Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

What Qur'an Says About Jesus - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Qur'an Says About Jesus (6695 Views)

Do Qur'an Says Jesus Has Died?! Explanation Of The Word "Tawafii" / What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. / RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2009
@Davidylan: « #62 on: Today at 02:14:11 AM »

no offence but i sometimes wonder whether you are not begining to show signs of senility . . . here was the quote you were supposedly "debunking"
- the problem here is you dont understand christianity AT ALL. You instead equate it to that political death cult of yours masquerading as a "religion".
Before bleating about whether Christ was a "christian" you shld first ask - what does it mean to be a christian?

What has the above got to do with being a jew?

I could easily chalk up, according to you "my senility" to Old Age or the approach of middle age, lol. But would i chalk up your lack of insightfulness to, except disbelief, because youth has all the advantages of "still fresh brain!" Now, I used similitude on you about who is the first Jew, since you said Jesus was not a Chrsitian. This simply was to show you that all those you called Jews, Adam to even Joseph, wtc were not Jews, since Judah could be called the earliest Jew!

If this is so, them, was Jesus a Jew and if it is by religion, then Christianity is a sham! I guess senility has not really set in. I still have a lot of fun things to do, InshaAllah. Give me another 50 years, you and me will be enteringing senility together, in locksteps.

[Quote]
I have mentioned what the bible refers to as "church" since eternity but the wooden block tha tislam inserts into ur skulls wont let it sink in. I repeat - the bible does not mention "church" as a building, it refers to it as the body of Christ. A man and his wife on their marital bed is a church, 3 young boys alone in a corner praying are a church . . . where 2 or 3 are gathered together IN HIS NAME, there He is in their midst.

continue bleating your imaam's foolish theories.
[/quote]

No one in Islam cares about your "Church!" Foolish David, with his man and woman on marital bed bit. I expected to read this piece from **Osisi or earTHMama. What happened to synagogue then, where Jesus made most of his prayers, with his people? Where did Jesus ever mentioned the word "Church", you darn hypothesis pushing dude? I read you loud and clear. I know a lie when I see or in your case read one.

Has allah ever performed a miracle?

He created me. Thats a miracle. Start from there. Look in the mirror and can you see another of His "miracles?"

This is perhaps the daftest thing i have read all day . . . how is it possible to be like yourself? Can you exist in two distinct persons?

Have you ever heard the phrase; "be yourself?" David has his own lead foot in his own mouth. Now if Jesus was not even able to exist in two distinct persons, how do you claim that he, Jesus is God, existing in three distinct persons?
David my boy, don't tear your own hair out of your scalp. This is daddy Olabowale advising you. Calm down, man. Think.

and just why do you sons of perdition get riled up because jews killed jews? What is it to you? Why are ijebu muslims frothing in the mouth because a jew killed a fellow jew 2000yrs ago?

No concern, but just a reminder to you. plus i have alot of associates who are Jews, in the West, greater Europe and of course this USA.

Shut up you slowpoke. What did the disciples preach then? Produce it or keep quiet.

Am not a christian, so no problem. But if i were, this alone is enough to get me out of dodge. I will be skippy doo in a darn skippy moment in a New York minute. David, why do I have to be the one to produce any bible, fake or "genuine" instead of you? You are not making any sense. I will now shut up. You have the floor, mister. Defend your Book, or you are the gullible.

which killings?

You must be long time asleep. Iraq, Afghanistan, just to name a wildly acceptable locations. Somalia could be so named, considering the bombing reported the other day.

So the quran said . . . nothing in history verifies such vapid, false claim.

Where did Ibrahim leave his son Ishmael and his mother, then? Please give me a location, a vicinity, other than the wilderness? Can you imagine a father, who is the friend of God leaving his son and his young pretty wife, okay mother of the boy in an unknown, unidentifiable location? That would have been a bad father, or wouldn't he have been called scum?

At least Qur'aan gave a definite place, location that is still in existence, today! Match that, man.

Surah isra can say whatever nonsense it chooses to say . . . why was this mosque not known to anyone before surah isra? Even the arabs before mohammed didnt know of any such piffle.

Think man. At least it was a statement made for the future. And when the people got to the future, the statement came to pass, so they have to build the Mosque! Its still in Quds, even now. The Jews and their Christian surrogates wanna die because of this.

Prior to AD 70, the over 2000yr old temple mount hosted Solomon's temple. What Masjid aqsa are you talking about?
why do you think even till today that place is called the temple mount and not the masjid mount? sons of rogues and hypocrites.

Show me Solomon temple, and I will show you Masjid Aqsa. I know you can't cough up Solomon Temple, if your life depends on it. I am just joking with you now. I am trying to massage hard salt into your fresh wound. I can do that can I?

Ariel Sharon walked into the mosque unannounced. Now see what has become of him? He is not dead yet, but he does not care for what happens to the "Israelis" in his present suffering condition, if he could have a say about it.

Allah must be in delusion . . . no one ever knew of any such house. Historians documented the pyramids in Egypt . . . surely they didnt forget allah's mosque. Or was it hanging in the air?

Now it s there for everyone to see. I wonder if it is the Western Historian accounts that shuould be accepted, about this building, over that of the Arabs themselves? It the answer is yes, then we must accept the accounts of the western Historians about the yoruba Origin, Ile Ife and Oduduwa. I think the western Historians are yet to write it. So the yorubas, Ile Ife and Oduduwa never have existed. You are almost behaving like a "Blonde." I dont dislike blondes. Just for the record.

Sure . . . as the seat of 360 idols.

Yeah. You are very perceptive. Except you are still thinking about the time before islam entered Makka. Think forward man, and the present in this case. Today the Kaaba is the direction of Islamic Salah! And for your information, there is no idol in or around it. All of the 360 were already destroyed on the day of Victory over Makka!

the pagans owned it . . . mohammad and his band of robbers looted it and converted it to a mosque. Try giving it back to the pagans and ask for forgiveness.

I should not be responding to you. But I can't help it. Please david use the same logic in any place you choose. Say Palestine. Say before Ibrahim arrived. Or even now. You will be defeated at all time in serious argument because you are too emotional.

where in history is this documented? Islam seems to be built on a lot of fantasies that only allah knew . . . the jews wrote down the exact location of Abraham's first well, his grave (muslims have turned it to a mosque today) and the first site of his burnt offerings in bethel . . . but forgot this wonderful masjid that he built? Why didnt even the descendants of Ishmael write down this occurence?

Where is the idea that god was human at anytime advanced, except among the idol worshippers; Hindus, etc and the Christian Bible? Read about the awe that the lukewarm believers, the jews have about the Creator!

no tell us his mosque . . . wasnt he a messenger of allah?

Masjid Haram, where the Kaaba is situated.

Complete plagiarism of early portions of Exodus . . . why is allah overly interested in the dealings of the children of Isaac? where were the children of Ishmael all this while?

Read the Surah and you will see intimate details of what Allah told Moses. Moses was not told to just go to an established King to say; Let my people go! No that will not show civility and susophisticationInstead God gave instruction to Moses to be gentle, appealing to Pharaoh's heart. Maybe he will receive guidance and follow Moses in obedience. This means he will change his ways of harshness, and become kind to the children of Israel.

In all, Allah knew the heart of Pharaoh. Now that Moses appealed to him, yet he did not change his hardnes, it means that he can not claim that he was not warned, and given opportunity to change or repent. Afterall, he saw a Prophet, with a messege of goodliness before him! David, think man. We the muslims are the carriers of the messages of the prophets (AS) to you, today. You have noexcuse before your Creator. Jesus can never, and I swear by my Creator, is not in the position to avert the calamity of disbelief from you.

Sura Israh contains the letters/messages of 24 whole prophets?

Read in addition Surah Hud, Yusuf, Ibrahim, Yunus, Ambiya! Can you just read, man. Lazy bum. You need to go lay on a beach in some remote Island in the Pacific. Maybe Vanuatu or something. lol.

bla bla bla . . .

yeah, yeah, yeah! You sounded like captain Blah!

Seems allah rejected him well in advance . . . we dont hear a JOT about him for 4000yrs before mohammad appeared on the scene. While the quran bores you repeatedly with tales of the sons of Isaac (stolen from the bible of course), we hear NAUGHT about the sons of Ishmael. The quran mentiones 25 prophets . . . 24 of them are ALL from the sons of Isaac.

Which one you day? Just yetserday, you claimed him. Today you are lmbasting him! Make u your mind, man. This way i will know how to deal with your reposes. I like consistencies.

Sons of Isaac are 24 out of the 25 Qur'aan prophets? Please list all of the 25 and identify the 24 sons of Isaac from the 25 in Qur'aan.

Soon, if I don't hear from you, I may have to make the dreaded journey to upstate, to be sure you are not catching a fever. You seem to be hallucination. Thats a sign of original fever. Not fever wey some people use their money to buy like artificial yellow from skin bleaching. To the sisi that David is talking about marriage to; please accept his proposal. The man needs you. I dont want to go nurse him out of his malady. Thats your job, lady. Please.

Maybe you shld be asking allah just why he rejected Ishmael . . . we dont know him so we cant be rejecting him.

This man's problem is more than i thought. He is in a dire strait. Was Ishmael not one of the persons you listed as "stolen from the bible?" Now you dont know him. How convenient.

The quran did the separating.

Naive soul, how did the Qur'aan did this separating, exactly? In the Qur'aan we see that the Children of even his nephew Yaqub/Israil knew about him. They always mentioned him before they mentioned their grand father Isiaq. The two brothers, Ismail and Isiaq are mentioned in loving and positive manners and as messenger and or prophets.

But in the Bible, Ishmael is thought of a person who will develop to be a wild man. Now tell if this is a honoring identifier? Now see what the Bible says about Isaac. Now tell me which book does the separation and which keeps the unity between them?

Why does the quran tell us about the son of Isaac but NOTHING on the son of Ishmael the supposed first born?

The same reason that after Joseph, we did not hear about anyone until the time of Moses. How many centuaries are there missing between these two men? Did the Children of Israel remained Children of Israel after Joseph and before Moses or they changed to be Jews? If not, when did they become "Jews", during the 40 years of wondering about or after? If after, when exactly, during the reign of David or before or after? I am trying to teach you Jewish history here.

Now read your Bible, and tell us why there was not significant information other than slavery after the death of Joseph, and up to the time Aaron and Moses?

slowpoke . . . again the quran bores us to tears about the grandsons of Isaac . . . just where are the sons of Ishmael all this while? Did they exist at all and why did Allah forget them? Great nephew indeed.

No wonder we are expecting a noreaster here soon. You must have been bawling hard, man. I better pull down the window. i dont wanna catch a cold. I guess family sticks together. Allah in His Infinite wisdom allows the Children of the brother who lived with Father Ibrahim to be the carrier of the message. But they bastardized this singular message, every time.

In the maintime, the brother who was strong enough to live alone, away from Father Ibrahim, in time his children were isolated, and unconquered by any foreign power! We can't overlook all the conquering that happened with the sons of the brother who stayed home.

In time after Jesus (as), the door of carriership of the message was closed for the "children" of the son who stayed with dad. And when the door of carriership of message was going to be opened, it opened to the son of the brother who moved out and stood firm with dad, even from a distance. The carriership of the message fell on Muhammad (AS) to carry this singular message to all mankind, races and colors and ethnicities of all men were included. No wonder his companions were from all the people of the world and he wrote to all rulers and kings and emperors!

Jesus came thru the tribe of Judah . . . hence the term Son of Judah.

