Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (42388 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

Awon baba nla baba iya e lo mani bad luck.

I place this curse on you this Sunday morning before brushing my teeth. May every single thing you touch in your life destabilize in your face, IJN ati ola anobi.
baba na wa oo... atimes u complicated but that was funny.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

And I said you don't know me!
Anyway have never been to America in my life! But have been to some europe country and I had to spent over time in the country due to some things I need to achieve...after my success I found my way back in my dear country...so I have a bit clue on what I'm advising the guy
as seen indeed... congrats angry grin
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
living not leaving.... that's to tell u on here is not a place to check errors... be more creative!
Thanks for drawing my attention to that misplaced spelling, but do not insult my person. We are not sharing a virgin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

For her sis to invite him!.surely she got a plan for him after the six month.
am surprised at your level of intelligence with you " claimed exposure to European countries ". If it were something right, would the OP be kept indoors for 6 months?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by publicenemy(m): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

They don't sack people in US?

yes they do....but you can pick up any job and still earn more than the average nigerian and earn more than 75k.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
publicenemy:

yes they do....but you can pick up any job and still earn more than the average nigerian and earn more than 75k.

So what sort of visa do you think the op will get after 6 months in hiding that will enable him work?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
publicenemy:

I like the word pick up.... yankee na picking things.I can bet my ass you don't know what's going on outside Nigeria neither have you been outta here. FYI, once you have a sack record to get a job might never be possible.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
I like the word pick up.... yankee na picking things.I can bet my ass you don't know what's going on outside Nigeria neither have you been outta here.

Yea people pick up job like that and they still have jobless people in
US.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by sarmiie(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dandeson1:
. what's this one saying... mumu

you dont wanna tempt me, son..
i'd school ur a$s.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
baba na wa oo... atimes u complicated but that was funny.

That's the whole point my friend, we should be having fun grin

I mean no one gets out alive wink

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by no1madman(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't be too ambitious. . .Jesus is coming very soon..

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by mya1: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
no1madman:
Don't be too ambitious. . .Jesus is coming very soon..

Hilarious! cheesy cheesy cheesy You are really living up to your name.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Celepope: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
[b]Look at clueless comments all over the thread.Even some that claim they live in the US are not left out.@OP how is your sister going to bring you to the US?Abi u be paper bag?If she can package visiting VISA for you in which i know is not easy nowadays then its ok.Cause that is the major huddle.But first talk to your sister and ask her how she wants to bring you to the US(What kind of VISA).After that tell her to enlighten you on how you will get your Green card or being legal before you run out of your stay.Its either marriage or converting your BI/B2 visa to F1(Student) visa which is not that easy cause fees in community colleges are around 5-6 thousand dollars in which i believe your sister won't want to pay for you.But for real though ask your sister to brief you properly and if you have any further doubt u can PM me.But as for her saying you will be indoor for 6 months i have not seen such since my stay in the US perhaps you misconstrued what she told you.In all pray to God to guide your part.I took same step few years ago and i have never regretted it.Though the beginning maybe tough but gradually you will pick up and be proud you made that move.Talking from experience and not hearsay.[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by bramptoneagle: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
gimme a link to your profile on linkedin, lemme see how big you are making it.
How big I was making it is not your crispy business. In this part of the world I have God, family,
Job, Peace of Mind, Contentment, Security and small change to assist my sisters, brother, nephews, nieces and aunties. Our Native country needs a Big Time Deliverance - It is a mini-JUNGLE.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Caponi: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
shilling:
Op should ask some serious questions and provide Nairaland with follow up info.

Money wise, N75know isnothing. To put things in perspective, even if op was doing some crappy minimum wage job fulltime, he'll make around $1280 and have a better standard of living.

@Shillings; from calculation of his earning $1280 dollars per month ? and he has to pay his own bills minimum of $500 dollars per month for a manageable single self contain or at worst share the rent with his sister (if she is married / he cant be leaving with her that long )
also remember he has to pay taxes from his total income , pay for insurance e.t.c .....

