Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Opinion: Achieving An Equal Opportunity For All Regions In This Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Achieving An Equal Opportunity For All Regions In This Country. (682 Views)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Are SS And SE More Corrupt Regions In Nigeria? / Buhari Was Right, All Regions Will Not Be Developed Equally By The Fg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Achieving An Equal Opportunity For All Regions In This Country. by brainpower(m): 7:31am On Apr 01, 2015
I do not know how most people here will take it especially the MODs but it is quite obvious that Ethnicity and Religion can never ever leave this nation.

This was confirmed by the just concluded presidential election. It is safe to say that most of the North voted for Buhari cos of these two reasons(ethnicity and religion), same with most of the South West in the case of Osinbajo and the South South and South East for GEJ.

What is or are the ways forward for this nation to curb these sentiments in our politics?

My opinion is that first of all, the Nigerian constituion must be thoroughly looked into and we must go back to history in this nation and discuss the events that took place before this time.

I will really like some suggestions(without insults and with all sincerity and maturity) to how this nation can be moved forward and everyone carried along. This is beyond APC vs PDP. Thanks. Akereconfi, Barcanista.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Achieving An Equal Opportunity For All Regions In This Country. by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 01, 2015
@OP I don't think it is okay to discuss this at this time. Let us allow them enjoy in their electoral conquest and form their government. I hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Achieving An Equal Opportunity For All Regions In This Country. by Truth234(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2015
This is a bit too early but then you have a point that is worth looking into. Though I doubt there will be marginalization of any region in the new administration but if any we will reignite the fight for equality in all fairness to all tribes and regions.

The same way we demand change from GEJ administration we will do so for Buhari. Nobody is bigger than Nigeria, we will no longer condone complacency and incompetency from any of our political leaders, we elect them to serve us and if they fail to do so we will aligned solely to kick them out.

(1) (Reply)

‘I Have Done My Best As INEC Boss': Jega Says He’ll Quit In June / Edo Pdp's Charles Arhiavbere Defects To APC / Ambode Disowns Oba Of Lagos over Anti-igbo Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.