Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (145164 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone, thanks to OP and others for taking the time out to explain things, I've learnt a lot.

I'm wondering what the prospects/benefits are for a law student who takes the ICAN examinations..?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Saheed69(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2015
Please sir, for how long would i wait before they can grant my ican prof. Exemption application
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Bobbyzain(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please can someone with a waec certificate apply for the Ican studentship examinations, and if yes which level will I start from??
Thanks....
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by profem1(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2015
Bobbyzain:
Please can someone with a waec certificate apply for the Ican studentship examinations, and if yes which level will I start from??
Thanks....
ATS 1
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Bobbyzain(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2015
profem1:

ATS 1
Thanks a lot.is it a must for me to be a registered student before I can register for the exams. And if yes how can I do that from Abuja...what are the processes to be followed
Thanks again...
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Bobbyzain(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2015
funkyjms:

As at the last registration I did last month, NO. Except registration procedure has changed. You are to use the pin voucher to access the registration form, fill in the required data and upload a passport of 20kb maximum in size. Find a way to compress your passport.

I wouldn't want to give a direct response to this because I'm only familiar with the NYSC certicate option. Certainly, I know your school will send your transcripts (of course, you have to process it) directly to ICAN and not you but I don't know how your other documents will finally "accompany" the sent transcript. Consequently, I'd advise you to visit ICAN offfice for clarifications or probably send a mail.

The smaller envelope is ok. In fact, just a stamped self addressed envelope was collected from me. I returned home with other two envelopes and stamps. smiley
please can't I also send those requirements to their branch in Abuja. Must I take them Lagos
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by profem1(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2015
Bobbyzain:
Thanks a lot.is it a must for me to be a registered student before I can register for the exams. And if yes how can I do that from Abuja...what are the processes to be followed
Thanks again...
Yh you have to register first. you'll pay 6450 for reg fee and then reg through their site. you can check for information on icanig.org
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Jaylord1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Please sir, for how long would i wait before they can grant my ican prof. Exemption application, and I have little time left.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by profem1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Jaylord1:
Please sir, for how long would i wait before they can grant my ican prof. Exemption application, and I have little time left.
2-3 weeks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Jaylord1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
As it stands now,do you think I can still meet up with the November exam, because I did the processing last week and the registration for exam closes on 30th of October.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by mzpetite(f): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
Jaylord1:
As it stands now,do you think I can still meet up with the November exam, because I did the processing last week and the registration for exam closes on 30th of October.
re u applying for exemptions? if not, den maybe u can
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Jaylord1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
I have applied for exemption already, waiting for confirmation. Hope I can still write Nov exam, cos am ready for it
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Masterbiodun: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Jaylord1:
I have applied for exemption already, waiting for confirmation. Hope I can still write Nov exam, cos am ready for it
please house, I need to be cleared on this too.How long does it takes ICAN to grant One Exemption?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by foluglory: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
I just decided to write d coming november diet. i hope its not toolate. i'm taking two papers;PSAF and MGE. i dont even know d recommended text for MGE. my last attempt was nov 2012.
i need ur advice
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Afokeoghen: 8:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Pls Nairalanders, for a while now i have been wondering where to channel this. I so wish to let ICAN have this feedback. But, when i saw this post, i was like, okay home.

First, i suppose that ICAN exams fees are inclusive of the study packs cost. I have written prof two times, both times I didnt get any study packs. We all know how it is with these softcopies. No easy navigation not to talk of the limitation of having to have your device charged to read.

So last month, i paid for the exams early, hoping i would be able to get them this time. A colleague even told me he got a text announcing that the study packs were now available. Shockingly, i was denied on the basis that i am owing Studentship subscriptions.. My pleas to have mercy that i would pay later fell on deaf ears.. They didnt have my time as they moved on with what they were doing as if i wasnt there anymore. I wish i knew somebody in their office that could help me.

Yes, I owe Subscriptions because my priority is get the exams overwith first.. i know i cant skip the subscription.. it will wait for me at Induction. So i was sort of pushing it forward.

I understand ICAN is trying call outstanding subscriptions home but I felt cheated because I wondered:
Why we were even allowed to pay for exams if ICAN is so after Subscription payment like this and then deny us the reading materials to pass the exams unlike ACCA.
Whether I would still get the packs when I eventually pay the subscriptions say after i qualify.