Same person you called god is from a tribe? I guess he was a tribal god originale! I need to write a book with a similar title; the god of a tribe. Catchy. I hope you will be able to expalin why you think on one hand he couldn't have existed in two didstinct persons, while at the same time believed the postulation that he was a part of a god that existed in 3 distict persons? Which is easier, 3 or 2 distict persons existence? Why wouldn't an entity of part of the same god be able to exist in 2 distinct persons, except that all these ideas are a pile of you know what?

[Quote]
Adam - Enoch - Noah - Abraham - Isaac . . . that is the lineage of the Jews.
Adam - Enoch - Noah - Abraham - Ishmael . . . that is the lineage of the arabs.

But why did allah forget the lineage of the arabs and bleat profusely about the lineage of the jews?
[/quote]

Where did divergence occur? Who was the first Jews? Who was the first Arab? Am sure no one of these people listed above will be Arab and Jew!

I doubt christians are going to kill the jews anytime soon . . . it seems allah has given arabs/muslims that commandment. As usual just another porous lie called a "prophecy".

You are not sure, since you said "anytime soon!" The point is this; you will kill them at the end of time, except the ones who converted. Ask any Jew in Rochester. Ask your pastor about this. Google the darn thing man! You can at least do that.

Yawn . . . all that long story from this old man full of lies and deciet.

I yawned too. probably at the same time you yawned. I said to myself; self whats this dude planning in Rochester, since its cold as Ice?

« #63 on: Today at 03:13:33 AM »
Ishmael is NOT the father of muslims!!!

Stay tuned folks for indepth analysis of this pervasive lie.

I am here to be educated, David. What you have said is that Ismail or Ishmael is not the father of Muhammad? Can Isaac be the father of Jews; say Jesus then? Refer to your own post above talking about the fathers of the arabs, considering that Islam of Muhammad is synanymous with Arabs?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2009
Long, boring, meaningless. Get back to me when you have something of substance to say alhaji.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2009
David is afraid to confront his demon; the truth.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

I am here to be educated, David. What you have said is that Ismail or Ishmael is not the father of Muhammad? Can Isaac be the father of Jews; say Jesus then? Refer to your own post above talking about the fathers of the arabs, considering that Islam of Muhammad is synanymous with Arabs?

1. In his rebuttal to Dr. Robert A. Morey's book Islamic Invasion, W. Aliyyuddin Shareef, is honest enough to admit:

"In pre-Islamic times Ishmael was never mentioned as the Father of the Arabs." (Shareef, In response to Robert Morey's Islamic Invasion, pp. 3-4)

2. Ma'n Ibn 'Isa al-Ashja'i al-Qazzaz (silk-merchant) informed us; he said: Mu'awiyah Ibn Salih informed us on the authority of Yahya Ibn Jabir who had seen some Companions of the Prophet and said: The people of Banu Fuhayrah came to the Prophet and said to him: You belong to us. He replied: Verily, (the archangel) Gabriel has informed me that I belong to Mudar. (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Volume I, p. 4)

i.e. - Neither Mohammad nor the arabs knew they were from the tribe of Ishmael, it had to be "revealed" by angel Gabriel.

3. Narrated Ibn Abbas:
- The Prophet added, "May Allah bestow Mercy on Ishmael's mother! Had she let the Zam-zam (flow without trying to control it) (or had she not scooped from that water) (to fill her water-skin), Zam-zam would have been a stream flowing on the surface of the earth." The Prophet further added, "Then she drank (water) and suckled her child. The angel said to her, "Don't be afraid of being neglected, for this is the House of Allah which will be built by this boy and his father, and Allah never neglects His people.' The House (i.e. Kaba) at that time was on a high place resembling a hillock, and when torrents came, they flowed to its right and left. She lived in that way till some people from the tribe of Jurhum or a family from Jurhum passed by her and her child, as they (i.e. the Jurhum people) were coming through the way of Kada'. They landed in the lower part of Mecca where they saw a bird that had the habit of flying around water and not leaving it. They said, "This bird must be flying around water, though we know that there is no water in this valley.' They sent one or two messengers who discovered the source of water, and returned to inform them of the water. So, they all came (towards the water)." The Prophet added, "Ishmael's mother was sitting near the water. They asked her, "Do you allow us to stay with you?' She replied, "Yes, but you will have no right to possess the water.' They agreed to that." The Prophet further said, "Ishmael's mother was pleased with the whole situation as she used to love to enjoy the company of the people. So, they settled there, and later on they sent for their families who came and settled with them so that some families became permanent residents there. The child (i.e. Ishmael) grew up and learnt Arabic from them and (his virtues) caused them to love and admire him as he grew up, and when he reached the age of puberty they made him marry a woman from amongst them.

Problems:
a. There is no historical evidence for Jurhums ever existing except in the hadith

b. Ishmael settled in Paran which is closer to Egypt than mecca.

c. Note the portion in bold - Ishmael learnt arabic from the "jurhums" . . . which means there were arabs ALREADY EXISTING with a spoken language and culture WAY BEFORE ISHMAEL WAS BORN! How then could Ishmael be the father of the arabs? undecided
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan: « #67 on: Today at 01:05:19 AM »

1. In his rebuttal to Dr. Robert A. Morey's book Islamic Invasion, W. Aliyyuddin Shareef, is honest enough to admit:

"In pre-Islamic times Ishmael was never mentioned as the Father of the Arabs." (Shareef, In response to Robert Morey's Islamic Invasion, pp. 3-4)

Arabs includes all arab speakers. It includes the tribe of Muhammad (AS). Unless you can "proof" otherwise, my statement stands. I will in turn provide, evidence that Muhammad (AS) is directly from Ismail, hence from Ibrahim. Muhammad (AS) was called the son of the "Two slaughtered", meaning Ismail and Muhammad's father; Abdullah. Your half baked education, is aculmunation of your "disbeliefing" heart.

2. Ma'n Ibn 'Isa al-Ashja'i al-Qazzaz (silk-merchant) informed us; he said: Mu'awiyah Ibn Salih informed us on the authority of Yahya Ibn Jabir who had seen some Companions of the Prophet and said: The people of Banu Fuhayrah came to the Prophet and said to him: You belong to us. He replied: Verily, (the archangel) Gabriel has informed me that I belong to Mudar. (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Volume I, p. 4)

i.e. - Neither Mohammad nor the arabs knew they were from the tribe of Ishmael, it had to be "revealed" by angel Gabriel.

Angel Gibreil (AS) is a Truth Teller. Whatever is not known, and needed to be known to God's Messenger and or Prophet (AS), he, Gibreil was sent to deliver it. The information delivered do benefit the community, mankind as a whole. While you dispute about this clarified information about Muhammad's relationship with Ismail, whom you call Ishmael, you forgot that you have used his name to argue about the identity of the Arabs, and his brother Isaac for the "Children of Israel" the group you now called the "Jews."

Now, you should pay attention to the fact that it is Angel Gabreil who came to Mary to tell her about the expected birth of her son Jesus, your human god! Now, it is the truth from the mouth of this Angel that confirms just the humanness and nothing more of Jesus. Hence, Angel Gabreil destroyed your part god or full god idea of Jesus (AS).

3. Narrated Ibn Abbas:
- The Prophet added, "May Allah bestow Mercy on Ishmael's mother! Had she let the Zam-zam (flow without trying to control it) (or had she not scooped from that water) (to fill her water-skin), Zam-zam would have been a stream flowing on the surface of the earth." The Prophet further added, "Then she drank (water) and suckled her child. The angel said to her, "Don't be afraid of being neglected, for this is the House of Allah which will be built by this boy and his father, and Allah never neglects His people.' The House (i.e. Kaba) at that time was on a high place resembling a hillock, and when torrents came, they flowed to its right and left. She lived in that way till some people from the tribe of Jurhum or a family from Jurhum passed by her and her child, as they (i.e. the Jurhum people) were coming through the way of Kada'. They landed in the lower part of Mecca where they saw a bird that had the habit of flying around water and not leaving it. They said, "This bird must be flying around water, though we know that there is no water in this valley.' They sent one or two messengers who discovered the source of water, and returned to inform them of the water. So, they all came (towards the water)." The Prophet added, "Ishmael's mother was sitting near the water. They asked her, "Do you allow us to stay with you?' She replied, "Yes, but you will have no right to possess the water.' They agreed to that." The Prophet further said, "Ishmael's mother was pleased with the whole situation as she used to love to enjoy the company of the people. So, they settled there, and later on they sent for their families who came and settled with them so that some families became permanent residents there. The child (i.e. Ishmael) grew up and learnt Arabic from them and (his virtues) caused them to love and admire him as he grew up, and when he reached the age of puberty they made him marry a woman from amongst them.

Problems:
a. There is no historical evidence for Jurhums ever existing except in the hadith

Have you asked the Arab historians about this? Just to confound you a little bit more; if it is the Jurhums (I think they are Yemenis or from that area of the Penisula. I will confirm to you soonest), identity that bothers you, how then three gods become One not a bug in your thinking? Can you make 3 full entities become 1 entity?

b. Ishmael settled in Paran which is closer to Egypt than mecca.

Where is Zam Zam water, today? Read your post, above?

c. Note the portion in bold - Ishmael learnt arabic from the "jurhums" . . . which means there were arabs ALREADY EXISTING with a spoken language and culture WAY BEFORE ISHMAEL WAS BORN! How then could Ishmael be the father of the arabs?

David, I am shocked. Do you not remember that Muhammad (AS) used to be raised by a bedouin woman named Halima, so that he can be proficient in the Arabic language? The bedouin arabic dialect is superior to that of Makkan, before Islam. When Islam came, the Fusat arabic tongue which Qur'aan was revealed in, was superior to the Bedouins, and more superior to the Makkans who never got the bedouin tongue. Today, all arabs; Jurhums, bedouins, makkans, etc, have to train to speak, write, read and understand Qur'aanic arabic!

Here is a question for you, David; Are all Arabs Jurhums? I want to lead your mind for a change. By the way I called you during the Super-Bowl, yesterday. I rooted for the Steelers. I like their head coach.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2009
Chronologically listed:

1 - Adam and Eve - Our Father and Mother; 2 - Noah - The Ark; 3 - Hud - The Storm of Anger; 4 - Salih - With Allah's She-Camel; 5 - Ibrahim - The Destroyer of Idols; 6 - Lot - The Sky Rained Meteors; 7 - Ismail - The Slaughtered One; 8 - Yousif - The Very Truthful; 9 - Ayyub - Frequent in Returning to Allah; 10 - Younis - Journey in the Deep Water

11- Shuyab - To Madyan; 12 - Musa - The Crossing; 13 - Taloot and Jaloot - The Stone of Victory; 14 - Dauwood and Sulayman - The Kingdom of Faith;

15 - Uzayr - The Return of The Soul; 16 - Al-Umran - The Miracle of Creation; 17 - Yahya - Tenderness from Us; 18 - Isa - The Spirit of Allah;

19 - Companions of the Cave and Al-Raqim; 20 - Companions of the Elephant - Attack of the Ababil

"When Allah made the covenant with the Prophets, He said. 'Here are the Scripture and the wisdom, which I have given you. Later a Prophet will come to you confirming what you possess. You shall believe in Him and you shall help him. He then said: 'Do you agree to this and take the responsibility I placed on you?' They answered: 'We agree. He said: 'Then bear witness and I will bear witness with you." (Surah Al-Imran, 3:81)

“Whoever therefore turns back after this, these it is that are the transgressors.” [3.82]

Finality of Prophethood

We have said that despite the differences in details all Prophets have delivered the same message and belonged to the same ideological school. The principles and teachings of this school were explained to human society gradually in proportion to its development till the humanity reached the stage when the entire teachings in a comprehensive form were presented. At this point Prophethood came to an end. The Holy Prophet, Muhammad bin Abdullah (Peace be on him and his progeny) was the person through whom the complete ideology was conveyed, and the Holy Qur'an was the last celestial Book. The Holy Qur'an itself says: "In truth and justice has been perfected the word of your Lord. None can change His words." (Surah al-An'am, 6:115)

There is no need for another Prophet because Allah revealed the Qur'an to Prophet Mohammad where all the was needed was written and preserved unlike the past where the message was lost and had to be retold over and over due to man intellectual immaturity.

