Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (266165 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bellong: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kimoni:

Even with 100 HMs?? Haba!!

What is HM? Reply sent.

Efe,

Na me do am for him. It is called "aworo". Damiso will interprete if her ajebo understand it.. cheesy. Like crowd juju done by police for naija police station.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
which one be grass drink again? cheesy

I never see am before o.how does it taste like? cheesy

It tastes horrible but you could add some sweetners to it. I had mine with a slice of apple. Afterwards though.
SAMBARRY:
abeg I prefer zobo or kunu o Jared.which one be grass drink. Oyinbo say the devil you know is better thanks the Angel you don't know. What if I drink it and my stomach starts jumping in anger nko? cheesy

Hardly.

Why you wan drink Zobo? undecided Isn't that the drink guys wey nor fit get the Iroko to stand up right - nor be their drink be that? Or are you a guy, Sambarry? grin grin

Kimoni:

Meeeee Hehehehehe not moi, Efe. Na learner I be but I have repented sha
But honestly, I agree with Ile, this place is very toxic
Maybe because I don't do bb and what's up, and FB is also rarely
Lemme listen to your solutions sha

Yimu. tongue tongue

But seriously babe, next time just hit the "Report To Moderator" button and follow up with an email. Don't stress yourself responding. It's never worth it.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
bellong:

Efe,

Na me do am for him. It is called "aworo". Damiso will interprete if her ajebo understand it.. cheesy. Like crowd juju done by police for naija police station.

OMG see confession! cheesy cheesy

Shebi that's what you guys call "Olopa"?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by thelish(f): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Anyway ladies - believe it or not, I had a GRASS drink. Proper grass and I kid you not!

I missed brekkie and doing my normal morning exercises at home, so this was the alternative - opted for a plain wheat porridge (no cream, no sugar) as usual - and a green crush (apples, cucumber, kiwi, lettuce, grapes, etc). Then decided to try out the grass thingy.

You know how it's done like when you go to the pub and order a shot of whisky or something similar? So I asked for one shot of grass drink. Omo you need to see the amount of grass that girl cut into the "grasser" juicer. shocked shocked shocked Had to ask her if it was washed oh! grin grin

Anyway, even to drink the thing, see as my heart dey beat...kpom, kpom, kpom, as per "who send me?" And the smell? Gosh! It smelt very grassy! cheesy :DI eventually summoned up some dutch courage to drink it, but had to hold my nose in the process. Men see as dem dey laugh your sister. They even gave me a slice of apple to make it more bearable.

So, that's the long and short of my Thursday's experiment. It wasn't too bad sha. Afterall, they say grass is detoxifying. tongue tongue cool

Anyway, the very very dark green drink is the concentrated grass solution I had. Now it doesn't get much healthier than that, does it? grin tongue tongue

Oya, in no particular order:

Chillisauce
Cococandy
Ifyalways
Edwife
Bellong
BurntPalace
Damiso
Smartmom
Mindfulness
Xoxomum
Kimoni
Thelish
and last but not the least: Sambarry, Sambarry, Sambarry, and Sambarry. cool cool

Say dis prayer with anger, Oyibo pple can never change me to goat, grass belong to them. Amen. Hahahahaha. Abeg next time shout give them well well o.. Remain cockroach n earthworm wey remain for u oo

5 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by sexysensation: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dats mine

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by kelechiMarie(f): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
Is this healthy enough

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2015
kelechiMarie:
Is this healthy enough

No.

Indomie:- Processed meal, high salt content. Excess salt makes your body retain a lot of water which can lead to weight gain.

Eggs:- Eggs are good (no more than 2-4 per week) but you've got more than one in that plate and it's been fried with oil?

Green vegs: totally absent from you meal. What I see is 50% carbs, 49% protein, 1% vitamins.

Portion size: Too much. One-third of that should be sufficient.

What did you drink with this?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2015
Good morning everyone hello

Breakfast this morning grilled plantain and eggs washed down with green tea.

I am soooooo tired. Not even horses could drag me off my bed this morning to work out anything. Work out faya embarassedthis weekend is proper chill and test mode for me.

Efemenaxy I think depending on your goals you can have more than 4 eggs a week. Nutritionists and health care professionals have even back tracked on the prévious high cholesterol scare on eggs. I think where one needs to cut back s bit is on the yolk but the whites are ok especially for those on high protein diets. I think the issue is more on hoe it is prepared and the additives.

These days me and hubby argue cos the amount of oil he uses to fry eggs are atrocious angry I fry my eggs with very very lil or no oil. Him you can use spoon to drink the oil left in the pan after he finishes.disgusting.

