Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo (44137 Views)

Jonathan Defeated Boko Haram, Not Buhari - Perry Brimah / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan Will Beat Buhari In North – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
PDP forever

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Montaque(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Marvin67:

Pls don't take anything away from the man's golden moment. He had options. He could have remained silent nd said nothing. Was he tamed by Africa's peace keepers when he maintained his calm despite the whole card reader debacle on saturday? Was he tamed by Africa's peace keepers when he told his party not to contest the result at the tribunal? That you don't like him, doesn't mean he's not a gentleman. Everyone that has met Jonathan personally has attested to the fact that the man is a pure gentleman and a man of peace. Even Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, despite all his issues with Jonathan kept saying, Jonathan is a good man, surrounded by bad advicers. Pls join the whole world in celebrating this man.
Thank you bro.
From the statements he made before the press after the troubles with the card reader, i knew that he will concede if he loses.
The man has a place in my heart. He did what his assailants never did and will find hard to do.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by unitysheart(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nice write up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Matty33(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Marvin67:
I never understood what people meant whenever they said GEJ never loses a battle until I saw the outcome of the elections. The 2015 presidential election wasn't just a battle between GEJ and GMB, it was also a battle between GEJ and OBJ.
Everyone who knows Nigeria well, knows that OBJ spent his time in office, trying to create a name for himself in Africa. Eventually, he left office and became one of Africa's most respected former leaders. GEJ however had more issues on his neck while he was Nigeria's president, and I'm sure he almost had no time to think of Africa. But after losing the elections, GEJ performed an act that made him leap frog OBJ to being one of Africa's greatest. His singular act of congratulating the winner, made the whole world and all of Africa respect him. In some quarters he's been described as the father of modern democracy in Nigeria.

Even the APC which I never thought would ever use the name Jonathan and commend in the same sentence has this to say through Alhaji Lai Mohammed by that
singular act, which went a long way in dousing post-election tension, the President had snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
It also noted that Jonathan had written his name in gold in the annals of Nigeria’s history and catapulted himself to a statesman.

Also, Mo Ibrahim a man who has never said anything about OBJ had this to say about GEJ; Thank you Mr President. If you are seeking a legacy, you have definitely achieved
it.”
If GEJ eventually wins the Mo Ibrahim award for 2015, then he'd definitely be smiling all over Africa, far more than OBJ is smiling. When the UN, AU, Commonwealth, etc looks for an African democrat to use an example, they'd definitely use GEJ, while OBJ falls into the category of so many former presidents.

Lastly, as my warri friend said "who God don bless, God don bless, Jona no dey ever lose. Him lose Aso Rock, but him win Africa".
May the trend live longer than GEJ, may GMB and others to come follow suit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by 2scorehigh(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
ha ha ha... May 29th loading... Otuoke calling grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by geoworldedu: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Marvin67:
I never understood what people meant whenever they said GEJ never loses a battle until I saw the outcome of the elections. The 2015 presidential election wasn't just a battle between GEJ and GMB, it was also a battle between GEJ and OBJ.
Everyone who knows Nigeria well, knows that OBJ spent his time in office, trying to create a name for himself in Africa. Eventually, he left office and became one of Africa's most respected former leaders. GEJ however had more issues on his neck while he was Nigeria's president, and I'm sure he almost had no time to think of Africa. But after losing the elections, GEJ performed an act that made him leap frog OBJ to being one of Africa's greatest. His singular act of congratulating the winner, made the whole world and all of Africa respect him. In some quarters he's been described as the father of modern democracy in Nigeria.

Even the APC which I never thought would ever use the name Jonathan and commend in the same sentence has this to say through Alhaji Lai Mohammed by that
singular act, which went a long way in dousing post-election tension, the President had snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
It also noted that Jonathan had written his name in gold in the annals of Nigeria’s history and catapulted himself to a statesman.

Also, Mo Ibrahim a man who has never said anything about OBJ had this to say about GEJ; Thank you Mr President. If you are seeking a legacy, you have definitely achieved
it.”
If GEJ eventually wins the Mo Ibrahim award for 2015, then he'd definitely be smiling all over Africa, far more than OBJ is smiling. When the UN, AU, Commonwealth, etc looks for an African democrat to use an example, they'd definitely use GEJ, while OBJ falls into the category of so many former presidents.