Also all the Prophets with the exception of few where preaching prophets, only a few were law-giving prophets.

1 - Adam and Eve - Our Father and Mother

Prophet: Adam Wife: Hawwa (Eve) Children: Abel & Cain / Iqlima & Loza Enemy: Ibis Surah: Al-Baqara 2:30-38, Al-Maeda 5:27-31

-Adam made from Clay. Iblis refuses to prostrate to Adam, Iblis is Cursed.

-Shaped like a man and the shape remained sleeping for a long time. Everything else progresses as usual, birds flew, trees went thru their seasons, sun and moon rose and set.

-By His Mercy, Allah breathed life into the clay statue; the statue sneezed and said "Alhamdulilah (Praise be to Allah)."

-Allah ordered Angles, to prostrate to Adam. They did.

-Jinn, who were created six thousand years ago from fire, and one Iblis, refused to prostrate.

-Adam and Eve invited to live in Garden. Iblis deceives them to come near the tree of 'immortality'. This was against the instruction given to them.

-Adam and Eve sent down to Earth. Adam to Mt Sarandib (Ceylon Island = Sri Lanka)

-Eve sent to Al-Marwa Mountain in Mecca.

-Iblis sent to valley of Basrah, near the waters of Gulf.

-Cain wants to rule over Abel because Cain is stronger and bigger, hence kills him. Al-Maeda 5:27-31

-Adam cries for 40 days and is given the good news of Sheet, his new son.

-Adam dies after a life of 1000 years.

-Fatime AzZahra (RA) has said "O Allah bless Mohmammad and his family, and bless our father Adam and mother Eve."

2 - Noah - The Ark

Prophet: Noah Wife: Unbeliever and a spy Children: All except one believed him Enemy: Rich and Strong Surah: Noah 71:1-28, Date: ~2500 BC

-Lived in the land of the two rivers, Tigers and Euphrates

-People worshipped idols made of stone named: Wadd, Sawa, Yaghuth, Ya'uq and Nasr.

-Noah curses the unbelievers "My Lord, Do Not leave on earth any unbelievers, " (71:26-27)

-After 950 years of preaching, Noah, a carpenter starts to build the Ark, inspired by Allah.

-Ark was 200 Meters long, 70 Meters Wide, 25 Meters High and 8 years to build.

-Thunder and Rain started, lasted 40 Days. His wife and one son refused to board. (Called his son 3X to come).

-Animals embarked in pairs. Family and friends joined

-When Angel of death ask him about his life, he replies:

"My life in this world was as this movement from the sunshine to this shade."

-1951 Archaeologist found a wooden tablet on Mt Qaf believed to be from Noah's Ark.

-The tablet is translated to read "Help me for the sake of these Sacred Names: Mohammad, Alia, Shabur, Shabir and Fatime. They are all great and honorable. The world is standing for them. Help me for these names. Only You can guide me to the straight path." -Translated by Ef Max, Professor of ancient languages at Manchester University in UK.

3 - Hud - The Storm of Anger

Prophet: Hud Enemy: Tribe of Ad Surah: Hud 11:50-60

-Area of al-Rub al-Khalil, area has no water or plants but not always like this. City of Iram.

-Tribe of Ad lived on pastures, agriculture and fruits of gardens; they believed all this from idols.

-Dry season started and lasted for years but people refused to turn to Allah for help.

-Then dark clouds formed brining strong, cold and dry wind carrying SAND for 7 Days.

4 - Salih - With Allah's She-Camel

Prophet: Salih Enemy: Tribe of Thamud Surah: Al-Araf 7:73-78

-Strong and rich of tribe of Thamud worshipped big rocks and refused Prophet Salih.

-They said "We won't believe you till you bring a she-camel out of the center of the rock."

-Prophet made a Dua. The rock broke and a pregnant she camel appeared.

-After three days, the she-camel gave birth to a young he-camel.

-People of Thamud divided into groups, believers and unbelievers.

-Nine of the unbelievers plotted and killed the she-camel and the baby he-camel.

-Strong thunder and lightening, that lasted 3 days, destroyed the tribe of Thamud.

-In year 9AH, Moslems' Army headed for Tabuk, the Prophet pointed out the ruins of tribe of Thamud and the spring where Prophet Salih's she camel drank from.

5 - Ibrahim - The Destroyer of Idols

Prophet: Ibrahim Wife: Sarah and Hajir Children: Ismail and Isaq Enemy: Namrud b. Kanan Surah: Al-Baqarah 2:258-260 Date: ~2000 BC

-People worshiped Mardukh-god of gods, Ay-god of Justice, Seen-god of heaven, Ishtar, Sun, Moon and Venus.

-Ibrahim lived in his grandfathers house Azar, an astrologer and idol maker.

-One spring, Ibrahim pretended to be ill and did not join the people going out of the city to celebrate, instead he destroyed all the idols except the biggest one and placed an axe on the its shoulder.

-Ibrahim, when asked who did this, blamed the big idol with the axe. When rebuffed that these gods can't talk, he then said why do you then worship him?

-Everyone decided to punish him, even Azar, all except his cousins, Sarah and Lot.

-Namrud debates with Ibrahim, acts like god, killing one prisoner and freeing another, then Ibrahim asks, can make the sun rise in the east, like my Lord?

-Story of the four birds slaughtered and placed in different mountains, then with Allah's permission, they all regained life and came to Ibrahim.

-Namrud, not convinced, decided to punish Ibrahim by throwing in the fire. Fire was so hot that they could not come near it so the decided to use a catapult."

-Allah gave ability for the fire to burn and likewise took away that ability when Ibrahim was thrown into it.

-O Fire! Be comfort and peace for Ibrahim." The fire burned for days and nights, when finished Ibrahim was inside alive."

*-Ibrahim marries his believing cousin, Sarah. Sarah was rich and gave all her belongings to Ibrahim.

-Namrud expels Ibrahim from Babylon. Ibrahim, his wife Sarah and Lot went to Egypt.

-Ibrahim pays 10% of his property to the king of Egypt to enter Egypt, but the collector also wanted Sarah for the king.

-The king of Egypt wanted to touch Sarah and Ibrahim prayed to Allah to protect so the hand of the king become paralyzed.

-The king requested Ibrahim to have mercy and cure his hand. The king was cured and in return the king gave Sarah and Ibrahi, servant, Hajir.

*-Ibrahim went to Khalil, Palestine. On the way, he asked his cousin Lot to preach to the people of Sadum, at the coast of the Dead Sea.

-Since Sarah did not bear children, she gave Hajir to Ibrahim to marry to bear a child. Hajir gave birth to Ismail. Ibrahim was 87 years old.

-Allah ordered Ibrahim to take Hajir and Ismail to land of Hijaz (Saudi Arabia) He was ordered to leave them there and return to Palestine.

*-The Three Guests - after serving them food, Ibrahim noticed that they did not eat, he became worried. They were angels.

-The three guests told Ibrahim that there are sent by Allah to punish the people of Sadum, except Lot and his daughters.

-Then he asked, why have the angels come to see him. They advised him of the good news of a son from Sarah, even though she is so old.

*-Ibrahim returns to Hijaz to visit his wife Hajir and son Ismail. Together, Ismail and Ibrahim built Kaaba.

-When the Sacred House was built, a sacred stone from heavenly garden was sent, Black Stone.

*-the Final Test - After the House was built, Ibrahim and son Ismail performed the first Hajj.

-Ibrahim had a dream that he had to slay his son and offer him to as sacrifice to Allah. As Prophets dreams are all true, he had to fulfill it.

-Ibrahim was sad but Ismail re-assured him that it is the will of Allah and Ismail is willing to bear pain to complete Allah's will.

-Ismail was very brave but what bothered him was that this would be very difficult for his father if he sees him struggle and resist so he told his father to tie his hands and legs strongly and slay me quickly. In tears, prophet Ibrahim obliged and as he was ready to complete the job,

-Ibrahim heard a heavenly call saying "Ibrahim, your dream was true. Allah orders you to slay a ram instead of Ismail.”

-At that moment Ibrahim saw a ram descending from the mountain. He sacrificed the ram and he and Ismail completed the Hajj.

-Cutting our nails, hair and circumcising has been passed on from Prophet Ibrahim.

-Prophet Moses and Prophet Jesus are from the Progeny of Prophet Isaq. Prophet Mohammad is from the progeny of Prophet Ismail.

-Prophet Ibrahim died of old age 120 or more. His two sons buried him in Khalil, Palestine. His shrine still exists.

6 - Lot - The Sky Rained Meteors

Prophet: Lot Wife: An Unbeliever Children: Believing daughters

Enemy: People of Sadum Surah: Ash-Shuara 26:160-175

-The three angels that visited Ibrahim left to punish the people of Sadum, group of villages in the coast of Dead Sea of Jordan.

-People of Sadum had a tradition of attaching travelers, robbing them and abusing their women.

-Three angels in human form came, as guests to Lot but Lot had to hide them from the villagers.

-Lot's wife decided to inform the villagers by lighting a fire on the roof to indicate guests were in the house.

-The people came demanding to take the guests, by force if necessary.

-Then guests themselves opened the door and informed Lot they are not guests, they are Allah's messengers. Asked Lot to leave with his family.

-The three Angels pointed their fingers at the people of Sadum and wonderful light came out and all men became blind and lost their sight.

-Volcano erupted throwing rocks everywhere and Lots wife turned into a piece of Salt.

7 - Ismail - The Slaughtered One

Prophet: Ismail Mother: Hajir Surah: As-Saaffat 37:83-110

-After Ibrahim left Hajir and Ismail in Hijaz, a place where no birds flew and no one passed the valleys.

-She made a tent, days passed and Ismail cried out of thirst so Hajir started to look for water.

-She ran between al-Safa Mountain and al-Marwa mountain in search of water, coming back to Ismail only in fear an animal might eat him as he was crying.

-The next time she ran back to him, she saw a spring of water at the feet of Ismail, this is now known as Zamzam.

-Seeing the water, birds were attracted to it, seeing the birds, travelers were attracted to it, tribe of Juhrum arrived.

-Ibrahim returned and together with Ismail they built the Kaaba, 8 meters high walls. Hajir provided the clothes to cover the Kaaba.

-Ibrahim receives dream to slaughter his son but is troubled by it. SEE STORY ABOVE IBRAHIM.

-Mohammad has said "I am the Son of the two Slaughtered Ones"-referring to Ismail who was about to be slaughtered and another, Muhammad's father Abdullah was about to be slaughtered.

