Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (41016 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
calebo101:

Do you know where I am?
ho I can see we are same. but this is my own opinion ,yours can be different from mine.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by all4gud(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
Who is interested if you come or not. Tell your story go the bird

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
CR77:
Guy na aduro give you

Or you marry old oyibo women

I need answer oo
na u I marry take get am tongue
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
all4gud:
Who is interested if you come or not. Tell your story go the bird
bad belle tongue
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by PAINGAIN: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Op number one reason why a lot of nigerians don't visit home is money, then papers. Some r wanted criminals in nigeria. So dey fear their village bcus of jaz,but d main thing is money.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
prettythicksme:
op all what u listed doesnt apply to all of them cos i have someone who is there.
use bible to beg him/her why dey refuse to come home
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
angelo82:
Ignorance is a disease..........Just don't say things that you don't know.......Your post is mis-guided...........Even if you have all your papers,Nigeria is still a place where you will think very well before going......Most people are smarter than before and traveling to them now is about cost and you just don't make a trip without consideration of serious intentions........Gone are the days of communication problem as you can now contact anyone at anytime........Hopefully Buhari will clean up Nigeria from Bokoharam and it could make it easier to come to Nigeria just for the fun of it........And most important reason is lack of adequate infrastructure which is hard to find in Nigeria.....No light and you want me to come home anyhow..........
you are ryt but before I tell you am going home , you should know am fully prepared and I am going for some reasons
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
libertyfather:
No wonder a friend of mine has travel to minna for tha past 8years he refuse to come back to Lagos till date..I will call to know which of this that hold him down
Thanks Op
I think d op was talking about pple OUTSIDE naija not those IN naija. Cos those reasons d op listed may as well not relate to ur friend in minna.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
softapple:
very correct@op "dats y we d big boys roll in and out of d country anyhow we like because MONEY ITS NO PROBLEM.
yez man you get it . bigboyz go an come nothing to fear
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Obiwannn: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
EggovinMma:
tongue
THEY SHOULD REMAIN THERE undecided undecided.
The boyfriends/husbands/magas et al we have here are way better. grin cheesy grin.
Even the ones wey finally come back, NA WETIN DEM DEY BRING?? angryCHOCOLATES AND CHEAP UK CLOTHES FROM PRIMAX cheesy cheesy.ADVANCED OKIRIKA! !! angry wink

If I want make cold catch me, I run my Ac down to 16 degree.Wear socks, cover my neck and hair, THATS ALL cheesy grin

If you want REAL MONEY, COME BACK TO NAIJA. MONEY DEY HERE.NA WHERE E DEY BE DE KOKO! cool cool LOOK FOR IT!!
How person go dey abroad dey suffer for nothing undecidedwhile if you wrap shiite for paper, you go still sale am for naija. grin grin

Make una stay there dey suffer na...Even if i marry today and my hubby is home based, I first grumble well well before I 'manage' comot here o. I LOVE NAIJA! ! OYIBO LIFE NO FIT ME RAARAA! kiss kiss

He will have to allow me travel with my mortal and pounding stick.I will also travel with one full bag of ogili and raw palm kernel tongue

Bur seriously, guys wey dey clean old oyibo women KPEKUS dat way for permanent permit, how una dey manage? Chai!! Some will do it for years, if them enter naija na to dey speak supre supre like HUMAN BEING!

This is pure beef!

6 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
Obiwannn:

This is pure beef!

Taaa a! !!
Na million dollar lottery? cheesy grin
Me no dey beef o.
Of course there are folks who are making it real good! Kudos to them. But the suffering ones, why beef them?
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
annoymous:

I don't know why people like throwing numbers when they don't have proof. I have been in the US for close to 2 years and I still don't know any nigerian illegal immigrant here. 78% Haba. The other points are on point though - excuse the pun.
you are talking abt only US wat abt other countries? don't just stay in one country and blv u know everything anyway Google is your friend
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by silami(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
just collected my resident permit card today and will be visiting nigeria august after 2yrs leaving my nation and a topic came my mind and will like to share with my fellow NL who have ppl overseas.

though i may not include some of the reasons but I am 100% sure of my own but you can include yours if you have.

jobless without a stable job:- yes, how can someone who is not eating 3 square meals remember ppl at home? this month he/she works and next month no job again and house rent ,water ,light etc are there to balance up.

