Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. (1800 Views)

Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! / Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination / Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right - VOTE AGBAJE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 9:02am On Apr 04, 2015
My beloved Ndiigbo, I am not know to write long epistle to waste my time and your time when we can discuss directly the issue on ground.

It has come to my attention that APC and the Hausa-Fulani born to rule, along side their slaves are dangling the Office of Senate President in the face of the Igbo Nation. This, I find to be very funny.

At no time, did they ever intend to allow the Igbos any participation in the mainstream political process should APC emerge victorious. APC and the Hausa Fulani are bitter becos for the first time since the end of Biafra War, Igbos and the Niger Delta united and spoke with one voice.

The APC having attained the status of ruling party can no longer make unguarded comments hence the implied-repeal(offer with an injunction) approach is adopted. If Ngige had won the Senate, they would have voted overwhelmingly for a middle belt member of the Senate to emerge the Senate President.

APC has an agenda to capitalise on their recent victory in the Presidential election to win the State Government election in the South/South and South East. This win would mean business as usual, as their will be little or no resistance to Hausa Fulani domination of South South resources.

It is our duty and responsibility to resist every attempt to be held political prisoners and captive in Nigeria. It is our right as contributing members of Nigeria to occupy the seat of Presidency. It is our privilege to demand our fair share of federal projects and allocation and it is our prerogative to opt-out of the Nigeria Union, after a United Nations Referendum on membership of Nigeria or Separation from Nigeria.

We have the power and the decision is ours. It must not be business as usual, with the Hausa Fulani plundering our resources in the south in cohort with their slave.

God bless u all for your time. Igbo Kwenu!

[size=18pt]
VOTE AGBAJE[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:11am On Apr 04, 2015
keep whining while sensible Igbos have moved on. Willie Obiano is planning to defect to APC and you are here talking nonsense.

mtshiieewww!

10 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Jokay07(m): 9:14am On Apr 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
keep whining while sensible Igbos have moved on. Willie Obiano is planning to defect to APC and you are here talking nonsense.

mtshiieewww!
grin
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by asha80(m): 9:21am On Apr 04, 2015
Op can you please stop being so danm emotional in your topics like a woman..that was how you were going about ihejirika must become abia governor even when it was obvious he was not contesting...control your emotions like a man

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2015
asha80:
Op can you please stop being so danm emotional in your topics like a woman..that was how you were going about ihejirika must become abia governor even when it was obvious he was not contesting...control your emotions like a man

It is not very manly to leave under the domination of Hausa Fulani. Get with the programme and resist captivity. The oil is in your land but u are begging in every region across the country and continent.

When ever their is killin in any region in the country, igbos account for the most affected people.

Even the Ghanaian are getting fed up and have started complaining. Stand up like a man and count, stand up and fight for wat u believe and let ur no be no, whilst your yes is yes.

7 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by B69U: 9:29am On Apr 04, 2015
Being the opposition is not too bad. It is better than to legitimise your oppression by joining your oppressors.

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by dunkem21(m): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Don't worry and watch.

I laugh in Obiano grin
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Calculia: 9:32am On Apr 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
mtshiieewww!
asha80:

U sound the same.

@ OP,by my political calculation, maintaing the opposition momentum of PDP will be crucial when people realise just how big a fraud APC actually is.

When people dont see 24/7 electricity or #1 being equal to 1pound or all the steady allowance for unemployed graduate and all the scams that APC relied upon to gain power, it will be bye bye at the next ballot.

We have only to demand a free and fair election as GEJ has instituted, with the world powers behind us.

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by ManMountain(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2015
grin grin grin
The OP is still suffering a psychological trauma of the feeling of loss.
Pele, you will get over it like most other Ibos are already doing.

5 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 9:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Calculia:

U sound the same.

@ OP,by my political calculation, maintaing the opposition momentum of PDP will be crucial when people realise just how big a fraud APC actually is.

When people dont see 24/7 electricity or #1 being equal to 1pound or all the steady allowance for unemployed graduate and all the scams that APC relied upon to gain power, it will be bye bye at the next ballot.

We have only to demand a free and fair election as GEJ has instituted, with the world powers behind us.

Where is that Buhari APC electoral manifesto? This next four years is accountability, accountability and world wide accountability.

We are in democracy and a two party system. It is a no brainier for everybody to join the ruling party, who hold them accountable?

I am even more PDP now than ever. PDP will produce the next Igbo President in 2019, if we continue to be united and speak with one voice.

We also need to speak to the world on the fraud that is GMB via social media.

Buhari said he will not loot Nigeria, so let us watch him and his government closely.

Any looting, the incorruptible is spoilt rotten. The world must hear of this. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Smh,what's with all this igbo this,hausa that,the main thing is to have a good governance,so stop all this ethnic shiii
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Calculia: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Where is that Buhari APC electoral manifesto? This next four years is accountability, accountability and world wide accountability.

We are in democracy and a two party system. It is a no brainier for everybody to join the ruling party, who hold them accountable?

I am even more PDP now than ever. PDP will produce the next Igbo President in 2019, if we continue to be united and speak with one voice.

Buhari said he will not loot Nigeria, so let us watch him and his government closely.

