Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Buhari - The President-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - The President-elect (22529 Views)

Bola Tinubu And Nana Akufo-Addo, President-Elect Of Ghana Pictured Together / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari - The President-elect by lalasticlala(m): 4:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari, former Head of State and candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was this morning declared winner of last Saturday’s presidential election.

Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega declared Gen. Buhari winner of the keenly contested election after the collation of results from the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Gen. Buhari scored 15,424,921 votes to defeat President Goodluck Jonathan, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDPwho polled 12,853,162 votes.

Gen. Buhari won in 21 states. Jonathan won in 15 and in the FCT.

The day started on a sour note when PDP agent Elder Godsday Orubebe almost disrupted the announcement of results. As soon as the process which started on Monday, resumed yesterday, Orubebe requested to make an observation. He was obliged. He created a scene, swearing and screaming as he accused Jega of bias. The calmness with which Jega handled Orubebe’s distraction saved the day.

But the day ended on an exciting note as President Jonathan conceded defeat even before the final tally. He called Gen. Buhari a little after 5pm, to congratulate the APC candidate.

Jonathan’s action did not only douse tension but earned him accolades.

Former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar told reporters after meeting with the president at the Villa that Jonathan told him that he called Gen. Buhari around 5.15 p.m.

The APC also confirmed the “historic call”.
“President Jonathan called at 5.15pm, “Gen. Buhari’s campaign spokesperson Garba Shehu said.

Asked if Jonathan conceded, he said: “Yes, and General Buhari has accepted and thanked him for this.”

The president confirmed his call to Gen. Buhari in his message to Nigerians last night, saying: “I have conveyed my personal best wishes to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”

It is the first time in Nigeria’s history that a sitting government will be defeated in an election.
President-elect Gen. Buhari shelved his planned address to the nation at about 12:45am. It was shifted till 11.000am this morning
Party officials announced the decision to cancel the address after a long wait for INEC to formally confirm Buhari’s victory.

Before the announcement, supporters besieged the party secretariat to catch a glimpse of Gen. Buhari, dancing and singing. The podium was already set and leaders of the party, including House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, were at the secretariat.

The supporters left disappointed, but with great enthusiasm and anticipation.

All streets leading to the party’s secretariat were taken over by youths celebrating Gen. Buhari’s victory.

The youths, holding broom were singing and drumming.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-the-president-elect/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Koroaso: 4:22am On Apr 01, 2015
******WE HAVE COMMON A LONG WAY*******

******THIS IS TO CONGRATULATE MUHAMMADU BUHARI******

******THIS IS ALSO TO CONGRATULATE JONATHAN GOODLUCK******

*********WHY SHOULD I CONGRATULATE JONATHAN?? HE IS THE FIRST NIGERIAN PRESIDENT TO HAND OVER POWER WITHOUT ANNULLING,SELECTING OR APPOINTING A SUCCESSOR*************

******NOW THAT BEING PRESIDENT REQUIRES HAVING FRIENDS ACROSS THE DIVIDE*******

******NIGERIANS WILL LEARN TO BE MORE TOLERANT OF EACH OTHER*******

******NOW THAT MONEYBAGS DONT AUTOMATICALLY WIN ELECTIONS THERE WILL BE MORE HONOR AMONGST NIGERIANS******

*******MUHAMMADU BUHARI YOU ARE 72 YEARS OLD,ITS TIME TO GO OUT FEARLESSLY AND HEAL THE NATION*********

*******THESE LOOTING AND CORRUPTION THAT HAS MASSACRED THE PROSPERITY OF NIGERIANS DID NOT START WITH JONATHAN*******

******I WANT YOU TO SPREAD NIGERIANS WEALTH AROUND EVENLY,FROM MAIDUGURI TO BAYELSA,FROM JOS TO ENUGU********

******STRIVE TO LEAVE A LEGACY,TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR A RARE CHANCE****

*******WORK WITH PEOPLE LOYAL TO NIGERIA NOT TO ANYONE ELSE DEVOID OF RELIGION,TRIBE,CULT OR ANY OTHER ASSOCIATION******

*******THIS IS THAT CHANCE YOU GET ONCE IN A LIFETIME**********

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Rawani: 4:22am On Apr 01, 2015
He was called an Illiterate
He was called a Bigot
He was called a Terrorist
He was called a Sick old fool
He was called a Serial loser

He smiled
He kept silent
He told us his plans
He gave us his word
He even wore a tux
He was resolute

We Listened
We Doubted
We Reflected
We were Convinced
We Campaigned
We Voted
We WON!

CONGRATULATIONS
General Buhari! All our efforts have sent the evil, corrupt, incompetent, spineless, pusillanimous, irresolute, lousy and irretrievably clueless Goodluck Jonathan back to the creeks.

To my compatriots on NL, well done. We did IT!
To Father Mbaka, you have been vindicated!
To TANoids, we told you SO!
To the ‘protection’ seeker, I hope you find your true purpose and develop some principles; a man who does not stand for anything will fall for anything,
like you just did.

NIJERIYA SAI BUHARI! SHUGABAN KASA MUN GAISHE KA!

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by MadCow1: 4:22am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes ooo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by ccaramel(f): 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
The people's General!!! May you live long and rule with wisdom. We pray you succeed in reclaiming the lost glories of our dear motherland. Nigeria will be great again. So glad we are finally done with the era of cluelessness, corruption(stealing) and unintelligence. Phewww. Singing I'm coming home, I'm coming home.....Tell the world I'm coming home... cheesy grin grin cool

18 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by chinchek: 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
Sai Baba!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Ideyontop: 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations to him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by tejpot(m): 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
I dedicate this victory to all Nigerians dead or alive who believed and still believe in change. Our efforts shall not be in vain.
God bless Jonathan for being sportmanly.

