Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion (32591 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness / US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by jaybee3(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

A full matured man like you is talking like a kid! I now believe that maturity and common sense is not all about age
You expect me to ignore his shortcomings just because he conceded defeat?

Yes we must move forward but we certainly can't do so without having a full recount/analysis of what got us where we are at today!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by dlux: 9:17am On Apr 01, 2015
GogetterMD:
Wohoho! Nigerians are celebrating, PDP is sinking, results are trickling, INEC is announcing, APC is smiling, change is looming, youths are tweeting, facebookers are posting, whatsappers are broadcasting, south- south is rigging, international community is watching, orubebe is raking, obasanjo is warning, Yorubas are progressing, the North is jubilating, igbos are regretting, jonathing is parking, boko haram is relocating, Sure-p is closing, Tan is folding, fani Kayode is purging, Muazu is watching, Asari dokubo is wailing, oritsejafor is crying, patience jonathan is speaking and I am posting.

Meanwhile. .. .
Congratulations! It has been a long and strenuous battle to effect a change dating back days, weeks, months, years for some people! They looked down upon us, mocked us, derided our personalities. But we stood firm stood tall, and never wavered. Now we can go to sleep knowing our lives is secure, knowing we can wake up happy in the morning to reap the fruit of our labour, we can travel abroad without fearing foreign countries mocking us..... God bless GMB, God bless PYO, God bless Asiwaju(small) God bless Nigeria. Onto the future we march #teamGMB
Signed : gogettermd, on behalf of #teamGMB

Nigerians, learn from experience. All that glitters is not Gold. And dude, 'igbos are regretting?' You must be high! Igbos unlike you yorubas & northerners don't have any evil or back-stabing motive. Jona & him people dey call us their brothers? We just did what a big brother will do & that is in the history books. Let it be known that an Ijaw or Niger Delta man ruled Nigeria & didn't take his chances but unlike them that betrayed the igbos before & after the civil war, we gave our support. Abeg, i've got more money to make & help boost 9jas economy. My region is developing. Nobody, not the Yorubas, Hausas or what have you is investing in the east to permit us if we slowly do it our way & employ your yoruba brothers to do menial jobs & abokis to man the gate you asshole!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Mayflowa(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

What did Jonathan do? I'm i missing something?

Yeah you are missing a whole lot. Jonathan could had halted INEC's collation result process while citing malpractices just like Babagida did with 1993 election. Jonathan could have scream partiality and tribalism just as Buhari himself did when he clearly lost the 2011 election. This Jonathan is a president yet he conceded defeat. This is hard for any African politician to admit let alone president. This singular action had spare many lives, property and the economy.

Jonathan is the creator of change. He had set a democratic precedence. He is truly a stateman!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sukkot: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2015
hardbody:

I did not bother to read the trash you wrote. I was only interested in your nonesense about not travelling out of Nigeria. Some of us are damn to modest to be bragging about that. In case it means anything to you, i audit my company's off shore branch. If you know what that means, you can imagine how often i traverse the ocean. For good measure too, most of our board meetings are rotated around off shore locations where we have our directors. That again should give you an insight. I could probably buy you, your father, family,village and generations dead and the ones in future. So just shut up and admit that you have an arrested development. The fact you are mentally challenged and ferried abroad by contributions made by well meaning nigerians does not qualify you to spew rubbish here. I travel all expenses paid by my employer. Now go back to your bed and await your next injection to the brain. I need to do some work. I am not a patient i am gainfully employed. If you have anything else to type, please address it to your sad father who is slso getting mental considering the huge debt your madness has caused him. Little devil.
typical nigerian. bragging about what you dont have. i doubt you are a top level person because top level people do not celebrate mediocrity. you probably sell singlets in oshodi market. get the heck outta here with your lies. you are a re-tard who needs to learn how not to celebrate mediocrity. if a normal human being is defeated, he concedes defeat and keeps it moving. this is how normal humans do it. it is not a feat to be celebrated. hopefully i have taught you a thing or two this morning about self esteem, dignity and what to expect of people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by fabbyluv: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=ifeelgood post=32231360] we don't know what we have until we loose it, he said he is going to arrest corrupt people and erace BH forever, he also mentioned that he will make d naira have value such that 1N=1$, how will all these happen? Magic!
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 01, 2015
omoarole:

He congratulated his opponent on winning the election, thereby averting unnecessary bloodshed and civil unrest. If General Muhammadu Buhari had done the same in 2011, countless needless deaths could have been prevented. That's what President Jonathan did.
I'm proud of him. He has my most reserved respect for a great man. He is indeed a great man.

The PVCs and Card Readers should be thanked too..If not for that accreditation process eh undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Reference(m): 9:32am On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

Hahaha. He didn't 'do or die'. Actually he did nothing really extraordinary as a person or a democrat. I said it years ago. He is not a Nigerian politician by any stretch of the imagination. He is a fine gentleman, a peacemaker and everything a Christian should be. And in my opinion the best President Nigeria has produced till date. A man's achievements will always speak long after he is gone.