Any looting, the incorruptible is spoilt rotten. The world must hear of this. grin

PDP must maintain their Senate numbers and House of Rep Numbers. PDP must offer an alternative to those swinging Senators and Reps when they realise that Buhari is a Fraud.

PDP must maintain their Governors and take the up coming Governors elections very seriously. It makes sense for Obiano to join PDP rather than APC.
In the opposition a brutal former dictator who is clueless and failed on every point of his manifesto, is an open door to Aso Rock in 2019.
Ndiigbo get organised with the mainstream, gobal and social media and recognise that this is your chance.

6 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by B69U: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Yoruba and those middle-belt groups are neither here nor there.They are political swingers. When Buhari starts, they will return back to PDP just before 2019. Ndiigbo occupy the PDP now. Be the winners in all this and laugh last. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Chanchit: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2015
Op, u don try. Oya madam, help me give this crying op two very cold empty bottles of star.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by ArodewilliamsT: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2015
B69U:
Being the opposition is not too bad. It is better than to legitimise your oppression by joining your oppressors.

Gbam. You've said all.We've worked hard for PDP, we've invested our political fortunes there and we shall reap there. Igbos say "adighi epu e'ze maka iji onye o'zo." ('We don't grow teeth for another man's yam'). An Igbo president will easily be realized in PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by B69U: 10:28am On Apr 04, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Gbam. You've said all.We've worked hard for PDP, we've invested our political fortunes there and we shall reap there. Igbos say "adighi epu e'ze maka iji onye o'zo." ('We don't grow teeth for another man's yam'). An Igbo president is will easily realized in PDP.

All those that constitute problem have left the PDP, the party can be reformed and repositioned to take over in 2019. There is no way Buhari will achieve anything other than claim GEJ projects. I dont see him delivering 24/7 electricity or not looting Nigeria for his children.

Buhari is only concerned about wat he will leave for his Children.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 10:50am On Apr 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

mtshiieewww!

Bia Berem take ur time.

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Calculia: 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
It all remains possible. Team hold Buhari accountable.

My Manifesto and Vision for Nigeria – Muhammadu Buhari
Dec 13, 20142 4635

…securing our Nation,
prospering our People!
To Change
Politics and Governance
Security and Conflict Resolution
The Economy & Infrastructure Base
The Society & Human Capital Development
The Environment

MY COMMITMENT TO NIGERIA

Preamble

Every country has its ‘lost generation’. Some were stolen away by war, some by economic downturns, and some by governments. Nigeria is perhaps the only country stolen by a cabal of political Mafias, merely for power, money, leisure and privilege. When the British administrators lowered the Union Jack in Lagos on October 1, 1960, Nigeria was Africa’s greatest hope. Its pool of talent mass of fertile land, and its newly discovered oil wealth, promised economic transformation and the role of leading the then independent African nations and those who were still struggling for freedom, under different forms of colonialism, to eventually lead the African Continent, onto the global stage.
Now, over fifty years of independence and despite our vast wealth – abundant natural and human resources, at home and abroad, we as a nation continue to struggle with the most basic needs (food, shelter, water, security sanitation, and electricity, etc. As a nation, we are paralyzed by wide spread poverty, endemic institutionalised corruption; high levels of unemployment; a near total collapse of our educational system and facilities, collapse and decaying health and ineffective social services systems, chaotic transportation and communications systems; and other basic but essential infrastructure; less than adequate institutions of government at all levels, resulting to break down of law and order, institutionalized insecurity to life and property; and weak, fragile and unstable economy, with non-functional financial institutions, etc.
Today, hospitals and universities are struggling with obsolete skills of by-gone centuries; insurgency controls large chunks of the Nigerian territories, kidnapping is now a profession and a cottage industry. For the little and common man and women who helped build this nation, things have never been so bad for these fellows. But for the corrupt politicians and big moneys bags, things have never been better.
Many Nigerians have completely lost faith in the country’s ability to govern itself. Nigerians have fundamentally, lost faith in the leaders at the helm of the nation’s affairs. The lack of confidence in the system and its leaders, erodes democratic principles thus further jeopardizing the country’s future.
Nigerians of goodwill, are angered by failures of corrupt and poor leadership. They are frustrated by economic policies that did not deliver on its promises. Nigerians are therefore impatient and want to regain their lost rights. Nigerians are worn out by conflicts, all over the country. Nigerians are now striving for a fresh start. This start must come from a new team, new ideas, that are committed to the promotion of acceptable and sustainable reforms. The mood now in Nigeria is changing as people begin to speak out more confidently against corruption, human rights abuses, and are not afraid to criticize and critique the unpopular policies of government. Throughout Nigeria there is ongoing debate on what is critical to the future of the country: CHANGE! POSITIVE CHANGE!!
What is certain in Nigeria today is that the ebtire country is in need of being fixed. The truth of the matter is that Nigeria today has all the indices for both success and failure. Skewing the role of the State towards serving special interests, dividing its citizens along ethnic and religious lines, trapping whole generations into avoidable poverty through educating the young with basically, no skill, etc., are all attempt to perpetually one set of corrupt leaders in power, forever, these are the indices of a failed state. However, assuming the will to power, by this other Nigeria, to remove the incompetent, corrupt leaders, with no progressive ideals, is the success side. The making of this competent team has become more urgent and imperative, but this can only be achieved through resilience and courage. I, Muhammadu Buhari have now come for the rescue. This is success by design. It will overcome our failure by design matrix.
The challenge, and choice facing all Nigerians at home and abroad is whether Nigerians have enough will and courage to unite, and resolve to radically move the nation forward –not looking backward to practices of a failed past, but building bridges to the positive fatherhood, motherhood, brother and sisterhood of the future! Again, my teaming supports are already leading the way to this possibility.
As a nation and the Sub Saharan Africa’s leading energy producer, we had in the past squandered the opportunity to build functional infrastructure to better the lives of the average Nigerian. We can no longer afford this luxury of inactivity. We must revive our public and private sectors in order to provide functional services and secure the good of the individual Nigerian and his or her family.
We are here commited to Change Nigeria:
READ: Time to Rebuild Nigeria: Buhari’s Acceptance Speech After Winning APC Primaries

