Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year (22533 Views)

Update On Mile2-apapa Road Construction - Exclusive Images / The Present State Of Apapa Road / FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Islie: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sodiq Oyeleke

A section of the Apapa Wharf will be shut down for one - year to enable its construction.

The Minister of Works, Babatunde Fashola, said this at the official signing of Memorandum of Understanding and handing over of the project to the sponsors.

The N4.34bn project is jointly sponsored by Dangote, Flour Mills companies and Federal Government.

The two kilometres road construction between the Nigerian Port Authority and end of the bridge is expected to take one - year starting from Saturday.

He explained that the use of AG Dangote for the construction was to give the road a better outlook with the use of concrete.

According to the minister, the construction is to resolve the challenges usually encountered on the road.

While commending the sponsors of the project, the minister appealed to road users and stakeholders to persevere.

He said, “ We are embarking on what will be the final solution to the massive inconvenience . Businesses and residents in Apapa and its environment have had to endure for a couple of years.

“ I like to acknowledge the leadership role of Dangote and Flour Mills who are operators and have also contributed to make this reality. They are doing this as a total Corporate Responsibility without asking for tax holiday or reduction . We are also working on how to ensure free access to Tin Can Island.

“ From today that we are handing over the project, the road will take one year to be completed. We need the cooperation of all the stakeholders . There will be some discomfort on the way but we appeal for tolerance and perseverance. It will continue to get better , people should please ensure more to solve the challenge. ”

Engr Joseph Makoju from Dangote, said it was co -sponsoring the project to provide an enabling environment for businesses in the area.

He said, “ This is part of our CSR. Businesses have to engage the community where they operate. Today ’ s CSR has gone to a higher level where we find ourselves embarking on a major infrastructural project, ” he added.

The Managing Director of Flour Mills, Paul Gbededo, urged the Federal Government to place priority on repairing other sections of Apapa.

He also sought the cooperation of other stakeholders and road users during the construction period.

He said, “Apapa has become a very difficult place to work. With this project that the Federal Government has allowed to embark on, it will give succour to business . It has the biggest port in Nigeria and should not be taken with levity.

http://punchng.com/construction-apapa-road-to-be-shut-down-for-one-year/

lalasticlala
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by chiwetaluAGU(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
Senseless to say the least

12 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by AroOkigbo(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Wharf nko?
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by OAUTemitayo: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
chiwetaluAGU:
So government should not find a way to reconstruct the road because they don't have money?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
The two kilometres road construction between the Nigerian Port Authority and end of the bridge is expected to take one - year starting from Saturday.

2km road rehabilitation to take one year to complete?

Incompetent buffons

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
So government should not find a way to reconstruct the road because they don't have money?

One year to rehabilitate a 2km road?

Does that make sense to you?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
2km for N4.3 billion to take One year
The standard cost of 1km of road in Nigeria is supposed to be 30 million naira.
Alhaji Dangote has a lot explaining to do.

Nothing new under the sun sha. It has all been done before; for instance, ex Gov Oshiomole awarded the Airport road in Benin (7km) for 13 billion.
Nigeria is a rapists dream come true

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by OAUTemitayo: 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

One year to rehabilitate a 2km road?

Does that make sense to you?
You have never been to that particular place, that am sure of.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by qualityovenbake(m): 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
The stress, anger and anxiety associated with Apapa traffic congestion can make a person go insane.

Although no one enjoys suffering , but suffering at times is necessary for progress.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

2km road rehabilitation to take one year to complete?

Incompetent buffons
Incompetent buffons !!

