Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation (18421 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / PDP Governors Panic Over Buhari - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by vivacious01: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
Apc wil even win some south east states now,lets watch and see.Plateau is definitely for Apc.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by larrysng(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2015
All this Apc e rats shouting PDP will loose this and that don't be surprise if PDP wins governorship election in PDP control states in the north. Abi you think it was your votes that ousted GEJ? Its was a conspiracy within the north ooo, the need power by all means and they have gotten it. If PDP has won in its control states in the last just concluded election you would have be shouting sai GEJ and not sai baba.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by beseda: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
The fact that there is calmness in the nation after the announcement of the presidential election winner, shows the maturity of PDP.Peace, Peace, Peace is the index of maturity.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2015
They will be shocked that APC may even win in a SS or SE state. People don wise now. Everybody be like make we nor carry last o. Power don change hand for centre. It will shock them!.

The northern states are a done deal - all going APC. Even Nasarawa and Taraba may cross over to APC camp.

Whilst it will be good to have a formidable opposition, the PDP doesn't stand a chance at the moment.

And if they rely on boys to rig for them they may be shocked. As Buhari as told CNN yesterday that he is coming to fight corruption. Nobody wants to spend 200 years in prison - in PEJ voice.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2015
beseda:
The fact that there is calmness in the nation after the announcement of the presidential election winner, shows the maturity of PDP.Peace, Peace, Peace is the index of maturity.

Sorry they tried to cause violence but thank God for Jega who was mature and put Orubebe to his place. Thesame PDP didnt want this election to hold, later they plan on removing Jega. They even plan to change figures. You heard the Rivers REc saying " I wrote these numbers under special circumstances" when you listedn to the Ekiti gate you knwo there is nothing peaceful about them.

The US and Uk were like don't try any drama. Tthey were isolated by Nigerians and the world. It's a case of they had no choice but to be quiet.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 02, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

.n can u explained cases like kebbi that have not been in the news to record 100percent perfectn in vote cates, no cancelled or void votes? even lagos with highly intellectuals had void votes or cases where children below the constitutional age were accredited n voted?
bobo if we cancel those states that used toddlers to do what they knw hw to do best n u cancel rivers, jonathan will be declared winner.

So you picked Kebbi as seeing it is remote or you hoped there wouldn't be someone here that knows about it? I don't understand. I'm not from Kebbi State but I reside there. I can swear it is the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I remember the fuel subsidy protest; they didn't even know how to come out and protest and upon sighting a few policemen, scampered home.

The north didn't rig, I saw a few cases of underage voters(negligible). They have been angry at themselves for not coming out enough en masse when results of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta where read.

The accredited voters/PVC collection voter ratio was much higher in SS /SE states. Kano had about 2.1m total votes cast to 4.1m PVC collection = about 50% which is the trend in North(NE, NW, NC) & SW.

For your info, this is from Kebbi
AA – 214
ACPN – 361
AD – 450
ADC – 472
APA – 2,685
APC – 567,883 (APC Wins)
CPP – 1,794
HOPE – 213
KOWA – 448
NCP – 519
PDP – 100,972
PPN – 547
UDP – 207
UPP – 238

Other Statistics:

Total valid votes: 677,003
Rejected votes: 38,119
Total votes cast: 715,122
LGAs: 21
Political Parties: 14
Registered voters: 1,457,763
Accredited voters: 792,817
Places Where Elections Did Not Hold: None
PUs Affected: None
Voters Affected: None

You said no rejected votes in kebbi, check the bolded.

While you're at it check the total number of accredited voters and compare to the total number of votes cast in the image below(which has been the trend in SE & SS)

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by InMyOpinion(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2015
edogirl2:

PDP will lose more states. It's inevitable.

Any tangible recovery for the party is at least 2 years away as most Nigerians are simply repulsed by the party right now.

They will need to lay low and rebuild from the ground up again.

Good thinking bro
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2015
zayidhs:

The north didn't rig, I saw a few cases of underage voters(negligible).)

if the north didnt rig but u saw few cases of underage voters, please what term could be used in describing that act?
am sorry we are waitng for ur answer.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by maestroferddi: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2015
Raiders:
They will lose Imo, Abia and Rivers along with all the northern and western state
Politics is not mathematics.

If the voting pattern play out as experienced in the presidential elections, then the likes of Rochas and Amaechi may have won the battle but would lose the war.