READ: Buhari Pledges Five Things to Nigerians if He Emerges President [Read Full Speech]

READ: Buhari’s Emotional Letter to Delegates at the APC Presidential Primaries

December 10, 2014 is our Primaries Day. February 2015 will bring be our Presidential elections. As you know, the general trust level of politics, politicians and political leaders, is at an all?time?low. One may ask why? And we can as well understand why! After years of broken promises, hyper-corruption, the feeling that politicians have become too remote from the people, etc., it is no wonder that Nigerians have completely lost faith in the country’s ability to govern itself not just because of the problems facing the country, but the lack of faith in the present set of leaders at the helm of affairs.

The challenge, facing all of us as Nigerians is whether there is enough will and courage amongst us as citizens to unite, commit and resolve to radically reform, modernise and move the nation forward. I Muhammadu Buhari have resolved that the task ahead of me is that of Securing our Nation and Prospering our people –not looking backward to the failed policies and promises of the past. As I noted before, it is no longer a question of choice but that of the will and courage.

This document sets out our side of the bargain: the things I as your future president, want to do to change Nigeria for the better. I will however warn you all: I cannot do this alone. Each one of you and I must work together to get our economy on the right track, mend our broken lives, infrastructure, institutions, and the overall society. You must help me to reform our rotten political system, by getting involved, taking responsibility, and working together as a team.

I, Muhammadu Buhari believe that our politity, is broken. Our nation is in urgent need of a fundamental political reform. This requires honesty, integrity and forthrightness in order to improve governance, so as to make it transparent and accountable to the all Nigerian. Make me your Presidential candidate in both the Primaries and the Presidential elections.

THIS IS HOW I, WITH YOUR HELP, WILL FIX IT:
Politics and Governance
On Politics and Governance:

I, Muhammadu Buhari, believe that our politics is broken. Our nation urgently needs fundamental political reform and improvement in governance more transparency and accountable. If you nominate me in December, 2014 and elect me in February 2015, my administration will:

Initiate action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit;
Strengthen INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life;
Attract the best and brightest of our sons and daughters into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics, and professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments, and special nomination to contest elective offices;
Prevent the abuse and misuse of Executive, Legislative and Public offices, through greater accountability, transparency, strict, and implementable anti-corruption laws, through strengthening and sanitising the EFCC and ICPC as independent entities;
Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;
Restructure governance for a leaner, more efficient, and adequately compensated public service sector, while promoting effective participation of the private sector for more robust job creation programmes to employ the teaming youth.;
Require full disclosure in media outlets, of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular intervals;
Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;
Fully enforce the Freedom of Information Act l so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the public and then such data sets be publish on regular basis;
Amend the Constitution to require Local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data, and items of spending over N10M.
Security and Conflict Resolution

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Calculia: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gen Buhari to do list

On National Security and Defence: I will urgently secure the territorial integrity of the nation. I will never leave the defence of the nation in the hands of Hunters, Children, and Civilian JTF through the following:

Urgently address capacity building mechanisms of law enforcement agents in terms of quantity and quality as this is critical in safeguarding the sanctity of lives and property;
Establish a well trained, adequately equipped and goals driven Serious Crime Squad to combat insurgencies, kidnapping, armed robbery, ethno?religious and communal clashes, nationwide;
Consult and amend the Constitution to enable States and Local Governments to create city, Local government and State Policing systems, base on the resources available at each levels, to address the peculiar needs of each community. I will therefore work with the National Assembly to set and revised, when needed, boundaries of operations, for Federal, State, and Local government policing units, through new Criminal Justice legislation to replace the Criminal Code, the Penal Code and the Police Act.
I will push for more robust support in the Security and Economic stability of the West-African sub?region and African Continent as a whole. I will seek and maintain close and frank relationship with ALL of West Africa; Special relationship with South Africa and its Sub-region; UK, USA, Canada, EU, Asia, and the Middle East .
ON CONFLICT RESOLUTION, NATIONAL UNITY, AND SOCIAL HARMONY: I will

Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve civil conflicts within the polity;
Bring permanent peace and solution to the insurgency issues in the North-East; the Niger Delta; and other conflict prone states and areas such as Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, Borno, Abia, Taraba, Yobe, and Kaduna in order to engender national unity and social harmony;
Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations from documentation requirements in our identification of citizens and replace these with State of Residence and fashion out the appropriate minimal qualification for obtaining such a state of residency, nation-wide.
On Foreign Policy: I will:
1. Make regional integration a priority within ECOWAS including free trade with a view to ensuring that common tariff currency are in use by the end of my term in office, under Nigeria’s guidance and leadership, base on the size of its market force;

