment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nukilia: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2015
I wish every Nairalander could make a deep reflection on their posts in time past
and assess every of the comments they've made.
Lets show love to those who lost the election and those who won.
We all need each other! wink wink wink

#GREAT NAIRALAND FAMILY wink grin
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2015
E
holicalpha:
...Good.

guy u be fani kayode brother even the president knew all he had done was not impressing so he accepted defeat with peace so who are u mehn sorry o grin
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by hardbody: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
nigga shut your low expectation having a55 up man. if a man is defeated he is supposed to concede defeat. whats so hard to understand in that ? you act like he found the cure for cancer. you are viewing things from your demonic mindset because you know deep down in that black heart of yours, if you were him, you will not accept defeat and will fight till someone is killed.

You are dead right. Imp. In his shoes i would have destabilized the country. That is what other leaders have done which is why decent minded folks are congratulating him and you silly wimp is finding difficult to understand. Have you heard that pdp is contemplating challenging the results? But the president already acknowledged the incoming. He is what your father will never be. Ask me why. As a son you resemble your father.....negative IQ.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2015
Pdp NLs be like Apc is only leading with 5hk plus, we will hook dem wen delta comes but sokoto rolled in , mouth close and dey all saw moses riding on his bicycle and Moses come hammer yahoo with borno , what has been happening pdp's , abeg tell us what's happening to u, we need an update ASAP tongue grin
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by oloriqueen(f): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=MrKnowitall post=32224559][b]Lagos — The peaceful election over the weekend reflected on stock market yesterday when it recorded N178billion after going down on Friday.

The equities market closed yesterday on a positive note, as market capitalization appreciated by N178bn from N10.319 trillion it opened to close at N10.497 trillion during the first trading day after election.

Also, the Nigerian Stock Exchange All Share Index appreciated by 527.88 basis points represented 1.73 per cent to close at 31,090.81basis points, compared with the 1.63 per cent appreciation recorded previous Friday.

However, market turnover closes negative as volume declined by 58.75 per cent against 26.94 per cent decline recorded in the previous session. UBA Plc, FBN Holding Plc and Diamond Bank Plc were the most active to boost market turnover. FBN Holdings Plc and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc top market value list.

The NSE Banking Index records 2.76 per cent gain to emerge the most supportive sectoral index among others while the NSE Oil & Gas Index emerged as worst hit to close with 0.24 per cent.

Market breadth closed positive as Fidson Healthcare Plc led 40 gainers against 13 losers topped by Vono Product Plc at the end of the day trading which was an improved performance when compared with previous outlook.

Fidson Healthcare Plc appreciated by 9.12 per cent to close at N3.59 kobo per share, followed by Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc with 7.94 per cent gain to close at N5.44 kobo, while Eternal Plc grew by 7.75 per cent to close at N3.06 kobo per share. Also, Unilever Nigeria Plc rose by 7.24 per cent to close at N42.20 kobo per share and Trans Express Plc gained 6.31 per cent per share to close at N1.18 kobo.

On the other hand, Vono Product Plc depreciated by 48.60 per cent to close at N0.85 kobo per share. Forte Oil Plc followed with 5.01 per cent to close at N213.62 kobo per share while Cadbury Nigeria Plc loss 5.00 per cent to close at N37.27 kobo per share, Pharma Deko Plc with 4.91 per cent loss to close at N2.13 kobo per share and May & Baker Plc with 4.40 per cent loss to close at N1.52 kobo per share.
[/b]

Nigerians r now aware of d activities of APC situation room on nairaland,una weldone
http://allafrica.com/stories/201503311270.]
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by 735i(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2015
ITbomb:

Obasanjo raped our democracy and votes for years with impunity and you did nothing, someone has averted predicted crisis and pushed up confidence in Nigeria ability to handle electoral challenges and you are so blinded by sentiments to see the big picture.

Many wars in Africa started with elections and if Jonathan had wished so, many would have joined him to protect their source of livelihood.

