Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,977 members, 7,866,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Hoodlums Attacks Osun Kings And Destroy Palace Cars And Buildings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Attacks Osun Kings And Destroy Palace Cars And Buildings (1049 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Buhari Plans To Bomb And Destroy The Niger-delta, Says IYC / Nigerian Soldiers Capture And Destroy 10 Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attacks Osun Kings And Destroy Palace Cars And Buildings by kindas: 12:36am On Apr 03, 2015
HOODLUMS, who claimed to be celebrating the victory of Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) in Osun State, on Wednesday night attacked the palace of the Alaagba of Aagba, Oba Rufus Ogunwole.
Aagba is in the Boripe Local Government Area of Osun State and Oba Ogunwole was suspected to be a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in the area.
The attackers vandalised the palace building and vehicles parked within the premises.
Palace sources told our correspondent that the hoodlums, operating under the name “Odo Oru”, literally meaning “night youths”, carted away a crown, beaded walking sticks and other paraphernalia of office of the Alaagba.
Ogunwole was also said to have escaped death by the whiskers.
The monarch told our correspondent on Thursday that his attackers were after his life because they believed that he was sympathetic to the PDP.
He said, “They have been terrorising people since. Some people in the town assembled the youths but they no longer have control over them again.
“They have spread their tentacles to other communities. They attacked the palace because they believe I am still a member of the PDP. I was a member of the PDP before I became the Alaagba but I don’t belong to any political party now.”
He confirmed that eight vehicles were vandalised while parts of the palace were also destroyed by the attackers.
Armed security personnel have however been deployed in the town.
Houses of some chiefs in the community, including the residence of Eesa of Aagba, Chief James Bamigbola, were also attacked and the chief’s car was also vandalised.
A resident of the town, who identified himself as Oluseye Aborisade, told our correspondent that the monarch was attacked because he was suspected to be a leader of the PDP.
Aborisade said, “The gang known as Odo Oru has been terrorising the community for quite some time now. They believe that since Buhari has won every member of the PDP must be dealt with.
“They said that they would kill and nothing would happen. Did we kill any of them when President Goodluck Jonathan won in 2011?”
However, another resident of the town, who pleaded not to be named, told our correspondent that the violence had nothing to do with politics. He said it was a chieftaincy crisis, which, he said, started since 2009.
The Commissioner of Police in charge of election in Osun State, Mr. Sam Okaula, confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with our correspondent.
Okaula said that 10 suspects had been arrested in connection with the violence and that they would be charged to court if found culpable.
“I have information like that. Our men have arrested 10 suspects in connection with the crisis. Ten suspects are in our cell now. The CID is investigating the matter to see the roles they played in the crisis,” the CP said.
http://pelwal33..com/2015/04/hoodlums-attacks-osun-kings-and-destroy.html

Re: Hoodlums Attacks Osun Kings And Destroy Palace Cars And Buildings by nzeadachie: 2:32am On Apr 03, 2015
AND THEY BLAME FOYOSE FOR IMPOSING CURFEW IN EKITI STATE, APC WIN NA FIGHT IF THEY NO WIN NA FIGHT

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Attacks Osun Kings And Destroy Palace Cars And Buildings by dayodare490: 3:00am On Apr 03, 2015
kindas:
HOODLUMS, who claimed to be celebrating the victory of Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) in Osun State, on Wednesday night attacked the palace of the Alaagba of Aagba, Oba Rufus Ogunwole.
Aagba is in the Boripe Local Government Area of Osun State and Oba Ogunwole was suspected to be a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in the area.
The attackers vandalised the palace building and vehicles parked within the premises.
Palace sources told our correspondent that the hoodlums, operating under the name “Odo Oru”, literally meaning “night youths”, carted away a crown, beaded walking sticks and other paraphernalia of office of the Alaagba.
Ogunwole was also said to have escaped death by the whiskers.
The monarch told our correspondent on Thursday that his attackers were after his life because they believed that he was sympathetic to the PDP.
He said, “They have been terrorising people since. Some people in the town assembled the youths but they no longer have control over them again.
“They have spread their tentacles to other communities. They attacked the palace because they believe I am still a member of the PDP. I was a member of the PDP before I became the Alaagba but I don’t belong to any political party now.”
He confirmed that eight vehicles were vandalised while parts of the palace were also destroyed by the attackers.
Armed security personnel have however been deployed in the town.
Houses of some chiefs in the community, including the residence of Eesa of Aagba, Chief James Bamigbola, were also attacked and the chief’s car was also vandalised.
A resident of the town, who identified himself as Oluseye Aborisade, told our correspondent that the monarch was attacked because he was suspected to be a leader of the PDP.
Aborisade said, “The gang known as Odo Oru has been terrorising the community for quite some time now. They believe that since Buhari has won every member of the PDP must be dealt with.
“They said that they would kill and nothing would happen. Did we kill any of them when President Goodluck Jonathan won in 2011?”
However, another resident of the town, who pleaded not to be named, told our correspondent that the violence had nothing to do with politics. He said it was a chieftaincy crisis, which, he said, started since 2009.
The Commissioner of Police in charge of election in Osun State, Mr. Sam Okaula, confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with our correspondent.
Okaula said that 10 suspects had been arrested in connection with the violence and that they would be charged to court if found culpable.
“I have information like that. Our men have arrested 10 suspects in connection with the crisis. Ten suspects are in our cell now. The CID is investigating the matter to see the roles they played in the crisis,” the CP said. Why would they collect that kind of big money from president without carrying out the purpose the money paid for? They deserve death for playing fast on the President of the most populous black nation.
http://pelwal33..com/2015/04/hoodlums-attacks-osun-kings-and-destroy.html

(1) (Reply)

What Would General Muhammhadu Buhari Do About This? / Moderators Please Ban Any Ethnic Induced Thread / Kano Is A No-man’s Land ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.