Maintain a strong, close and frank relationship within the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the rest of the world.
Establish a special relationship with the leading emerging markets like Brazil; Russia, India and China (BRIC) and other strategic partners around the world.
The Economy & Infrastructure Base
On the Economy: I will

Maintain sound Micro and macro?economic policy environment, and run an efficient government and preserve the independence of the Central Bank;
Restore financial confidence in the citizens and the world, by putting in place a more robust monitoring, supervising, and regulating of the financial institutions;
Make our economy one of the fastest growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging at least 10-12% annually
As at 1999, Nigerian rate of unemployment stood at about 8%, today it is estimated from official statistics to be close to 30%. I will embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition scheme for graduates along with the creation of Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019. A Small and Medium Enterprises Development Commission will be created for this purpose. I will also encourage State Governments to focus on employment creation, by matching everyone job created in the same state.
Integrate the informal economy into the mainstream and prioritize the full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data;
Expand domestic demand and will undertake associated public works programmes to achieve this goal;
Embark on export and production diversification including investment in infrastructure; promote manufacturing, through Agro Based industries; and expand and promote sub?regional trade through ECOWAS and AU;
Make Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy, by reviewing the present reward system, which is based on certification, to that based on skills, competencies, and performances;
Balance the Nigerian economy across regions by the creation of 6 Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as sub?regional hubs in order to promote healthy regional competitiveness;
10. Put in place a N300bn Regional Growth Fund with an average of N50bn in each geo?political region; to be managed by the REDAs, to encourage private sector enterprise and to support places currently reliant on only on the public sector, to migrate to a private sector reality;
Amend the Constitution and the Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis;
Create an additional middle?class of at least 4 million new home owners by 2019 by enacting a national mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses as well as review the collateral qualification to make funding for home ownership easier, with a 15 to 30 year mortgage terms. This will equally help our banking system migrate from short to long term perspective of their role in sustaining the economy.
Create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.
Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.
On Agriculture: I will

Modernize the sector and change Nigeria from being a country of self?subsistence farmers to that of a medium/large scale farming nation/producer;
Create a nationwide food inspectorate division with a view to improving nutrition and eliminating food?borne hazards
Inject sufficient funds to the Agricultural sector to create more agro?allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rates for capital investment on medium and commercial scale cash crops;
Guarantee a minimum price for all cash crops and facilitate storage of agricultural products to overcome seasonal shortages of selected food crops.
Move the nation to an all year round small, medium, and commercial farming through a coordinated integrative irrigation of our existing dams as well as creation of more dam to collect the over flooding waters, nationwide.
Revive our Agricultural Research Institutes that are in a state of comatose;
Review and strengthened Veterinary practices nationwide.
On Infrastructure: I will
Review the Public Private Partnership (PPP) enabling environment with a view to addressing the legal, regulatory and operational bottlenecks, challenging the effective administration of the system, by introducing enabling legislation. In addition, I will create a National Infrastructural Development Bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates, exclusively for this sector;
Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.
Embark on a National Infrastructural Development Programme as a Public Private Partnership that will (a) ensure 5,000km of Superhighway including service trunks and (b) building of up to 6,800km of modern railway completed by 2019;
Enact new legal and regulatory frameworks to establish independent regulation and incentives to accelerate public and private sector investment in seaports, railways, and inland waterways;
Embark on PPP schemes that will ensure every one of the 36 states has one functional airport, with all 21st Century safety tools for effective commercial air travel.
On the Oil and Gas Industry: I will

Revive and reactivate our minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity;
Make the industry and Nigeria one of the world leading/cutting edge centres for clean oil and gas technology; also producing leading world Oil and Gas technologist, scientists, and owing mega structure installations, drilling, processing, and production facilities and engineers. These facilities and scientists will be supported with the best services and research facilities.
Fully develop the sector’s capacity to absorb more of the nation’s new graduate in the labour market. The sector will be funded to produce more home?grown, but world class engineers, scientists, technologist, etc.;
Modernise the NNPC and make it the national energy champion. I will consider breaking it up into more efficient, commercially driven units; and may strip it of its regulatory powers, so as to enable it tap into international capital market;
Enforce the government master plan for oil companies to end flaring that pollutes the air and damages the communities and people’s health and ensure that they sell at least half of their gas produced within Nigeria;
Speedily pass the much?delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensure that local content issues are fully addressed
Make Nigeria the world’s leading exporter of LNG through the creation of strategic partnerships.
The Society & Human Capital Development
On Education: I will

Fully review provisions of the Universal Basic Education Act with emphasis on gender equity in primary, secondary school enrolment whilst improving the quality and substance of our schools, through outcome based education, that address the individual, family, and societal roles in education; and the associative skills and competencies that go with these responsibilities;
Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical sector whilst making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels of the educational system;
3 Implement a performance based education, predicated on outcomes, skills, and competences as against the current certificate based qualification. I will adjust the reward system accordingly too. This way, exams malpractice and certificate forgery will be resolved once and for all. Young men and women interested in real liberal arts education, based on a true understanding of scientific, the humanistic, and the social sciences will fill our classrooms to be prepared for future leadership of the nation;