God bless Jonathan
More international services awaits him for his integrity. Abdusalam and Jonathan are currently the foremost statesmen now as far as Africa is concern on the same level with Kofi Annan and Mbeki, Obasanjo is a confirmed tout

Sorry mate… i edited your post to what i elite is appropriate smiley
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2015
For today abeg mention any pdp wey tackle ur comments by quoting u, from my stable abeg were his temitemi1 tongue barcanista tongue grin today is for pull the fun in the Nairaland hood, them no fit do anytin o grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by 989900: 8:46am On Apr 01, 2015
ITbomb:

Obasanjo raped our democracy and votes for years with impunity and you did nothing, someone has averted predicted crisis and pushed up confidence in Nigeria ability to handle electoral challenges and you are so blinded by sentiments to see the big picture.

Many wars in Africa started with elections and if Jonathan had wished so, many would have joined him to protect their source of livelihood.

God bless Jonathan
More international services awaits him for his integrity. Abdusalam and Jonathan are currently the foremost statesmen now as far as Africa is concern on the same level with Kofi Annan and Mbeki, Obasanjo is gradually turning to a tout

Well said, except ret@rds and "the big picture", can't be used together in the same sentence, they simply can't get it!
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sukkot: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2015
hardbody:

You are dead right. Imp. In his shoes i would have destabilized the country. That is what other leaders have done which is why decent minded folks are congratulating him and you silly wimp is finding difficult to understand. Have you heard that pdp is contemplating challenging the results? But the president already acknowledged the incoming. He is what your father will never be. Ask me why. As a son you resemble your father.....negative IQ.
see thats the problem with mentally re-tarded people like you who have never left nigeria. i think buhari needs to create a program where every nigerian must spend at least 2 years in a civilized country and then return to nigeria. then maybe your retar-ded a55 will be up to par mentally with civilization and know how humans are supposed to act. you still have that animal mind. acting all surprised and shocked and in awe that someone admits that they were defeated. thats what you are supposed to do. it should not be celebrated. its like celebrating retardation. but then again you are a re-tard so i see why you celebrate re-tardation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sonssyo: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2015
Richhard:
"CHANGE" don dey happen already!

Am just curious,where are all those Jona supporters? They seems to have disappear with the thin air! Into the woods!

Moral-He who laughs last,laughs best!

am here,so dont fink otherwise,niaja politics is more of religion and tribe , gej is a good man,even wen people wer too blind to see. so wats d chnge in d statistics,u dnt hv any idea of economics,if u do,u wil no dat de so cald change is yet to come.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Teenaira: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2015
Thank you my dear president. I on behave of my family will always be greatful to you. There is something the lawyers calls precedence, it is seen as an ordinary English word but to somebody who understands the law, it means a lot more than the English word connotation. You have put for the first time AFRICA on the map of responsible nations. All through out last week I have being praying fervently that whoever loses this election will save NIGERIA and indeed AFRICA another session of bloodshed. We have had enough of that and we definitely do not need any more. A number of us do not understand the implications of what you did but some of us who remember that you are still the commander in chief of the armed forces do know that if you have decided to go the other way, the consequences is better imagined.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

I will also continue to pray for the incoming president for God's guidance. We have only one country, NIGERIA. I pray it will be great again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

What did Jonathan do? I'm i missing something?

you know it all but you dont know what he did.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Redman44(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2015
8 years is not a long time, Nigerians. President Buhari and his Cabinet should start fulfilling their promises by the end of this year. And Nigerians living abroad should not start returning home because it is not yet UHURU. Nigerians living abroad should not think things will automatically change in Nigeria. Let President Buhari and his team get to work and show what they can do in the first four years, before any Nigerian living outside the country starts to think of returning home. We are all expecting a lot from the Buhari Administration which will commence very soon. Cheers.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by jaybee3(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2015
zionzoe:
Your Father ! That is even if you have one. I am sure you are a bastard. We are making sence you are saying good radiance of rubish? Ok, if your Papa be head of Gatemen self and they voted another Gateman as the Head, with the way your blood boils in your lineage, I know he will not handover. I will watch your life yo see how you have changed in the next four years, because by what you just said by pointing a Finger at a good man, your four other evil fingers are pointing at you. No be curse oooo.......but ee no fit better for you in the next four years,except you retract your statement and aplogise publicly. I rest my Verdict
The difference between me and you is, i've never had to suffer any direct effect of GEJ's inept leadership whilst it's obvious from your gutterish utterances that your otueke god has lobotomised every iota of sense remaining in your knucklehead so much so that your life has remain worthless, stangnant and in turn no point clinging on to hope since your rational skills is also non existent

