Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (41021 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by KingAzubuike(f): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
abbey621:
What most people don't know about the U.S or abroad in general is that it can either be a dream or a nightmare. I have never seen a hardworking, smart and intelligent Nigerian fail to make it here, yes it will be difficult, yes it can be rough but most people end up being in a better state than they were when they left 9ja. Now back to the topic, many Nigerians here are forced to forget partially or completely about Nigeria due to the number of hours you have to spend at work, raising a family and so on. An average trip to Nigeria will cost you at least $3000 to $5000 dollars when you count ticket, hotel and other costs. Most Nigerians can't save that much in a year, in fact most Americans can't save that in a year. The real Nigerians suffering here are the illegal immigrants, they can't work a decent job, they can't leave the country and are constantly watching their backs. Hopefully with the emergence of a new Nigeria under GMB, many of the illegal immigrants can come back to 9ja and make something of their lives!

7 years later, what can you say about this your statement?

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by abbey621(m): 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
KingAzubuike:

It was apparent after the first two years that GMB was a fantasy, e shock me how una still vote for am in 2019, wetin do una?
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by KingAzubuike(f): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
whitecat1:
Very funny! grin grin I don't believe that 75% Nigerians don't have at least green card. You can't do anything without being legal. And 10 years without going home The only reason those I know were afraid to go home last year is insecurity, but I trust Buhari to change that.
7 years later, has he finally changed this?
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Bugatie(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
:
KingAzubuike:

7 years later, has he finally changed this?

I saw what you did there comrade smiley
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by shege45: 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
abbey621:
What most people don't know about the U.S or abroad in general is that it can either be a dream or a nightmare. I have never seen a hardworking, smart and intelligent Nigerian fail to make it here, yes it will be difficult, yes it can be rough but most people end up being in a better state than they were when they left 9ja. Now back to the topic, many Nigerians here are forced to forget partially or completely about Nigeria due to the number of hours you have to spend at work, raising a family and so on. An average trip to Nigeria will cost you at least $3000 to $5000 dollars when you count ticket, hotel and other costs. Most Nigerians can't save that much in a year, in fact most Americans can't save that in a year. The real Nigerians suffering here are the illegal immigrants, they can't work a decent job, they can't leave the country and are constantly watching their backs. Hopefully with the emergence of a new Nigeria under GMB, many of the illegal immigrants can come back to 9ja and make something of their lives!
lol. How far the new nigeria with buhari

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by stacyadams: 2:47am On Sep 14, 2022
KingAzubuike:

grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Karleb(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2022
shege45:
lol. How far the new nigeria with buhari

This is why I pity those who put their trust in Peter Obi.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2022
Karleb:

This is why I pity those who put their trust in Peter Obi.

There's nothing Peter Obi can do honestly. The country is just too damaged. Security is gone. Military Is heavily compromised. The country is broke and so many problems.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Karleb(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

There's nothing Peter Obi can do honestly. The country is just too damaged. Security is gone. Military Is heavily compromised. The country is broke and so many problems.

Those small small kids that are just paying attention to politics will not understand.

I remember the high hope we all had in Buhari in 2015, I was small then too, still a small boy now but I was very much aware and I still can't forget how our hopes were very high then.

Next year is coming now, the reality will again unfold before our own very eyes.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2022
Karleb:

Those small small kids that are just paying attention to politics will not understand.

I remember the high hope we all had in Buhari in 2015, I was small then too, still a small boy now but I was very much aware and I still can't forget how our hopes were very high then.

Next year is coming now, the reality will again unfold before our own very eyes.

Tinubu has a higher chance of winning than Peter Obi though. A lot of people supporting Peter Obi on social media don't even have PVCs.

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Karleb(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Tinubu has a higher chance of winning than Peter Obi though. A lot of people supporting Peter Obi on social media don't even have PVCs.

I will not even debate this.

APC has power and money.

It might just end up like how #endsars ended.

I hope Obi wins tho but reality sometimes is always a bitter pill to swallow.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2022
Karleb:

I will not even debate this.

APC has power and money.

It might just end up like how #endsars ended.

I hope Obi wins tho but reality sometimes is always a bitter pill to swallow.

Gbam. I have learnt to always expect the worst from Nigeria so nothing can shock me.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by lordally(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Then how do we know Tinubu supporters have PVC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Made With Cow Head In Uganda (Photo) / FFK: Anambra Airport, In Size And Design When Completed, Has Longest Runway / Nigerian Men Should Be Investigated. They’re Outspending Everyone Here - UK Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.