I daresay that there is strong populist sentiment against the two figures in their respective zones. Buhari's popularity is almost nonexistent in the SE and SS and I don't envy him that the two zones have a unity of direction in his incoming government.

Abia state will easily be won by the PDP. We are talking of local politics here so you may not understand. I personally think that APGA is presently living on life support. The Igbos won't be that impractical to accommodate a two-party opposition.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

if the north didnt rig but u saw few cases of underage voters, please what term could be used in describing that act?

First of all, I need you to accept you lied/made a mistake about Kebbi polls.

Then acknowledge the image (which incidentally, going by your moniker, is your region)

Now I strongly believe underage voting is very wrong & i admonish it. That is a wrongdoing by the electorates and should be strongly checked by INEC.

Rigging that I'm talking about is the one perpetrated by the parties, INEC staff or government (be it by use of money, blackmail, intimidation through work or military/paramilitary etc)

Eg.
1.Ekitigate

2. Imo; everyone saw as Rochas was intimidated by the military, his aid beaten etc

3. Rivers; likewise Amaechi and his supporters were restricted and some election materials missing that warranted the APC members to boycott elections.

4. Cross River; where everyone was told to go home amidst gunshots and massive thumbprinting ensued.

5. Akwa Ibom where APC ballots where removed and equivalent number thumbprinted for PDP and replaced.

6. Sokoto; SSS & military barricaded APC stalwarts and refused them movement on the morning of elections till night.

7. Several LGAs in Edo state where Oshiomole & APC have support where isolated by multiple checkpoints on routes leading to them. All traffic was cut out till after elections.

The above are termed "rigging" while the underage case is termed "irregularity".

Call any person in kebbi and ask what happened when the PDP gubernatorial candidate(Gen S Y Bello) together with a minister and special adviser to GEJ had to go with many military personnel to rescue a friend and also a brother from irate crowd cos they were caught massively thumbprinting PDP on ballot papers in a remote house near the mechanic village.

Every Nigerian knows PDP is unanimous with rigging.

Nigerians will forever be indebted to Prof Jega for his resilience and insistence on the use of card readers. PDP knew it will spell doom for them and GEJ with his cronies did all they could to thwart and frustrate Jega but God is always with the righteous.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by diamondbility: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
googlepikin:
all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .[size=20pt]all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .[/size]all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .

comment like this will only work against jk
initially, i wanted to vote for jk but u the Igbos and Niger Delta have turn it to be a battle btw Yoruba and SS-SE in Lagos.
Omo yoruba ronu ooo
we cannot afford to remain opposition in Lagos.
AMBODE 4 everybody
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by creamynuela88: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=emeijeh post=32256583]They should know that the people's will is supreme......
Its not a partisan thing. The country just needs to move forward .
Nigerians are much wiser now.
Our leaders now know that you can't just say"corruption is not stealing" and don't expect your popularity rating to drop.

Let's b truthful to ourselves 4 once, go use ur dictionary u would know that "corruption is not stealing".
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
egopersonified:

Hope from May 30th all those Jonathan ohhhhhhhh you have being typing would become Buhari ohhhhhhhhh when someone starts a thread on
why is $1 not yet equal to N1
my boss refused to pay my six months salary
'nepa' just take our light now
etc.

You mean Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Raiders:
you forgot to include Sokoto where Tambuwal is contesting as gov. They will also lose Benue because the people hate their current Gov.
It seems like Nigeria is going into a one party system and I predict APC controlling 2/3 of the states in Nigeria after the election

Sokoto is already an APC state, I made a mistake of including Kano which is also an APC state. Events in Benue are quit interesting, I will be looking at Taraba with keen interest; possible first female governor in this republic.
APC has alot to do in SS and SE, they must be carried along, they must be integrated into the party.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Truflame: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Lagosians should vote en mass for Akinwunmi Ambode on April 11.

Get rid of any prejudice in your thinking. Continuity is a key factor in the delivery of electoral promises. Fashola have started a good project in every nook and cranny of Lagos and we should however support the continuity of these beautiful project. Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa and various ethnic group resident in Lagos should vote for Akinwunmi Ambode as a governor. Ofcourse, we all need change.

This is the era of change.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by waldigit: 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
googlepikin:
all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .[size=20pt]all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .[/size]all igbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje .

