Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:12 PM

APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status (52083 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats / APC Wins All The Senatorial Seats In Oyo - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by dollarlander: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
David mark has 2 options. Join APC or relinquish ur position. Its sad that no SS/SE would become d next senate president since no APC senator won in that region.

Lesson learnt, don't put all ur eggs in one basket.
Sai buhari
Sai baba
Sai APC

True talk. I told those omo ibos to think before they vote but they won't listen. They follow minority pur themselves into further minority.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2015
iamord:
if Igbos want to Forge ahead. You need to put the past behind and join hands for a new Nigeria. Else it will keep turning out this way. You k ow if this was a civil war. With such a result the east as lost in e again. Nobody is bigger than a one Nigeria. Join hands and am brace change

I agree 1000000000%

3 Likes

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Betanwa(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2015
bisous:
About time,even David Mark will know its not business as usual......
My prayer though is that APC shouldn't take Nigerians for granted......I hope they'll deliver no matter whose OX is gored
Wot exactly did David Mark do wrong?...
Because he refused to approve the gay law?
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 01, 2015
samsard:
David Mark is Idoma (i still hate being carved out as north), Sambo i suppose is Hausa from Kaduna state
The north is not only made up of Hausa's we also have other ethnic groups in the north. So Idoma or not official David mark is a northerner.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by ekolina(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Which PDP do want to show? the ones in APC or the ones in PDP? cuz all APC members in the senate with the exception of those from Lagos are former PDP. I think Buhari will prefer David as senate president to Akume or Gemade or Saraki.
YoursGEJ:
Let us show PDP how a democracy works. No more David Mark and 'the Ayes have it' grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
SuperModerator:
Normally, the we the Igbos would have been compensated with senate president or speaker, but APC is the majority and we have no candidate that won the National assembly from APC.
The Igbos detest APC so much, now they can see the consequence.... We won't have the first, second, third or fourth citizen of Nigeria

Note: don't take the picture attached serious, it is just a joke

Modified, pic removed due to numerous mentions
In OBJ regime we had 5 senate president how did it affect the hustling of everage Igbo man in Ariaria or Onitsha. we dont need senate president to fix our states and region

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by charlesm91(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
kambili999:
hello. well I just want to clarify something you wrote 'the Igbos detest APC so much ' it is okay if you don't like them but I know Igbos who are die hard fans of APC . Peace
i think he meant to refer south easterners; the majority as reflected by the votes. I'm igbo too,lagosian by birth but igbo's didn't play the game well. They could have supported APC for Ngige to have a share at the central for the greater good but the whole Buhari islam hate blinded their eyes. I'm happy for democracy n let's see; can only hope for a new Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by luzoma1: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2015
congratz to them

Looking for an affordable and reliable HR/Payroll Software?
Visit www.hr-live.com or call 08069524047, 07055055696 for details
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by samsard(m): 9:57am On Apr 01, 2015
Reski:
The north is not only made up of Hausa's we also have other ethnic groups in the north. So Idoma or not official David mark is a northerner.
I know all too well there are many tribes in the north, at least, Sambo and Mark are not of the same tribe
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
samsard:
I know all too well there are many tribes in the north, at least, Sambo and Mark are not of the same tribe
But they are notherner's.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by EasyAsh: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
emeijeh:
Change has finally come.......
Senate and presidency will harmonize and work well in this dispensation.

Sai baba
Hundreds of "like" pls for our President-elect
#babanowthatyouarethere please don't disappoint us
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Otilo12: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2015
My people, you know what? A wise say, it's better to leave the stage when the ovation is loud. How will you relate this statement to the presence of David Mark in the 8th Assembly?? Let's hear your opinion
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by samsard(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
Reski:
But they are notherner's.
I give up
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2015
ThimmyWood:
The region I pity most Na the Igbo, they will be sideline for another 4 to 8 years....... they believed that they are smart when they are not..... Can never get political calculations right without bringing bigotry into everything .
Serves them right sha.
Once again the Yoruba have proved their political sophistication.

What sophistication really? Osinbajo is a Yoruba man, yet GEJ has a close chase to GMB in the south west. If APC had fielded an Igbo man as VP, do you think it would still have won in the south west? Abeg leave all those tribalistic talks. Core northerners have been voting Buhari en masse, yet nobody called them tribalistic voters.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by ALISMILE(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2015
Is there any APC senator frm the eastern part of the country? because that is d only way they can hold on to the position of the speaker of the senate!

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by humberjade: 11:37am On Apr 01, 2015
"Following the declaration of last Saturday’s
results, APC will now have 64 senators; the
PDP, 45; and the Labour Party, one".