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2015
Eggs are a good source of protein, but it's important to store, handle and prepare them properly.
Eggs are a good choice as part of a healthy, balanced diet. As well as being a source of protein, they also contain vitamins and minerals. They can be part of a healthy meal that's quick and easy to make.
However, to avoid any risk of food poisoning, it's important to always buy eggs from a reputable supplier, and then store, handle and cook eggs properly. This advice especially applies to people in vulnerable groups, including the very young, the unwell, pregnant women and elderly people.
Eggs and your diet
Eggs are a good source of:
protein
vitamin D
vitamin A
vitamin B2
vitamin B12
folate
iodine
How many eggs is it safe to eat?
There is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat.
Eggs can be enjoyed as part of a healthy balanced diet, but it's best to cook them without adding salt or fat. For example:
hard-boiled or poached, without added salt
scrambled, without butter – which is high in saturated fat
Frying eggs can increase their fat content by around 50%.
To get the nutrients you need, make sure you eat as varied a diet as possible. You can learn more about healthy eating in A balanced diet.
Eggs and cholesterol
Having high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.
Although eggs contain cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the cholesterol we get from eating eggs.
If your GP or health professional has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be to cut down on saturated fat across your diet. You can get advice in Eat less saturated fat.
If you are eating a balanced diet, you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by kelechiMarie(f): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

No.

Indomie:- Processed meal, high salt content. Excess salt makes your body retain a lot of water which can lead to weight gain.

Eggs:- Eggs are good (no more than 2-4 per week) but you've got more than one in that plate and it's been fried with oil?

Green vegs: totally absent from you meal. What I see is 50% carbs, 49% protein, 1% vitamins.

Portion size: Too much. One-third of that should be sufficient.

What did you drink with this?
water
Portion size: It's one packet of chiki noodle so I'm not sure how to reduce it.
Eggs:2 and it's fried bt with raw tomatoes(dats my weekly egg portion)
So I should avoid noodles or eat once I a while?
About frying,can I use coconut oil. Is it healthier? About the green veggies;I'll include that. P.s: I'm not trying to lose weight just wanna eat healthy cause of my health.
Thank you so much smiley kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mojeed4(m): 6:42am On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

I am soooooo tired. Not even horses could drag me off my bed this morning to work out anything. Work out faya embarassedthis weekend is proper chill and test mode for me.

Efemenaxy I think depending on your goals you can have more than 4 eggs a week. Nutritionists and health care professionals have even back tracked on the prévious high cholesterol scare on eggs. I think where one needs to cut back s bit is on the yolk but the whites are ok especially for those on high protein diets. I think the issue is more on hoe it is prepared and the additives.

These days me and hubby argue cos the amount of oil he uses to fry eggs are atrocious angry I fry my eggs with very very lil or no oil. Him you can use spoon to drink the oil left in the pan after he finishes.disgusting.

I wonder why he'll fry his own eggs.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

Nice one Damiso - didn't know they'd backtracked on their claims, but even so, I prefer to err on the side of caution. A single egg on it's own is 70+ kcal, isn't it?

I get the bit about taking out the yolk but how many people'll have just the white on it's own? I think that's done when baking (biscuits? Patties?)

Re: the bolded, you got me laughing out loud! Yeah, similar experience here too - almost - but I've got to the stage where I'm completely intolerant of fry-up (unless I deliberately set out to cheat on "shinken 'n schips" Kimoni style) tongue

That aside, on the rare occasions I do decide to have a "fried" egg, I simply crack one open into my non-stick pan a slowly let it cook without a single drop of oil. It comes out looking like, and tasting like a fried egg anyway. Then I sprinkle some black pepper and cress on it to give it that extra "oomph".

I managed to do my 30 mins sit-ups / lower abs workout and a 30 min run, then my lime 'n lemon concoction with cherry tomatoes & some cucumber slices + 1 litre of water for breakfast, but it's hard sister...motivating oneself during the winter months. (sigh).

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Nice one Damiso - didn't know they'd backtracked on their claims, but even so, I prefer to err on the side of caution. A single egg on it's own is 70+ kcal, isn't it?

I get the bit about taking out the yolk but how many people'll have just the white on it's own? I think that's done when baking (biscuits? Patties?)

Re: the bolded, you got me laughing out loud! Yeah, similar experience here too - almost - but I've got to the stage where I'm completely intolerant of fry-up (unless I deliberately set out to cheat on "shinken 'n schips" Kimoni style) tongue

That aside, on the rare occasions I do decide to have a "fried" egg, I simply crack one open into my non-stick pan a slowly let it cook without a single drop of oil. It comes out looking like, and tasting like a fried egg anyway. Then I sprinkle some black pepper and cress on it to give it that extra "oomph".

