Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Lack Of Startup Ideas - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Lack Of Startup Ideas (2204 Views)

Urgent!!!!! Startup Company In Need Of an APP DEVELOPER For Ios And Android / What Programming Language Should I Learn For A Startup? / Bouncing Back After My Last Startup Ended Abruptly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
I will like to be straightforward as keep it simple and short, the summary is I have no ideas or clues when it comes to Startups, I have made plans to setup a company since I've handle alot of Projects Backend and Frontend and mobile, sadly because of the nature of the contract I'm never able to mention them even when the softwares are so popular that I want to say I actually created that.

I've tried to get ideas and read on Startups but the issue is am too technical. All I can think of is Servers, Threads, writing this code unit test, I have spent an unhealthy amount of time always reading and playing with codes, right now I can honestly say I almost have no business sense in a way. am not asking you to tell me ideas but asking how I can easily find problems and create solutions for them. Sometimes maybe am cut out to be a CTO and not a CEO. Business is not my thing ...........to think i studied business administrator. Thanks guys
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by toshodei: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
pcguru1:

I will like to be straightforward as keep it simple and short, the summary is I have no ideas or clues when it comes to Startups, I have made plans to setup a company since I've handle alot of Projects Backend and Frontend and mobile, sadly because of the nature of the contract I'm never able to mention them even when the softwares are so popular that I want to say I actually created that.

I've tried to get ideas and read on Startups but the issue is am too technical. All I can think of is Servers, Threads, writing this code unit test, I have spent an unhealthy amount of time always reading and playing with codes, right now I can honestly say I almost have no business sense in a way. am not asking you to tell me ideas but asking how I can easily find problems and create solutions for them. Sometimes maybe am cut out to be a CTO and not a CEO. Business is not my thing ...........to think i studied business administrator. Thanks guys

These links might help you get creative:

1. https://www.nairaland.com/2151159/lets-post-ideas-here-4
2. https://www.nairaland.com/2211859/what-best-web-based-businesses-start
3. https://www.nairaland.com/2133373/building-app-lets-users-locate

I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Toshodei God bless i really appreciate it. God bless
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
There is no such thing as ever being too technical in the I.T. world.
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by curiouslad(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
@pcguru1

Maybe you are overthinking it.
You don't actually set out looking for an idea, i think
It often comes to you while doing mundane tasks.

Links to help?
http://www.paulgraham.com/start.html
http://www.quora.com/How-do-you-brainstorm-for-new-startup-ideas-And-how-do-you-select-on-which-ones-to-work-on

P.S Are you in back in the country. Need your help with something?

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
curiouslad:
@pcguru1

Maybe you are overthinking it.
You don't actually set out looking for an idea, i think
It often comes to you while doing mundane tasks.

Links to help?
http://www.paulgraham.com/start.html
http://www.quora.com/How-do-you-brainstorm-for-new-startup-ideas-And-how-do-you-select-on-which-ones-to-work-on

P.S Are you in back in the country. Need your help with something?

Lol have been back since Last year october even working sef, am surprised people don't know am back, sure thing bro anything (as long as it's not assassination)
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by nollyj: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
pcguru1:

I know you are good in what you do but I will advise you to continue in that path. There is basically nothing wrong with being a CTO in a big software company.

When it comes to starting up a business, I will suggest you team up with someone that has strength in start-up business. If you want to develop your business acumen, I think you should devout time, read books and experience it.

If you are on Skype kindly send me your username or phone number through PM
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
nollyj:

I know you are good in what you do but I will advise you to continue in that path. There is basically nothing wrong with being a CTO in a big software company.

When it comes to starting up a business, I will suggest you team up with someone that has strength in start-up business. If you want to develop your business acumen, I think you should devout time, read books and experience it.

If you are on Skype kindly send me your username or phone number through PM
okeowoaderemi is my skype name thanks for the advice just add me when am on skype i will surely communicate am feeling quite happy with the responses so far.
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by thewebcraft(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2015
pcguru1:

Hi search and download the full version of this book - The Lean Startup. By Eric Rice.
It changed my life
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Kennyinusa(m): 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Take a solid 2 weeks break off anything tech. Give your PC a break. Probably travel out of your city for those 2 weeks.

Do these and thank me later
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 05, 2015
Kennyinusa:
Take a solid 2 weeks break off anything tech. Give your PC a break. Probably travel out of your city for those 2 weeks.

