Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Atiku To Replace Yaradua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Replace Yaradua? (1993 Views)

Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2009
there is crazy speculation currently spreading everywhere in abuja, that atiku is being positioned to replace yaradua. but according to our constitution, if necessary, i thought good-luck was supposed to replace yaradua.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by udezue(m): 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2009
Please Goodluck is Ijaw. U know damn well an Easterner won't smell that position unless they are ready to slug it out. I'll be watching.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 24, 2009
they can only ensure Yar'adua is alive until 2011

If anything happens to Yar'adua, Jonathan will be President it is that simple.

It is no in Jonathan's style to be bullyish and the North will not rob him the position if the situation presents itself

Any attempt to rob Jonathan will present a constitutional crisis and I dont believe even the most iliterate Imam in Sokoto wants that.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by strangleyo: 2:52am On Jan 24, 2009
If Yardua has a conversation with god about how Atiku has replaced him, it will quickly degenerate into why Nigeria fell apart completely.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by deleson: 5:19am On Jan 24, 2009
The speculations is also among diplomates in lagos.But i thought it was a joke o.God SAFE NIGERIA.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by olanajim(m): 8:42am On Jan 24, 2009
Which part of the constitution states that VP should become president after the expiration of the president's tenure? I am hearing that for the first time.

Last night, I was watching a replay of Atiku/OBJ visit on AIT(it had been up to 3 months that I last watch TV) I can't help wondering whether the man was bewitched. My sister said he must be "crazy" to form another partnership with a man that almost send him to jail and destroy him permanently (thanks for court interventn). Anyway, we should realise that Atiku can still be president after yaradua. It is only you people that can stop him. He is going there to finish something and it may be tragic.

For those who are thinking southeast or Ijaw can never be president, I say shame on you for being lazy.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by jamace(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2009
there is crazy speculation currently spreading everywhere in abuja, that atiku is being positioned to replace yaradua. but according to our constitution, if necessary, i thought good-luck was supposed to replace yaradua.
[quote][/quote]

May it remain a rumour please shocked. The unfolding political assumptions and allignments are lending credence to America's prediction that Nigeria was going to disintergrate in in 15 Years time. Chei, who shall deliver us from the doom to come .
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by princekevo(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2009
cre8tivity:

Please be specific on ur post, constitution does not state that the vice president must replace the president after a successful 4years tenure, but on a situation where the current president is unable to complete his 4years tenure due to unforseen occurance,eg. Sudden death or resignation within 4 years.

udezue:

Please Goodluck is Ijaw. U know damn well an Easterner won't smell that position unless they are ready to slug it out. I'll be watching.

Wht makes u think an easterner cant be the president of Nigeria? IS it that the east has no qualified candidate for presidency or they have no right to vote and be voted for? If yaradua dies today which i dont pray for i believe the constitution of federal republic of Nigeria prevails every other individuals opinion. If otherwise then the federal republic Nigeria ceases to exist not two ways about it,

deleson:

The speculations is also among diplomates in lagos.But i thought it was a joke o.God SAFE NIGERIA.

Please who is Obasanjo to decide who will lead us? The baboo that was brought out of prison and was forced unto the people?
That Atiku made peace with him doesnt automatically make him qualified to be the president, They just settled their own personal issues which has nothing to with the people of Nigeria,
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2009
Folks I have never agreed with creativity but on this one

There is no need to replace the President after 4years. After 4years there will be election by default at which a President is chosen.

However the word 'replace' means the sitting President is unable to finish his or her term and thus needs replacement.

I guess thats what creativity means is in the President is incapacitated and unable to finish his term.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by anonimi: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2009
The two old thieves OBJ & Atiku, must be having a good laugh on how gullible their mugu fellow citizens are!
Their meeting had very little, if anything, to do with replacing yara if he dies or resigns. they were more concerned about the tightening noose of their involvement in the Siemens scandal
In any case for such rumour to be spreading in the first place means we know we will turn to God for help rather than stand up for the right thing to be done- VP replaces President if he dies or resigns.
If I am not mistaken, that was how OBJ became Head of State the first time- Murtala Muhammed died!
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2009
i pray for everyone of us, including yaradua to have healthy long life. but in-case anything happens to our president before the completion of his 4years term, it has been spreading around that atiku might be the man to replace him, not good-luck. we all know that goodluck is as sharp as the other side of a cutlass, but still we must obey/embrace our constitution at all time; atiku and others should do what is right by supporting this administration no matter what happens.
this isn't a military regime, but a democracy era.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Dede1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2009
@poster