I managed to do my 30 mins sit-ups / lower abs workout and a 30 min run, then my lime 'n lemon concoction with cherry tomatoes & some cucumber slices + 1 litre of water for breakfast, but it's hard sister...motivating oneself during the winter months. (sigh).

Loooool...you and chilli have killed my love for shicken and ships o angry can't remember the last time I had it

Everytime I see cucumber I remember you; pleaseeeee tell me why?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Kimoni:

Loooool...you and chilli have killed my love for shicken and ships o angry can't remember the last time I had it

Everytime I see cucumber I remember you; pleaseeeee tell me why?

Dunno oh. Why do you? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
mojeed4:

I wonder why he'll fry his own eggs.

Continue wondering o oga grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Very hard I tell you . I try to sleep early though and get something in at least 4 times s week.

Yes eggs are even the IN thing for all this fitness winches grin I follow. Fastest ,easiest protein fix.

However like all things I think moderation is key.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mojeed4(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

Continue wondering o oga grin grin

Just fry him the eggs and your problem is solved. grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
mojeed4:

Just fry him the eggs and your problem is solved. grin

My eggs are too healthy for him cheesy

To be honest though I would rather fry them. But sometimes I am not home and he really thinks his oily eggs are delicious cos sometimes I wake up to these oily eggs. grin used to drain the oil in the past but now can't even stomach them.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mojeed4(m): 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

My eggs are too healthy for him cheesy

Really? Will love to have some then. grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
mojeed4:

Really? Will love to have some then. grin

No eggs on the meal plan this week cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mojeed4(m): 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

No eggs on the meal plan this week cheesy

Doesn't seem like a healthy week to me. cheesy Better include it ASAP.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
mojeed4:

Doesn't seem like a healthy week to me. cheesy Better include it ASAP.

You are funny cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mojeed4(m): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
damiso:

You are funny cheesy
grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Damiso - question for you:

What motivated you to start making / taking your lunch to work? And how do you ensure you've got a healthy selection and that you don't get bored?

I started copy-catting you and didn't even realize prior to that that I was easily spending £10 - £12 on average, daily.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Efemenaxy abeg come and help your sister o, my falling off the wagon this last week has been epic embarassed I had 5 Christmas dos and ate all sorts **covers face ***

Weighed myself yesterday and thankfully not put on any weight as I have also been working out 6 days a week . but chai I don't trust myself this week o I don't even have the zeal to work out anything just been lazing around all day. Need to go to out get a few bits sef but just not motivated to even stand up from the bed.my iPad battery just died so maybe that's a cue cheesy

I think I need that your grass throughout next week grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Damiso - question for you:

What motivated you to start making / taking your lunch to work? And how do you ensure you've got a healthy selection and that you don't get bored?

I started copy-catting you and didn't even realize prior to that that I was easily spending £10 - £12 on average, daily.

My office is in a awkward location and so you don't have a wide range of places to get food s not to talk of healthy options. I also have a 30min lunch most days cos that way I can leave early to pick up and do activities with my daughter during the week. So I realised by having my lunch with me just saved the time on going to get something to eat.

It also helps me to not eat junk when I meal prep and plan ahead. So on Sunday's I make 3 different meals and put in the fridge and just pick up every morning on my way out.

To mix it up I could make a base meal ie jollof brown rice or quinoa at weekend then have it with various salads/steamed broccoli/spinach and then maybe fish/grilled chicken depending on what is available. So the base meal is already prepped but the other stuff would take less than 15 mins to make the night before.

I also find healthier meals tend to take less time to prepare. Also you know when you make it yourself there are 'unwanted' additives
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
damiso:
Efemenaxy abeg come and help your sister o, my falling off the wagon this last week has been epic embarassed I had 5 Christmas dos and ate all sorts **covers face ***

Weighed myself yesterday and thankfully not put on any weight as I have also been working out 6 days a week . but chai I don't trust myself this week o I don't even have the zeal to work out anything just been lazing around all day. Need to go to out get a few bits sef but just not motivated to even stand up from the bed.my iPad battery just died so maybe that's a cue cheesy

I think I need that your grass throughout next week grin

Eh...eh...you can't start falling off that wagon now oh!

I'm looking up to you for motivation. These last couple of weeks have been hectic 'n all - and this weekend has been a lazy sort of one for me. I desperately need to kick start my motivational va-va-voom to start going. smiley Like you, I've not done much exercising either and climbed on the scale to make sure there aren't any extra lbs creeping in but it's hard this winter. I've managed to be er...fairly careful with my calorific intake but I know I need to do better.

Oya answer my question about making your own lunch to work....what motivates you et al? What do you do with the money you save? Biko, I need to learn some Ijebu tricks from you cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I'm looking up to you for motivation. These last couple of weeks have been hectic 'n all - and this weekend has been a lazy sort of one for me. I desperately need to kick start my motivational va-va-voom to start going. smiley Like you, I've not done much exercising either and climbed on the scale to make sure there aren't any extra lbs creeping in but it's hard this winter. I've managed to be er...fairly careful with my calorific intake but I know I need to do better.