I said the man was not desperate to rule and he has proven it. Now it is putting a few coins in peoples pockets. That's how. His net worth is that he has contributed to democracy and the institutions upholding it. I just hope our new leaders can sustain the growth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by saintandsinnerz: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
nigga shut your low expectation having a55 up man. if a man is defeated he is supposed to concede defeat. whats so hard to understand in that ? you act like he found the cure for cancer. you are viewing things from your demonic mindset [b]because you know deep down in that black heart of yours, if you were him, you will not accept defeat and will fight till someone is killed. [/b]

Really you sound unintelligent
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by kumbalo2014: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2015
holicalpha:
...Good.

God bless my President; Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

A apart of me is happy abt the election results..... You don't what you have until its gone..

Make we go see wetin one abokiii go do.

Shebi him go stabilise oil price huh.?? Watching in 3D.

Jonathan didn't hand over, we took it from him! we took it because he is the most clueless and corrupt president after Abacha. Sai Buhari,
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by sukkot: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
hardbody:

I did not bother to read the trash you wrote. I was only interested in your nonesense about not travelling out of Nigeria. Some of us are damn to modest to be bragging about that. In case it means anything to you, i audit my company's off shore branch. If you know what that means, you can imagine how often i traverse the ocean. For good measure too, most of our board meetings are rotated around off shore locations where we have our directors. That again should give you an insight. I could probably buy you, your father, family,village and generations dead and the ones in future. So just shut up and admit that you have an arrested development. The fact you are mentally challenged and ferried abroad by contributions made by well meaning nigerians does not qualify you to spew rubbish here. I travel all expenses paid by my employer. Now go back to your bed and await your next injection to the brain. I need to do some work. I am not a patient i am gainfully employed. If you have anything else to type, please address it to your sad father who is slso getting mental considering the huge debt your madness has caused him. Little devil.
bros i just look your picture. i think say na one stranger i dey fight ni sha. lmao. bros make we call truce o jare. i done forget ya username. from encounters of the past grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by victorazy(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
TRADELYN:
I am not surprised!

I stated it before.

Naa Sanusi killed the NSE, but Jona govt no do anything. undecided

Jona too daft!
Imagine a leader said "I have no enemy" sometimes I wonder where this guy came from, from zoo?
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by dunkem21(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2015
omoarole:

He congratulated his opponent on winning the election, thereby averting unnecessary bloodshed and civil unrest. If General Muhammadu Buhari had done the same in 2011, countless needless deaths could have been prevented. That's what President Jonathan did.
I'm proud of him. He has my most reserved respect for a great man. He is indeed a great man.

All Nigerians are indeed proud of GEJ. That Nigeria is at peace today will be credited to GEJ.

He is my role model, any day.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by dunkem21(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
typical nigerian. bragging about what you dont have. i doubt you are a top level person because top level people do not celebrate mediocrity. you probably sell singlets in oshodi market. get the heck outta here with your lies. you are a re-tard who needs to learn how not to celebrate mediocrity. if a normal human being is defeated, he concedes defeat and keeps it moving. this is how normal humans do it. it is not a feat to be celebrated. hopefully i have taught you a thing or two this morning about self esteem, dignity and what to expect of people.

We will keep teaching them ..though they prefer it the hard way like you have done.

Teach them one or two things about dignity, self esteem, tolerance and public comportment and you would have made Nigeria a better place.

Did you just say top level people doesn't accept mediocrity? You are damn right and probably in the top level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by poiZon: 9:49am On Apr 01, 2015
micrep3030:
Hidden truth that were hidden just to discredit Jonathan

God bless u for dis post.
one wonders what happened overnight, is it dat investors made so much gains when people were voting abi na ghost dm bin trade wif?
sha i pray buhari works cos him own blasting go pass gej own.

make i reason wht will be used ................. ILLITERATE THIN DUMB HEADED GENERAL!
Na future POSSIBLE TERMS o
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Ephemmm: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

He went back to Otueke willy nilly tongue tongue tongue

However, do you want to tellne that you won't miss Patience's grammatical blunders¿
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by luzoma1: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Seriously?

Looking for an affordable and reliable HR/Payroll Software?
Visit www.hr-live.com or call 08069524047, 07055055696 for details
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by saintandsinnerz: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:

But you brought all these to your self bro. You bragged that you have travelled outside Nigeria and never saw the merit in what president Jonathan did. He is right and you are wrong
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2015
poiZon:

God bless u for dis post.
one wonders what happened overnight, is it dat investors made so much gains when people were voting abi na ghost dm bin trade wif?
sha i pray buhari works cos him own blasting go pass gej own.

make i reason wht will be used ................. ILLITERATE THIN DUMB HEADED GENERAL!
Na future POSSIBLE TERMS o

Learn about how the stock market works.