The worst thing in the life of a man is when he fails to learn from his mistake. So there you go again with your section ist and ethnic sentiment. Anyway keep doing the same thing the same way and keep expecting different result and wait till eternity to see how far you can go.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by Ekkene: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=DesChyko post=32256604]Cool.
Looking forward to election results in Imo, Rivers and Lagos statesgrin[/quote

I am particular about Rivers election. I need to know were did the 1.4m votes came from
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by emiye(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
jmaine:

None of those states had more than 64% voters turn out, you might need to review your exaggerated figures in bold.
not true, percentage I av stated is DAT of number of voters divided by PVC collected. do your calculation and tell me I am right
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by emiye(m): 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

underage voting is usually negligible, but very sensational. because it is easily visible.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by jmaine: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
emiye:
not true, percentage I av stated is DAT of number of voters divided by PVC collected. do your calculation and tell me I am right

I also used the same methodology and even gave rooms for excesses and your estimates were still wrong . . . . .
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by billyG(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
mrsuccessful:

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-govs-vow-to-maintain-lead-during-poll/
2fiakwa!God 4bid bad thing,When Men(PDP) eat(loot) Bellefull & challenge his chi(masses) to a wrestling match that pdp will overrule us 4 d nxt 60yrs they are doom 2 fail.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by billyG(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=zayidhs post=32264968]

So you picked Kebbi as seeing it is remote or you hoped there wouldn't be someone here that knows about it? I don't understand. I'm not from Kebbi State but I reside there. I can swear it is the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I remember the fuel subsidy protest; they didn't even know how to come out and protest and upon sighting a few policemen, scampered home.

The north didn't rig, I saw a few cases of underage voters(negligible). They have been angry at themselves for not coming out enough en masse when results of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta where read.

The accredited voters/PVC collection voter ratio was much higher in SS /SE states. Kano had about 2.1m total votes cast to 4.1m PVC collection = about 50% which is the trend in North(NE, NW, NC) & SW.

AA – 214
ACPN – 361
AD – 450
ADC – 472
APA – 2,685
APC – 567,883 (APC Wins)
CPP – 1,794
HOPE – 213
KOWA – 448
NCP – 519
PDP – 100,972
PPN – 547
UDP – 207
UPP – 238

Other Statistics:

While you're at it check the total number of accredited voters and compare to the total number of votes cast in the image below(which has been the trend in SE & SS) [/quoteHow did PDP got 37000votes frm 19000 accredited voters?PDP why?
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by billyG(m): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=zayidhs post=32264968]

AA – 214
ACPN – 361
AD – 450
ADC – 472
APA – 2,685
APC – 567,883 (APC Wins)
CPP – 1,794
HOPE – 213
KOWA – 448
NCP – 519
PDP – 100,972
PPN – 547
UDP – 207
UPP – 238

Other Statistics:

While you're at it check the total number of accredited voters and compare to the total number of votes cast in the image below(which has been the trend in SE & SS) [/quoteHow did PDP got 37000votes frm 19000 accredited voters in Ikot-ekpene LGA of Akwa -Ibom State?PDP why?
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by bchpeter: 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
I feel bad any time I see comments like all lgbos and Niger Deltans should come out and let's vote for Jimi agbaje.. you can't tell me one thing Jimi Agbaje has done.. he never identify with the igbos.. But Ambode has gone out of his way to make the Igbos comfortable.. the head of his communication team is an Igbo man.. we talk with out thinking
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
zayidhs:

First of all, I need you to accept you lied/made a mistake about Kebbi polls.

Then acknowledge the image (which incidentally, going by your moniker, is your region)

Now I strongly believe underage voting is very wrong & i admonish it. That is a wrongdoing by the electorates and should be strongly checked by INEC.

Rigging that I'm talking about is the one perpetrated by the parties, INEC staff or government (be it by use of money, blackmail, intimidation through work or military/paramilitary etc)

Eg.
1.Ekitigate

2. Imo; everyone saw as Rochas was intimidated by the military, his aid beaten etc

3. Rivers; likewise Amaechi and his supporters were restricted and some election materials missing that warranted the APC members to boycott elections.

4. Cross River; where everyone was told to go home amidst gunshots and massive thumbprinting ensued.

5. Akwa Ibom where APC ballots where removed and equivalent number thumbprinted for PDP and replaced.

6. Sokoto; SSS & military barricaded APC stalwarts and refused them movement on the morning of elections till night.

7. Several LGAs in Edo state where Oshiomole & APC have support where isolated by multiple checkpoints on routes leading to them. All traffic was cut out till after elections.