Fraudster:- forget this kind of ppl and loose hope in them because they will never come home due to their crimes been committed within the country and he can't even near the airport if he is a wanted criminal. Abroad no be 9ja o ones they have your biometrics ,even if you bleach from black to green dey will get u.

Prodigal lifestyle ppl:- before you make up your mind living in abroad ,u must open your number 6 (brain) because life is too sweet abroad and this group of ppl spend there savings clubbing, partying,smoking, drinking and prostituting just frgt this kind of ppl dey can never remember home even if you tell them there parents are abt to die.

Illegal migrants:- 78% of Nigerians living abroad are living illegal ,majority came with 3weeks, 2month, 1month visas but will not have the chance to renew there visas until they finally meet up with the country requirements and mind you if you don't make the steps early enough, just forget visiting police station if you dont want to be deported. so this are the kind of ppl that spend more than 10years without visiting home.

The marriage scammers:- these group of ppl will never visit home because they have forcefully marry a citizen of the country dey reside just to get residence permit. oyinbo wife no be like nja o if you mention say u wan go your country ehh be ready to spend some weeks in jail cheesy

that's all I can write for now due to my experience and what I am seeing with my two eyes.

may God crown our hustle (Amen)

And how did you arrive at this percentage or you just woke up high, and decided to create your own statistics. Probably those are your experience, but majority stay away cos of security reasons and other challenges. Others are just too busy making there lives better and that of their families.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
yez man you get it . bigboyz go an come nothing to fear
i hail u bro

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
OK got mine with a school over here just paid the man some money and he gave me needed documents as a student but I am not attending the school.

not all Nigerians with residents permit marry to obtain it. you need to use your brain.

You don't know what you have but definitely not green card.

10 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Obiwannn: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
my sister if your documents are intact and you have a good job, u will like to visit home. life in abroad is not friendly . no place like my naija

Bros u lie....many peeps abroad fear to return for very obvious reasons. Not the Bs you wrote there

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Obiwannn: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Taaa a! !!
Na million dollar lottery? cheesy grin
Me no dey beef o.
Of course there are folks who are making it real good! Kudos to them. But the suffering ones, why beef them?

Lol aii

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
justwise:

You don't know what you have but definitely not green card.
hahahaha are you living here with me? or u know the rules and regulations of this country ni
school documents, house contract documents, evidence of fund etc. don't argue ppl if you don't know how dey made things

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
silami:
And how did you arrive at this percentage or you just woke up high, and decided to create your own statistics. Probably those are your experience, but majority stay away cos of security reasons and other challenges. Others are just too busy making there lives better and that of their families.
you and Google dey fight? is even more than
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
hahahaha are you living here with me? or u know the rules and regulations of this country ni
school documents, house contract documents, evidence of fund etc. don't argue ppl if you don't know how dey made things

Bro ask somebody close to you to help you explain the type of visa you have, it's not green card, you don't get green card under 2 years in US.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
justwise:

Bro ask somebody close to you to help you explain the type of visa you have, it's not green card, you don't get green card under 2 years in US.
did I mentioned the country I reside? stop being forward. I am not in the US OK?

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by abbey621(m): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
justwise:

Sure you do, marry a citizen, you get green card within 6 to 8 months.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
abbey621:

Sure you do, marry a citizen, you get green card within 6 to 8 months.

That is not route he claimed he went through
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
did I mentioned the country I reside? stop being forward. I am not in the US OK?