"Abdullah, father of Mohammad who was about to be slaughtered when his father Abdul-Mutalib asked for ten sons and if accepted (this after the incident of Abbail and the Elephant as appreciation of victory over Ibraha, and whereby Kaaba being saved) he would slaughter one, the lot came on Abdullah, then the people tried to convinced him not to do it but to draw a lot between Abdullah and ten camels, again it came on Abdullah and the then between Abdullah and 100 camels, then lot came on the camels and all 100 were slaughtered and given to poor and hungry
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
8 - Yousif - The Very Truthful

Prophet: Yousif Enemy: Zulaykha and the 10 Brothers Surah: Yousif 12:4-100

-Sarah gives birth to Isaq. Isaq had a son named Yaqub, also a prophet. Yaqub had ten son: Shamon, Lawi, Rawbin, Yahudha (Judah where the word Jew is coined out, both ethnically first and religiously), Yasakir, Zobolon, Dan, Naftali, Jadu and Ashir.

-Then Yaqub married his cousin, Rahil, and she bore Yousif and Benyamin. All total he had 12 sons.

-Yaqub loved Yousif the most as he was the highest in all qualities and very handsome. The other 10 envied him much.

*-Yousif had a beautiful dream when very young about 11 stars prostrating to him plus the sun and moon prostrating too. His father told him that Allah will choose you as a prophet but that he should not tell any of his brother for they will have envy.

-Yaqub did not trust his ten older sons but they convinced him to allow them to take Yousif to play. They plotted to kill by throwing him into a well. Before that they took his white shirt and stained with blood from a baby lamb they killed pleading with their father that a wolf ate him. But his father did not believe them, as the shirt was not torn in at all.

-After3 days a caravan passed by throwing a bucket into the well to get water and Yousif was saved. The tribe thought he was a run a way kid and decided to sell him in the market.

-Commander in chief of Egypt purchased him for 20 dinars.

-He lived in a big palace where the wife of the commander wanted him to do personal favors as he was very handsome but he refused and so she alleged that he touched her so Yousif was imprisoned. Her name was Zulaykha.

-Yousif was released after he interpreted the king's dream predicting major economic hardships unless they prepare in advance but did not want to leave until Zulaykha admitted that he was never guilty.

-The king then made Yousif the leader of economy of Egypt taking care of Agriculture and irrigation and then chief off Egypt.

-People of Egypt loved Yousif for saving them from seven years of drought and for his irrigation plans.

-Egypt's prosperity forced many other villages that suffered from the drought to come to Egypt for Seed, a group of then were his 10 brothers who did not recognize him.

-He reunited with his father Yaqub, his mom and young brother and the 10 year old brother, but only after teaching them a lesson and at the end forgave them.

-When they all saw him together in the tent, Yousif then recalled the dream of the 11 stars, sun and moon bowing to him, 11 brothers and father and mother.

-The children of Prophet Yaqub and Prophet Yousif were then recognized as children of Israel. Prophet Yousif was buried in Palestine.

9 - Ayyub - Frequent in Returning to Allah

Prophet: Ayyub Wife: Rahma Enemy: Satan and the People of Hawran Surah: 21:83-84 and 38:41-44 Date: ~500 BC

-Lived in the land of Hawran 2500 years ago, married to Rahma, who was also Yousif's child, like Ayyub. They lived in a large house with many children.

-Satan whispered to the people that Ayyub is afraid Allah will take away his farm and property and this is why he serves Him and if misfortune inflicts him he will stop worshipping Allah.

-Allah wanted to test Ayuub and to prove his integrity to the people. Ayyub told his wife to be patient as Allah tests the heart of all prophets!

-He told all his slaves and workers to leave the house even though did not want to leave him.

-Fire and thunder burned his entire house and property and all his children died, everyone except his wife, Rahma. 7 boys and 3 girls died.

-Satan then started to whisper that Ayyub has committed sins and this is why he is being punished. And so that people told Ayyub to leave their village.

-They removed him by force afraid that Allah's curse will hit them also, forgetting all the kindness Ayyub had done for them in the past. The forced him in the desert.

-His wife Rahma worked from house to house to get bread for her husband and then one day they even refused to give her work so she could not take bread to Ayyub.

-Ayyub prayed "Lord, I'm satisfied with your Decree! Good is in your hand! You have the power over all things! My healing is in your hands! My sickness is in your hand! Only you can heal me. Satan tries to whisper evil to me!

-Allah accepted his prayer and told that him that Allah will reward him for his patients. Ayyub hit the ground with his feet and a water spring started to flow. The land around him became green. The same water irrigated the graves of his children and they all returned to life!! Everything returned to the way they were 7 years ago.

10 - Younis - Journey in the Deep Water

Prophet: Younis (Jonah) Enemy: People of Naynawa Surah: As-Saaffat 37:139-148

-He lived in the city of Naynawa near the river of Tigris. The people worshiped idols and did not listen to him so he told them that Allah would punish them if they don't stop worshipping idols.

-He became angry and left the people for the Mediterranean Sea as he thought Allah would punish the people of Naynawa.

-After he left some dark clouds formed and the people recognized them as signs of Allah's anger so they returned to worshipping Allah.

-Younis was not aware of their return and wondered why Allah had not yet punished them. He went to the sea and boarded a passenger boat.

-In the sea a whale challenged the boat and the captain determined they must feed it a person. The lot came to Younis' name and he agreed to jump in the sea.

-While in the stomach of the whale he regretted his decision and prayed, "There is no god but You. Glory belongs to You. Surely I was among those who wronged themselves." And prayed this prayer while days and nights passed.

-Allah directed the whale to an Island where Younis was released but he was very sick so Allah grew a special plant, Gourd, that he fed on and was completely cured. Plan=Gourd plant, used for skin and strength help.

-He returned to Naynawa and lived happy with the people.

11- Shuyab - To Maydan

Prophet: Shuyab Children: Daughter married to Musa b. Umran Enemy/Ruler: People of Maydan and Al-Ayke as cheaters in business Surah: Al-Araf 7:85-93

-Lived in Maydan, now known as Ma'an in Jordan. The people were very prosperous and rich but also unbelievers and worshiped idols.

-A major character was they cheated a lot, in buying and selling.

-Shuyab warned of this but they got upset and accused of him of lying and threatened to kill him.

-Shuyab left them and went neighboring village of al-Ayka. These people were the same as Maydan and accused him of lying and magic. He went back to Maydan.

-In Maydan they started to hurt Shuyab and his followers and Shuyab prayed, "Our Lord, decide between us and our people with truth. You are the best of deciders"

-The next evening an earthquake occurred and turned Maydan to ruins and saved only the believers. City of Al-Ayka was also destroyed.

-When he was an old man, his two daughters grazed the cattle and where ashamed to water near the male shepherds and young man of 30n years helped them, he was from Egypt, his name was Musa b. Umran.

[7.85] And to Madyan (We sent) their brother Shu'aib. He said: 0 my people! serve Allah, you have no god other than Him; clear proof indeed has come to you from your Lord, therefore give full measure and weight and do not diminish to men their things, and do not make mischief in the land after its reform; this is better for you if you are believers:

12 - Musa - The Crossing

Prophet: Musa Wife: Daughter of Shuyab Enemy/Ruler: Pharaoh Surah: Yunus 10:91-95 Time: 1500-1000 BC

-During the time of Pharaohs, people worshipped all kinds of animals, stars and idols.

-Pharaoh at that time was Minfitah, son of Ramsis. He tortured the Children of Israel the most.

-Pharaoh killed all babies after fortunetellers told of a boy that would grow up and kill him.

-Yokabid gave birth to Musa and in the same year gave birth to Harun. Their older sister took good care of them.

-Afraid the Pharaoh's men will take Musa, inspired by Allah, she put him in box and let him go in the Nile river.

-Asya, Pharaoh's wife, was a good woman and did not like the actions of her husband.

-Asya found Musa and pleaded with the Pharaoh to keep the boy, as she had no children.

-Musa wept loudly and Asya looked for a woman who could nurse and he accepted no one until his real mom approached, hiding her identity.

-People did not become suspicious as she was suckling Harun so she couldn't possibly be the mom.

-As he grew he learned of his roots and was very displeased at how the guards treated the slaves and he defended the slaves at times

-At one instance of defense of an Israeli, he killed an Egyptian soldier and hence was wanted so he ran away as Pharaoh wanted to kill him, by now Pharaoh new that Musa was the promised messiah.

-Musa took a boat to cross the Nile and went to Maydan, an area between Hijaz and Egypt.

-This is when he helped the daughters of Shuyab water their cattle as the bigger/stronger were taking advantage.

-The daughters told the story to their father; Shuyab and he invited Musa to his house, employed him and married him to one of his daughters, and agreed to work for 10 years. Musa became 40 years old. (28:27)

-He decided to go back to Egypt to free the Israelites. On his way back, Allah spoke to him: "Take off your shoes. Surely you are in the sacred valley, Tuwa." Then, "Musa, cast down your rod" -the rod turned into a fearful snake.

-Here Musa asked Allah to go with Harun's help to Pharaoh and Allah accepted.

-Musa approached Pharaoh with Harun and asked that he be allowed to the Israelites with him.

-Musa challenged the Pharaoh with his proof of Allah by showing his rod that turned to a snake and the light from his hand so Pharaoh invited all the top magicians to challenge Musa.

-Musa snake swallowed all their rods and ropes. They believed Musa was right and started to prostrate to Allah, this made Minfitah very upset.

-Asya believed in Musa and refused to w/draw her faith so Pharaoh punished her so much that she died from all injuries.

-One night Musa gathered together the Children of Israel and went toward the sea while Pharaoh men on horses chassed them.

-As they were about to be captured, Angel Jibrael arrived and asked Musa to "Hit the sea with your rod" - the sea divided in two parts. They crossed and Pharaoh himself continued after them and while they were half way there, the water collapsed on them and Pharaoh then yelled "I have believed there is no god except Him in Whom the Children of Israel believed, and I am among those who have submitted (to Him). And Pharaoh heard a voice "What Now! And indeed you disobeyed before and you were of the mischief-makers."

[10.90] And We made the children of Israel to pass through the sea, then Pharaoh and his hosts followed them for oppression and tyranny; until when drowning overtook him, he said: I believe that there is no god but He in Whom the children of Israel believe and I am of those who submit.

[10.91]"What now!" and indeed you disobeyed before and you were of the mischief-makers.

-Later the water delivered the Pharaoh as a motionless corpse. People made a mummy for him and buried him.

-20th century doctors concluded that Minfitah died of drowning.

-While walking on the sand, the followers became thirsty and asked Musa to ask Allah for water. Musa hit his rod on some stones and out came 12 springs of water, one for each tribe.

-Some saw a tribe worshipping idols so they asked Musa to make them god as they have gods. Musa became very angry.

-They asked Musa "How can we worship Allah and we do not see him. Musa replied that you saw his signs.

-Allah asked Musa to stay at Mt al-Toor for one month.

-While he was gone, the Children of Israel created a golden calf and refused to listen to Harun to not idol worship. The creator of the calf was al-Samiri who had seen the angel horse at the time of Pharaoh's death on the sea.

-Meanwhile, Allah gave Musa the tablets. On his return he was very angry and burned the golden calf.

-70 people asked to see Allah at the Mt al-Toor and to witness the revelation of the Torah. Musa warned of the consequences but they insisted so thunderbolts broke in they sky and attacked the 70 people and they died.

-After Musa's plea, again Allah forgave the Children of Israel,

-Story of the Cow to determine whom the murderer was, the asked many questions, finally killed the cow and the murdered person became alive to tell them who killed him.

-Story of Al-Khadir (Elijah) "You cannot be patient with me…"…:

-Allah orders Musa to go to the Sea to learn from a servant of Allah

-Musa went w/Youshi bin Noon and Allah told him that the first sign will be when the fish they take to eat will be lost. After a certain period of rain, the fish recovers its life and leaves. There they meet a man.