Please can anybody help..
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by idee91: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2015
foluglory:
I just decided to write d coming november diet. i hope its not toolate. i'm taking two papers;PSAF and MGE. i dont even know d recommended text for MGE. my last attempt was nov 2012.
i need ur advice
The study pack Is sufficient for you. All the required principles you need are in it. Then plus pathfinders for Acca. Its the paper p1. You should also check the last two diets ican pathfinder, since thats when they introduced mge. Wishing you the best
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by idee91: 6:05am On Oct 14, 2015
Masterbiodun:

please house, I need to be cleared on this too.How long does it takes ICAN to grant One Exemption?
Two weeks. Hope you are not waiting for any confirmation message or mail though ?. Keep checking the portal to see how many courses are left on ur dash board.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by idee91: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Jaylord1:
Yes you can meet up. Deadline of payment for exams is 16days from now, and for online registration is nov 6th
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Daviewonder(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)
Weldone sir, I originally heard AATWA induction is a three day programme but now I'm hearing it is now done in a one day.. Can u clarify sir! Also I want to confirm if it is compulsory to put on a suit for d induction or just dress corporate? Also sir I will like to know how many refrees are needed to do the professional student registration. Thanks sir
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Daviewonder(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2015
idee91:

Yes you can meet up. Deadline of payment for exams is 16days from now, and for online registration is nov 6th
Weldone sir, I originally heard AATWA induction is a three
day programme but now I'm hearing it is now done in a one
day.. Can u clarify sir! Also I want to confirm if it is
compulsory to put on a suit for d induction or just dress
corporate? Also sir I will like to know how many refrees are
needed to do the professional student registration. Thanks
sir
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Masterbiodun: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
idee91:

Two weeks. Hope you are not waiting for any confirmation message or mail though ?. Keep checking the portal to see how many courses are left on ur dash board.
Thanks bro
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by busayhour(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Daviewonder:

Weldone sir, I originally heard AATWA induction is a three day programme but now I'm hearing it is now done in a one day.. Can u clarify sir! Also I want to confirm if it is compulsory to put on a suit for d induction or just dress corporate? Also sir I will like to know how many refrees are needed to do the professional student registration. Thanks sir
bro result is not yet out na.but I like ur faith
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Daviewonder(m): 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
busayhour:
bro result is not yet out na.but I like ur faith
Bro I finished with march diet, I was too busy with school to come down to lagos for d induction then. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by busayhour(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
Daviewonder:

Bro I finished with march diet, I was too busy with school to come down to lagos for d induction then. Thanks
OK sorry then.am still waiting for d result
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by cornelokon(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
I am a graduate of Accounting from an ICAN accredited University. I want to register for ICAN and start writing the exams. Pls I really want to know how much is the registration form (the amount paid to Zenith bank), the process flow like how get the pin voucher, the link on how to register online , the amount for exemptions etc.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Ugosample(m): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good afternoon everyone. I intend registering for ICAN examinations next diet, and i want to ask, what exemptions am i entitled to with a bachelor's degree in economics, and which stage do i start from? Thank you.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Daviewonder(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
busayhour:
OK sorry then.am still waiting for d result
Ok man. Wish u best of luck with the results... Hopefully we'll be both be inducted in december.......
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Daviewonder(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ugosample:
Good afternoon everyone. I intend registering for ICAN examinations next diet, and i want to ask, what exemptions am i entitled to with a bachelor's degree in economics, and which stage do i start from? Thank you.
Visit www.ican.org.ng nd I'm sure u'll see answers to ur questns
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by busayhour(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Daviewonder:

Ok man. Wish u best of luck with the results... Hopefully we'll be both be inducted in december.......
Amen bro
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ABDamola(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ugosample:
U will b exempted 4rm QTB and Business Finance!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by duzylion: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]I need ur help pls.am ND holder and I want to study for ICAN,what level am I going to start from and how am I goin to go about it pls
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Emyben(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
As an Msc degree holder in Architecture, can i expand my scope and become a chattered accountant, if yes? How and what is necessary to be done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.