Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls (3589 Views)

Heeelllpppppp! Advice Urgently Needed. / Pls Advice Urgently Nairalanders... / To The Mothers,I need help o. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
I am a new mother by hs grace,for the past 3wks now,since my bby clocked 3wks,i hv not had enough sleep because of my baby,both day n night,he keeps disturbing n crying,even wen he feeds,he kips turning n sweezing himself in pains,sometym wen he cnt contain d pains,he will start wimpin n d feeding stops,then crying follows,d worst is wen he sleeps,he kips turning n making sounds evry 5mins due to d pains,until it wokes him up,it doesnt allow him sleep,nd there is dis rumbling sound dat comes frm his belly,mothers..pls wat is happening to him?,wat do i do?,my whole system is down due to lack of sleep n rest,i need help,,mothers n doctor too
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Madam if truly this is of great concern to you, why not take your child to a nearby Hospital?

8 Likes

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Pls take him to a Pediatrician ASAP!

3 Likes

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by bennyrazz: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
@op, that your baby needs agbo Jedi Jedi grin I think he has stomach upset cuz u ate a lot of sugary stuff while pregnant or you can try Gripe water. But as many as suggested, take him to the hospital for examination.
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Iolite(f): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Take him to the hospital. I guess it should be his navel or E.coli, all the same take him for check up and always press his navel with not too hot water whenever u bath him.
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 03, 2015
Jesus, OP I hope you have taken that baby to a good paediatrician

1 Like

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by cococandy(f): 5:12am On Apr 03, 2015
Me that doesn't play with my sleep embarassed
Una dey make me fear o
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by lastnogood(f): 6:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Most breastfed babies develop gripe like symptoms during the 21st day, 3-4 months old.

Babies especially, breastfed ones get constipated at this stage because they release their bowels once a week.

The issue here is that, you don't know if you're dealing with this or something more complex. So go find a reliable doctor and get the baby examined.

1 Like

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by mcdokwe(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2015
ikechizoba:
I am a new mother by hs grace,for the past 3wks now,since my bby clocked 3wks,i hv not had enough sleep because of my baby,both day n night,he keeps disturbing n crying,even wen he feeds,he kips turning n sweezing himself in pains,sometym wen he cnt contain d pains,he will start wimpin n d feeding stops,then crying follows,d worst is wen he sleeps,he kips turning n making sounds evry 5mins due to d pains,until it wokes him up,it doesnt allow him sleep,nd there is dis rumbling sound dat comes frm his belly,mothers..pls wat is happening to him?,wat do i do?,my whole system is down due to lack of sleep n rest,i need help,,mothers n doctor too
did his umbilical cord just come off? You need either colipan or gripe water to cool it down. You need to see a doctor otherwise it would stop with time. Congrats
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 03, 2015
I am a father, not a mother, but I have helped my wife raise all our kids. I know how much of a trial it can be staying up all night, every night, with a crying baby worried about what could be wrong with him. My symphathies; this issone of the reasons why we all love our mums.

As for your baby, these are the reasons I can think of...

Your baby's symptoms are signs of gas in his bowels. I am guessing that you do not have access to an experienced elder woman (they have their ways). So to start from the beginning.

Whenever you are through feeding him, stand him upright against your shoulder and gently massage or tap his back. Continue until he belches. This will minimize the gas that stays in his belly.

Keep him away from the fan or strong breeze. Babies swallow air a lot.

Dress him up warmly. If you want to bathe him, do so in a closed room, and afterwards, massage his belly gently with slightly warm olive oil. Check whether his navel has healed properly. Keep it covered with a cloth pad and a bandage.

As others have suggested, take him to a paediatrician; if only to rule out infections. Though with no fevers etc, I do not think this is the case. Still, better to be on the safe side. Also, some doctors do not encourage the use of gripe water. Perhaps you can use the opportunity to enquire about this.

Consider trying a breast milk substitute. Sometimes, the woman's milk may not be ok for her baby. But only do this in consultation with a doctor... and exhaust all other options first.

God bless.

7 Likes

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by desirel: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2015
your baby has cramps, that disturb him so much. is usual with the new baby to have this kind of cramps/colic, because the new way of feeding (not more through the ombilical cordon). you should look for some baby drops(infacol) or babytea and give it to him after he finish eating. again you should be sure that the child barp all the air out after eating. the cramps can take a while 2-4 months. I have a 3 months old, and the first 4 weeks were crazy, but now everything is fine.

1 Like

Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by edwife(f): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Infacol,The little tummies,ovol all are good for this case but please ask your doctor.

Some few things can help like laying him on his tummy, if breastfeeding make sure you eat right.Stop sugary foods and high intake of milk .

It is important to burp every 3 to 5 minutes during feedings or between breasts.Place your baby on the shoulder until he burp. If your baby is bottle-fed, make certain that the bottle’s nipple is the right size. If the nipple is too big, it will cause your baby to eat too fast. If it’s too small, it will cause your baby to gulp air.

Whenever the baby is crying attend to him,do not let them cry for long because that when they absorb gas-please with little pressure,massage his tummy...they feel better afterwards.

Don't panic much,it is a normal phase for almost 3 months.
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Am not a mum yet but av watched my mum take care of her grand kids, wat she does to prevent the upset is regular cleaning of the navel like 6times daily for atleast 1month postnatal with spirit, she said she learnt from experiwnce.
you can also try and raise the abdominal part incase of trapped air. all the best.
Re: Please Mothers,i Need Your Advice Urgently Pls by richyblink1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
Me that doesn't play with my sleep embarassed
Una dey make me fear o

Been thinking you are either a family(married)woman or a mature lady. Guess you are just blessed upstairs!!!

(1) (Reply)

A Short True Life Story: Mr. Tosin And Paternity Palava / Remembering Hungerbad, Nairaland Most Iconic Figure That Passed Away / If I Were A Man....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.