My advise to this Man is to take One month vacation ( annual leave , go to the States and see what's up ) but i dont support any illegal form of travelling it's not funny at all for a Man to be leaving & hiding
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by lockupman(m): 12:35am On Apr 06, 2015
75k? Mtcheew! Even with my 119k job I still moved. No one says its gonna be easy or you'll start picking money when you get there as many Nigerians fantasize when they hear you're abroad. But look into your self. Are you hard-working? Are you adventurous? Are you resilient? Do you prefer more to less? Are you patient? If you say YES to all of these questions; then make the move man.

Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by sukkot: 5:00am On Apr 06, 2015
RaptorX:
Too many Nigerians have a wrong impression of what really life looks like in the US, I guess the brainwashing comes from Hollywood. I will never leave a 500k job in Naija to migrate to any country in the west, not me.
lol that shit is crazy bro. leave a 500k job ? for uncertainty ? yeah hollywood has done a number on the brains of the world. they think america is full of honey peaches and gold and everyone is living like p diddy and lil wayne cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Pasca07: 6:31am On Apr 06, 2015
Celepope:
[b]Look at clueless comments all over the thread.Even some that claim they live in the US are not left out.@OP how is your sister going to bring you to the US?Abi u be paper bag?If she can package visiting VISA for you in which i know is not easy nowadays then its ok.Cause that is the major huddle.But first talk to your sister and ask her how she wants to bring you to the US(What kind of VISA).After that tell her to enlighten you on how you will get your Green card or being legal before you run out of your stay.Its either marriage or converting your BI/B2 visa to F1(Student) visa which is not that easy cause fees in community colleges are around 5-6 thousand dollars in which i believe your sister won't want to pay for you.But for real though ask your sister to brief you properly and if you have any further doubt u can PM me.But as for her saying you will be indoor for 6 months i have not seen such since my stay in the US perhaps you misconstrued what she told you.In all pray to God to guide your part.I took same step few years ago and i have never regretted it.Though the beginning maybe tough but gradually you will pick up and be proud you made that move.Talking from experience and not hearsay.[/b]
nice write up

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
lockupman:

75k? Mtcheew! Even with my 119k job I still moved. No one says its gonna be easy or you'll start picking money when you get there as many Nigerians fantasize when they hear you're abroad. But look into your self. Are you hard-working? Are you adventurous? Are you resilient? Do you prefer more to less? Are you patient? If you say YES to all of these questions; then make the move man.

After going through the thread,I see the better option is to migrate from that comfort zone.
@ OP you should have asked your sister what she means by you hiding indoors for 6mths as I see that is the only misleading line,otherwise I think everyone would have advised you take the bold step and move.
But b4 u move make sure u cum here and explain wat she means by you hiding indoor.
2ndly come and share your experience 8mths after getting there and let's see how better you are doing.
Certainly better
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by shilling(f): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hakagure:

How will OP make 400 a week without work permit? They will never pay you minimum wage, even mickey d needs high school diploma and do e verify. Ever heard of ICS raids? If OP impersonates another person the first day OP gets pulled over na 3 Days jail while they check if OP is isis. No judge no court no nothing, please don't lie to this people, let them have a plan when they come, not via modern day human trafficking cos the sister cant pay for child care or worse.

Who is lying to him? Not me...

Obviously, that statement was made under the impression that he was coming into the US LEGALLY. We all know it won't take 6 months. My point is that when deciding if he should move, he should take into account that N75k is not much, and at minimum wage, he will make more than N75K.

Also the number of undocumented immigrants who get deported are a small fraction of those living and working in the US 'under-the-table' for numerous years. Many have taken that option and are working fulltime in the US and Canada. Obviously, there is a reason why they are doing so and I respect their decision. And yes I have lived and worked in both countries and still do.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Kevinoh: 9:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

Your sis may just stumble upon this thread you never know cheesy
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Originalsly: 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ipledge:
which city is she taking you to,it depends on d city,If its new york city,she dont needs to hide you,so faryou are not a trouble maker,i will advice you to go

As a student that work outside,i makes more #75,000 a week when dollar convert to naira
Tell him how much you take home after taxes and other deductions...then convert and tell him how much you pay for rent and the size place you live.I'm sure if you convert and make N100 000 per week ...he with his N75 O000 per month would be enjoying a higher standard of living than you.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Originalsly:
Tell him how much you take home after taxes and other deductions...then convert and tell him how much you pay for rent and the size place you live.I'm sure if you convert and make N100 000 per week ...he with his N75 O000 per month would be enjoying a higher standard of living than you.
I stay with my uncle,so i dont Pay rent or any bill,same to him,he wanna stay with his sis.After Tax i still get more than that.Si you telling me that someone with gross income of #75,000/month in Nigeria will live better than someone that get net income of $500/week in USA.Please tell me what i dont know