Lastly, as my warri friend said "who God don bless, God don bless, Jona no dey ever lose. Him lose Aso Rock, but him win Africa".

You have misplaced the names in your context. pls do check and correct your mistake. You mean to say 'How Obasanjo Defeated Jonathan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Glowww(f): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is the only Nigerian President that has sincerely earned my respect.
He has written his name in the sands of time.
His gentlemanship is worthy of emulation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by toluleke(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
I love jonathan but his advisers and those who surrounded his government were corrupt...sai baba sai buhari...baba u better do well or I port from you too...Rip to the kano REC..

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nice..
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Oceemo(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Marvin67:

it.”

This guy done loose, him don loose what's all this write up 2 make it look as if he has won award when it was a very big surprise 2 them (pdp) after all what they did. Nigeria voted against them so I get pissed by write up like this and if mr president will see this as an achievement then I think he is really a very clueless punk.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by KingTom(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
When Obasanjo became the first African Military Head of state to willingly hand over power to Civilians na so dem Praise am too o, soon the novelty of GEJ's concession will be forgotten. And as for Jonathan defeating Obasanjo? Bros where are you from? Jonathan threw Obasanjo away and pitched his tenth with Thief. Buruji Kashamu, Fayose et al, now who is laughing, the man packing back to the creeks or the Man who has been in his farm for the past 8 years?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by egift(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Marvin67:

it.”

The relevance of Jonathan in the International community as an envoy, depends solely on Buhari. If Buhari have to chose between GEJ and OBJ, ask yourself who comes first. In the next year or two, GEJ will be totally irrelevant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by sanc2s(f): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Baawaa:
For majority of those that think Jonathan willingly congratulate the people's general don't know anything, Jonathan was tamed like baby by African peace keepers to congratulate the people's general.
your statement simply shows ur level of reasoning and age. So ure better than Obama and the whole world that's congratulating jonathan? How I wish there will be age bracket in Nairaland before they allow u open the acount. So many kids are here. So many

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by onlyson16(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=thepathologist post=32305482][/quote] dis show me how sick upstar u ar meanwhile i pledge my respet to gej ever my lov
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by thepatroit: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
A lot of you don't understand the dynamics of politics. While I commend Gej for what he did because I know the general would never have done such, going so far to call Gej a hero is just overdoing it. That guy aint a hero. Someone who spent billions of naira campaigning and kneeling before everybody. Do you know he was with the international community when the results were being announced? He was held by the balls. Don't joke with foreigners. They played this heroic scene before him and he swallowed it. Had his vampires been the ones with him, he wouldn't have been so magnanimous. He's a good man. He was just used by self-centered people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by ddippset(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
MightyD:
OBJ didn't defeated GEJ.....

GEJ chose to defeated Himself just to welcomed peace in Nigeria***
this ya English na die. Please tell me you are joking. Pleeeeeease!

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by millionboi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Baawaa:
For majority of those that think Jonathan willingly congratulate the people's general don't know anything, Jonathan was tamed like baby by African peace keepers to congratulate the people's general.
sentiments has so eaten u up,to d extend dat u cnt appreciate Good conduct/loyalty 2bad of u

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by bong4(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Baawaa:
would your peoples' general have congratulated GEJ if he (buhari) had lost. Would he have accepted any advice?

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by 9jatatafo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
ayokellany:
Jonathan is too dull with his ogogoro saturated brain to be a stateman in African context. He as minute or no knowledge of happenings in Africa.

Appreciate what is good and stop hating

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
sanc2s:
your statement simply shows ur level of reasoning and age. So ure better than Obama and the whole world that's congratulating jonathan? How I wish there will be age bracket in Nairaland before they allow u open the acount. So many kids are here. So many

You can say that again. Too many kids here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by angelo82: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Obj beat Jonathan hands down.........Never Bleep with elders......I mean real elders with potency of control.........In a way,I somehow pity Jonathan but those hypocrites insulting every tribe in Nigeria caused his downfall..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Hope15: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
The only way Jonathan might have defeated OBJ, in this instance, would be in the size of their loot! Concessionary heroism?? He get choice before?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by skillfuldee: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Everyone keeps saying PGEJ is a hero for his singular act of congratulating GMB. My question is "What will a reason man in PGEJ's shoes do?". He congratulated GMB, so?Who cares? May be Maltina does anyway.Abeg leave mata for Martha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by loomer: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Baawaa:

U be mumu, if Jonathan wanted violence in Nigeria, e no hard am to do, use ur head and give the man the credit he deserves.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
skillfuldee:
Everyone keeps saying PGEJ is a hero for his singular act of congratulating GMB. My question is "What will a reason man in PGEJ's shoes do?". He congratulated GMB, so?Who cares? May be Maltina does anyway.Abeg leave mata for Martha

Are you aware GMB'S refusal to do same in 2011 led many lives to their graves untimely?

Just saying!
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by chrisviral(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

The relevance of Jonathan in the International community as an envoy, depends solely on Buhari. If Buhari have to chose between GEJ and OBJ, ask yourself who comes first. In the next year or two, GEJ will be totally irrelevant.

And you?
Where will you be?

Oga judge mtcheeew
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Texcoco(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

UN don't select envoys based on recommendation of Govt especially a third world country at that....And even if Buhari was to chose independently, would he chose a cantekrous fellow Obj or one who just earned his respects?? Forget your bad belle,GEJ's star power will be used very well by UN and there is nothing you or anybody can do about it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by bobcharly(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by aresa: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
lol @ TaNOiDs rewriting history and still contesting concluded elections.

Jonathan's record as the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent president ever in the history of mankind wont disappear for decades to come, we'll even pass it on to our unborn kids.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
cyril83:

The overrated loser and his co losers just killed kano REC this morning... Abi u no dey listen to news
u fry ur brain join wetin u eat dis morning

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by Plus234(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
loomer:

U be mumu, if Jonathan wanted violence in Nigeria, e no hard am to do, use ur head and give the man the credit he deserves.

shut the fuock up, gej can not do a shiiit, he has no balls to curse any problem
Re: How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo by DickDastardly(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
calebo101:
Please nobody should ever mention Jonathan and Obasanjo in same sentence, they are miles apart!!!

Obasanjo oversaw 2 elections and none of them was free and fair, Jonathan did. Obasanjo had 8 peaceful years of leadership he did NOTHING for Nigeria, Jonathan in 5 years did much more despite the demons from the North tormenting him. Jonathan laid the bedrock of democracy for Nigeria and Africa. It's not easy for a sitting president to sign the FOI bill when you know it would be used to witch hunt you, Jonathan did!

Obasanjo under his tenure Bola Ige, Harry Marshall, and a whole lot of political assassinations occurred even when the political climate was not tense, Jonathan's tenure despite the tensed political atmosphere never recorded a single assassination and nobody was or went on exile.

Obasanjo was so deluded he claimed Jonathan was training snipers with people on watch-list, how mad can a man get? That midget El-Rufai was on exile during Yar'Adua's tenure and could only come back to Nigeria to flex his mouth because Jonathan allowed it.

Jonathan's defeat was just a powerful merged force of the Northerners and a region of their South-Western allies. If Jonathan was to be a Yoruba man or an Hausa man, he would have been the BEST president by miles Nigeria ever had. But unfortunately he is a minority and not in control of the mass media and social media, that is his bane.

All they had to do was give a dog a bad name in order to hang it, and they did it. Suddenly Jonathan became the most corrupt man ever in Nigeria. Same folks conveniently forgot Abacha's loot which decades later is still being discovered and recovered. They also forgot Obasanjo's romance with the Halliburton scandal and Siemens's scandal and the shameless "Ghana must go" saga when Obasanjo tried to buy a third term in office.

Bur like someone said, Jonathan lost Nigeria and won Africa and the World. Even in defeat Obasanjo has been trounced thoroughly by the man from the creeks. Watch how Jonathan becomes an Africa statesman after his handover and how world leaders use him as a reference point on the growth of democracy in Nigeria cum Africa. Being clueless seems to be a blessing after all. Unlike Obasanjo who gatecrashes into Africa countries to give his unsolicited advise. Useless old man without a family and without dignity.
I gave you a like.
You are a thinking man. Remain blessed cool

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Newswatch Magazine Headline About Buhari And PTF: Throwback / Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Buhari At The Closing Of 2021 Ramadan In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.