Enhance teacher training and improve the competence of teachers in the light of the 21st Century and beyond understanding of the learner types, intelligence types, as the multiple assessment types, in order to open up learning for all our children types. The era of one student type will give way to an all learner type for our children and young people as well as adults who want to return to the classroom to sharpen their skills, competencies, and sensibilities. This re-engineering of our education will be followed with a clearly thought out and vigorous national inspection programmes;
Make learning experiences more meaningful for children as the nation’s education will no longer be a preparation for life, but life itself. Our children will be democratised for education, rather than be educated for democracy. This view of education will make educating our children more cost?effective in the long run;
Provide One Meal a day for all Primary school pupils. That will create jobs in Agriculture, Catering, and Delivery Services
7. Develop and promote effective use of innovative teaching methods/materials in our schools;
Ensure a greater proportion of expenditure on university education is devoted to helping our youth to understand the juxtaposition of Science, Technology, the Humanities and the Social Sciences.
Establish at least six new universities of Science and Technology with satellite campuses in various states. These six universities should be fully equipped with ICT technologies in order to attract and encourage small and medium scale ICT enterprises after their university education;
Establish technical colleges and vocational centres in each state of the federation;
Provide more conducive environment for private sector participation in all levels of education. Re-authorised the NUC, TETFUN, JAMB, etc, Acts to enable Private institutions of Higher learning to benefit from research funds and programmes that will serve the national good;
Establish six centers of excellence to address the needs of special education;
On Healthcare: I will
Prioritise the reduction of the infant mortality rate substantially; reduce maternal mortality rates to the levels acceptable by the World Health Organisation; reduce HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases drastically and improve life expectancy by an additional 10 years on average through our National Healthy Living program;
Increase the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000 through deliberate medication education as epitomize by nations such as Ghana. I will increase national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from the less than N10,000 currently);
Increase the quality of all federal government owned hospitals to world class standard by 2019;
4. Invest in cutting edge technology such as tele?medicine in all major health centers in the country through partnership programmes with communities and the private sector;
Provide free ante?natal care for pregnant women; free health care for babies and children up to school going age and for the aged; and free treatment for those afflicted with infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS;
Boost the local manufacture of pharmaceuticals and make non adulterated drugs readily available.
Set an effective prosecution and punishment systems, for those importing or adulterating drugs in the country.
The enhancement of the Epidemiological Units / Centres for Diseas Control to meet up with Global standards in containment of disease outbreaks, proper vaccine storage and research;
Create an Insurance Policy for our Journalists as the nation faces hard times and our Journalists faces more dangers in the discharge of their investigative work, to educate Nigerians in their rights and responsibilities.
On Youth, Sports and Culture: I will:

Provide the opportunities such as setting up functional recreational facilities, Library with e-services, Community Centers, in collaboration with States, Local Government Authorities, Local Development Areas, etc for youth to realize, harness, and develop their potentials to the fullest, in order to facilitate the emergence of the new generation of citizens, who will be committed to the sustenance of good governance and service to the people and the country;
Establish Zonal world class sports academies and training institutes and ensure that Nigeria occupies a place of pride in global sports and athletics;
Revive and restructure the Nigerian Football League and put incentives in place to make it as competitive as other national leagues
Put in place measures to identify talents early and ensure their participation in local and international games to enable them to be true professionals;
Help as well as mandate schools and communities to create neighborhood playgrounds/sports centre. I will create matching support funds for communities to acquire the needed equipment to develop skills and competencies;
Assist Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course. I will support the creative and performing arts with the necessary environment where by our great entertainers do not end their lives in abject poverty as is currently the case.
On Women Empowerment- I will:

Ensure the rights of women are protected as enshrined in our Constitution;
Guarantee that women are adequately represented in government appointments and provide greater opportunities in education, Job creation, and economic empowerment;
Recognize and protect women empowerment and gender equality with special emphasis on economic activities in the rural areas;
Use the Party structures to promote the concept of reserving a minimum number of seats in the States and National Assembly, for women.
The Environment
On the Environment: I will

Ensure compliance with policies and measures to halt the pollution of rivers and waterways in the Niger Delta and the other parts of the country;
Create shelter belts in states bordering the Sahara Desert to mitigate and reverse the effects of the expanding desert
Support and accelerate the implementation of regional water transport initiatives across the country through effective dredging of the main waterways ;
Adopt a holistic approach to erosion and shoreline protection across the country;
Create teams of volunteers to plant and nurture economically viable trees in arid regions;
Restructure the Ecological Fund Office to enable it meet today’s environmental challenges;
Regulate the timber industry to ensure that double the number of trees felled are planted by the loggers;
Ensure full compliance with town?planning and environmental laws and edicts.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
[size=13pt]The focus of this manifesto seems to be on Oil... Without oil Nigeria will not exist. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
[b]Revive and reactivate our minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity;

Make the industry and Nigeria one of the world leading/cutting edge centres for clean oil and gas technology; also producing leading world Oil and Gas technologist, scientists, and owing mega structure installations, drilling, processing, and production facilities and engineers. These facilities and scientists will be supported with the best services and research facilities.