Ok...I see, since you are not even a student there....don't be in a hurry to visit Nigeria...you 'might' not be allowed into that country.

3 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by abbey621(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
What most people don't know about the U.S or abroad in general is that it can either be a dream or a nightmare. I have never seen a hardworking, smart and intelligent Nigerian fail to make it here, yes it will be difficult, yes it can be rough but most people end up being in a better state than they were when they left 9ja. Now back to the topic, many Nigerians here are forced to forget partially or completely about Nigeria due to the number of hours you have to spend at work, raising a family and so on. An average trip to Nigeria will cost you at least $3000 to $5000 dollars when you count ticket, hotel and other costs. Most Nigerians can't save that much in a year, in fact most Americans can't save that in a year. The real Nigerians suffering here are the illegal immigrants, they can't work a decent job, they can't leave the country and are constantly watching their backs. Hopefully with the emergence of a new Nigeria under GMB, many of the illegal immigrants can come back to 9ja and make something of their lives!

8 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
justwise:

Ok...I see, since you are not even a student there....don't be in a hurry to visit Nigeria...you 'might' not be allowed into that country.
good advise . well is a cooked deal cos I av my student id card so nothing to be scared abt dats how we roll it here.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by hijodedios: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
what is this one talking about? from which country are you posting from? maybe you can talk about your part of europe but definetly not my part,i dont agree with you at all in some of the points you raised,i do not know where you got your statistics from but its absolutely wrong,78 per cent of nigerians are what? well i will just say you are talking about yourself and not about nigerians living abroad,again did i hear you say being married to oyibo will make you not to go to nigeria? brother abeg talk what you know,thats absolutely not true.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
good advise . well is a cooked deal cos I av my student id card so nothing to be scared abt dats how we roll it here.

You will be in shock when they get you, you don't seems to know a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Baroba(m): 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
There folks locked up in prison for all sorts of crimes, even students on temporary visa are not exempted.

We do have our bad eggs here no doubt, but there a thousands of hard working professionals who are contributing immensely to the country the reside and also changing lives back home, let's not forget that.

I was born in the UK but grew up in Nigeria, I make it a habit of visiting 3 to 5 times a year as I do have businesses in Nigeria.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
Its the state of the mind that matters, some people went abroad and came back frustrated because it wasn't all what they were expecting. Like for instance, to me o. Naija better pass Jand(uk). Jand you go work, you no go fit save money. That's why many people in jand are stingy to send money home. My 4 years in jand is my biggest regret. I no go wish my enemy go there.Yes there are many illegal immigrants out there, but not sure of your percentage though .At the end of the day, its the state of the mind that matters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by sevule(m): 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
hijodedios:
what is this one talking about? from which country are you posting from? maybe you can talk about your part of europe but definetly not my part,i dont agree with you at all in some of the points you raised,i do not know where you got your statistics from but its absolutely wrong,78 per cent of nigerians are what? well i will just say you are talking about yourself and not about nigerians living abroad,again did i hear you say being married to oyibo will make you not to go to nigeria? brother abeg talk what you know,thats absolutely not true.

Why did you bother yourself responding to the poster? I stay in the US and I am yet to meet a single illegal Nigerian immigrant.
Where he concocted his facts from i have no idea.

@poster Where you dey live sef? Na Ethiopia abi na Albania?

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by LBTY(f): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
OK got mine with a school over here just paid the man some money and he gave me needed documents as a student but I am not attending the school.

not all Nigerians with residents permit marry to obtain it. you need to use your brain.

Oh please, cry me a river! Lighten up a little. Like I said before I was just messing with you.. I'm guessing you are not in the United States. All the same, congratulations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Made With Cow Head In Uganda (Photo) / Nigerian Men Should Be Investigated. They’re Outspending Everyone Here - UK Man / FFK: Anambra Airport, In Size And Design When Completed, Has Longest Runway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.