Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright (11378 Views)

Nigeria’s Economy Is Bright – Lai Mohammed / Can This Convention Cure Ailing PDP? -the Nation / Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by PhockPhockMan: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2015
ManMountain:

PhockPhockman. We were told that your penniss was useless on election day, as it could not thumbprint for GEJ grin
Yes o o, after your mother infected me with Syphilis and Gonorrhea. That woman is evil.

3 Likes

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2015
ManMountain:

Swerve! Bunch of crying losers grin

I'm not a politician; I have mine means of livelihood. No matter who's at Aso Villa, I'll continue to meet my financial obligations to my household and myself.

Looking at the bigger picture, GMB'S victory is better for Nigeria at this point in time.

Why should I be crying? Grow up, boy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by ManMountain(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Yes o o, after your mother infected me with Syphilis and Gonorrhea. That woman is evil.
Lmao, talk is cheap, I guess you are referring to your Ashewo momma that sells her punna to Hausa truck drivers in Mgbidi grin

1 Like

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by ManMountain(m): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm not a politician; I have mine means of livelihood. No matter who's at Aso Villa, I'll continue to meet my financial obligations to my household and myself.

Looking at the bigger picture, GMB'S victory is better for Nigeria at this point in time.

Why should I be crying? Grow up, boy!

So shut the Fucck up and stop whining! Why is that little thing difficult for you to do? undecided
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by ozoigbondu: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Na dat one dey funny me pass. The paid rat egift has already started denying the all the APC promises wey we hear with our own ears.
I've told them to make sure Buhari makes them all billionaires, by 2014 we'll sit and take stock. I'm an importer, the $1=1N is my greatest concern. Laughing continues...

Noooo we where promised N5000 monthly and it must be delivered on june 29 if i don't recieve my N5000 alert on my phone......make i no talk.Buhari should make one naira to one dollar quick quick he promised

Pls when will we start submiting our account number and phone number for the monthly 5k
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by IVORY2009(m): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2015
[s]
deemdeem:

Rubbish.
The same way u were optimistic that Jonah-daft will sweep SW. Continue to deceive ursef and ur kind.
[/s]
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Truckpusher(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2015
temitemi1:
Brother me too they laugh like 2moro no dey because by the time apc will bring out their true self grin grin grin
My nigga. grin

I love your fighting spirit ,wish I could meet you guys one day and shake your hands.

You guys are good people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by PhockPhockMan: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Mynd44:

Was there a functional APC in Imo and Rivers states before them?
There was fully functional APGA in Imo state and extra charged PDP in Rivers state which was offloaded to APC by Okorocha and Amaechi respectively.
Mind you , your not talking to a kid.
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by PhockPhockMan: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
fkaz:

Oga first and foremost PDP need to change their name and slogan and they will need another 15years before they can be recognise as a strong opposition party. The south east could have been a breeding ground for the new opposition party, unfortunately i doubt south east can stay long as opposition party in nigeria
Wetin this one dey talk.

Mtcheeeeeeeewww.
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by genearts(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
nigerianvenom:
APC will be in shamble b4 2019.

You wish!
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
There was fully functional APGA in Imo state and extra charged PDP in Rivers state which was offloaded to APC by Okorocha and Amaechi respectively.
Mind you , your not talking to a kid.
But were there functional APC structures in these two states?
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Bayswater: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you my brother. I have never been a card-carrying member of any party but I will go to my ward in Okrika to get registered with the PDP as soon as the new government assume power.

That is the spirit. The first task is to shore up support in our base in the southwest and north. Gone are the days of cockiness and overconfidence. The first task in my area of concern is the Lagos gubernatorial and Ekiti house of assembly elections, we need to make sure we do a 26 - 0 (26 assembly seats), the evil APC forces are planning very hard to chase Gov. Fayose out of office through undemocratic means, they have to be resisted.

2 Likes

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Truth234(m): 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Absolutely! I couldn't stand APC for what they represent...

Really you cant stand anyone, you are not different from every other defected politicians. Soon FFK will join APC, you are all the same

1 Like

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by temitemi1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Can't wait to shake hands with you guys one day!
Truckpusher:
My nigga. grin

I love your fighting spirit ,wish I could meet you guys one day and shake your hands.