-Man asked Musa if he was the Prophet of Children of Israel. Musa was amazed and sure he found the right person.

-Musa asked to learn from him but the man said that you would not be patient with me.

-Musa insisted to with the condition that Musa would not question the wisdom of his deeds until he tells him.

-1st they board a boat and the man (al-Khadir, a prophet) made a hole in the boat. Musa got upset but the man reminded Musa of the agreement not to ask.

-Then the man helped a group rebuild a wall and refused to accept money for it even though they were hungry. Again the man reminded Musa of their agreement and told Musa that Musa would not be patient with him. Then he explained his actions:

-He said he put a hole on the boat bcs there was an oppressive king there and seeing the whole he would not take this boat and these people can fix it later.

-The wall belongs to two orphans. Their father has buried treasure for them and Allah does not want anyone to take until they grow up. (If they wall fell, treasure would have been reveiled.)

The Jews do not follow the Torah of Moses. The original is lost. They follow another book they created call Talmud. In it they say:

1) Jews are the chosen people, others are like animals.

2) Jews must rule, even if it means undermining others.

3) Jew is permitted to steal from non-jew.

4) Jew can cheat non-jew, take usury, and force non-jew to sell to jew his belongings.

13 - Story of Taloot and Jaloot

Prophet: Taloot Enemy/Ruler: Jaloot Surah: Al-Baqara 2:247-251

-Harun died and then Musa died.

-Musa had put the Torah and the tablets in a box and gave it to Youshi bin Noon, the Prophet who succeeded them.

-Youshi led them in a war against the unbelievers in the holy land and captured it. Then Youshi died.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
-The Children of Israel became weak and lost the holy land to the Egyptians.

-Jaloot ruled the land.

-Armiya was sent as a prophet to the children of Israel.

-Armiya informed them that Taloot had been chosen as a Prophet for them. Taloot was the son of Benjamin, Yousif's younger brother. Taloot was poor and didn't believe people would follow a poor person.

-Taloot led an army against Jaloot but on the way warned his soldiers that they will be tested.

-He told them not to drink from the water from the river but some of them could not resist and rushed to the water. Those who drank water became afraid of Jaloot and did not want to fight but the ones who did not drink were not afraid of Jaloot's large and organized army.

-Taloot announced that whoever can fit into Musa's breastplate would kill Jaloot. Many wore it but it only fit Dawood.

-Dawood, a young boy, attacked Jaloot without a spear, sword or weapons except a sling and rock and killed Jaloot hence they defeated Jaloot's army.

-When Taloot was about to die, he appointed Dawood as king.

[2.251] So they put them to flight by Allah's permission. And David slew Jalot, and Allah gave him kingdom and wisdom, and taught him of what He pleased. And were it not for Allah's repelling some men with others, the earth would certainly be in a state of disorder; but Allah is Gracious to the creatures.

14 - Story of Dawood and Sulayman

Prophet: Sulayman Enemy/Ruler: … Surah: Al-Naml 27:19-44

-Dawood received the Zabur and was known to have a beautiful voice and could communicate with birds, he was a prophet for 40 years.

-He had a baby son and called him Sulayman and appointed him a prophet when he was near death.

-Sulayman was a prophet, king and a wise man that not only communicated with animals and the Jin but also control over clouds and winds. Jinn were ordered to obey Sulayman.

-He created a big army of men and Jinn to build dams, a big throne, statues and bring treasures from the sea

-Incident when he prevented his army from crossing a valley where he heard ants running for their life, (Al-Naml 27:19-19)

-One of his birds (a hoopie) brings him news of Queen Balqis in Yemen in the Kingdom of Saba who worshiped the sun. He sends a letter to her via the bird to worship only Allah. (27:20)

-She sends gifts as a bribe to allow them to practice as they are so Sulayman rejected it and threatened them with war, as he wanted them to worship Allah

-Queen Balqis realized that war might result so she decided to visit Sulayman

-Sulayman decided to convince her of his power by bringing her throne in Yemen before she arrives in Palestine.

-Jinn and man competed to bring the throne and Sulayman chose the man as he (Asif bin Barkhiya) offered to bring the throne faster - Allah honored him and the throne was was in the royal court in the blink of an eye. (27:39-40)

-When the queen arrived and saw her throne there, her belief in Allah increased.

-Then when she went to the palace prepared for her, she thought the glass basin was filled with water so she bared her feet but realized it was made of glass! -This made her convinced man could not do this except Jinn with the help of Allah and submitted to Allah. (27:44)

-Jinn were afraid of Sulayman, as he was the only one who forced them the kingdom

-Sulayman leaned on his rod and watched the jinn worked. Allah took his soul while Sulayman was still standing so the Jinn kept on working, for weeks, until the woodworm ate the rod and Sulayman fell. Then jinn and man realized that they do not know the unseen.

15 - Story of Prophet Uzayr

Prophet: Uzayr Enemy/Ruler: … Surah: Al-Baqara 2:259 Time: 550 B.C.

-550 BC an oppressive king called Bakht Nasr ruled Babylon, he attacked the Jews and took Jerusalem.

-Korosh, king of Persia, fought Bakht and defeated him and conquered Babylon and made friends with Prophet Uzayr.

-Per request of Uzayr, Korosh allowed the Jews to return to Jerusalem and to re-write the Torah

-One day he was passing with his donkey over the forgotten city where bones of ancient people lay and he wondered how Allah would rerturn life to all these people, while eating grapes, he fell asleep and so did his donkey.

-People started looking for him but could not find him, meanwhile, his donkey turned to dust but the grape stayed as is during these 100 years. His grandsons grew old.

-Then he got his soul back and Jabriel asked him how long has he slept and he said just a day or so and Jabriel replied that he had slept for over 100 years and the proof was that his donkey and decayed and turned into bones.

-Jabriel told him that this was a sign for those who denied the raising of the dead.

-Then the donkey was put back together in front of him.

-He then went back to the village and only a 120-year-old lady recognized him after she gained her eyesight when Uzayr prayed that she get it back so that she could be a witness.

-He also showed them where the Torah was buried.

-The Jews started to believe the Uzayr was Allah's son

-In 161 BC, Antokius, ruler of Syria, attacked the Jews and burnt all copies of the Torah and that is when the real Torah was lost.

16 - Story of Prophet Umran

Prophet: Umran Wife: Hanna Enemy/Ruler: … Surah: Al-Imarn 3:36-49, Maryam 19:17-21 Time: 0-50 BC

-He had no child, wife Hanna was barren, and he prayed for son.

-Through a miracle she became pregnant and Umran was very happy.

-Umran passed away before his child was born.

-Hanna gave birth to a girl and she said, "My lord, I have given birth to a female, and the male is not like a female." (3:36)

-Allah inspired that her child will occupy an important role. She called Maryam "Worshipper or servant of the temple"

-Zakarya looked after her as his name came from the lot among the fortunetellers.

-He built a house for her in the sacred temple and was the only one allowed to visit her.

-One day, in a cold winter, Zakarya wanted to deliver food but saw a pile of dates, a summer fruit and she told him it was from Allah. And again in the winter she had oranges in her room.

-Zakarya prayed for a child. Then news came that from an angel "Zakarya, surely We have good news of a boy whose name shall by Yahya. We have not made before anyone his equal." And the Angel said as a sign you would not be able to speak for 3 days. And this indeed happened. (3:38-41)

-After the 3 days, he told his wife Elizabeth.

-One day when Maryam was alone, she saw light fill her room and saw a man and said to him "I seek refuge with Allah from you if you are pious." He replied "Maryam, don't be afraid. I am only a messenger of your Lord, so that I may give you a pure boy." Then he blew into her skirt and then the angel disappeared. (19:17-21)

-Later she gave birth to Prophet Isa and the baby spoke to her. She then went to the city with the baby but was instructed to not to talk to anyone but let Prophet Isa talk to the people.

-The people used obscene words against her.

-She then pointed to the baby for them to talk to and he said "I am the servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. Allah is my and your lord, so serve Him. Allah has blessed me; He has ordered me to pray and pay the poor-rate as long as I live. He has ordered me to pray the poor-rate as long as I live. He has ordered me to be kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed. So peace be on the day I was born, on the day I die, and on the day I am raised from the dead." (3:49)

-Then Yahya was born, another miracle.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
17 - Story of Prophet Yahya

Prophet: Yahya Enemy/Ruler: Hirodus Surah: ? Time: 0 AD

-Maryam, in fear of her life and her son's life, left for Egypt.

-Yahya explained to the people that Maryam has gone because children of Israel have turned away from the true religion.

-Hirodus, a Roman king, ruled Syria.

-He took his brother's wife by force because she was beautiful. Only Yahya opposed him saying "You have no right to marry your brother's wife." and he was imprisoned for it.

-Hirodus' new wife had a daughter and Hirodus fell for her, her name was Saloomi.

-He liked how she danced and offered her anything; she asked that he kill Yahya as Yahya will not allow her to marry Hirodus.

-They brought Yahya from jail and while he continued to tell Hirodus 'you cannot marry your brother's wife.'

-And then Yahya said it is unlawful for you to marry your stepdaughter so Hirodus ordered his head cut off.

-Yahya's head was cut off and the head rolled in the courtyard but the voice continued "It is unlawful for you! It is unlawful for you!"

18 - Story of Prophet Isa

Prophet: Isa Enemy/Ruler: Jewish Clargymen Surah: An-Nisa 4:157-158, Al-Maeda 5:115 Time: 30 AD

-He had no house, he lived in the wilderness and when hungry he would eat wild plants, leading a life of freedom and asceticism.

-Later declares the arrival of Ahmad Koran 61:6

-Fontius Flatos was the ruler of Palestine

-Caesar had ordered the rulers to fulfill the demands of the people in occupied regions if they did not harm the security of the Great Empire.

-Isa declared that the Jewish clergymen had distorted the Torah, deceived the poor and took their belongings as gifts for gods.

-In a debate with Jewish clergymen Isa gave life to a piece of clay that became a bird.

-12 men volunteered to help Isa after he called to ask who would help him

-Isa gives life to Azir after he sees his mother crying, Azir was also his friend.

-Isa washes the feet of his disciples to teach them how to treat other people.

-Disciples asked for food from Allah as a sign, Allah provided the food but with a warning: "Surely, I will send it down to you, but whoever shall disbelieve afterwards from among you, surely I will chastise him with a chastisement with which I will not chastise any one among the nations." (5:115)

-Isa helped guide fisherman to where they can find fish.

-Isa gave hearing to deaf kid who was being mocked by others.

-Isa cursed a leprous man who was being stoned and forced to leave the city.

-Isa said 'As for the comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom Father will send in my name, he will teach you everything and remind you of what I have said to you. (Johanna's Gospel)

-Also reminded them of when Allah spoke to Musa in the Torah "I will appoint to them a prophet like you from among their brothers, and I will put my words in his mouth, so he will tell them about all what I will trust to him." Torah, the Deuteronomy

-Filatos ordered the arrest of Isa with the persuasion of the Jews. He was arrested then released and wanted again after the Jewish clergymen sent letters to Caesar.

-But Isa went into hiding. He hid with his disciples in a farm. A reward was offered for his capture.

-Isa warned them that one of you will betray him.

-Yahudha al-Askharyuti reported on prophet Isa to get the prize.

-Allah wanted to punish Yahudha so Allah made his face look like Isa and lifted Isa to the sky and saved him. (4:157-158)

-The Roman soldiers took Yahudda and crucified him.