Is that your nickname? I am sure you know nothing about the road in question

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Pardon his ignorance. I am very sure he is at one remote and obscure village in Abakaliki.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by OAUTemitayo: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Pardon his ignorance. I am very sure he is at one remote village in Abakaliki.
Jesu!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
chiwetaluAGU:
That road is one of the most strategic in the country. Its construction would be a PPP funded by the LASG+NPA+Dangote+Flour Mills. This makes sense. However, what I feel is senseless is the construction 2nd Niger Bridge that has always been a paper project for more than thirty years. And it seems that i the next 100 years, your south east leaders will continue to cry for a 2nd Niger Bridge.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by chiwetaluAGU(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
That road is one of the most strategic in the country. Its construction would be a PPP funded by the LASG+NPA+Dangote+Flour Mills. This makes sense. However, what I feel is senseless is the construction 2nd Niger Bridge that has always been a paper project for more than thirty years. And it seems that i the next 100 years, your south east leaders will continue to cry for a 2nd Niger Bridge.
Ok bros

3 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by luvinhubby(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
That is corporate social responsibility at it's best.

But 1yr is damn too long to RECONSTRUCT a 2km road.

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Incompetent buffons !!

Let me educate your afonja osogbo dwelling ass...

That road is one of only two roads linking Apapa to other parts of Lagos.

The road links to Ijora via the flyover near old Leventis motors.

It also links to Liverpool road and is the main artery when coming from Lagos Island and Costain.

Idiots like you won't know that my Parents owned a house at Adele Rd and that I grew up in Apapa area.

33 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Apapa is my hood.

I grew up there and used to use the ferry link to cross to go to my school at VI.

You think everyone is an osgbolite like you?

25 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by ProWalker: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Apapa is my hood.

I grew up there and used to use the ferry link to cross to go to my school at VI.

You think everyone is an osgbolite like you?

I live in Tamandu barracks, where do you live in apapa?

8 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Edopesin: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
2km Road In 1year ? These PPle Playing On Som1s Intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by XXLDICK(m): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Incompetent buffons !!

can you both justify why it'll take up to a year cause I know that environment very well

10 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
ProWalker:

I live in Tamandu barracks, where do you live in apapa?

I lived at Adele Rd that is by the kingsway part of Apapa .

House has been sold since by my senior bro who inherited since Apapa began turning to sh1t in the late 90's.

5 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by MrMystrO(m): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
g
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by oshe11: 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
pls oooo

Also shut down d presidency
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by SweetJoystick(m): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
One year ke? Na road to heaven or hell them wan construct abi na repair self

10 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Jabioro: 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
The 2km road timing is in excess please

3 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by SalamRushdie: 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Fashola keeps raising the bar for how much it cost to build a Kilometer of road in this country , as Lagos state governor he was the first to start building road at 500 million per KM then he graduated to I billion per Kilometer now he is at almost 1.5 billion per KM after teaching Dangote same

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by udemedia3(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
OK..
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by BAILMONEY: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
whitesoup
Stop exhibiting high levels of chronic stupidity on public forum. YOU FINISHED LEGALBABY CAREER ON NAIRALAND BRUH.

WHY YOU WICKED LIKE THIS
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Fashola keeps raising the bar for how much it cost to build a Kilometer of road in this country , as Lagos state governor he was the first to start building road at 500 million per KM then he graduated to I billion per Kilometer now he is at almost 1.5 billion per KM..

Even for crooked Tinubu standard of one billion Nara per kilometer this is excessively high.

Fashola has always been a thief and will remain one until he is confined to kirikiri island where he belongs

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by checkolatunji: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:

Why you wicked like dis? grin

This is the highest level of savagery I have ever come across

You too much

10 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by checkolatunji: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Even for crooked Tinubu standard of one billion Nara per kilometer this is excessively high.

Fashola has always been a thief and will remain one until he is confined to kirikiri island where he belongs

Shildren of hate from POTOPOTO Republic, oh! Sorry from Akpu Republic if you want the road come and take oooo grin

10 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by EvilMetahuman: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dangote should be given a chieftancy title in yoruba land.

He is better than 5million flat heads living in yoruba land combined

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Abubakar Bello Travels Abroad — Hours After Abduction Of Schoolchildren / Atiku To Nigerians: Don’t Allow Tinubu Turn Nigeria To His Personal Property / Bloody Rivers: Amaechi, Wike Are Gainers, No Political Gladiator Ever Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.