You guys are good people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by ManMountain(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
temitemi1:
Can't wait to shake hands with you guys one day!

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by genearts(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Do you know what you're talking about?
Is Jonathan going to assume the leadership of PDP as a sitting president? Was Tinubu the leader of AD during his time as governor?
Whether you like it or not, Jonathan will be the rallying point for all real Progressives.
I bet you , when Nigerians realized their mistake on APC misadventures, they will cry to PDP for redemption.

You have spoken like a child.... smh
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by san316(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Naso doyin talk say apc no go last for one year and he become confirmed basteerd. Same goes to barcanista. The way apc will change naija, u no go believe ur ears.

Nobody will ever rally around gej because he is a failure. He is an accidental politician hence he will retire to nothingness in the politics of Nigeria.

I would rather the youth evolve a new party with a different name. Not a rebranded PDP
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by genearts(m): 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
owotonbinu:
I think barcanista and his fellow pdp friends are bad loosers.. pdp had a shot at power for 16years.nigerians endured them yet they squandered thier chance.. most of us supported jonathan 2011 even with his poor achievements both as governor and acting president..we gave him a chance ..we didn't pray for his failure..but he did and we made a statement by voting him out which is our constitutional right..last time i checked returning to office was not his birthright.what i ses here is most of praying for the failure of GMB and crew..forgetting that his failure wld b Nigeria's failure too. Give the new party a chance before bringing your prophecy of doom..and as for pdp coming back in 2019.. you are only been delusional..it has no charismatic leader that can revive it..the only thing it had going all this while was d central power which it has lost to the apc.. barcanista and co u can go and take over the leadership of pdp..but i tell u pdp is defeated and would never be the same..

Perfect! Oyel dey ur head bros
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Firefire:

Me too dey laugh ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

What I know is, he who laugh LAST?...
sir firefire
abeg make i follow una for the laughing things??

A day is coming when Nigeria will wish they still have Gej

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by superstar1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
POP needs to rejuvenate themselves and come to terms with modern day reality of power belongs to the people.

They should purge themselves of the mantra of corruption they are well known for.

Recruiting and nurturing young intelligent and visionary guys will also assist the party in its come back effort.

One thing was obvious in the last election, the APC guys were smarter than the PDP guys in all ways.
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by OreMI22: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
POST 2015 PDP
The Presidential election has come and gone. Winner and losers emerged. Opposition APC gaining power, and the ruling PDP losing power after being in the saddle for 16 years(but 5 years in practical terms). Nobody love to lose but in defeat we have to project the future and hope for the best as 2019 is just by the corner. The "New" PDP led by Jonathan should understand that election is all about popular opinion, and it is an established fact that popular opinion isn't necessarily the best. We have four years to prove that to the electorates, I believe we would.

Opposition parties in Africa are quite infamous for squandering opportunities and not living to expectation when voted into power. This is no different from the Nigeria situation. The PDP need to come together, allow those that want to defect to the ruling party-elect to do so unhindered, keep the young people in the party together, rebrand the party by taking advantage of Jonathan's Global popularity as a Democratic Icon(whoever disagrees is on his/her own), maintain social media presence and be ready to take back power from the APC in 2019.

IMPENDING CHANGE OF FORTUNE
I am very optimistic that power will change hand in 2019 as the ruling government-elect is nothing but conspiracy by some group of undemocratic political oligarchs that are bent on wrestling power from the outgoing incumbent to further their selfish political and self-economic interests using General Muhammadu Buhari as a front and media propaganda as weapon. When the joy of electoral victory is over and the business of governance set in from May 29, the real intention of the Buhari backers will begin to emerge though the manifestation may take some months or up to a year. The battle to control the machinery of the party(APC) and the government among the political oligarchs will emerge on one hand. On another hand there will be the inevitable confrontation between overbearing party leaders and elected/appointed officials. The in-fighting will directly or indirectly have effect on the government performance because there will be lots of sabotage from government officials(moles) that are loyal to the kingmakers within the party. All these coupled with unrealistic proposed social policies of Buhari's incoming government, the masses expectations are bound to erode and discontent brew as a result.