When it was clear Buhari was winning on Sunday, buying activity increased while stock prices were low in anticipation of today's surge. Now that he has been officially announced as President Elect, the prices of Nigerian stocks have boomed.

It is all based on speculation and confidence.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by saintandsinnerz: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2015
standd:

The PVCs and Card Readers should be thanked too..If not for that accreditation process eh undecided

And who approved the use of card readers? Or did you think Jega just wake up and approve the funding for card readers all by himself? Really Goodluck regime and his adherence to free and fair election is a watershed in our democratic experiment. His singular action of conceding defeat without making a fuss about the election results will deepen democracy in Nigeria and even in Africa in general. This is because a lot people predicted this election may likely turn violence and may break up Nigeria, but his action calmed frayed nerves who were waiting for what he will say. So the reason why people are praising him is that he laid the foundation for free and fair election in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Dega128(m): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2015
On behalf of ma fellow Ghanaians I would like to congratulate the people of the federal Republic of Nigeria ...

U've truelly shown ur matured in deed...

Am marvelled by ur determination and courage to change tru de ballot box..
For de 1st tyme an incumbent has lost power and conceded gracefully in Africa ....!

Congratulations ...

God bless Nigeria
God bless Ghana..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by mavinc4u(f): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Have you been sipping ogogoro this morning undecided

Not at all sir. I always say the truth and I stand by it. Do you have question for me?
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by poiZon: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2015
kalindaminda:

Learn about how the stock market works.

When it was clear Buhari was winning on Sunday, buying activity increased while stock prices were low in anticipation of today's surge. Now that he has been officially announced as President Elect, the prices of Nigerian stocks have boomed.

It is all based on speculation and confidence.

whr did they get d money to buy? thought nigrians were poor, living below 1dollar a day?
*abeg go educate ur people and buhari. he needs plenty of education now.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by jingh(f): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THE HATES CONTINUES, IT NEVER STOP! BE PREPARE FOR FULL DOSE OF YOUR OWN REMEDY!
crying kid
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Aystarz: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2015
omoarole:

What regular people around the world do every day in various spheres of life is considered some big heroic feat down here in Nigeria. Smh for the mentality of some of us. It's little wonder we are where we are today..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by jingh(f): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2015
4stylz:

See this one oo..U can't stand jonathan in your lifetime..

Best president Nigeria has ever had..History will remember him while u will be stuck in nairaland forever

Una eye go clear...no long story 2019 is just here
hahaha I think the word best now has a new meaning ?

best in which area ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by GogetterMD(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2015
dlux:

Nigerians, learn from experience. All that glitters is not Gold. And dude, 'igbos are regretting?' You must be high! Igbos unlike you yorubas & northerners don't have any evil or back-stabing motive. Jona & him people dey call us their brothers? We just did what a big brother will do & that is in the history books. Let it be known that an Ijaw or Niger Delta man ruled Nigeria & didn't take his chances but unlike them that betrayed the igbos before & after the civil war, we gave our support. Abeg, i've got more money to make & help boost 9jas economy. My region is developing. Nobody, not the Yorubas, Hausas or what have you is investing in the east to permit us if we slowly do it our way & employ your yoruba brothers to do menial jobs & abokis to man the gate you asshole!
Bros biko take am easy na, is play we are o, but now you don pwess "P". Later you go say e no pain you and you no regret
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

And who approved the use of card readers? Or did you think Jega just wake up and approve the funding for card readers all by himself? Really Goodluck regime and his adherence to free and fair election is a watershed in our democratic experiment. His singular action of conceding defeat without making a fuss about the election results will deepen democracy in Nigeria and even in Africa in general. This is because a lot people predicted this election may likely turn violence and may break up Nigeria, but his action calmed frayed nerves who were waiting for what he will say. So the reason why people are praising him is that he laid the foundation for free and fair election in Nigeria

I have always loved Jonathan as a man but NEVER as a president. Nigeria is too complex for his kind of gentle soul.

God bless Jonathan.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by Salex007(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2015
holicalpha:
...Good.

God bless my President; Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

A apart of me is happy abt the election results..... You don't what you have until its gone..

Make we go see wetin one abokiii go do.

Shebi him go stabilise oil price huh.?? Watching in 3D.
and you don't know what u've been missing until it arrives
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by markitzel: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

the way u will miss rapture
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by tochstorm(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
MrKnowitall:

you are either blind def dumb or both.
Re: Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion by hardbody: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
bros i just look your picture. i think say na one stranger i dey fight ni sha. lmao. bros make we call truce o jare. i done forget ya username. from encounters of the past grin grin

No ish. We are cool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ndic -three Million Nigerians Lost N18bn To Mmm / Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas / 10 Attitudes Displayed By MMM Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.