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Celepope: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ipledge:
I stay with my uncle,so i dont Pay rent or any bill,same to him,he wanna stay with his sis.After Tax i still get more than that.Si you telling me that someone with gross income of #75,000/month in Nigeria will live better than someone that get net income of $500/week in USA.[/b]Please tell me what i dont know
[b]Don't mind that guy.Nairaland is the home of the most clueless blokes i have ever seen on the net.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Originalsly: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ipledge:
I stay with my uncle,so i dont Pay rent or any bill,same to him,he wanna stay with his sis.After Tax i still get more than that.Si you telling me that someone with gross income of #75,000/month in Nigeria will live better than someone that get net income of $500/week in USA.Please tell me what i dont know
He can afford a two bedroom flat?...can you?...@ $1400 per month for a basic two bedroom flat ? ...let's not even get into bills. There is a good reason why you are still living with your uncle. When you move you will face reality.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Originalsly:
He can afford a two bedroom flat?...can you?...@ $1400 per month for a basic two bedroom flat ? ...let's not even get into bills. There is a good reason why you are still living with your uncle. When you move you will face reality.
Which city do you stay?everybody knows New York is one of thé most expensive city,my uncle Pay less than $1000 a month,do you know what NYCHA is?those are thé house own by thé city,it allow low income earner and you can get flat less than $600/month.there is this town i stays when i first got To USA aberdeen,Sd. The best house there are $600/month for 2 bed rooms flat and $400 for a room.as a good analyst like you telling me why à bachelor should get 2 bed room flat
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Celepope:

Don't mind that guy.Nairaland is the home of the most clueless blokes i have ever seen on the net.
Leave thé guy now,make he dey yarn dust
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Originalsly: 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ipledge:
Which city do you stay?everybody knows New York is one of thé most expensive city,my uncle Pay less than $1000 a month,do you know what NYCHA is?those are thé house own by thé city,it allow low income earner and you can get flat less than $600/month.there is this town i stays when i first got To USA aberdeen,Sd. The best house there are $600/month for 2 bed rooms flat and $400 for a room.as a good analyst like you telling me why à bachelor should get 2 bed room flat
Aberdeen is not NYC...leave that out. NYCHA is subsidized housing that you need to meet so many requirements then join a longggg waiting list if you qualify.Leave that out. We're talking going and rent a flat on the open market. One bedroom you would be paying $1200. I don't live in the US.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
Originalsly:
Aberdeen is not NYC...leave that out. NYCHA is subsidized housing that you need to meet so many requirements then join a longggg waiting list if you qualify.Leave that out. We're talking going and rent a flat on the open market. One bedroom you would be paying $1200. I don't live in the US.
I said Aberdeen,Sd...Sd means south dakota.south Dakota is a state in mid-west.so If you a jjc bachelor,u will go $1200 a studio around $500,see ur analysis is funny to me
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by tpiadotcom: 2:16am On Apr 13, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

After going through the thread,I see the better option is to migrate from that comfort zone.
@ OP you should have asked your sister what she means by you hiding indoors for 6mths as I see that is the only misleading line,otherwise I think everyone would have advised you take the bold step and move.
But b4 u move make sure u cum here and explain wat she means by you hiding indoor.
2ndly come and share your experience 8mths after getting there and let's see how better you are doing.
Certainly better

Its a movie script-flowers in the attic.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Ndipe(m): 3:02am On Oct 07, 2015
What do you currently do for a living?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by mctowel01: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
VickJames:
Brother, you should leave this country. What will 75k job do for you in the next 6months. Do you know the exchange rate of the naira to a dollar? Do you know the economic and political stability of the US? Nigeria is facing a rebirth and which is painful and will cause a lot of struggling, so you won't be missing much. You have to take the risk, with time you will earn more in the US and learn more skills to destroy Nigeria's labour market.

Guy! Fly out of this country
Mehn and all you said came to pass.... Abeg what is the dollar value of that N75k now?..lol
I m curious to what the op decided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.