Fully develop the sector’s capacity to absorb more of the nation’s new graduate in the labour market. The sector will be funded to produce more home?grown, but world class engineers, scientists, technologist, etc.;

Modernise the NNPC and make it the national energy champion. I will consider breaking it up into more efficient, commercially driven units; and may strip it of its regulatory powers, so as to enable it tap into international capital market;

Enforce the government master plan for oil companies to end flaring that pollutes the air and damages the communities and people’s health and ensure that they sell at least half of their gas produced within Nigeria;

Speedily pass the much?delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensure that local content issues are fully addressed

Make Nigeria the world’s leading exporter of LNG through the creation of strategic partnerships.
The Society & Human Capital Development[/b]

[size=13pt]

They should ask the Mallam, if he has oil in Katsina or up North that he is talking about. I hope it is not the same Niger Delta oil Asari are planning to dismantle? Buhari better start talking and thinking about the ground nut pyramid in his backyard.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by emmysoftyou: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

mtshiieewww!
i wil be very happy if he defect to apc wink
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by OreMI22: 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
waternogetemeny:
My beloved Ndiigbo, I am not know to write long epistle to waste my time and your time when we can discuss directly the issue on ground.

It has come to my attention that APC and the Hausa-Fulani born to rule, along side their slaves are dangling the Office of Senate President in the face of the Igbo Nation. This, I find to be very funny.

At no time, did they ever intend to allow the Igbos any participation in the mainstream political process should APC emerge victorious. APC and the Hausa Fulani are bitter becos for the first time since the end of Biafra War, Igbos and the Niger Delta united and spoke with one voice.

The APC having attained the status of ruling party can no longer make unguarded comments hence the implied-repeal(offer with an injunction) approach is adopted. If Ngige had won the Senate, they would have voted overwhelmingly for a middle belt member of the Senate to emerge the Senate President.

APC has an agenda to capitalise on their recent victory in the Presidential election to win the State Government election in the South/South and South East. This win would mean business as usual, as their will be little or no resistance to Hausa Fulani domination of South South resources.

It is our duty and responsibility to resist every attempt to be held political prisoners and captive in Nigeria. It is our right as contributing members of Nigeria to occupy the seat of Presidency. It is our privilege to demand our fair share of federal projects and allocation and it is our prerogative to opt-out of the Nigeria Union, after a United Nations Referendum on membership of Nigeria or Separation from Nigeria.

We have the power and the decision is ours. It must not be business as usual, with the Hausa Fulani plundering our resources in the south in cohort with their slave.

God bless u all for your time. Igbo Kwenu!

[size=15pt]
Igbos should not commit political suicide by allowing APC win any of their states. If APC likes Igbo, let them show it at the federal level.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Below again are the 30 Facts about the Fraudulent Sharing of Nigeria’s Oil Blocks and those involved

(1)[b]The process of sharing Nigeria’s oil block national cake is as fraudulent now as when Ibrahim Babangida started the process of discretionary allocation of oil blocks to indigenous firms. Discretionary allocation of oil blocks entails that a president can reward a mistress who performs wonderfully with an oil block with capacity for cumulative yield of over $20 billion dollars without recourse to any process outside of manhood attachments. Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami and Obasanjo awarded discretionary oil blocks to friends, associates, family members, party chieftains, security chiefs and all categories of bootlickers, spokespersons and cult members without any laid down procedures.

(2)The recipients of such oil blocks will get funds from ever willing offshore financiers and partners to graciously settle the benefactors, the awarders, facilitators and the Commander-in-Chief through fronts. These settlements mostly paid into foreign accounts runs into hundreds of millions of dollars according to the potential yield of the block. Sometimes, the awarder (sharer of national cake and direct intermediaries) demand additional stakes in the bidding company. The awarder sends fronts as part of the directorship and management of the bidding firms without leaving a link to them. That is how the oil block national cake is distributed to a few Nigerians.

(3) Signature bonuses which are paid when an investor successfully bids, wins and signs agreement with the petroleum ministry, running into tens of millions and sometimes hundreds of millions of naira ,is often waived off. There is actually no waiver; rather a diversion of what would have been paid to government coffers is paid into private purse as appreciation gifts. That is why those in the Petroleum Ministry dread retirement as though it signifies going to hell fire. No matter how little your influence, something substantial must enter your hands especially in hard currency. The nation loses billions of dollars in diverted revenue whenever any round of auction occurs.

Some of these oil field has the capacity of between 300,000 -500,000 barrels of oil daily.

(4) OML 110 OBE given by Sanni Abacha in 1996 to Alhaji Mai Daribe under Cavendish Petroleum had estimated over 500 million barrels of oil. In layman’s language and using average benchmark of
$100 dollars per barrel, translates to $50 billion dollars’ worth of oil reserve. This means that $20billion dollars’ worth of oil in the hands of a family or $170 million dollars’ worth of oil daily.

(5) OPL 246 was awarded to SAPETRO, a company owned by General Theophilus Danjuma, by Sanni Abacha in 1998. Akpo condensate exports about 300,000 barrels of crude daily.

(6) OML 112 and OML 117 were awarded to AMNI International Petroleum Development Company owned by Colonel Sanni Bello in 1999. Sanni Bello is an in-law to Abdulsalami Abubakar, former Head of State of Nigeria.
(7) OML 115, OLDWOK Field and EBOK field was awarded to Alhaji Mohammed Indimi from Niger State. Indimi is an inlaw to former Military President Ibrahim Babangida.

