Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't (2171 Views)

If You Say Buhari Is A Dictator, What Will You Call Jonathan After Reading This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Maku Denies Calling Jonathan A Boko Haram Sponsor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Why are we all painting GEJ as a hero when he didn't do anything significant? He is a hero? Why?

If we call him a hero, is it because he could be insensitive to the cry of his people? Is it because he asked the BringBackOurGirls protesters to go to Sambisa forest? I see no reason we should celebrate the man that has few days to go and we are all consoling him with praises.

My teacher went for an interview and wasn't picked, she accepted fate, i guess she should be praised as well! Why didnt we praise Fayemi for conceding defeat? Why didnt we praise Dapo Abiodun of APC in ogun state for losing to the PDP and conceding defeat? Why didnt we praise these people?

Many of you continually say he conducted Credible election? Is he INEC? He didnt allow people to die, is he God/Force? Wy not praise our forces? Is he the people of Nigeria? Nigerians deserve the praises not Him. Igbos alone will want their man this praised after years of incompetency and abortive government. Nigeria needs revival and not going about celebrating the known failure. I will never praise this man and will never allow anybody around me to praise him.

Mandela is a hero? For conceding defeat? Heroes are heroes for doing something worth celebrating!

By his speech, he didnt allow violence, are u telling me, by PDP's speech and refusal to sign the result, violent can't sprout out?

Nigerians, we don't need to argue on this man's issue but as for me, i will never regard him as a hero cos he didnt worth being called one!

Recently, Oby Ekwesieli supported this and said, Jonathan is No hero! He is not a hero! Incompetent President! What if he had won? Lol.. Call Fayemi a hero and call me too a hero... Everyone therefore must be heroes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by henribj(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Are you finished?
Or should we watch out for Part 2??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by doublezero7(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Go back to school dearie! U speak very bad English! smiley

5 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:
Why are we all painting GEJ as a hero when he didn't do anything significant? He is a hero? Why?

If we call him a hero, is it because he could be insensitive to the cry of his people? Is it because he asked the BringBackOurGirls protesters to go to Sambisa forest? I see no reason we should celebrate the man that has few days to go and we are all consoling him with praises.

My teacher went for an interview and wasn't picked, she accepted fate, i guess she should be praised as well! Why didnt we praise Fayemi for conceding defeat? Why didnt we praise Dapo Abiodun of APC in ogun state for losing to the PDP and conceding defeat? Why didnt we praise these people?

Many of you continually say he conducted Credible election? Is he INEC? He didnt allow people to die, is he God/Force? Wy not praise our forces? Is he the people of Nigeria? Nigerians deserve the praises not Him. Igbos alone will want their man this praised after years of incompetency and abortive government. Nigeria needs revival and not going about celebrating the known failure. I will never praise this man and will never allow anybody around me to praise him.

Mandela is a hero? For conceding defeat? Heroes are heroes for doing something worth celebrating!

By his speech, he didnt allow violence, are u telling me, by PDP's speech and refusal to sign the result, violent can't sprout out?

Nigerians, we don't need to argue on this man's issue but as for me, i will never regard him as a hero cos he didnt worth being called one!

Your title says Jega. I believe it's an error.

Unfortunately, this is how heroes are made...

Most of the 'heroes' in history did very shitty sh1t. But because they did ONE notable stuff, they are remembered differently.

So even if you run chains of baby-grinding factories. In one magical stroke. You can transform yourself into an angel of light - by setting up stuff like the Nobel prize or becoming a patron of the arts.

That's the way the world has always worked.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Holywizard: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
May amadioha kill u!!!
Bastard son of bastard!!

5 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by tayoxx(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
babe na wa o....no vex eh....no let am too pain you....no cry o just take heart.....such is life

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
henribj:
Are you finished?
Or should we watch out for Part 2??
the truth should be said, excuse me.... U knw the truth!
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
tayoxx:
babe na wa o....no vex eh....no let am too pain you....no cry o just take heart.....such is life
what? What are u refering to?
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Internet is giving you voice, I can see

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Holywizard:
May amadioha kill u!!!
Bastard son of bastard!!
if i was wrong broz
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Internet is giving you voice, I can see
that is my right!
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
doublezero7:
Go back to school dearie! U speak very bad English! smiley
in search of a teacher! Will u help me, Mr Professor?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:
that is my right!
Then don't abuse it or better still, don't display what you don't know!
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Horus(m): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
Conceding defeat is just a moral or legal obligation, so GEJ should not be called a hero

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kid, I guess you are not even in control of ur own life. Ur bf must be beating u so bad that dem no born u well not to include his ugly pics as ur profile pics.
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nasamy(m): 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan is one man u apc imps will never understand. His honorable character is too complex for ur wits. Wat will buhari have done if he lost d election? Ur opinion is absolutely irrelevant compared to tons of Nigerian people who call him hero and d international body. Think before u post. I presume u haven't lost a loved one as a result of post election wars. Silly!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by henribj(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:
the truth should be said, excuse me.... U knw the truth!

and you think you know the truth?
young lady you do not know the truth, or rather, you only know part of the truth.
do you not know that if Jona Jona had won the election war would most likely have broken out in Nigeria, you want me to believe you did not know that? or you just conveniently forgot to think about that angle??