19 - The Youths of the Cave of Al-Raqim

Prophet: … Enemy/Ruler: Roman army, Emperor Trajan Surah: AL-Kahf 18:17-25 Time: 106 AD-408 AD

-Year was 106 AD, Roman armies occupied the land of Jordan, where the kingdom of Nabataeans was standing.

-In year 112 AD, Emperer Trajan gave an order: Those who follow Isa and refuse to worship the gods are disloyal to the state, so will be sentenced to death.

-At that time Amman was called Philadelphia- a city that had many statues, like statue of Athina, god of war, Taiki, god of luck - these are still in Amman Museum.

-Seven believing youths lived in that city, named:

1.Maximinyanius

2.Amlikhius

3.Motyanius

4.Danius

5.Yanius.

6.Aksa Kadtho Niyanius.

7.Antonius

-they had to choose between death under the Romans or escape the city as they refused to worship idols, so they escaped , with their dog, to a cave called al-Raqim, seven kilometers from the city.

-The youth and their dog fell into a deep sleep for many years.

-Emperor Trajan died and so did many others, so did emperor Diqyanius, who ruled from 285 to 305 AD.

-In 408 AD Emperor Theodosius embraced Christianity so it was safe for the youth to return from their sleep.

-In 412, after sleeping for 300 years, they woke up and had no idea they slept so long.

-One of them dared to go and buy food; worried the Romans guards would capture them. But the youth did not see the statues, the guards and clothes had changed, thought he lost his way.

-The youth tried to buy food with his gold coin but the merchant thought the youth found treasure and wanted access.

-The youth was taken to the emperor who asked him to lead him to the cave.

-Upon arrival, the youth goes to inform the other six of what happened and they realized that Allah has used them as a sign to show people to show that He can raise mankind from the dead. There they prayed that Allah take their sole as they belong to a different period of time.

-There is now a Masjid build there with seven coffins. The Masjid is between village of al-Raqim and village of Abu Alanda. Next to them is a small coffin, most likely for the dog.

-Koran says "And they remained in their cave three hundred years and nine." Koran (18:25) =300 sun years = 309 lunar years.

20 - The Attack of The Ababil - Companions of the Elephant

Prophet: … Enemy/Ruler: Ibraha, Ruler of Yemen Surah: Al-Fil 105:1-5 Time: 535 AD

-535 AD, Ibraha, the Abyssinian, ruler of Yemen, became independent of Abyssinian empire.

-Ibraha set his eyes on Hijaz to his north so that he could take the trade route and get near to the Romans, who supported him. (At that time there was a conflict between the Roman Empire and the Persian Empire. The Romans supported Ibraha in Yemen and the Persians supported the Christians & Jews.)

-Ibraha build a huge church and invited the Arabs but the Arabs preferred to visit the Kaaba so he became upset and decided to destroy the Kaaba.

-The only person left in Kaaba was Abdul-Mutalib, the grandfather of Prophet Mohammad, as others ran away in fear.

-Abdul-Mutalib was the one who dug the Well of Zamzam in 540 AD.

-He prayed to Allah to please protect the Kaaba.

-Ibraha asked Abdul-Mutalib what he wanted, and Abdul-Mutalib said that he wants his 200 camels back. Ibraha was surprised as to why he didn't to protect the Kaaba. Abdul Mutalib said, "I defend my camels, and my Lord defends His House."

-Ibraha sent a specially prepared white elephant to destroy the Kaaba but the elephant refused and instead kneeled down.

-Suddenly a black cloud of birds papered, called Ababil, carrying burning stones in their beaks and launching them on the soldiers of Ibraha. The birds killed the entire army and Ibraha ran away to Sana, his capital.

-Amina then gave birth to a baby boy and Abdul Mutalib named him Mohammad because he wanted him to be praised both in heaven and on earth. This was the year of the Elephant, the year of the birth of Prophet Mohammad.

Reference:

-The Best Koranic Stories by Kamal-as-Sayyid, Translated by Jasim al-Rasheed

-Commentary Tafsir Al-Mizan Vol 13 on Sura Al-kalf.

-Sadr al-Deen al-Balaghi,Qasas as-Quran

-Al-Munjid fi al Lugha wa Al-lam.

-Ahmed Ameen, al-Takamul fi al Islam.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan: The History of the Pure Arabs and the Arabized Arabs. Jurhum is a tribe from Yemen.

Location and Nature of Arab Tribes
Beyond a shadow of doubt, the biography of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) manifestedly represents an exhaustive embodiment of the sublime Divine Message that he communicated in order to deliver the human race from the swamp of darkness and polytheism to the paradise of light and monotheism. An image, authentic as well as comprehensive, of this Message is therefore only attainable through careful study and profound analysis of both backgrounds and issues of such a biography. In view of this, a whole chapter is here introduced about the nature and development of Arab tribes prior to Islam as well as the circumstantial environment that enwrapped the Prophet's mission.

Location of the Arabs
Linguistically, the word "Arab" means deserts and waste barren land well-nigh waterless and treeless. Ever since the dawn of history, the Arabian Peninsula and its people have been called as such.

The Arabian Peninsula is enclosed in the west by the Red Sea and Sinai, in the east by the Arabian Gulf, in the south by the Arabian Sea, which is an extension of the Indian Ocean, and in the north by old Syria and part of Iraq. The area is estimated between a million and a million and a quarter square miles.

Thanks to its geographical position, the peninsula has always maintained great importance, Considering its internal setting, it is mostly deserts and sandy places, which has rendered it inaccessible to foreigners and invaders, and allowed its people complete liberty and independence through the ages, despite the presence of two neighbouring great empires.

Its external setting, on the other hand, caused it to be the centre of the old world and provided it with sea and land links with most nations at the time. Thanks to this strategic position the Arabian Peninsula had become the centre for trade, culture, religion and art.

Arab Tribes
Arab kinfolks have been divided according to lineage into three groups:

Perishing Arabs: The ancient Arabs, of whose history little is known, and of whom were ‘Ad, Thamûd, Tasam, Jadis, Emlaq, and others.
Pure Arabs: Who originated from the progeny of Ya‘rub bin Yashjub bin Qahtan. They were also called Qahtanian Arabs.
Arabized Arabs: Who originated from the progeny of Ishmael. They were also called ‘Adnanian Arabs.
The pure Arabs – the people of Qahtan – originally lived in Yemen and comprised many tribes, two of which were very famous:

Himyar: The most famous of whose septs were Zaid Al-Jamhur, Quda‘a and Sakasic.
Kahlan: The most famous of whose septs were Hamdan, Anmar, Tai’, Mudhhij, Kinda, Lakhm, Judham, Azd, Aws, Khazraj and the descendants of Jafna — the kings of old Syria.
Kahlan septs emigrated from Yemen to dwell in the different parts of the Arabian Peninsula prior to the Great Flood (Sail Al-‘Arim of Ma’rib Dam), due to the failure of trade under the Roman pressure and domain on both sea and land trade routes following Roman occupation of Egypt and Syria.

Naturally enough, the competition between Kahlan and Himyar led to the evacuation of the first and the settlement of the second in Yemen.

The emigrating septs of Kahlan can be divided into four groups:

Azd: Who, under the leadership of ‘Imran bin ‘Amr Muzaiqbâ’, wandered in Yemen, sent pioneers and finally headed northwards. Details of their emigration can be summed up as follows:

Tha‘labah bin ‘Amr left his tribe Al-Azd for Hijaz and dwelt between Tha‘labiyah and Dhi Qar. When he gained strength, he headed for Madinah where he stayed. Of his seed are Aws and Khazraj, sons of Haritha bin Tha‘labah.

Haritha bin ‘Amr, known as Khuza‘a, wandered with his folks in Hijaz until they came to Mar Az-Zahran. Later, they conquered the Haram, and settled in Makkah after having driven away its people, the tribe of Jurhum.

‘Imran bin ‘Amr and his folks went to ‘Oman where they established the tribe of Azd whose children inhabited Tihama and were known as Azd-of-Shanu’a.

Jafna bin ‘Amr and his family, headed for Syria where he settled and initiated the kingdom of Ghassan who was so named after a spring of water, in Hijaz, where they stopped on their way to Syria.

Lakhm and Judham: Of whom was Nasr bin Rabi‘a, father of Manadhira, Kings of Heerah.

Banu Tai’: Who also emigrated northwards to settle by the so- called Aja and Salma Mountains which were consequently named as Tai’ Mountains.

Kinda: Who dwelt in Bahrain but were expelled to Hadramout and Najd where they instituted a powerful government but not for long , for the whole tribe soon faded away.
Another tribe of Himyar, known as Quda‘a, also left Yemen and dwelt in Samawa semi-desert on the borders of Iraq.

The Arabized Arabs go back in ancestry to their great grandfather Abraham [AWS] from a town called "Ar" near Kufa on the west bank of the Euphrates in Iraq. Excavations brought to light great details of the town, Abraham’s family, and the prevalent religions and social circumstances. [Tafheem-ul-Qur'an, 1/553]

It is known that Abraham [AWS] left Ar for Harran and then for Palestine, which he made headquarters for his Message. He wandered all over the area. When he went to Egypt, the Pharaoh tried to do evil to his wife Sarah, but Allâh saved her and the Pharaoh’s wicked scheme recoiled on him. He thus came to realize her strong attachment to Allâh, and, in acknowledgment of her grace, the Pharaoh rendered his daughter Hagar at Sarah’s service, but Sarah gave Hagar to Abraham as a wife. [Bukhari 1/474]

Abraham returned to Palestine where Hagar gave birth to Ishmael. Sarah became so jealous of Hagar that she forced Abraham to send Hagar and her baby away to a plantless valley on a small hill in Hijaz, by the Sacred House, exposed to the wearing of floods coming right and left. He chose for them a place under a lofty tree above Zamzam near the upper side of the Mosque in Makkah where neither people nor water was available, and went back to Palestine leaving with his wife and baby a leather case with some dates and a pot of water. Not before long, they ran out of both food and water, but thanks to Allâh’s favour water gushed forth to sustain them for sometime. The whole story of Zamzam spring is already known to everybody. [Bukhari 1/475]

[b]Another Yemeni tribe – Jurhum the Second – came and lived in Makkah upon Hagar’s permission, after being said to have lived in the valleys around Makkah. It is mentioned in the Sahih Al-Bukhari that this tribe came to Makkah before Ishmael was a young man while they had passed through that valley long before this event.

Abraham used to go to Makkah every now and then to see his wife and son. The number of these journeys is still unknown, but authentic historical resources spoke of four ones.

Allâh, the Sublime, stated in the Noble Qur’ân that He had Abraham see, in his dream, that he slaughtered his son Ishmael, and therefore Abraham stood up to fulfill His Order:

"Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allâh), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering); and We called out to him: "O Abraham! You have fulfilled the dream (vision)!" Verily! Thus do we reward the Muhsinûn (good-doers, who perform good deeds totally for Allâh’s sake only, without any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc. and do them in accordance to Allâh’s Orders). Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial — and We ransomed him with a great sacrifice (i.e. a ram)" [37:103-107]

It is mentioned in the Genesis that Ishmael was thirteen years older than his brother Ishaq. The sequence of the story of the sacrifice of Ishmael shows that it really happened before Ishaq’s birth, and that Allâh’s Promise to give Abraham another son, Ishaq, came after narration of the whole story.