(cool OML 215 is operated by Nor East Petroleum Limited owned by Alhaji Saleh Mohammed Gambo.

(9) OML 108 is operated by Express Petroleum Company Limited is owned by Alhaji Aminu Dantata. Obasanjo , with the help of Andy Uba, awarded OPL 2008 to Tenoil Petroleum & Oil Services owned by Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia
(10) OPL 2009 and 2010 were awarded to Global Energy Group owned by Chief Suleiman Onabiyi and Joseph Obiago . That is why a lot of major players in the oil industry owes Obasanjo and Andy Uba a lot.

(11) OML II3 allocated to Yinka Folawiyo Pet Ltd is owned by Alhaji W.I. folawiyo. Asuopku/Umuntu ( Egbema marginal oil fields) was awarded to Platform Petroleum in 2003 by Obasanjo.
(12) In 2010 Platform Petroleum (owned by Edmund Daukoru,a Bayelsa prince and Lulu Briggs among others) and Seplat ( owned by Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero, cousin to the Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi) teamed up in landmark partnership to manage the venture.

(13) Intel owned by Atiku, Yar’adua and Ado Bayero has substantial stakes in Nigeria’s oil exploration industry both in Nigeria and Principe and Sao Tome. AMNI owns two oil blocks OML 112 and OML 117 which it runs Afren plc and Vitol has substantial stakes in oil blocks.

(14) OML 112 is estimated to have 130 million barrels of oil valued with the current price of $100 dollars per barrel at S13 billion dollars with 25 year lease.

(15) Afren plc is operating EBOK oil fields in OML 67. Vitol lifts 300,000 barrels of Nigerian oil daily. Rilwanu Lukman, former OPEC Chairman has stakes in all these named three companies.

(16) OPL 245 was awarded to Malabu Oil& Gas Company by Sanni Abacha. Dan Etete, Abacha’s oil minister owns Malabu Oil. In 2000, Vice President Atiku Abubakar convinced Obasanjo to revoke OPL 245 given to Malabu Oil. Etete had earlier rejected Atiku’s demand for substantial stakes in the high yield

(17) OPL 245 and it attracted the venom of Ota Majesty who revoked the licence. However, in 2006, Obasanjo had mercy on Dan Etete and gave him back his oil block worth over $20billion dollars.

(18) OPL 289 and OPL 233 was awarded during Obasanjo era to Peter Odili fronts, Cleanwater Consortium, consisting of Clenwater Refinery and RivGas Petroleum and Gas Company. Odili’s brother in law, Okey Ezenwa manages the consortium as Vice Chairman.

(19) OPL 286 is managed by Focus Energy in partnership with BG Group, a British oil concern. Andy Uba has stakes in Focus Energy and his modus operandi is such that you can never see his name in any listings yet he controls OPL and OML through proxies.

(20) OPL 291 was awarded to Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited, owned by Emeka Offor by Obasanjo . Immediately after the award, Starcrest sold the oil block to Addax Petroleum Development Company Limited (ADDAX) Addax paid Sir Emeka Offor a farming fee of $35million dollars and still paid the signature bonus to the government. Emeka Offor still retains stake in ADDAX operations in Nigeria.

(21) Mike Adenuga’s Conoil is the oldest indigenous oil exploration industry in Nigeria. Conoil has six oil blocks and exports above 200,000 barrels of crude daily.

(22) The oil block national cake sharing fiesta could take twists according to the mood of the Commander-in “Chief at the particular time. In 2006, Obasanjo revoked OPL 246 which Abacha gave to Danjuma because he refused to support the tenure elongation bid of the Ota Majesty.

(23) In 2000, Obasanjo had earlier revoked OPL 241 given to Dan Etete under the advice Atiku. However, when the Obasanjo-Atiku face off started, the Ota Majesty made a u-turn and handed back the oil block to Etete.

(24) During the time of Late President Yar’adua , a panel headed by Olusegun Ogunjana was set up to investigate the level of transparency in the award of oil blocks. The panel recommended that 25 oil blocks awarded by the Obasanjo be revoked because the manner they were obtained failed to meet the best practices in the industry. Sadiq Mahmood, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum endorsed the report to then president with all its recommendations. As a result of the report Yarádua revoked eleven oil blocks.

(25) In April 2011 Mike Adenuga attempted to buy Shell’s OML 30 for $1.2 billion dollars. The Minister for Petroleum and Nigeria’s most powerful woman refused the sale of the OML30 to Adenuga citing national interest. This block was sold to Heritage Oil for $800 million dollars eleven months later.

(26) This oil block business is so lucrative that Danjuma’s Sapetro divested of its investment in Akpo condensate for $1billion dollars.

(27) This business is second to none in Nigeria. That is why any attempt to investigate the activities in this sector will always be futile. The money is so much that they give bribes in millions of dollars. A birthday gift or child naming gift from an oil block owner to a government official could be as paltry as $2million dollars, and if the official’s father died, the condolence gift could reach mere $3 million dollars. When they want to bribe legislators, it is in millions of dollars and any ongoing investigation ends within weeks. They are so confident that with excess money they can buy up Nigeria and they are succeeding.

