Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? (43398 Views)

Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign / Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by coolluk(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
amanda2013:
undecided amanda2013

So U will smite corruption with ur beauty abi?
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by M4gunners: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
For that Woman that contested with them in this just concluded election.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by coolluk(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
amanda2013:
undecided amanda2013

So U will smite corruption with ur beauty abi?[b][/b]
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Popemax(m): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
Charles Soludo
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by juman(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
dre11:
Col Abubakar Umar

He is already part of inner caucus of jonathan's government (a corrupt government).

He might not be appropriate.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by lanrock(m): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
i dont knw for now bt im seaching.....
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by p1jiobi: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
Since it takes a thief to catch a thief, d most corrupt Governor under the outgoing administration be appointed & mandated to fish thieves out of government. As long as they succed, they wld be spared jail time for their own corruption. In view of this I suggest d following 1. Dieziani Maduekwe. 2. Gabriel Suswan. 3. James Ibori. 4. Timipreye siliva

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by agriboom: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
theV0ice:
Col Abubakar Dangiwar Umar if he's still alive

Rt Col Hamid Ali, was governor during Abacha, Buhari is child's play compared to this one

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by NewsHub: 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jega
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
doctokwus:

Pls don't repeat it let thunder not fire u.He is stained already.
He has done it before and he can do it again. grin
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Seun:
The normal police should be reformed and the EFCC placed under them. There is nothing special about financial crimes. It's a police thing.
Ah, Seun...Wetin you chop this evening?
1st time you impressed me...
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by theV0ice: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
GentleToks:

Can you pls tell much abt him

He's the brave kano Prince who though a diehard IBB boy, looked IBB in the face and told him he was wrong on the case of the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. He was military governor of Kaduna state and is reputed to have made the statement "I can follow IBB to war blindfolded" to show how much he believed in IBB as a general.

He lost his commission because he refused to support the annulnent or Abacha's takeover of govt instead of handing over to MKO. Rumour has it that he would have been killed if not because he was a blue blood. All these despite his famed dislike of MKO whom he viewed as arrogant but he insisted justice and fairplay demanded MKO be sworn in even if he was a devil

He left the Army and government unceremoniously, a simple man without money or scandal. The last I heard of him is that he was into poultry farming. I think gej offered him chairmanship of one probe committee in 2011 but umar declined.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Itsemmy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rtd AIG Amen Edore Oyakhire of owan west EDO state is the right man for d EFCC Boss. He is a man of no nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Emasel(m): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
The EFCC Chairman has to be a high ranking police officer, at least in the CP cadre.
So most of your nominees here won't count.
Any senior police officer with integrity can do the job.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by tonero230(m): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Fr.,Mbaka
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by GentleToks(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
theV0ice:

He's the brave kano Prince who though a diehard IBB boy, looked IBB in the face and told him he was wrong on the case of the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. He was military governor of Kaduna state and is reputed to have made the statement "I can follow IBB to war blindfolded" to show how much he believed in IBB as a general.

He lost his commission because he refused to support the annulnent or Abacha's takeover of govt instead of handing over to MKO. Rumour has it that he would have been killed if not because he was a blue blood. All these despite his famed dislike of MKO whom he viewed as arrogant but he insisted justice and fairplay demanded MKO be sworn in even if he was a devil

He left the Army and government unceremoniously, a simple man without money or scandal. The last I heard of him is that he was into poultry farming. I think gej offered him chairmanship of one probe committee in 2011 but umar declined.

Waoh!!!! I m interested in him. I ll go and do my research on him.....

Thank you
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by blissonlin(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
I THINK OBJ, IBB, PROF. ASAJU OLADAPO LASU, NUHU RIBADU AND OSHIOMOHLE WILL BE OK FOR D DEAL. :PI THINK OBJ, IBB, PRO. ASAJU OLADAPO LASU, NUHU RIBADU AND OSHIOMOHLE WILL BE OK FOR D DEAL.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by NewGombawa: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=24pt]EFCC CHAIRMANSHIP, WE NOMINATE.....
The Former Kaduna State Military Administrator,
In the person of Col. Hamid Ibrahim Ali (rtd).
He is the Chief of Staff to the President-Elect.
He is from Bauchi State.[/size]
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by gwales: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
abubakar tsav

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by appini: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Bola Tinubu
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Seun:
The normal police should be reformed and the EFCC placed under them. There is nothing special about financial crimes. It's a police thing.
True but this is Nigeria where everything is special in its own way. The Npf has become an accronym for corruption and cannot be transformed into fighting corruption overnight. Efcc is still the best we have for now.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Iffffffy(f): 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
We would like Eagle knights or Jaguar knights to hold that position,we know of a particular fellow Tlaui-Colotl (armed scorpion) who duelled and killed five Arrow knights on the Battle Stone with just a left handed staff...he would be the favourite,unfortunately the Texcaltecan warrior was ritually sacrificed to Huitlopopotchli and eaten.
pls, do u still have that book?
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
jaybee3:
Sagamite

Jaybee3

Wah sheyree!

End of corruption in Nigeria be that.

They should just include in my EFCC budget money to build more jails and one big enough to fit Patience Jona--daft.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by padeolu: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
kasperone8:
Professor Rogers Makanjuola
Great Ife!
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by KingsleyCEO: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
The fearless police boss Mr Mbu

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by oluscofield(m): 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
James ibori, alamieseya or fani kayode....lolz
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Texcoco(m): 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Iffffffy:
pls, do u still have that book?
What book? We was there when it all happened, we have been re-incarnated like twice in this merry-go-round called Wheel of life.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by demandtruth: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rtd Major Gen. Ishola Williams
or
Immediate past IGP Abubakar
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by dollarlander: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
If Ribadu is unable to achieve his Governorship ambition, I think he should be brought back to come and revive his baby that had been malnourished politically.

He stands as another nationalist that has hatred for corruption as Papa BUHARI detests corruption.

Since Baba has said he's going to extend hand of fellowship to everyone and also Ribadu should have been in APC but he made a political calculations the he thought was good for him.

But individual political gamble has nothing to do with the entire bigger Nigeria when national assignment beacons on individual who has something good to offer.

I support the candidacy on Nuhu Ribadu for this position.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by theV0ice: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
mmmustapha:
he's still alive

That's good to know. I wish he can be persuaded to come serve the fatherland. In a way, I trust him more than I even trust buhari
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Ijobaorun(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jega was able to perform because Jonathan gave him free hand. He can't succeed in any sector if not fully supported by the precidency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists In Arege, Borno. Recover Weapons (Photos) / Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.