THE GOVERNMENT-ELECT OF APC
The APC took advantage of public discontent with some of the policies of Jonathan's government to launch propaganda and successfully won public sympathy. The party was NEVER founded on any ideology but on the platform of grabbing power from the incumbent President Jonathan and PDP, hiding under the slogan of change. Similar scenario played out in Tunisia and Egypt. Just like it ended for the "now opposition" in both countries, so it will be for the incoming ruling party APC, because no change can come through undemocratic, unpatriotic and non-ideological element as embodied in the APC. Propaganda can go thus far but can never reach a permanent destination. I hope the good people of Nigeria are ready to face what they signed up for.

TWO PRECEDENTS IN AFRICA
Egypt: In 2011 the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood took advantage of the discontent in Egypt to mobilise Egyptians in a popular uprising. The people of Egypt were determined to remove every Mubarak's element from power. Muhammed Morsi who was/is the leader of opposition Freedom and Justice Party(Muslim Brotherhood) promised better lives for Egyptians. in his own words, "I hope the people will choose me, an Islamist candidate from the Freedom & Justice party and Muslim Brotherhood, and God willing the system will move towards stability and development.". He was elected President by popular votes (51.73%) in June 2012. However exactly one year after ie June 2013, the same Egyptians that brought him to power took to the street to call for his ouster. Hope of a change under Morsi eluded, they couldn't wait for the end of the term. The Army led by Abdel Fattah Sisi struck amid wild jubilation. Sisi-mania was birthed. The people went further to call on Sisi to seek election in 2014, he was elected and the people are happy. Note, Sisi has always been an ally of exPresident Hosni Mubarak.

Tunisia: Like Egypt, Tunisians rose to popular uprising calling for the ouster of exPresident Ben Ali in 2011. The opposition led by Mohamed Marzouki took advantage to clinch power riding on public sentiment. He was later elected President in 2011. Three years later he was kicked out by the same people. Mr Ali Beji Essebsi, a longtime ally of exPresident Ben Ali was elected President in December 2013.

CONCLUSION
I welcome APC and look forward to see them assume power come May 29. They should be assured that some of us will stick to the PDP and take advantage of its national spread. We shall define the party and embrace our role as the new opposition. By the grace of God, Nigerians will in their numbers bring us back to power in 2019. I appeal to young people and supporters of the PDP to stick with the party. Let us rebuild. PDP Shall Lead Again...

Long Live "New" PDP
God Bless Nigeria

[size=15pt]The PDP must come out aggressively to retain her strong hold in next weekend elections. Then begin to strategise for 2019.
They should not leave anything to chance because they lost the presidential vote.[/size]

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by san316(m): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
POST 2015 PDP
The Presidential election has come and gone. Winner and losers emerged. Opposition APC gaining power, and the ruling PDP losing power after being in the saddle for 16 years(but 5 years in practical terms). Nobody love to lose but in defeat we have to project the future and hope for the best as 2019 is just by the corner. The "New" PDP led by Jonathan should understand that election is all about popular opinion, and it is an established fact that popular opinion isn't necessarily the best. We have four years to prove that to the electorates, I believe we would.

Opposition parties in Africa are quite infamous for squandering opportunities and not living to expectation when voted into power. This is no different from the Nigeria situation. The PDP need to come together, allow those that want to defect to the ruling party-elect to do so unhindered, keep the young people in the party together, rebrand the party by taking advantage of Jonathan's Global popularity as a Democratic Icon(whoever disagrees is on his/her own), maintain social media presence and be ready to take back power from the APC in 2019.

IMPENDING CHANGE OF FORTUNE
I am very optimistic that power will change hand in 2019 as the ruling government-elect is nothing but conspiracy by some group of undemocratic political oligarchs that are bent on wrestling power from the outgoing incumbent to further their selfish political and self-economic interests using General Muhammadu Buhari as a front and media propaganda as weapon. When the joy of electoral victory is over and the business of governance set in from May 29, the real intention of the Buhari backers will begin to emerge though the manifestation may take some months or up to a year. The battle to control the machinery of the party(APC) and the government among the political oligarchs will emerge on one hand. On another hand there will be the inevitable confrontation between overbearing party leaders and elected/appointed officials. The in-fighting will directly or indirectly have effect on the government performance because there will be lots of sabotage from government officials(moles) that are loyal to the kingmakers within the party. All these coupled with unrealistic proposed social policies of Buhari's incoming government, the masses expectations are bound to erode and discontent brew as a result.