(28) In the name of competitive bidding, which Obasanjo introduced in 2005, officials bring companies overnight and through processes best described as secretive and voodooist, awards blocks to party faithful, fronts and phoney companies. They collect gratifications running into hundreds of millions of dollars which is paid into offshore account and the nation loses billions of dollars of revenue to private pockets.

(29) During the third term agenda, Obasanjo was deceived that the allocation of oil block to party faithfuls is to fund the third term agenda. With the failure of the third term, the beneficiaries went home with their fortunes and thanked God or Allah for buttering their bread. Senator Andy Uba coordinated the award of the last rounds of oil blocks by Obasanjo in 2005 and 2007. The then minister of petroleum, Edwin Daukoru was a mere errand boy who took instructions from the presidential aide.

(30) The regime of President Goodluck is not showing any signs of changing the status quo. Controversies have trailed the activities of the Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Madueke and many players in the Industry accuse her of demanding stakes from every oil deal. Diezani Madueke had also soiled herself in different oil deals and also awarded oil contracts to fictitious companies.[/b]

[size=13pt]Anybody from the Niger Delta opposing Asari have not earned the right to live. How can we continue like this? One Nigeria is a scam and as soon as the oil is no more, the North will leave with more Billionnaires than any place in Africa or Asia.

Let us stand now and exercise our right. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by emmysoftyou: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
waternogetemeny:

i just thought of it yesteday and someone said it today.wow.
may this word come to pass. Amen
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
OreMI22:

[size=15pt]
Igbos should not commit political suicide by allowing APC win any of their states. If APC likes Igbo, let them show it at the federal level.[/size]

GBAM!
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
emmysoftyou:
i just thought of it yesteday and someone said it today.wow.
may this word come to pass. Amen

IT IS THE PLAN OF GOD TO GIVE US THE PDP, IT IS OURS TO REFORM, REPACKAGE AND RELAUNCH.

WE MUST BE ACTIVE AND OCCUPY THE MEDIA ON A GLOBAL, SOCIAL AND LOCAL SCALE.

SET UP TELEVISION CHANNEL, INNOVATIVE SOCIAL MEDIA AND TRADITIONAL MEDIA OUTLET, OUR VOICE MUST BE HEARD, LOCALLY, GLOBALLY AND REGIONALLY.

WE CAN DO THIS, YES WE CAN...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by oneast: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
The op is very correct. I throw my weight behind what you have opined.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by walexbiz(m): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
unfortunately the op lacks political sophistication, they dont seem to understand the importance of number, sheer strenght and determination does not bring ones desire to fruition, one must be knowledgible enough to know how to go about it. Has you can see most politicians have seen that pdp is a dying ship and they have abandoned it but yet the igbos still they can revive it when its obvious that you either jump off the boat in search of safety you drown with it. When obasanjo picked an igbo man has his running mate they rejected them through the ballot now the yoruba has wise up by showing you how to go about it. The yorubas backed a credible candidate by defining all odds and through their effort remove an incumbent president who does not have the requisite to govern a sophisticated region like the southwest. Its better for the igbos to wise up, promote apga party and show that they deliver a block untill then they will only be seen as irrelevent in the course of nation building.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by waternogetemeny: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
walexbiz:
unfortunately the op lacks political sophistication, they dont seem to understand the importance of number, sheer strenght and determination does not bring ones desire to fruition, one must be knowledgible enough to know how to go about it. Has you can see most politicians have seen that pdp is a dying ship and they have abandoned it but yet the igbos still they can revive it when its obvious that you either jump off the boat in search of safety you drown with it. When obasanjo picked an igbo man has his running mate they rejected them through the ballot now the yoruba has wise up by showing you how to go about it. The yorubas backed a credible candidate by defining all odds and through their effort remove an incumbent president who does not have the requisite to govern a sophisticated region like the southwest. Its better for the igbos to wise up, promote apga party and show that they deliver a block untill then they will only be seen as irrelevent in the course of nation building.

THE YORUBAS SABOTAGED THE SOUTH ONCE AGAIN. THERE IS NOTHING CREDIBLE ABOUT BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by citizenY(m): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Bia Berem take ur time.

Berem, make I answer for you
.... 28th March 2015, 1800 hrs local time, 1500hrs GMT, when vote counting officially commenced. From then
... wahala start. tori begin get kleg

Abi you prefer when GEJ called GMB??

No thank me , send the bill to enemy of water, e still dey for latrine.... dey purge.
Re: Ndiigbo Exercise Your Right. by Sooroptimist1: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Calculia:

PDP must maintain their Senate numbers and House of Rep Numbers. PDP must offer an alternative to those swinging Senators and Reps when they realise that Buhari is a Fraud.

PDP must maintain their Governors and take the up coming Governors elections very seriously. It makes sense for Obiano to join PDP rather than APC.

In the opposition a brutal former dictator who is clueless and failed on every point of his manifesto, is an open door to Aso Rock in 2019.
Ndiigbo get organised with the mainstream, gobal and social media and recognise that this is your chance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Festus Okotie-eboh / PHOTO: See What Betting Turned This Guy To... / Just In: Herdsmen Demand 1 Million Naira For Oba Obademi’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.