Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know (4374 Views)

Man Rejected In Nigeria Over Facial Tumour Now A 4th Year Medical Student In USA / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / Top 10 Important Websites Every Student Needs To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
As a first year medical student, it is good for you to harness the educative value of the web. In a bid to that, here are eight websites every first year medical student in Nigeria should know:
Click the link below to go straight to these websites
http://firstyearmedics..com/2015/03/websites-every-first-year-medical.html?m=1

1.FREE EBOOK CENTRE
This website contains an amazing library of free eBooks ranging from diverse kinds of fields such as computer science, pure sciences(biology, physics, chemistry) electronics, medical, et cetera. The books are either downloadable or can be viewed online.
2.STUDENT DOCTOR NETWORK
This is a vibrant nonprofit organization of thousands of pre-health, health professional students and practicing doctors from across the United States and Canada. Membership is free.
The educational mission of SDN is to assist and encourage all students through the challenging and complicated healthcare education process and into practice.
Our members have created one of the most active and supportive communities on the Internet, with many members making lifelong friendships. Many of our members started as undergraduates and are now practicing doctors in every field of medicine and healthcare.
With tens of thousands of active members and millions posts, our members can answer practically any question you may have, from college through advanced practice. This site helps students become better doctors.
3.MEDSCAPE
This amazing site contains the latest happenings in the medical world, clinical trials and a rich collection of medical information. This is ideal for medical students and even doctors. It contains information about drugs and diseases and also provide valuable advice for medical students as regards studying methods and techniques.
4.STUDENT BMJ
Student BMJ is a monthly international medical journal for students with an interest in medicine. It was launched in 1992 and contains articles that have been specially commissioned with medical students in mind. It also features carefully selected articles from the BMJ.
The journal is compiled by a student editor - a medical student who takes a year out from studying and who is responsible for making the journal more student friendly.
The journal is split into various sections including:

Life - this is where medical students write about things that matter to them. Want to know where to go on elective? How to avoid student debt? What life on the medical team at Glastonbury is like? This is the section to read.
Careers - advice on how to make the most of your time at medical school and during your first couple of years as a doctor. Articles in this section also cover topics such as the feminisation of medicine, attending conferences, and what it's like to work in a particular specialty.
Education - features articles written by experts who are asked to include the kind of information not normally found in textbooks - hints and tips that can take years of clinical experience to accumulate. It will tell you everything from why asparagus makes your urine smell to how to treat anaphylactic shock.
Research Explained - introduces the world of original scientific research. Every month we publish a paper taken from the BMJ that features cutting edge medical research, and supply an accompanying commentary telling you exactly what it means in real terms
5.BIOLOGY ONLINE
Biology Online aims to educate and promote awareness of all things biology, offering free and easy access to information in the biological sciences.Created in 2001, the site provides a wealth of information in the diverse field of biology offering a forum for discussion, an editable-dictionary with thousands of terms, links to external resources, tutorials, articles and a biology book catalogue with user reviews.
The site is often recognized for its simplicity, in both its design and the way in which it delivers content, helping users to find information easily, quickly and as a result more effectively.

Over the long term, the site aims to promote the subject and sites with similar goals (be it in education or science). The site is sustained and able to evolve as a result of the contributions to the content.
To share your theories and concepts, you can upload your work via the Share your Work button. Content on the site is usually added and checked by members of our team, however if you do notice any incorrect information or mistakes please contact a team member straight away. As members of the biology community, we hope you will help us to verify the information presented on the site for accuracy and integrity.
6.101SCIENCE
This amazing site contains scientific information ranging from basic electronics and chemistry to biology and maths. This site will be very useful to first year medical students in Nigeria as most of their 100 levcel work is based on pure sciences.
7.MEDICAL AND DENTAL COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
The Medical and Dental professions in Nigeria are regulated by the Medical and Dental Practitioners Act Cap 221 (now Cap M8) Laws of Federation of Nigeria 1990 which sets up the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with the following mandates:
Regulation of training in Medicine, Dentistry and Alternative Medicine in Nigeria
Regulation of Medical, Dental and Alternative Medicine practice in Nigeria.
Determination of the knowledge and skills of these professionals.
Regulation and control of Laboratory Medicine in Nigeria.
This site contains the list of accredited medical schools in Nigeria.
8.NIGERIA HEALTH JOURNAL
The Nigerian Health Journal began as a blog in 2009 offering well written features, special reports, exclusive interviews and analysis thus satisfying the need for USEFUL stories on the Nigerian health sector written in an engaging prose.
That role has been expanded with the launch of this website as we intend to provide an All- Health News site designed to serve as the hub for news, information and debates on critical health issues. This site creates a one-stop market place of ideas for Nigerians to engage with those they trust with their lives.

#Feel free to add yours.
Source:
http://firstyearmedics..com/2015/03/websites-every-first-year-medical.html?m=1
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Habayomie(m): 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
nice information
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by wenger2(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Booked cool
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by tohpahz(f): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
NURSING students nko??
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
tohpahz:
NURSING students nko??
Lol. Nursing students can also benefit.

1 Like

Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Lol. Nursing students can also benefit.
Hi boss! Am a medicine aspirant in aau and I'll like to ask you some few questions. You can drop your number so I can hook you up on whatsapp. Thanks
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Neyova:
Hi boss! Am a medicine aspirant in aau and I'll like to ask you some few questions. You can drop your number so I can hook you up on whatsapp. Thanks
M not on whatsapp sir. I would rather you sent me a pm so I can send you my details like phone number and Facebook id.
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

M not on whatsapp sir. But my n
number is 07030438383. You can add me on Fb via
https://m.facebook.com/silas.igbe?ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fhome.php&refid=7
Thanks! How was last year's postume like? What are the subjects to expect in postume?
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
G
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

M not on whatsapp sir. I would rather you sent me a pm so I can send you my details like phone number and Facebook id.
Do you guys did maths last year? I wouldn't like it if I meet maths in my putme oo
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Neyova:
Do you guys did maths last year? I wouldn't like it if I meet maths in my putme oo
We didn't do it last year. But just prepare for it. Some previous years did maths.
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

We didn't do it last year. But just prepare for it. Some previous years did maths.
I hate maths so much!!! Am scared at the sight of it! I wouldn't wanna do maths in my post utme
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Neyova:
I hate maths so much!!! Am scared at the sight of it! I wouldn't wanna do maths in my post utme
You will still do it in 100 level.
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

You will still do it in 100 level.
Is it dat compulsory I do it in 100level?? And what happens if one fails it in 100level?
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
Neyova:
Is it dat compulsory I do it in 100level?? And what happens if one fails it in 100level?
Yes it's compulsory.. One will have to be withdrawn if one fails it.
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Yes it's compulsory.. One will have to be withdrawn if one fails it.
And what happens after 100level?
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
Neyova:
And what happens after 100level?
No more maths.
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

No more maths.
Then my prayer now is not to meet maths in my post utme. Maybe I could buy my way out in that 100level ish!
Re: Some Important Websites Every First Year Medical Student In Nigeria Should Know by worthing: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
sir neyova wat do u mean by buying ur way out??

(1) (Reply)

. / Please What's This Creature Called / WAEC Releases 2009 NOV-DEC Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.