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by GogetterMD(m): 9:00am On Apr 01, 2015
XRAY21:
as election don finish will you Be an NL for ever Go get your self life idiot
To construct one sentence dey hard you and you think someone need to get a life? Smh4u. I shouldn't even have bothered quoting you sef, cause you can't even get @ my knees even if you jump up and swing
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by furetin20: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2015
Good morning dear subscribers Easter is around the corner and Furetin Data solutions will be running her promo starting from April 1St till April 5Th 1Gb on Etisalat will go down for 1100 and 1Gb for Mtn will go down for #1150 only... that's not all Etisalat 250Mb=#350 500Mb=#600 750Mb=#900 this offer will be valid till April 5Th and it's Furetin's way of rewarding her ardent customers, take Note of the promo and buy as much as you can. Send in your orders now promo valid TILL 5th of April Happy Easter in advance.
Promo prices.
MTN 1GB = #1150
Etisalat 1GB #1100
Etisalat 250Mb #350
Etisalat 500Mb #600
Etisalat 750Mb #900

Whatsapp 08100671967
Bbm 531f106f
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2015
seedorfg:
the wind of change is spreading sporadically

Dem give my bro yankee visa 2day sef, surely good times are here again
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by cirmuell(m): 9:08am On Apr 01, 2015
The Change is happening already, so fast? grincheesy
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by XRAY21(m): 9:10am On Apr 01, 2015
GogetterMD:

To construct one sentence dey hard you and you think someone need to get a life? Smh4u. I shouldn't even have bothered quoting you sef, cause you can't even get @ my knees even if you jump up and swing
sentence or no sentence I have a life ,a business,I pay you type,get out of your parent house and make your self useful to them
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by saintandsinnerz: 9:11am On Apr 01, 2015
jaybee3:

Why don't you just follow him to Otueke for all we care

Good riddance to bad rubbish

A full matured man like you is talking like a kid! I now believe that maturity and common sense is not all about age
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by hardbody: 9:12am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
see thats the problem with mentally re-tarded people like you who have never left nigeria. i think buhari needs to create a program where every nigerian must spend at least 2 years in a civilized country and then return to nigeria. then maybe your retar-ded a55 will be up to par mentally with civilization and know how humans are supposed to act. you still have that animal mind. acting all surprised and shocked and in awe that someone admits that they were defeated. thats what you are supposed to do. it should not be celebrated. its like celebrating retardation. but then again you are a re-tard so i see why you celebrate re-tardation

I did not bother to read the trash you wrote. I was only interested in your nonesense about not travelling out of Nigeria. Some of us are damn to modest to be bragging about that. In case it means anything to you, i audit my company's off shore branch. If you know what that means, you can imagine how often i traverse the ocean. For good measure too, most of our board meetings are rotated around off shore locations where we have our directors. That again should give you an insight. I could probably buy you, your father, family,village and generations dead and the ones in future. So just shut up and admit that you have an arrested development. The fact you are mentally challenged and ferried abroad by contributions made by well meaning nigerians does not qualify you to spew rubbish here. I travel all expenses paid by my employer. Now go back to your bed and await your next injection to the brain. I need to do some work. I am not a patient i am gainfully employed. If you have anything else to type, please address it to your sad father who is slso getting mental considering the huge debt your madness has caused him. Little devil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by saintandsinnerz: 9:13am On Apr 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

mtchwwww...

i am not going to miss him...bye bye,back to otuoke,mr. clueless...

chai..this guy na gpako...

But he is a man that your father will never be
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Gwammen(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2015
Sign of positive beginning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ndic -three Million Nigerians Lost N18bn To Mmm / Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas / 10 Attitudes Displayed By MMM Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.