THE GOVERNMENT-ELECT OF APC
The APC took advantage of public discontent with some of the policies of Jonathan's government to launch propaganda and successfully won public sympathy. The party was NEVER founded on any ideology but on the platform of grabbing power from the incumbent President Jonathan and PDP, hiding under the slogan of change. Similar scenario played out in Tunisia and Egypt. Just like it ended for the "now opposition" in both countries, so it will be for the incoming ruling party APC, because no change can come through undemocratic, unpatriotic and non-ideological element as embodied in the APC. Propaganda can go thus far but can never reach a permanent destination. I hope the good people of Nigeria are ready to face what they signed up for.

TWO PRECEDENTS IN AFRICA
Egypt: In 2011 the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood took advantage of the discontent in Egypt to mobilise Egyptians in a popular uprising. The people of Egypt were determined to remove every Mubarak's element from power. Muhammed Morsi who was/is the leader of opposition Freedom and Justice Party(Muslim Brotherhood) promised better lives for Egyptians. in his own words, "I hope the people will choose me, an Islamist candidate from the Freedom & Justice party and Muslim Brotherhood, and God willing the system will move towards stability and development.". He was elected President by popular votes (51.73%) in June 2012. However exactly one year after ie June 2013, the same Egyptians that brought him to power took to the street to call for his ouster. Hope of a change under Morsi eluded, they couldn't wait for the end of the term. The Army led by Abdel Fattah Sisi struck amid wild jubilation. Sisi-mania was birthed. The people went further to call on Sisi to seek election in 2014, he was elected and the people are happy. Note, Sisi has always been an ally of exPresident Hosni Mubarak.

Tunisia: Like Egypt, Tunisians rose to popular uprising calling for the ouster of exPresident Ben Ali in 2011. The opposition led by Mohamed Marzouki took advantage to clinch power riding on public sentiment. He was later elected President in 2011. Three years later he was kicked out by the same people. Mr Ali Beji Essebsi, a longtime ally of exPresident Ben Ali was elected President in December 2013.

CONCLUSION
I welcome APC and look forward to see them assume power come May 29. They should be assured that some of us will stick to the PDP and take advantage of its national spread. We shall define the party and embrace our role as the new opposition. By the grace of God, Nigerians will in their numbers bring us back to power in 2019. I appeal to young people and supporters of the PDP to stick with the party. Let us rebuild. PDP Shall Lead Again...

Long Live "New" PDP
God Bless Nigeria
I would have believed all that you said if not for the fact that you made a very poor judgment regarding who wins Lagos and the entire presidential election.

If pdp ever gets better, credit will be given to apc for putting up such a formidable opposition. They set the standards for how politics should be done.

PDP. Did all the insults, the sponsored all the image bashing documentaries, they made all the boastful comments, they imposed all their candidates. However, in the midst of all these,

Apc conducted the most transparent primaries, they didn't respond to the tantrums of pdp, they called for transparent government, they didn't buy endorsement, they against all odds got a credible presidential candidate. They ran a clean and credible campaign.

Pdp has nothing on apc, even God is to judge, then pdp is the guilty party. If APC will be half as corrupt as PDP, then pdp will have to wait longer to retake power. Cos as far as I'm concerned, pdp is dead and buried.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by PhockPhockMan: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bayswater:

That is the spirit. The first task is to shore up support in our base in the southwest and north. Gone are the days of cockiness and overconfidence. The first task in my area of concern is the Lagos gubernatorial and Ekiti house of assembly elections, we need to make sure we do a 26 - 0 (26 assembly seats), the evil APC forces are planning very hard to chase Gov. Fayose out of office through undemocratic means, they have to be resisted.
I wish PDP success in Ekiti house of assembly election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Bizibi(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Absolutely! I couldn't stand APC for what they represent...
stand for what you believe,this will be a new era for PDP ,many will migrate but the loyal ones will move forward.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by PhockPhockMan: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
genearts:

You have spoken like a child of God

1 Like

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by zimoni(f): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
PDP shall be back in 2019.

