Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? (2049 Views)

Man Catches His Best Friend In Bed With His Wife, Beats Him With Machete(video+p / Man Bust His Curvy Wife Having Sex With His Best Friend In Their Home (photos) / Help! I Am In Love With My Best Friend's Ex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
This might be long, kindly be patient and read, so u can understand.

I am a 28 year old guy, who's gotten to a stage in life where I believe marriage should be the next thing, but the problem is that I am in Love with my best friend's Ex!
I happen to know her(Jenny) while she was dating my best friend;Gentle ...I stayed with my friend(Gentle) due to accommodation problems during my 9 months training on my present job! She normally comes home and we joke around, no strings attached. I left the town after my training, cuz I was posted to Abuja after which I heard that my friend n her broke up. I lost contact with her for about a year n 3 months until I saw a message on facebook from her; we had a lil convo n exchanged numbers!
Suffice it to say that I didn't know it will get this deep! We have gotten so used to each other and love each other, she comes to Abuja almost every 2 weeks to see me, and she is trust worthy, I once entrusted my savings to her and she assisted me rent a house and buy a land in my home state since she resides there and my car is also under her care. She always encourages me n prays for me, there was I time I was transferred to Borno State but through her prayers and mine I was transferred back to Abuja.
The last time I visited my state early this year we were together but I never allowed my bestfriend (Gentle) come to my house when she's around.

The problem is I want my best-friend(gentle) to be my best-man because he really cared for me during my training days. Also, I feel she's the one I want to spend my life with and I want to propose to her when I go to my state immediately after the elections when I get my 21days leave.

How do I get to confront my friend n tell him I am about to marry his ex and he should be my best-man?

Pardon typos
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by falconey(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
you just have to mehn, it has to do with your life and future.

Seat the nigga and explain everything to him I'm sure he will understand remember you called him "gentle" *winks*
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Emhicee(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
You 'feel' you want to spend the rest of you life with her. You ain't sure. If you're sure, you'd know how to tell your friend. Btw, you broke the bro code. Again, love is mysterious. sad

1 Like

Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by missbehave247(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
according to you his ex, follow your heart jare
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
falconey:
you just have to mehn, it has to do with your life and future.

Seat the nigga and explain everything to him I'm sure he will understand remember you called him "gentle" *winks*
That's his name gentle
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
1- She is now his Ex.
2 - Please do go ahead and propose.
3 - Life is way too short and you only get one.
4 - Do not compromise your happiness for anyone.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wow this is tough i must confess but the first step now is to let your friend know what is going on. He might not take it likely at first thinking you betrayed him but he will give in sooner or later.

Secondly, i hope this ex factor thing wont affect your relationship. You have to be sure she has no feelings for your friend anymore if not lipsrsealed

Thirdly follow your heart. If both of you are in love then do whatever Pleases you. Since you not bothered she is your friends ex then i think there is no problem.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:
This might be long, kindly be patient and read, so u can understand.

I am a 28 year old guy, who's gotten to a stage in life where I believe marriage should be the next thing, but the problem is that I am in Love with my best friend's Ex!
I happen to know her(Jenny) while she was dating my best friend;Gentle ...I stayed with my friend(Gentle) due to accommodation problems during my 9 months training on my present job! She normally comes home and we joke around, no strings attached. I left the town after my training, cuz I was posted to Abuja after which I heard that my friend n her broke up. I lost contact with her for about a year n 3 months until I saw a message on facebook from her; we had a lil convo n exchanged numbers!
Suffice it to say that I didn't know it will get this deep! We have gotten so used to each other and love each other, she comes to Abuja almost every 2 weeks to see me, and she is trust worthy, I once entrusted my savings to her and she assisted me rent a house and buy a land in my home state since she resides there and my car is also under her care. She always encourages me n prays for me, there was I time I was transferred to Borno State but through her prayers and mine I was transferred back to Abuja.
The last time I visited my state early this year we were together but I never allowed my bestfriend (Gentle) come to my house when she's around.

The problem is I want my best-friend(gentle) to be my best-man because he really cared for me during my training days. Also, I feel she's the one I want to spend my life with and I want to propose to her when I go to my state immediately after the elections when I get my 21days leave.

How do I get to confront my friend n tell him I am about to marry his ex and he should be my best-man?

Pardon typos

U confront him by inviting him over to ur house and then u tell him.

Going by what u said,she's a really good girl,a keeper. Whatever u do,keep ur girl!
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Emhicee:
You 'feel' you want to spend the rest of you life with her. You ain't sure. If you're sure, you'd know how to tell your friend. Btw, you broke the bro code. Again, love is mysterious. sad
I broke no code, rember I said I lost contact with her for 1 year plus, besides she said they broke up immediately my posting came!
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by falconey(m): 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

That's his name gentle

in addedum, your discussion with gentle about it should be man-to-man make sure your GF(fiancee) isn't present incase gentle doesn't want to be gentle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
The heart of a king is in d hands of God..
Pray 2 God bout it and i'm sure by d time u'll be telling ur friend ur intention, he won't find any fault in it!

