Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? (43374 Views)

Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign / Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ngoziama: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Who do you want as head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)?

He/She will be in charge of the war on corruption in Nigeria

Obasanjo was president and at same time minister for petroleum.Therefore Buhari should be president and also chairman of EFCC otherwise he will start failing if he puts any other person there. Everyone believes that only buhari is corrupt free so let us leave EFCC for gmb. I must be blunt, jega was compromised for this election. Fashola , ok but cant fight corruption.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by lovegeneration(m): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oby ezekusili
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by bewla(m): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
theV0ice:
Col Abubakar Dangiwar Umar if he's still alive

Edited: a little bit about him

He's the brave kano Prince who though a diehard IBB boy, looked IBB in the face and told him he was wrong on the case of the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. He was military governor of Kaduna state and is reputed to have made the statement "I can follow IBB to war blindfolded" to show how much he believed in IBB as a general.

He lost his commission because he refused to support the annulnent or Abacha's takeover of govt instead of handing over to MKO. Rumour has it that he would have been killed if not because he was a blue blood. All these despite his famed dislike of MKO whom he viewed as arrogant but he insisted justice and fairplay demanded MKO be sworn in even if he was a devil

He left the Army and government unceremoniously, a simple man without money or scandal. The last I heard of him is that he was into poultry farming. I think gej offered him chairmanship of one probe committee in 2011 but umar declined.
umar is the man well respected officer back then is the governor i want to emulate

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by idupaul: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
iyimide:
One Elder JKF Oladimeji..

Seems you have nominated your dad

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Iffffffy(f): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
What book? We was there when it all happened, we have been re-incarnated like twice in this merry-go-round called Wheel of life.
the book about texcoco, battle stone, texclatean hernan cortes, mallinalli and so on, ve been looking for d book for so long and ve forgotten the title also, u mentioning those names made me think u have d book or remind me d name.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by appini: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
olas24u:
scrap EFcc and create a ministry of corruption with a Minster of corruption

Na so war against indiscipline take start.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by lovegeneration(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oby ezekusili or that prince from kano col abubakar umar
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by olas24u(f): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
appini:

Na so war against indiscipline take start.

EFCC and ICPC can be merged together and they become ministries so they will be able to specialize and concentrate fully with death penalty as a maximum punishment in a special court .
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by UniqueHomes(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
He should give it to Jagaban!! Tinubu! grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Texcoco(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Iffffffy:
the book about texcoco, battle stone, texclatean hernan cortes, mallinalli and so on, ve been looking for d book for so long and ve forgotten the title also, u mentioning those names made me think u have d book or remind me d name.
Oh,sorry ma'am don't know no book..
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by appini: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nigeria need stronger institutions.

Not strong individuals.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by mandarin: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
There are some government agencies that need reform like the National Population Commission and the EFCC. With d CV of Dangiwar Abubakar Umar listed, may be he should be tested but I will want someone that can actually look IBB in the face as well.Then we can also consider Falana or a tough Ekiti/Ondo man.
ln case Ribadu loses out in the election I will want him engaged in reforming the police may be as the head of police commission or agency.
I think its about time Fola Adeola step up as Finance Minister or CBN governor while Monsur Muktar as Economic planning, Fashola as Energy boss, and if GMB can retain Adesina in Agric it will be nice.Oby can go back to education.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
Stella odua

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by appini: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
olas24u:

EFCC and ICPC can be merged together and they become ministries so they will be able to specialize and concentrate fully with death penalty as a maximum punishment in a special court .

Una don come again with all this killings, how do you want the killings to be done by firing squad, hangings, stoning or by lethal injection?