This story spoke of one journey – at least – before Ishmael became a young man. Al-Bukhari, on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas, reported the other three journeys; a summary of which goes as follows:

When Ishmael became a young man, he learned Arabic at the hand of the tribe of Jurhum, who loved him with great admiration and gave him one of their women as a wife, soon after his mother died. Having wanted to see his wife and son again, Abraham came to Makkah, after Ishmael’s marriage, but he didn’t find him at home. He asked Ishmael’s wife about her husband and how they were doing. She complained of poverty, so he asked her to tell Ishmael to change his doorstep. Ishmael understood the message, divorced his wife and got married to the daughter of Mudad bin ‘Amr, chief of the tribe of Jurhum. [Qalb Jazeerat Al-Arab, p 230]

Once more, Abraham came to see his son, but again didn’t find him at home. He asked his new wife the same previous question, to which she thanked Allâh. Abraham asked her to tell Ishmael to keep his doorstep (i.e. to keep her as wife) and went back to Palestine.

A third time, Abraham came to Makkah to find Ishmael sharpening an arrow under a lofty tree near Zamzam. The meeting, after a very long journey of separation, was very touching for a father so affectionate and a so dutiful and righteous son. This time, father and son built Al-Ka‘bah and raised its pillars, and Abraham, in compliance with Allâh’s Commandment, called unto people to make pilgrimage to it.[/b]

By the grace of Allâh, Ishmael had twelve sons from the daughter of Mudad, whose names were Nabet, Qidar, Edbael, Mebsham, Mishma’, Duma, Micha, Hudud, Yetma, Yetour, Nafis and Qidman, and who ultimately formed twelve tribes inhabiting Makkah and trading between Yemen, geographical Syria and Egypt. Later on, these tribes spread all over, and even outside, the peninsula. All their tidings went into oblivion except for the descendants of Nabet and Qidar.

The Nabeteans – sons of Nabet – established a flourishing civilization in the north of Hijaz, they instituted a powerful government which spread out its domain over all neighbouring tribes, and made Petra their capital. Nobody dared challenge their authority until the Romans came and managed to eliminate their kingdom. After extensive research and painstaking investigation, Mr. Sulaiman An-Nadwi came to the conclusion that the Ghassanide kings, along with the Aws and Khazraj were not likely to be Qahtanians but rather Nabeteans. [Tareekh Ard Al-Qur'an 2/78-86]

Descendants of Qidar, the son of Ishmael, lived long in Makkah increasing in number, of them issued ‘Adnan and son Ma‘ad, to whom ‘Adnanian Arabs traced back their ancestry. ‘Adnan is the twenty-first grandfather in the series of the Prophetic ancestry. It was said that whenever Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] spoke of his ancestry he would stop at ‘Adnan and say: "Genealogists tell lies" and did not go farther than him. A group of scholars, however, favoured the probability of going beyond ‘Adnan attaching no significance to the aforementioned Prophetic Hadith. They went on to say that there were exactly forty fathers between ‘Adnan and Abraham [AWS]. [Rahmat-ul-lil'alameen 2/7-17]

Nizar, Ma‘ad’s only son , had four sons who branched out into four great tribes; Eyad, Anmar, Rabi‘a and Mudar. These last two sub-branched into several septs. Rabi‘a fathered Asad, ‘Anazah, ‘Abdul Qais, and Wa’il’s two sons (Bakr and Taghlib), Hanifa and many others.

Mudar tribes branched out into two great divisions: Qais ‘Ailan bin Mudar and septs of Elias bin Mudar. Of Qais ‘Ailan were the Banu Saleem, Banu Hawazin, and Banu Ghatafan of whom descended ‘Abs, Zubyan, Ashja‘ and Ghani bin A‘sur. Of Elias bin Mudar were Tamim bin Murra, Hudhail bin Mudrika, Banu Asad bin Khuzaimah and septs of Kinana bin Khuzaimah, of whom came Quraish, the descendants of Fahr bin Malik bin An-Nadr bin Kinana.

Quraish branched out into various tribes, the most famous of whom were Jumah, Sahm, ‘Adi, Makhzum, Tayim, Zahra and the three septs of Qusai bin Kilab: ‘Abdud-Dar bin Qusai, Asad bin ‘Abdul ‘Uzza bin Qusai and ‘Abd Manaf bin Qusai.

‘Abd Manaf branched out into four tribes: ‘Abd Shams, Nawfal, Muttalib and Hashim. It is, however, from the family of Hashim that Allâh selected Prophet Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib bin Hashim [pbuh].

Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] said:

"Allâh selected Ishmael from the sons of Abraham, Kinana from the sons of Ishmael, Quraish from the sons of Kinana, Hashim from the sons of Quraish and He selected me from the sons of Hashim." [Muslim 2/245; Tirmidhi 2/201]

Al-‘Abbas bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib quoted the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] as saying:

"Allâh created mankind and chose me from the best whereof, He chose the tribes and selected me from the best whereof; and He chose families and selected me from the best whereof. I am the very best in person and family." [Tirmidhi 2/201]

Having increased in number, children of ‘Adnan, in pursuit of pastures and water, spread out over various parts of Arabia.

The tribe of ‘Abdul Qais, together with some septs of Bakr bin Wa’il and Tamim, emigrated to Bahrain where they dwelt.

Banu Hanifa bin Sa‘b bin Ali bin Bakr went to settle in Hijr, the capital of Yamama. All the tribes of Bakr bin Wa’il lived in an area of land which included Yamama, Bahrain, Saif Kazima, the sea shore, the outer borders of Iraq, Ablah and Hait.

Most of the tribe of Taghlib lived in the Euphrates area while some of them lived with Bakr.

Banu Tamim lived in Basra semi-desert.

Banu Saleem lived in the vicinity of Madinah on the land stretching from Wadi Al-Qura to Khaibar onwards to the eastern mountains to Harrah.

Thaqif dwelt in Ta’if and Hawazin east of Makkah near Autas on the road from Makkah to Basra.

Banu Asad lived on the land east of Taimâ’ and west of Kufa, while family of Tai’ lived between Banu Asad and Taimâ’. They were five-day-walk far from Kufa.

Zubyan inhabited the plot of and between Taimâ’ and Hawran.

Some septs of Kinana lived in Tihama, while septs of Quraish dwelt in Makkah and its suburbs. Quraish remained completely disunited until Qusai bin Kilab managed to rally their ranks on honourable terms attaching major prominence to their status and importance. [Muhadrat Tareekh Al-Umam Al-Islamiyah 1/15-16]
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
*gulp* who's going to read all the above junk? shocked

Do you people think posting long tomes is the best way to wriggle out of your discomfort at the lie that is the quran?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

@Davidylan: The History of the Pure Arabs and the Arabized Arabs. Jurhum is a tribe from Yemen.

bullshit. I challenge you to show me a non-islamic source for this non-existent people. thanks
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2009
i know you to be a lazy reader. i could have summarized the whole thing, but i guess you will provide a christian excuse. hence i gave you the whole thing on a gold platter. read the darn thing, man.

darn; show me a none christian source that supports jesus as son of god, or god! ojoro man. you are full of wayos.

by the way how did you like the game yesterday? that was a nail biter, was it not it.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2009
there is a difference being a lazy reader and one who is too busy to bother reading through a pile of hogwash. You dont seem to have learnt how to write in school . . . you can say in a single paragraph all the nonsense you typed above if indeed you knew what you were saying.

Forget the game . . . who are these Jurhums and why has NO ONE ELSE in history but the quran heard about them?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
I bet you can't in one sentence, comprehensively convey what I had conveyed, above. Comprehensively, you give less information than expected. You have no insight of critical analysis.

By the way, until you are an arab historian, or provide a source from the historians, your argument is useless.

Last year or so, I met a person who is a yoruba from Liberia, or Sierra Leone. If for some reason there Yoruba became more popular than the present one in the West of Nigeria, does it therefore nullifies their being originally from the West of Nigeria? Or would it nullifies the yorubas who continue to remain in the West of Nigeria?

Something you can relate to; English language starts from England. Today the largest block of the speakers of that language having their bloodlines traced to England are not in England, but in North America; USA and Canada. Then Australia subcontinent; Australia and New Zealand.

Is England less English because of it? Is North American; USA and canada who are now even providing what we call Educated English less English? Considering that the uneducated amongst the English Britons speak Cocnie, are the educated Australian and New Zealanders not better English speakers?

And i know that you are extremely upset (LOL). I want you to remain upset. Jurhum tribe is in Yemen. Research it out. And by the way, the Jurhum tribe is not written in the Qur'aan. David, when you get upset, you lost all senses of thinking! Why?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by dalaman: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2009
I find it very difficult to understand how and why moslems confidently believe that Jesus Christ was a moslem? Where did you guys get this big lie from? I used to think it was funny but it is not any more.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

I bet you can't in one sentence, comprehensively convey what I had conveyed, above. Comprehensively, you give less information than expected. You have no insight of critical analysis.

By the way, until you are an arab historian, or provide a source from the historians, your argument is useless.

Last year or so, I met a person who is a yoruba from Liberia, or Sierra Leone. If for some reason there Yoruba became more popular than the present one in the West of Nigeria, does it therefore nullifies their being originally from the West of Nigeria? Or would it nullifies the yorubas who continue to remain in the West of Nigeria?

Something you can relate to; English language starts from England. Today the largest block of the speakers of that language having their bloodlines traced to England are not in England, but in North America; USA and Canada. Then Australia subcontinent; Australia and New Zealand.

Is England less English because of it? Is North American; USA and canada who are now even providing what we call Educated English less English? Considering that the uneducated amongst the English Britons speak Cocnie, are the educated Australian and New Zealanders not better English speakers?

And i know that you are extremely upset (LOL). I want you to remain upset. Jurhum tribe is in Yemen. Research it out. And by the way, the Jurhum tribe is not written in the Qur'aan. David, when you get upset, you lost all senses of thinking! Why?

All these tripe saying what exactly?

There is NO jurhum tribe in Yemen. Stop lying.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by babs787(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Dalaman

I find it very difficult to understand how and why moslems confidently believe that Jesus Christ was a moslem? Where did you guys get this big lie from? I used to think it was funny but it is not any more.

Keep deceiving yourself. I learnt that he was not a christian, so how come you are a christian and you claimed to be following him?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan: can you make any research, man? jurhum tribe is in yemen. they were there before ibrahim (as) was born!
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
dalaman:

1. They are not confident about it . . . if not they wont be repeating it like broken records every 2 seconds. If you know something is true you wont wage war to defend it.

2. They HAVE to believe it . . . the day they believe Jesus Christ is God is the day they realise their religion is nothing but a lie.

3. Islam is essentially not a religion, it is simply an opposition to christianity.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

@Davidylan: can you make any research, man? jurhum tribe is in yemen. they were there before ibrahim (as) was born!

Provide evidence. I have searched thoroughly, the only places where Jurhum is mentioned is in perhaps the hadith and muslim sites. There are no areligious anthropological or archeological evidence to back up this silly false claim.

Stop telling me to make research each time you cant prove your lies.

Even long extinct people like the assyrians and philistines are mentioned in history books, there are archeological proofs that they existed and we now know approximately where they could have lived. We even know that there was once a mighty Assyrian empire . . .

why do ONLY muslims know of these mysterious jurhums?

babs787:

@Dalaman

Keep deceiving yourself. I learnt that he was not a christian, so how come you are a christian and you claimed to be following him?

What a myopic idiot. Christianity is simply = Christ-Like.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by babs787(m): 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan

What a myopic idiot. Christianity is simply = Christ-Like.

I know you to be olodo when it comes to disccusing religion. You claimed that he was not a christian as christianity is a religion. So how come you are a chritian and can you tell me hoe you come about it/ When you are able to do that, I will show you that it was started by pagans with Jesus having knowledge of what christianity is all about. It was started after his demise.