God bless our president elect General Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Nigeria.

Happiness all over me smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by simplymade(m): 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
All hail the General

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by mosesolu1: 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
Congrat pom kuwe
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Deolaw: 4:23am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations!

It's with great joy I witnessed the peaceful election. A man who fought so much to make it. Took every obstacle with ease. If it is not Buhari who would it be.

Sai Buhari
Sai Osinbajo
Great Nigeria
Good people

God bless us.
Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by medamillion(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
God bless the Daura-born General

4 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by flex12(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Change is here

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
Oh!wat a dream cum thru

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by efilefun(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
CONGRATULOBIA!!!! to the new president of the largest black nation in world ‪#‎NIGERIA‬Rtd General Muhammadu Okechukwu Irewolede Kayode Change Buhari and Professor Yemi Aniyikariaiye Obinna AbdulSalam Osibanjo May God almighty help you rule this great country into greater heights

Believe in urself no matter how many times you fail you will surely triumph one day.. NEVER GIVE UP....President Buhari tried 3 times and didn't succeed, but he never gave up and here he is being announced as the PRESIDENT-ELECT of the federal republic of Nigeria

This is not just a victory to APC but a victory to the masses, cuz now we know our votes counts and any government who believes in enriching his pockets instead of doing its job would only have itself to blame after 4 years cuz we all gonna vote them out once again.

Many thanks to PROF JEGA for being an unbiased umpire and remained calm at the critical stage where everything could have been destroyed, but we thank God we the masses had the final smile

To all the PDP supporters on Nairaland that had called me different names and abuse the entire of my generations, well in the mood of happiness i forgive you all and i believe whats more important is that we are Nigerians and Moving this country forward is our main target , and i pray at the end of this administration we would all have a reason to celebrate as we did when the results were announced.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
GOD BLESS PROF. YEMI OSINBAJO
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO NEVER GAVE UP IN APC DURING THE CAMPAIGN
GOD BLESS PROF JEGA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan, I absolutely hated your policies and the corruption in your government. Yet with this singular act of conceding defeat, I will forever respect you as the best President Nigeria ever had.

One of your major critics, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo almost succeeded in illegally changing our constitution to allow himself get a third term during his Presidency. During his presidency, there were a huge number of unresolved political assassination of opposition politician

During your presidency, you dropped the Six year single term proposal when Nigerians rejected it. You refused to sack Prof.Jega even when you knew he will not compromise. In fact, you approved the purchase and use of PVC cards even when you knew it will make rigging more difficult. I also cannot remember any opposition politician that was assassinated during your presidency.

You are far more moral than your most moral critic.

Long Live President Jonathan and Love live the Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Long live GMB

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations General

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by adebisiolumide5(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes!!!..
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by MaleoPearls(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
To whom much is given, much is expected.

General, Nigeria look up to you. We hope you won't disappoint us.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
Hmmmm!

The rate and manner at which threads are making front page these days is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by IamOpemipo(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
Sai baba
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Bifwoli: 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Nigeria will live to regret electing this clueless goat herder as president.

GMB will lead Nigeria to darkness.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by etochi11(m): 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Biko what of ndi TANoids? Their laptops d down?? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by ijbeauty(f): 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Congrats Sai Buhari
You really prove unshaken after so many trials.
#SAI_BABA!!!!!!cheesy

To my Able President Dr Ebele Jonathan, you are just an epitome of a gentleman, a true democrat, I really commend you for that sir..

The INEC chairman sir, you r really a patient man! God bless you all.

Let us come together to make Nigeria better!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
so!!!se make I come dey crypower drunk baboon...
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Johnbosco77(m): 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
all is well. many lives have been saved by the humility and gentleness of GEJ. I remember April 2011 when it was so glaring that CPC lost, lives were lost even before the final announcement.
#GEJIsAtrueDemocrat
#GodblessGEJ
#GODBlessNigeria
#HopeGMBBringsTheMuchHypedChange
#onelove

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by siraj1402(m): 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
Nigeria will live to regret electing this clueless goat herder as president.

GMB will lead Nigeria to darkness.
You have started again?Go and die

6 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Nairaland apc members did a very wonderful jobs also in spite of intimidation, and accusations from the likes of fkk, barcanista, pachuckudi, temitemi1, firefire and whole lots of pdp e-rats, I wonder how many will accept defeat like Jonathan. You people convinced me at last to vote for gmb, my first vote in this country after many carefree attitudes.
Thank God for Jonathan. He and abdusalami will be the best democratic ex presidents. And to those thinking that kirikiri awaits him, I say u go wait tire. Congratulations all. May the new dawn bring prosperity, employments, good governance, economic boom and at most, valuable money in your pockets.
God still loves Nigeria against all odds.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by royalexcel2: 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations my President.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by NaLaugh: 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Congrats to him.

HOWEVER, if he does not transform Nigeria in 4 years, then he should be promptly GEJ'd.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by buoye1(m): 4:29am On Apr 01, 2015
Yea.....The last man standing....Certificate less defeated the clueless(Dr)...
Sai Baba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Amaranmati Village, Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead (Graphic Pics) / CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie / Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.