Do these and thank me later

Planning to do this after confirmation and a Project at work
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Olamilec(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
If you don't mind you can be my co-founder in my new start up which is mErgencyNG and to know more about it check the fan page on www.facebook.com/mErgency247 and also if you need materials on starting a start up venture just whatsapp 07031366310
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by trendymart(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
helo Pcguru
I do feel your pulse.But truth is you have to be actively involved on the field of other sectors of the economy real-time to see problems yourself before finding the solution to it using technology.
Other ways is helping people find solution to their problems using IT.There are so many problems to be solved if you look around you more closely.
However,i would like to give you some more tips.
Also, i have a startup concept under construction in case you might need to see how problems are sourced. just email me or drop your email
i will contact you. (oblaimz@yahoo.com)

thank you
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by darocha1: 2:35am On Apr 08, 2015
You have solved your problem yourself already...pls dnt try pushing what you dont have.Having ideas and being technical inclined doesnt mean you will be a good business man nor does it mean you will successfully run a firm if you set up one.
My advice to you is to patner with some firms or be a contractor in some wayz...pls dont go and put trouble upon urself cos you want to be called CEO.
I wont ask you to whatsapp or skype me nor will i say yu shld call me.just read my post & uu have the right answers there
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks all I have all read your responses will reply personally later on. I do appreciate the advices.
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by howardriddle: 1:52am On Apr 12, 2015
The No. 1 Rule When Trying to found a startup is "Dont Look For StartUp Ideas"

- Paul Graham (founder YCombinator)

That best sums it up bro
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by abubaka101: 12:50pm On May 01, 2015
Diversity is the key to break free from this difficult task. And that's why u don't think you're a CEO material yet.
You're thinking this through from the developer angle. But trust me, once you mix with different ppl from different interests and you start sharing ideas, you'll find what you're looking for.
Perharps your startup idea may come from a mechanical engineer.
Or it could come from an addicted teenage gamer who feels there's no xbox gamer community for Nigerians.
Or it could be students who feel having an Nigerian online bookstore won't be a bad idea.
And a whole lot of other scenarios. But the truth is ur entrepreneurial senses must always be ready to pickup ideas from ppl of diverse interests.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by howardriddle: 8:15pm On May 04, 2015
pcguru1:

Don't Look for start up ideas.

You could start with your own problems which is : I cant get startUp ideas.

key1: This is not unique to you.
key2: Others could have it too
Key3: You are a master programmer and designer too (i hope).

StartUp One: Build a site where people could post and upvote ideas, then the most upvoted or best, you build it and if it gains traction, split shares in the to be formed company. wink smiley Like Quirky.com for startUp ideas.

See? Not that hard. Coming up with ideas is a cake-walk for me. The issue i have is who will build it? I know basic programming though but not enough to build polished products. So i usually just hack together stuff.

I hope u are a designer. Am hoping we could do something epic together.
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 10:53am On May 16, 2015
trendymart:
helo Pcguru
I do feel your pulse.But truth is you have to be actively involved on the field of other sectors of the economy real-time to see problems yourself before finding the solution to it using technology.
Other ways is helping people find solution to their problems using IT.There are so many problems to be solved if you look around you more closely.
However,i would like to give you some more tips.
Also, i have a startup concept under construction in case you might need to see how problems are sourced. just email me or drop your email
i will contact you. (oblaimz@yahoo.com)

thank you

Sent you a mail
Re: Lack Of Startup Ideas by Nobody: 10:54am On May 16, 2015
howardriddle:

Don't Look for start up ideas.

You could start with your own problems which is : I cant get startUp ideas.

key1: This is not unique to you.
key2: Others could have it too
Key3: You are a master programmer and designer too (i hope).

StartUp One: Build a site where people could post and upvote ideas, then the most upvoted or best, you build it and if it gains traction, split shares in the to be formed company. wink smiley Like Quirky.com for startUp ideas.

See? Not that hard. Coming up with ideas is a cake-walk for me. The issue i have is who will build it? I know basic programming though but not enough to build polished products. So i usually just hack together stuff.

I hope u are a designer. Am hoping we could do something epic together.

Sadly i don't have design skills, but i have abadoned them totally, as i prefer to turn complex situations to code than design, I only design when there's no one to help me out in that area.

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need A Step-by-step Tutorial For Developing Android Apps / Please How Can I Download A Torrent File From Freetutorial.us / Great Work guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.