I believe.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Barcanista, i think the first step towards re-branding PDP is a change of name. Recall that all the vultures that gave PDP a bad name are now dining with APC hence i feel there has to be a change of name first.

Social media orientation and mass media should follow suit too. It will be essential for the new PDP to have a media arm like APC does have Sahara Reporters, Premium times, et al.

The old people should give way to young blood, they should act in advisories role rather than competitive. Their experience is needed.

The new PDP should solidify its base in the South South and South East whilst maintaining it's minor grip in the South West and the North with strategic thrust at regaining its ground there. The middle belt should be the main focus of the New PDP.

I have no single doubt in my mind that the APC will collapse like a pack of cards soon because firstly they have no experience of leadership thrust upon them.

Secondly in the quest for grabbing power they made so many promises which are unrealistic hence will lose the trust of the people.

Thirdly Jonathan is leaving with a bang and i for one know a lot of people that already regret voting against him because to them the man was the best but surrounded by sycophants.

Fourthly, the APC was not formed to impact change but rather it's a gathering of disgruntled elements who rode on the altar of propaganda.

Fifthly, the merger of the South West and North is bound to crumble soon because there are bound to be treacherous characters among them and lastly APC will never outperform Jonathan's tenure, i know why.

The new PDP should take these 4 years as a sabbatical, work underground, put its house in order because the nature of Nigerians will be that they require a change soon and then the new PDP should be ready to take back its place.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by baralatie(m): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Noooo we where promised N5000 monthly and it must be delivered on june 29 if i don't recieve my N5000 alert on my phone......make i no talk.Buhari should make one naira to one dollar quick quick he promised

Pls when will we start submiting our account number and phone number for the monthly 5k
I beg o!if them son start gala us for NL
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yes o!
Bizibi:
stand for what you believe,this will be a new era for PDP ,many will migrate but the loyal ones will move forward.....
Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:
Barcanista, i think the first step towards re-branding PDP is a change of name. Recall that all the vultures that gave PDP a bad name are now dining with APC hence i feel there has to be a change of name first.

Social media orientation and mass media should follow suit too. It will be essential for the new PDP to have a media arm like APC does have Sahara Reporters, Premium times, et al.

The old people should give way to young blood, they should act in advisories role rather than competitive. Their experience is needed.

The new PDP should solidify its base in the South South and South East whilst maintaining it's minor grip in the South West and the North with strategic thrust at regaining its ground there. The middle belt should be the main focus of the New PDP.

I have no single doubt in my mind that the APC will collapse like a pack of cards soon because firstly they have no experience of leadership thrust upon them.

Secondly in the quest for grabbing power they made so many promises which are unrealistic hence will lose the trust of the people.

Thirdly Jonathan is leaving with a bang and i for one know a lot of people that already regret voting against him because to them the man was the best but surrounded by sycophants.

Fourthly, the APC was not formed to impact change but rather it's a gathering of disgruntled elements who rode on the altar of propaganda.

Fifthly, the merger of the South West and North is bound to crumble soon because there are bound to be treacherous characters among them and lastly APC will never outperform Jonathan's tenure, i know why.

The new PDP should take these 4 years as a sabbatical, work underground, put its house in order because the nature of Nigerians will be that they require a change soon and then the new PDP should be ready to take back its place.
Thank you! You have spoken very well...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by suwailad(f): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
well i'm happy this is where the remaining saTanists hibernate to - nairaland and social media
keep on crying barcanista, cry baby fool
Nigeria is bigger than You

1 Like

Re: Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Do you know what you're talking about?
Is Jonathan going to assume the leadership of PDP as a sitting president? Was Tinubu the leader of AD during his time as governor?
Whether you like it or not, Jonathan will be the rallying point for all real Progressives.
I bet you , when Nigerians realized their mistake on APC misadventures, they will cry to PDP for redemption.
I can bet it with anybody, GEJ can never win PDP primary in 2019. He is a political liability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Ex-president Obasanjo At 79 / Kerry Meets Anti-corruption Activists In Abuja (pics) / President Buhari Participates At Opening Ceremony Of 5th AU-EU Summit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.