Oya answer my question about making your own lunch to work....what motivates you et al? What do you do with the money you save? Biko, I need to learn some Ijebu tricks from you cheesy cheesy

Loool at ijebu tricks .. Yeah it also saves. Money.

At all the money I save.. cheesy one thing stops another thing takes over. I need a brand new wardrobe so all the savings has been overshadowed with me getting new clothes as my old ones were beginning to look ridiculous on me .
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
damiso:

My office is in a awkward location and so you don't have a wide range of places to get food s not to talk of healthy options. I also have a 30min lunch most days cos that way I can leave early to pick up and do activities with my daughter during the week. So I realised by having my lunch with me just saved the time on going to get something to eat.

It also helps me to not eat junk when I meal prep and plan ahead. So on Sunday's I make 3 different meals and put in the fridge and just pick up every morning on my way out.

To mix it up I could make a base meal ie jollof brown rice or quinoa at weekend then have it with various salads/steamed broccoli/spinach and then maybe fish/grilled chicken depending on what is available. So the base meal is already prepped but the other stuff would take less than 15 mins to make the night before.

I also find healthier meals tend to take less time to prepare. Also you know when you make it yourself there are 'unwanted' additives

That sounds good.

I started mine two weeks ago. I made a huge pot of Jollof rice for the family and some moi-moi with fried plantains and green vegs for them. I knew I would be tempted so while cooking those, decided to make beans porridge. Most of my kids don't like beans anyway, so I decided to make it with everything (tomatoes, pepper, onions, crayfish, seasoning) but without any palm oil. Then placed them in plastic seal-able containers - but before storing them away, added some mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, carrots, green peas, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts). That served as my main lunch. I also take an assortment of fruits with me to nibble on mid-morning (a banana, clementine, green & purple grapes, and an apple). A strawberry yourghurt for dessert shortly after lunch and some roasted cashew nuts to nibble on at tea-time. Also helps keep me awake during boring telephone meetings. cheesy

I know it might sound a lot but I still stick religiously to my lime and lemon concotion every morning + some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a litre of water for breakfast. Kinda explains why I feel ravenous by lunch time (12noon) grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
damiso:

Loool at ijebu tricks .. Yeah it also saves. Money.

At all the money I save.. cheesy one thing stops another thing takes over. I need a brand new wardrobe so all the savings has been overshadowed with me getting new clothes as my old ones were beginning to look ridiculous on me .

Haha! Yes na - I need to source some ideas from you.

I was thinking, I could put that £50 - £60 I save weekly on buying lunch, etc from work into a Cash ISA every week. That's been my honest intention but then I found myself shopping at Boots embarassed embarassed Which isn't such a bad thing oh! As they had this deal going on last week or so at the Canary Branch - Spend £50 or more and get £10 worth of Advantage points on your Boots Card. I managed to get up to £52 worth of points and guess what? I found that bike my daughter's been asking for since the beginning of this year. £35. Now that's come in quite handy for me. Don't ask me what I'll be getting the others - it's a completely different story! cool cool
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

That sounds good.

I started mine two weeks ago. I made a huge pot of Jollof rice for the family and some moi-moi with fried plantains and green vegs for them. I knew I would be tempted so while cooking those, decided to make beans porridge. Most of my kids don't like beans anyway, so I decided to make it with everything (tomatoes, pepper, onions, crayfish, seasoning) but without any palm oil. Then placed them in plastic seal-able containers - but before storing them away, added some mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, carrots, green peas, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts). That served as my main lunch. I also take an assortment of fruits with me to nibble on mid-morning (a banana, clementine, green & purple grapes, and an apple). A strawberry yourghurt for dessert shortly after lunch and some roasted cashew nuts to nibble on at tea-time. Also helps keep me awake during boring telephone meetings. cheesy

I know it might sound a lot but I still stick religiously to my lime and lemon concotion every morning + some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a litre of water for breakfast. Kinda explains why I feel ravenous by lunch time (12noon) grin grin

That's very good. Beans is also a good base meal.

You will get more creative as the time goes on and buying lunch will eventually become a once in a while treat for you .

You are trying with the breakfast o .me I have something a bit more filling which is always mostly unsweetened oats and a fruit/veg though. Some days I have 0% Greek yoghurt and a bannana, some days 1 whole meal toast boiled eggs and a tomato but I must chop.

I work out in the mornings now and have very light dinners so I would just faint if I did not have a somewhat filling breakfast .also means I snack less. Snacking was my greatest issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.