Invite me make ah cum drink origin wen d wedding set! grin
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
Wow this is tough i must confess but the first step now is to let your friend know what is going on. He might not take it likely at first thinking you betrayed him but he will give in sooner or later.

Secondly, i hope this ex factor thing wont affect your relationship. You have to be sure she has no feelings for your friend anymore if not lipsrsealed

Thirdly follow your heart. If both of you are in love then do whatever Pleases you. Since you not bothered she is your friends ex then i think there is no problem.
Thanks a lot, she doesn't have feelings for him at all, and she thinks I have told him already.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by GboyegaD(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
It's about how you explain the stuff to your friend. I'm sure he also wants the best for his ex if he is a genuine person. Perhaps, he was an avenue for you to meet your woman.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
lagmostkuit:
The heart of a king is in d hands of God..
Pray 2 God bout it and i'm sure by d time u'll be telling ur friend ur intention, he won't find any fault in it!

Invite me make ah cum drink origin wen d wedding set! grin
I hv already bought a ring n insha-Allah it will come to pass. "Orijin" will surely be enough for everyone including you
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Emhicee(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

I broke no code, rember I said I lost contact with her for 1 year plus, besides she said they broke up immediately my posting came!

did you see my last statement? btw, babe wey your guy don date before suppose be no go area according to the bro code. The more reason why i said love is mysterious. It transcends any code and shit. We good?
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Emhicee:

did you see my last statement? btw, babe wey your guy don date before suppose be no go area according to the bro code. The more reason why i said love is mysterious. It transcends any code and shit. We good?

Yea we good! didn't see the last stmnt. I swear love is mysterious n I have never for one second doubted her loyalty to me, even when I am not around for months!
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Wuuworld(m): 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bro,am suspecting that u are the Gentle of a guy,and a friend told u this which u wanna seek for our opinion probably how to deal with the ORUBEBE...........why not come plain and tell us u are the GENTLE.....we have JEGAs here who will suggest to u how u will go about dealing with#ranting we will not take it Orubebe#.........talk true ASAP,no time for delay.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

Thanks a lot, she doesn't have feelings for him at all, and she thinks I have told him already.
If that be the case then tell your friend about it and make him see reasons why you can't reverse your decision.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Emhicee(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

Yea we good! didn't see the last stmnt. I swear love is mysterious n I have never for one second doubted her loyalty to me, even when I am not around for months!

goodluck or buhari with telling your friend and proposing to the lady.

1 Like

Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

If that be the case then tell your friend about it and make him see reasons why you can't reverse your decision.

What if he doesn't see reasons with me?
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

What if he doesn't see reasons with me?

He doesn't have to.

You just needed to tell him.

The earlier the better so you will know if to shop for another best man
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Young03(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
if u won die, go ahead

1 Like

Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Wuuworld(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Odikwa very risky.......don't say I do not tell u...

1 Like

Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wuuworld:
Bro,am suspecting that u are the Gentle of a guy,and a friend told u this which u wanna seek for our opinion probably how to deal with the ORUBEBE...........why not come plain and tell us u are the GENTLE.....we have JEGAs here who will suggest to u how u will go about dealing with#ranting we will not take it Orubebe#.........talk true ASAP,no time for delay.

Funny, I have already bought the ring! Do u think I should blank him n go ahead shopping for a new best man
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nice one. I like love stories. They are no longer together and she was always going to marry someone else you guys got lucky and found each other so tell your friend, marry your gal and live happily ever after.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Houseofglam7(f): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
He's your best friend, you alone know how to break the news to him.
Tell him though, but don't let his actions/attitude stop you from finding true happiness.

Friends come and go.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
andromida:
Nice one. I like love stories. They are no longer together and she was always going to marry someone else you guys got lucky and found each other so tell your friend, marry your gal and live happily ever after.

I wish it were that easy!
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

Funny, I have already bought the ring! Do u think I should blank him n go ahead shopping for a new best man

Tell your friend I feel you owe him that you did say he has been a good friend to you if it is too hard for him he does not have to be your best man.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by demmy0325(m): 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by saaedlee: 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Houseofglam7:
He's your best friend, you alone know how to break the news to him.
Tell him though, but don't let his actions/attitude stop you from finding true happiness.

Friends come and go.

Funny thing is I kept postponing telling him for a while now...and the date I intend to propose to her is getting closer
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Decale: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
So of all the 35 million+ girls in Nigeria that you could fall in love with, you just conveniently chose that one angry

It's all your fault. Tell the guy, whatever comes of it is yours to bear.
Re: Should He Propose To His Best Friend's Ex? by Brugo(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
saaedlee:

Since you broke no code why can't you tell him? angry

Why is your mind not free?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farting In Love Relationships, Marriage..... / Guys, What Will You Do If Your Mum Came To Your Room And You Were About To CUM? / A Must Read: Sex Is Sweet But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.