The situation being anticipated is the main reason Nigerian constitution provided for the office of Vice Presidency.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by fxmaxony(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2009
How una dey all, I was about attacking mikeansy as ussual until i saw his position correction post,

the rumor emanated from the Ota visit, Atiku is wanting to replace Yaradua after four years term through Politicking, thats why the Ota visit, In politiks there is no parmenent friend , no permanent enemy, that the reason for the visit,

however it is a tall dream for atiku, tho he is a strong politician, I reserve my comments until we know what IBB is thinking, even tho naijans wont want him.

Dont be surprise to hear from me that Yaradua is interested in "nd term irrespective of his falling health? una dey laugh/
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by JJYOU: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2009
why does obasanjo think nigeria is his personal property? how can on man go about planting governors and presidents all over the land without no on asking? no wonder someone is saying we are cowards on another thread.

i still cant believe we got free from colonial masters and imprisoned ourselves like this.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Muza(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2009
@ thread,
how?
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
I think we are giving credibility to this story by talking about it or being afraid

There is no way Atiku will be President except through a legitimate election at the right time.

If Yar'adua dies or is incapacitated before May 29 2011. Jonathan takes over. If both die before then David Mark takes over

It is that simple.

Pls folks we are talking about 2009 democratic Nigeria for God's sake. (Even though we are not a great democracy).
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by udezue(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2009
Please we know Nigeria got a policy of blocking the East by any means possible. Does the East deserve it yes but I know as an Easterner, Nigerians will find a way to frustrate him. I won't be surprised if they even use a coup or whip up enough ethnic / religious violence to stop an Easterner from becoming the President of Nigeria. Hateful nation. Anyway shaaa if that happens we know damn well that will be the end of Nigeria. oooohhh just give us a good reason. Let the Hausa North do their kweke kweke.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
let us forget yaradua and goodluck for a moment. let us take a good look at this stupid statement.
"an easterner deserves to be the next nigerian president" i've heard this statement many times and i think it is the most ridiculous statement anyone could make. this is the same stupid mentality that brings down our election process whenever it's time to elect a leader. there is no need to predict who or where the next president should come from, this is democracy, whoever wins the election deserves to be the next president. becoming the president of nigeria is not and shouldn't be a gift to anybody from east, west, south or north. the easterners need to stop crying and find a better way to contribute toward improving our election practice in nigeria.

back to yaradua and goodluck
i personally wish our president well, but if anything should happen to him before the completion of his 4yrs term, without any question goodluck should immediately take over. this is our constitution and it must be acknowledged if we want our country to come out of darkness.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2009
Yar'adua emerged PDP flag bearer in the last election because Presidency was zoned to the North.

He was no more qualified or educated or vissionary then Donald Duke or Professor Utomi.

OBJ also emerged because Presidency was zoned to South West.

So the zoning cycle must complete before we change it. The President of Nigeria in 2015 should come from South-South or South-East
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by bawomolo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2009
udezue:

Please we know Nigeria got a policy of blocking the East by any means possible. Does the East deserve it yes but I know as an Easterner, Nigerians will find a way to frustrate him. I won't be surprised if they even use a coup or whip up enough ethnic / religious violence to stop an Easterner from becoming the President of Nigeria. Hateful nation. Anyway shaaa if that happens we know damn well that will be the end of Nigeria. oooohhh just give us a good reason. Let the Hausa North do their kweke kweke.

blah blah blah, haven't we had Igbo senate presidents? all you ethnic towncriers need to get a clue. are Igbo's and Hausa's the only ethnic group in Nigeria?
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by asha80(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2009
@bawomolo
Being an easterner and igbo is NOT the same thing.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2009
Yar'adua emerged PDP flag bearer in the last election because Presidency was zoned to the North.

He was no more qualified or educated or vissionary then Donald Duke or Professor Utomi.