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Jay5000(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
Captain Sagir Koli. (Ekitigate whistleblower) or colonel Umar
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by frayoontop1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jega
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Adeyinka12(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
All of you ,you no nothing,i beg go bring orubebe jare, make i watch season two sharp sharp, abi no be so?
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by olakintanj(m): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rt. Admiral Kehinde Komolafe
He is discipline, blunt and doggedness. He serves in the Nigeria Navy, he brought great discipline into that field. He blocked all means of embezzlement in the Nigeria Navy, he channels the money into the manufacturing of made in Nigeria ship.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by cdamsel(f): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Jaybee3
I recommend myself as your P.A when the time comes wink

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by blackfase(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
And this also goes to those clamouring for Fashola. Fashola aint qualified. One of d requirements for d post is having worked in any security agencies or having military background, so unless he has any of these, he aint qualified.

echobee:
Fashola
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by olas24u(f): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
appini:

Una don come again with all this killings, how do you want the killings to be done by firing squad, hangings, stoning or by lethal injection?

That is how you can reduce corruption in a developing country ,,or using technology ,but if you use like 3 people as an example ,i can predict you will reduce corruption by 70% ,you will 3 corrupt people from all regions so that they dont come up with trial sentiments
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Amazo: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Who do you want as head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)?

He/She will be in charge of the war on corruption in Nigeria

I'll go with whoever the anti-corruption President Buhari chooses cool
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
mandarin:
There are some government agencies that need reform like the National Population Commission and the EFCC. With d CV of Dangiwar Abubakar Umar listed, may be he should be tested but I will want someone that can actually look IBB in the face as well.Then we can also consider Falana or a tough Ekiti/Ondo man.
ln case Ribadu loses out in the election I will want him engaged in reforming the police may be as the head of police commission or agency.
I think its about time Fola Adeola step up as Finance Minister or CBN governor while Monsur Muktar as Economic planning, Fashola as Energy boss, and if GMB can retain Adesina in Agric it will be nice.Oby can go back to education.
Dr. Adeshina might want to prove loyalty to his boss by rejecting the offer but truly he is one of the few performers in Jonathan's cabinet.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by tempest69: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
Almustapha
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Revolution: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Under the current law only serving or retired security officers (police or military) can be EFCC Chairman. The law needs to be changed to allow others to take on that role. If that happens then I would like Oby Ezekwezili or Fetus Keyamo. If the law isn't change then I would prefer Major General Ishola Williams
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by matingo(f): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jega
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Elsquidme(m): 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Major Almustapha
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ikbnice(m): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
i know dat most pple wud prefer but i wil advise Jega to leave d stage at this tym wen d ovation z loudzt.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by scandybuono: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jegaquine
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ibgoodnews(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
pastor Tunde Bakare
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
zomoears:

Or both bodies merged!

I support this. I'm ny opinion, both are doing thee same thing. Immunity clause should be removed asap!

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by nagoma(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
theV0ice:
Col Abubakar Dangiwar Umar if he's still alive
Edited: a little bit about him
He's the brave kano Prince who though a diehard IBB boy, looked IBB in the face and told him he was wrong on the case of the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. He was military governor of Kaduna state and is reputed to have made the statement "I can follow IBB to war blindfolded" to show how much he believed in IBB as a general.

He lost his commission because he refused to support the annulnent or Abacha's takeover of govt instead of handing over to MKO. Rumour has it that he would have been killed if not because he was a blue blood. All these despite his famed dislike of MKO whom he viewed as arrogant but he insisted justice and fairplay demanded MKO be sworn in even if he was a devil
He left the Army and government unceremoniously, a simple man without money or scandal. The last I heard of him is that he was into poultry farming. I think gej offered him chairmanship of one probe committee in 2011 but umar declined.

Yes Dangiwa is good enough if he accepts. Please note that he is not a " Kano Prince". He is from Kebbi State and his Father Umaru was the Wazirin Gwandu , a learned person , a highly respected educationist of his time and was a member of parliament of the north regional government. I don't think Dangiwa is a prince but is certainly of noble birth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds / Iweala’s Family To Open Multi-million Dollar Hospital In Abuja - Sahara Reporter / Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.