Though it does rule out dat APC has d majority, but this can't b correct, are we not suppose to have 109 Senators, then how come this info amounts to 110 in total?
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by kambili999(f): 11:39am On Apr 01, 2015
charlesm91:
i think he meant to refer south easterners; the majority as reflected by the votes. I'm igbo too,lagosian by birth but igbo's didn't play the game well. They could have supported APC for Ngige to have a share at the central for the greater good but the whole Buhari islam hate blinded their eyes. I'm happy for democracy n let's see; can only hope for a new Nigeria.
you are so right about the Igbos been blinded by their hatred for Buhari. I didn't even need a soothsayer to tell me because it was so glaring where I school. Anyways, let's all hope for a better Nigeria Coz this country is so bad that tribalism should not be an option. Anyone capable ,no matter the tribe should take us up. The earlier 'we' realize this the better for us.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Fellonigerians: 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
APC should be careful o. Let them take decisions that will move the country forward, not further divide it. We voted them in to change the attitude of our leaders, let them not come and continue behaving like PDP. No personal grudges, but I know that Saraki, Gemade and Akume will battle for the Senate President position. Let them not come and have APC and the New APC...

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by bjoyoyo: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
God is great
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by IYANGBALI: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Na wa o,so David mark will now be nobody in the senate,from no 3 citizen to nobody all in the name of money,some people no dey shame walahi. They should not give him any post in that senate,shameless fool wey no know when to throw in the towel.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by IYANGBALI: 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
shegsrules:
That moment when David Mark turns to floor member and begins to say i n nay. Haha
no mind dat shameless old fool,from no 3 man to nobody

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
samsard:
I give up
Oshe
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Betanwa:

Wot exactly did David Mark do wrong?...
Because he refused to approve the gay law?

Nothing except that he has been there for 16years ,he should give room for someone else......Never heard of bowing out when the ovation is loudest?
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Sigo86(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
SuperModerator:
Normally, the we the Igbos would have been compensated with senate president or speaker, but APC is the majority and we have no candidate that won the National assembly from APC.
The Igbos detest APC so much, now they can see the consequence.... We won't have the first, second, third or fourth citizen of Nigeria

Note: don't take the picture attached serious, it is just a joke

Modified, pic removed due to numerous mentions

Dats y u igbos need a serious mental awakening.... U guys love keepn grudges dat're even older dan ur gr8-grand fathers... imagine, deir's no single igbo man dat can represent u guys as a president in d nearest future... Meanwhile, yoruba has; Fashola,Oshinbajo,aregbe,amosun. Hausa also isn't xcluded... but igbos... Una own na 2dey bring progressive pple down... Even ur so called APGA is dead nd buried.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by opositive(m): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
The voice of the people is now being heard. The era of power being solely in the hands of corrupt politicians has ended. Yes! Up APC!! #ChangeforNigeria
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by jajainall(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by Betanwa(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
bisous:

Nothing except that he has been there for 16years ,he should give room for someone else......Never heard of bowing out when the ovation is loudest?
Now I understand your reason, but u wouldn't blame him
After all the man I listed as a past president of Nigeria while in kindergarten came back 32 years later to become President-elect
Nigeria politics is a AY's Crib comedy flick.
Re: APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status by DeRay98(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2015
GentleToks:

Let speak the truth and shame the devil. This attitude of hiding behind one finger in order not to upset a certain region of the country is not my thing. After all, Northerners were called all sort of names as a result of Boko haram menace and Yorubas were called all sort of names during wild wild west political brouhaha....

Jonathan administration revealed how tribal Igbos can be if opportunity presents itself. Please I m not one of those that would come here to patronise them, let's speak the truth at all time and shame d devil. The good thing about other Nigerians is their forgiving spirit and the fact that other Nigerians easily forget things and move with their lives, otherwise Igbos would have equally been paid back with their own coins.

Prior to Jonathan administration, the new generation of Nigerians believed that Igbos were truly being marginalised at the federal level going by their "marginalisation rhetorics" year in, year out. However, it was not only a shock to me but an act of wickedness to see the same people dancing to the fact that all the sensitive governmental positions are being occupied by their sons and daughter; forgetting that one day, just one day, it ll be the turn of other people. It was the same show of shame, hatred towards other ethnic groups and Marginalisation of others under Aguiyi Ironsi administration. Aguiyi Ironsi attention was even called to the development but refused to listen. Can Igbo ever complain of marginalisation anymore in this country? Capital No.

Stop blaming their leaders; the followers are even worse than their leaders. Haven't u read their repulsive utterances on various social media platforms against Hausas and Yorubas? Were they coerced to write those gibberish against others by their leaders? No. Remember that a snake ll not give birth to goat....

Historically, Akintola tried to let Yorubas follow the footpath of Igbos as far as politics is concerned, having seen and witnessed what Igbos did in the East in 60s. The same Akintola experience back in 60s repeated itself again in last gubernatorial election in Anambra state where these people were openly preaching hatred towards Hausas and Yorubas in particular; tagged APC a Yoruba party but the good thing is that Yorubas refused to follow that footpath.....

Finally, I was having a discussion with my fellow Igbo church members on Sunday about Nigeria politics and I realised that they were all supporting Jonathan and i asked them the reason why their support were given to Jonathan, none of them could utter a word; so 8th shows that their support for Jonathan was a result of tribal sentiment

However, I only urge the new generation from the east to desist from this game of hatred.....

Peace out
We are saying the same thing in different ways, i agree with you. i wish the Igbos would learn to leave sentiments aside and cross over to share ideas and polity with the rest of the country. it will be good for us all. kudos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / APC Using Atiku's Image For Campaign In The North (Picture) / Soldiers And Members Of ESN Clash In Orlu, Imo State - FFK Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.