Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? (1120 Views)

"She Carry Belle For Front & Back" - Media React To Lady's Pregnancy Photo / How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by eyeon(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Good morning to you.
I just have a question to ask... I don't really know if it has been asked before or not but I have to ask and it goes this way;
As a mum or dad that you are or might be, how would you feel or what would be your first reaction if your son or daughter walks up to you one day and says "Dad/mum; I'm a g*y." OR "dad/mum; I'm a l*sbo."?
If me, I'll be dumb-stricken for hours or possibly for days.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by richol(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2015
i will ask him who his or her father is.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by eyeon(m): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2015
richol:
i will ask him who his or her father is.
It's an assumption that you are the father... So what will you do?
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by richol(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2015
eyeon:
exactly,cos im sure he will seize to be from dat day.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by innervoice(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2015
I would lie if I said that it would not make me feel somehow disappointed but knowing the kind of discrimination homose-xuals face, I would decide to love and support my child even more. There is nothing else that would be reasonable to do, rejecting one's child is not an option.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by richol(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2015
eyeon:
on a lighter note,i will stop assumming
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by eyeon(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2015
richol:
exactly,cos im sure he will seize to be from dat day.
I got you.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by Euphrosyne(m): 12:39am On Apr 04, 2015
I will simply wake up from that nightmare
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by fexichi(f): 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
I would not do anything immediately. I will be shocked , definitely. I will think long and hard about what I did wrong in raising this child. I will much later have a one on one discussion to ascertain if she really knows what she is talking about, get her to open up to me . I will let her know that I am opposed to it but I will try not to judge her. My miracle working God does not sleep, so I will tender my case to baba God.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by SAMBARRY: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
I will pretend like I didn't hear or she wasn't talking to me
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by eyeon(m): 8:00am On Apr 06, 2015
fexichi:
I would not do anything immediately. I will be shocked , definitely. I will think long and hard about what I did wrong in raising this child. I will much later have a one on one discussion to ascertain if she really knows what she is talking about, get her to open up to me . I will let her know that I am opposed to it but I will try not to judge her. My miracle working God does not sleep, so I will tender my case to baba God.
Motherly.
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by eyeon(m): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I will pretend like I didn't hear or she wasn't talking to me
And afterwards?
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by SAMBARRY: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2015
eyeon:
And afterwards?
nothing
Re: As A Parent, How Would You React To This If It Happens? by englishmart(m): 8:12am On Apr 06, 2015
that's their choice. It's not my problem

(1) (Reply)

Will I Regret Not Dating Her / 12 Things Wives Should Take Notice Of! / Fathers, Can You Do This To Your Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.