The above are termed "rigging" while the underage case is termed "irregularity".

Call any person in kebbi and ask what happened when the PDP gubernatorial candidate(Gen S Y Bello) together with a minister and special adviser to GEJ had to go with many military personnel to rescue a friend and also a brother from irate crowd cos they were caught massively thumbprinting PDP on ballot papers in a remote house near the mechanic village.

Every Nigerian knows PDP is unanimous with rigging.

Nigerians will forever be indebted to Prof Jega for his resilience and insistence on the use of card readers. PDP knew it will spell doom for them and GEJ with his cronies did all they could to thwart and frustrate Jega but God is always with the righteous.

ette isi memmeh o
iko asuk abi bahbah
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by emiye(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
jmaine:

I also used the same methodology and even gave rooms for excesses and your estimates were still wrong . . . . .

DELTA STATE

AA – 1,473
ACPN – 916
AD – 735
ADC – 888
APA – 478
APC – 48,910
CPP – 813
HOPE – 166
KOWA – 311
NCP – 670
PDP – 1,211,405 (PDP Wins)
PPN – 393
UDP – 354
UPP – 261

Other Statistics:

Total valid votes: 1,267,773
Rejected votes: 17,075Total votes cast: 1,284,848
LGAs: 25
Registered voters: 2,044,372
Accredited voters: 1,350,914
Places Where Elections Did Not Hold: Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Patani, Sapele, Udu, Warri South West
PUs Affected: 169
Voters Affected: 82,631. http://www.360nobs.com/2015/03/nigeria-2015-presidential-election-results-delta-state-pdp-wins-nigeriadecides/

In a state with 1.7 million pvcs collected , (1.35 /1.7) *100 = 79.4%, considering that election did not hold in some parts of the state 79.4% accredited voters is surely inflated.
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by BANKYBOIZ: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Maintain lead in how many states across the country? Maintain lead where all their 'godfathers' are on exile?
Can't these people just realize its no longer about position, now its about Competency, Good Governance, Service and Credibility.

Please let's be wise enough and vote rightly.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE Governor of Lagos State come 11th of April 2015.

VOTE APC.

#Ambode2015
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by asha80(m): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2015
maestroferddi:
Politics is not mathematics.

If the voting pattern play out as experienced in the presidential elections, then the likes of Rochas and Amaechi may have won the battle but would lose the war.

I daresay that there is strong populist sentiment against the two figures in their respective zones. Buhari's popularity is almost nonexistent in the SE and SS and I don't envy him that the two zones have a unity of direction in his incoming government.

Abia state will easily be won by the PDP. We are talking of local politics here so you may not understand. I personally think that APGA is presently living on life support. The Igbos won't be that impractical to accommodate a two-party opposition.
pdp can only win abia guber by rigging...i will not be surprised if those senate and how election results in abia are upturned because the rigging was just crude and can easily be noticed
Re: PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation by jmaine: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2015
emiye:

DELTA STATE

AA – 1,473
ACPN – 916
AD – 735
ADC – 888
APA – 478
APC – 48,910
CPP – 813
HOPE – 166
KOWA – 311
NCP – 670
PDP – 1,211,405 (PDP Wins)
PPN – 393
UDP – 354
UPP – 261

Other Statistics:

Total valid votes: 1,267,773
Rejected votes: 17,075Total votes cast: 1,284,848
LGAs: 25
Registered voters: 2,044,372
Accredited voters: 1,350,914
Places Where Elections Did Not Hold: Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Patani, Sapele, Udu, Warri South West
PUs Affected: 169
Voters Affected: 82,631. http://www.360nobs.com/2015/03/nigeria-2015-presidential-election-results-delta-state-pdp-wins-nigeriadecides/

In a state with 1.7 million pvcs collected , (1.35 /1.7) *100 = 79.4%, considering that election did not hold in some parts of the state 79.4% accredited voters is surely inflated.

The bold lies your error . . . .Accredited voters doesn't automatically equate to actual voters. If we should go by your submission, am pleased to announce to you that Oyo recorded about 86 % turn out but when actual votes are calculated , it will only yield approximately 57%

Moreover Delta has a total PVC collection rate of 1.9 and not 1.7 deployed in your calculation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Threatens To Arrest Ambode, Four Ex-commissioners / Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects / PDP Will Collapse If I Defect To APC – Ebonyi Governor, Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.