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by ibietela2(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
[s]
Hardeysolution:

Recently, Oby Ekwesieli supported this and said, Jonathan is No hero! He is not a hero! Incompetent President! What if he had won? Lol.. Call Fayemi a hero and call me too a hero... Everyone therefore must be heroes
[/s]

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Franzeez(m): 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:

Ok. But he is still our Hero, African Hero if you hate it go and Die

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Please! At least reason and dnt think u'll always be right... And @ d fool insulting the guy @ ma dp... What the fucking hell is ur biswax wif that... Most handsome man? Anyways, listen and listen attentively, the man u are calling a hero is nt... Yell @ Oby Ekwesieli... Yell @ Nigerians! Stupid and mannerless Nigerians all about making Nigeria a centre of mockery!

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
It is just a display of moral standard and character... Not a hero character! A hero do not succumb to defeat but a righteous man...stands away from trouble... But arent there still troubles? Death / Destruction of the family of Kano INEC commisioner? Death of people in Gombe? Please tell me... Is Jonathan a man of his words? That he couldnt secure the lives of his people? And u call him a hero! A hero my foot!
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bad belle. Don't cull him hero, the most important thing is that d world has recognized him as a hero. Yours is insignificant.

GEJ world citizen and African Hero

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by trillville(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
The whole world needs a peaceful handover. Most African leaders will rather kill their people than give up power. If we all praise gej, may be other African presidents will also be willing to relinquish power in the future.

I hope this makes some sense.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
I am very sorry for this post. It is out of my own understanding of what a hero means. I now understand that GEJ is truely a hero. Why am i praising him too?

-For the death of our soldiers.
-For promoting Corruption.
-For economic instability.
-For political and religious crisis.
-For Educational backwardness.

I guess he should be praised the most for the disappearance of the #Chibok girls!
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by henribj(m): 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:
I am very sorry for this post. It is out of my own understanding of what a hero means. I now understand that GEJ is truely a hero. Why am i praising him too?

-For the death of our soldiers.
-For promoting Corruption.
-For economic instability.
-For political and religious crisis.
-For Educational backwardness.

I guess he should be praised the most for the disappearance of the #Chibok girls!

op your silly comments and posts are beginning to annoy me.
these things you have listed above, were they caused by Jonathan? Does Jona Jona look like a miracle worker who can just enter power and miraculously change things and make things happen in a certain way?
if i am not mistaken, he is being called a Hero not only by Nigerians, but by the international community as well; are we then to listen to you and take your own words as the ultimate? The international community do they also not see what you see?
young lady, be wise, and look at the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
trillville:
The whole world needs a peaceful handover. Most African leaders will rather kill their people than give up power. If we all praise gej, may be other African presidents will also be willing to relinquish power in the future.

I hope this makes some sense.
A playback of what happened to Gbagbo is enough to make an African leader relinquish power if he/she loses an election. We are in the new millennium and no longer in the 90's.
Remember the US and UK issued a subtle threat just before the election.
We can give him credit for conceding defeat but an hero, no way.
He and his cronies are free to enjoy their loot. That's a good example for future leaders. Loot, step down after four years then you would be called an hero!

I enjoyed some of his thousands of dollars flying about though...thinking money can buy people's conscience grin. I will miss him for that.
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by trillville(m): 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
saxywale:

A playback of what happened to Gbagbo is enough to make an African leader relinquish power if he/she loses an election. We are in the new millennium and no longer in the 90's.
Remember the US and UK issued a subtle threat just before the election.

So is it better for US and UK to use force after Nigerians are already dying? There are many African "strongmen" unwilling to give up power. If gej can be used as an example and this leads to the saving of lives, how does it hurt us to call him a hero?

saving one life is more important than refusing to stroke a persons ego

By the way, Gej is probably the worst president Nigeria has ever had. He is worse than ibb and abacha.
This does not mean we should not try to save lives by stroking his ego

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
trillville:

So is it better for US and UK to use force after Nigerians are already dying? There are many African "strongmen" unwilling to give up power. If gej can be used as an example and this leads to the saving of lives, how does it hurt us to call him a hero?

saving one life is more important than refusing to stroke a persons ego
I have edited my post, that was why I said he deserves some credit but the word "hero" is just too big. In a sane country, he would not escape jail due to the corruption in his government.. (like I said in my edited post, I enjoyed some of his dollars flying about, not hundreds but thousands, yet that didn't buy the conscience of I and many others.) Stepping down after losing an election is just as simple as respecting the laws of the land and there is nothing heroic about that act.
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by trillville(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
saxywale:

I have edited my post, that was why I said he deserves some credit but the word "hero" is just too big. In a sane country, he would not escape jail as stepping down after losing an election is just as simple as respecting the laws of the land.

You are right my brother. Once democracy gets a proper footing in Africa, no president that acts as uselessly as gej will escape prison.
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
trillville:

You are right my brother. Once democracy gets a proper footing in Africa, no president will act as uselessly as gej and escape prison.
Slowly but surely, we would get there.
Re: I Will Never Call Jonathan A Hero And I Guess You Shouldn't by Hardeysolution(m): 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ needs to be commended for doing what is right in which is normal for anybody but saying he is a hero or deserves a nobel prize, for what please? Like someone said, i have found a way of bcoming a hero... Strive to be a president, be functionless for years ofcourse contest for next election and knwing fully well i will lose to my opponent, then i will concede defeat, then i av become a hero i want to be...

He should be thanked and praised for laying good example,for doing what is right.. Not to be called a hero! A hero my foot!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Praising GEJ For Just Conceding Defeat Is Just Too Much! / Buhari Pursues Boko Haram Solution To Niger Republic / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan's Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.