So the zoning cycle must complete before we change it. The President of Nigeria in 2015 should come from South-South or South-East
this is a great sample of dirty mind and ridiculous state of mind. the same stupid mentality that represents the root of election rigging in nigeria. if south-south or south-east wants the next president of nigeria to come from their area, please kindly advise them to work hard and entice voters to elect someone from their area.
long life democracy: nobody has the right to dictate or predict where the next president should come from. allow the great citizens of nigeria to cast their votes which ever way they desire. this is called democracy.
presidential position is not honorary position; instead of wasting time/ energy dreaming, may be this is the right time for mikeansy and others to ask their people to work hard and discover a better way to contribute towards improving election practice in nigeria.
again, nigeria is a country and not a village.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2009
yes, the next soccer world cup champion must come from africa; because we are all black and beautiful.

what a joke!
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by kosovo(m): 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2009
i never knew yar adua was DEAD!
Nigeria is a joke!
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
this is a great sample of dirty mind and ridiculous state of mind. the same stupid mentality that represents the root of election rigging in nigeria. if south-south or south-east wants the next president of nigeria to come from their area, please kindly advise them to work hard and entice voters to elect someone from their area.
long life democracy: nobody has the right to dictate or predict where the next president should come from. allow the great citizens of nigeria to cast their votes which ever way they desire. this is called democracy.
presidential position is not honorary position; instead of wasting time/ energy dreaming, may be this is the right time for mikeansy and others to ask their people to work hard and discover a better way to contribute towards improving election practice in nigeria.

The SE and SS should not bother to entice anybody to vote any one from there to become president.I can see the the result of the enticement that brought Olisiego Obulusonjo and Yaradull who have virtually collapsed the economy of the country.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 25, 2009
cre8tivity:

How hard did Yar'adua work to become President

There is a reason football rules are not changed during half time. If you want to be the bitch you are good luck to you.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2009
How hard did Yar'adua work to become President

There is a reason football rules are not changed during half time. If you want to be the bitch you are good luck to you.

friend, what are you talking about?    
you're a big joke!
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 26, 2009
you think being creative is just about replacing the letter 'a' with the number '8'
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2009
atiku is not a perfect politician, but not stupid either. i think the man is too smart to accept illegal promotion from obasojo if the opportunity should open up. he (atiku) would wait for his time and make it happen legally. (unlike the biggest fool of the year, zomby united (mr. ribadu), who made himself available to be used and dropped like a used toilet paper; all because of power)
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by Moves: 2:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
The Zoning of Presidential Post is a ideal conceived in order to move nigeria democracy in its infancy; uniting nigeria political elites against military rule; hence the 3 leading political parties in the last presidential election presented candidates from the Northern region, It might not be perfect; but it represent a nigerian take on democracy which will in time evolve hopefully for the better,

On Atiku, replacing Yaradua, It will be a shame on the north; and the whole nigerian state, if he is allowed to contest for election talkless of replacing yardua,

1. He is being fingered in the Siemens bribery scandal, atleast if we cant believe Ribadu's EFCC on this guy, are we going to disregard the findings of the US congress and its Investigation.

2. After being Vice President for a period of 8 years, without any progress, and he didnt bring nothing new to the table why would anybody entertain the thought of this corrupt person to replace yaradua, As VP, He cannot but be partly responsible of the activties of the last 8 years as it was Obj & Atiku, not just Obj, Atleast he never disagreed openly on any the activities of the govt when is was VP, save the third term agenda and that was due to his own personal ambition.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=133756
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by faoni572(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
mikeansy:

The zoning is not in the Nigeria constitution, it is the PDP policy and has nothing to do with Nigeria policy. Any political party can bring out an idea  they seem best to them. Nigeria constitution does not include zoning.
Re: Atiku To Replace Yaradua? by cre8tivity(f): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
i guess, it is fair and legal to categorize "the zoning of presidential post" as "affirmative action", which is established to give the disable groups in nigeria opportunity to do something positive (steal govt. money) with themselves. an indirect method to settle for less "if you can't beat them find a way to join them".
which ever group that allows this action to take place in political structure in nigeria should cover their faces with shame.
this zoning of presidential post is nothing but a modern day election rigging conspiracy.
mikeansy and his people should hide under the table, where it's more comfortable for them.
you shouldn't force your sentiment of pity on voters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked / Ebonyi State Enters Mining Lease Agreement With Expatriate Company / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.