Olodo number one. Christianity is NOT CHRISTLIKE BUT FOLLOWERS OF JESUS. Is he a christian?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

I know you to be olodo when it comes to disccusing religion. You claimed that he was not a christian as christianity is a religion. So how come you are a chritian and can you tell me hoe you come about it/ When you are able to do that, I will show you that it was started by pagans with Jesus having knowledge of what christianity is all about. It was started after his demise.

Olodo number one. Christianity is NOT CHRISTLIKE BUT FOLLOWERS OF JESUS. Is he a christian?

That is frankly a very stupid lie to tell. Go back and read Acts to see why the DISCIPLES (followers of Jesus) where first called Christians. Very simple - all through the book of acts the jews continously attacked the disciples for being clones of Jesus Christ.
Antioch was the very first place the term "christianity" was used and it was a label for those who were "Like Christ".

If Christians = followers of Jesus . . . then why did the jews and disciples wait almost 4-5 yrs in antioch before using the name? All the 3 yrs they were physically following Christ why didnt they use it?

slowpoke.

[size=13pt]By the way pls address our issue . . . if Ishmael is the father of arabs then how come the "Jurhums" were the ones who taught him arabic and arab culture?[/size]
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 02, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

what a lying idiot with no bone of honesty in you. no surprise there.

I have NEVER made the above claim as i have been most vociferous in maintaining that christianity is NOT a religion but a way of life. Enough of equating us to you.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by babs787(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan

Lets get down to business. Was he a christian during his time?
Did he worship in a church of jewish synagogue?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

Lets get down to business. Was he a christian during his time?
Did he worship in a church of jewish synagogue?

We've gone through this 200 times already and you have infact used my own responses to disturb other christians (cue one of your responses to dehomer on another thread). I wont tolerate diversionary tactics again from you dishonest sons of perdition.

[size=14pt]Back to the issue at stake which you wish desperately to sweep underground:

1. Who are the Jurhums and why does no one but muslims know them?

2. If Ishmael is the father of the arabs and mohammad his descendant . . . why does the hadiths and the prophet claim that Ishmael was taught arabic language and culture by the jurhums?
[/size]
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
One more question for that old noise-making alhaji . . .

You said that Abraham came from the land of Ur which truly is known to have existed in modern day Iraq.

What you may not know is that automatically invalidates the fraud that Abraham was an arab. He was NOT.

Ur was a thriving city of the Chaldeans during the time of Abraham . . . the Chaldeans are NOT arabs. Any history book will tell you this. It is also important to note that most chaldeans today are catholic NOT muslim.

Can muslims pls stop lying and borrowing other people's histories?
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
I know that David is so lazy (obun jebu, oni bon; am also Ijebu), that he can't even do a Wikipedia on Jurhum tribe or even Yemeni Tribes. I said before, his problem is facing his demon; truth. He had to force me to do his work, "research" for him.

Did you mean: what area in yemen does jurhum tribe people live?  

History of Yemen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaAccording to Arab tradition, the Semites of South Arabia integrated into Qahtan lineage 40 generations before the Qahtani Yemeni tribe of Jurhum adopted ,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Yemen - 125k - Cached - Similar pages
IslamOnline.net - Ibrahim's Call - Hajj 1

The Bar'an temple in Marib. Built in the 8th century BC and performed its function for nearly 1000 years.
Sabaean inscription addressed to the moon-god Almaqah, mentioning five South Arabian gods, two reigning sovereigns and two governors, 7th century BCE.
A Griffon from the royal palace at Shabwa, the capital city of Hadhramaut.The history of Yemen is especially important because Yemen is one of the oldest centers of civilization in the Near East.[1] Its relatively fertile land and adequate rainfall in a moister climate helped sustain a stable population, a feature recognized by the ancient Greek geographer Ptolemy, who described Yemen as Eudaimon Arabia (better known in its Latin translation, Arabia Felix) meaning "fortunate Arabia" or Happy Arabia. Between the 12th century BCE and the 6th century CE, it was dominated by six successive civilizations which rivaled each other, or were allied with each other and controlled the lucrative spice trade: M'ain, Qataban, Hadhramaut, Awsan, Saba and Himyarite.[2] Islam arrived in 630 CE, and Yemen became part of the Muslim realm.

The Yemeni desert regions (Rub' al Khali and Sayhad) were the core settlements of the Nomadic Semites that would migrate to the North, settling Akkad, later penetrating Mesopotamia,[3] eventually conquering Sumer by 2300 BCE, and assimilating the Amorites of Syria.

Some scholars[who?] believe that Yemen remains the only region in the world that is exclusively Semitic, meaning that Yemen historically did not have any non-Semitic speaking people. Yemeni Semites derived their Musnad script by the 12th - 8th centuries BCE, which explains why most historians will date all the ancient Yemeni kingdoms to the 12th - 8th centuries BCE.

[edit] 3000 BCE to the 8th century BCE
Mesopotamia became Semitic by 2300 BCE; previously it was Sumerian. Syrian Amorites were under Sumerian influence before being assimilated by the Semites circa 2300 BCE. Coastal North Africa became Semitic by 800 BCE via the Phoenicians. Prior to that, it was Berber. The Horn of Africa's first Semitic nation, Dʿmt, was a Yemeni settlement.

According to Arab tradition, the Semites of South Arabia integrated into Qahtan lineage 40 generations before the Qahtani Yemeni tribe of Jurhum adopted Ismail and 80 generations before Adnan was born, in the 23rd century BCE. After the fall of the Northern Semitic cultures, Qahtan revived the Semitic influence in the North through the famous Kahlan (Azd and Lakhm) and other Yemeni tribes migration into the North during the 3rd century AD after the first destruction of the Marib Dam.[4].

The Qahtani Semites remained dominant in Yemen from 2300 BCE to 800 BCE, but little is known about this era because the Semites of the South were separated by the vast Arabian desert from Mesopotamian Semites and they lacked any type of script to record their history. However, it is known that they actively traded along the Red Sea coasts. This led to contact with the Phoenicians and from them, the Southern Semites adopted their writing script in 800 BCE and began recording their history.[4]

The Tihama Semitic culture lasted from 1500-1200 BCE. During the late 2nd millennium BCE, a cultural Semitic complex arose in the Tihama region of Yemen and spread to northern Ethiopia and Eritrea (specifically the Tigray Region, central Eritrea, and coastal areas like Adulis). The Semites of Yemen began settling the Ethiopian highlands. These settlements would reach their climax by the 8th century BCE, eventually giving rise to the Dam't and Aksum kingdoms[5]

Did you mean: what area in yemen does jurum tribe people live?  

Bible Atlas: ArabiaThe name of the country does not occur in the Old Testament, , Thus the tribe of Jurhum left the Yemen on account of drought and settled in the Hijaz ,
bibleatlas.org/arabia.htm - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

4. Migration of Tribes:

Many of the most illustrious tribes are descended from Kahtan, and some of them still survive. A constant stream of migration went on toward the North. Thus the tribe of Jurhum left the Yemen on account of drought and settled in the Hijaz and the Tihama, from which they drove out the Amalekites, and were in turn driven out by Koda`a, another Kahtanite tribe. After that they disappear from history and are reckoned among the extinct tribes. Koda'a was a descendant of Himyar. The Himyarites founded, about the 1st century B.C., a kingdom which lasted for five centuries. The king bore the title of Tubba`, and the capital was successively Marib (Saba), Zafar and San`a. One of their monarchs was the queen Bilkis whom the Arabian historians identify with the queen of Sheba who visited Solomon, though she must have lived much later. The story of the meeting is given in the Koran, chapter 38. A chief occasion on which many of the tribes left the district Northeast of the Yemen was the bursting of the great dam, built by Lokman at Marib, about the 2nd century A.D. A section of these grew into the Arabian kingdom of Ghassan, whose capital was Damascus and many of whose kings bore the name Al-Harith (Aretas, 2 Corinthians 11:32). This kingdom lasted till the time of Mohammad (7th century) and was in alliance with the Roman and Greek empires. On the opposite side of the Syrian desert the Lakhmid kingdom of Al-Hira on the Euphrates (also of Kahtanite origin) was allied to Persia. The two Arabian "buffer-states" were almost constantly at war with one another.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Davidylan: « #90 on: Today at 08:22:33 PM »

One more question for that old noise-making alhaji . . .

You said that Abraham came from the land of Ur which truly is known to have existed in modern day Iraq.

What you may not know is that automatically invalidates the fraud that Abraham was an arab. He was NOT.

I never have said that Ibrahim (AS) was an Arab! Please if you know where I said it, please, show it to all Nairalanders. Lol. What we have always said is that Ibrahim was not "a Hebrew, Israelite, or Jew, by ethnic or religion!" We already know that he was not a Christian.

Ur was a thriving city of the Chaldeans during the time of Abraham . . . the Chaldeans are NOT arabs. Any history book will tell you this. It is also important to note that most chaldeans today are catholic NOT muslim.

Can muslims pls stop lying and borrowing other people's histories?

Don't burst a tube man. No one is interested about a tribe of "disbelievers." We are only interested in believers. Ibrahim (AS), was a believer! Thats that.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
More proof that Ishmael is NOT an arab and is NOT the father of muslims:

1. Hagar - She was an Egyptian - Genesis 16:3 And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.

- We know that Egyptians were black (pls see ancient Egyptians drawings on the tombs of their kings; Egypt was also called Kimet meaning "black"wink. Modern day REAL Egyptians (not arab invaders) are actually black.

2. Where did the Ishmaelites settle? the bible offers some proof that this was Paran in Egypt and NOT Mecca as we have been forced to believe - Gen 37:25And they sat down to eat bread: and they lifted up their eyes and looked, and, behold, a company of Ishmeelites came from Gilead with their camels bearing spicery and balm and myrrh, going to carry it down to Egypt.
26And Judah said unto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?
27Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.
28Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

- More proof that Ishmaelites settled somewhere around Egypt, were most likely black and have nothing to do with arabs of today.

I will post more proof including maps of were archeologists think Paran could have been situated later . . . hopefully they wont panic and lock this thread until we hear the conclusion of the matter.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

I know that David is so lazy (obun jebu, oni bon; am also Ijebu), that he can't even do a Wikipedia on Jurhum tribe or even Yemeni Tribes. I said before, his problem is facing his demon; truth. He had to force me to do his work, "research" for him.

History of Yemen - Wikipedia, the free

you can accuse me of anything but being lazy isnt one. Before i post a claim you best believe i read that wikipedia page well before hand.

1. Now you posted a quote from wikipedia (which to be honest is simply the lazy man's cop-out . . . this is the ONLY REFERENCE wikipedia provides for its false claim about Jurhum's in Yemen - http://www.thearabhistory.com/

- Please see the link for yourself and shake your heads in pity at these decietful people.

2. Funny enough the link itself contains absolutely ZERO reference to Jurhums.

3. Alhaji still hasnt answered the questions as to why Ishmael, the alleged father of the arabs, had to learn arabic language and customs from the Jurhums. Can you be a father of something you learnt from someone else? Well if you are a muslim that may be possible.

4. We have strong evidence that Ishmael's semitic lineage are NOT arabs but Africans.
Re: What Qur'an Says About Jesus by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2009
olabowale:

No i mean DID THEY EVEN EXIST AT ALL? Show us proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Sheikh Adam Abdullahi Al-alory / 20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / Lessons From Hadith 3 Of The Forty Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 327
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.