Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (42393 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:
No one with right plans would ask this question

What is your long term plan as a person?
What are the prospects on your current job?
Are you getting a worthwhile skill on the 75k job?
What's is in the US for you?

My view is, no hard working and enterprising young mind should consider moving to the US without a concrete plan.

But if anything goes for you and you have no clear long term prospects.... then head to the US.

I normally say, if one must suffer.. then better suffer in the US but if there is a plan to make it big.... then Nigeria is the destination.
May you continue to increase in wisdom.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
VickJames:
Brother, you should leave this country. What will 75k job do for you in the next 6months. Do you know the exchange rate of the naira to a dollar? Do you know the economic and political stability of the US? Nigeria is facing a rebirth and which is painful and will cause a lot of struggling, so you won't be missing much. You have to take the risk, with time you will earn more in the US and learn more skills to destroy Nigeria's labour market.

Guy! Fly out of this country
what skills would be learnt.... washing dishes or selling at a super store? Will a get a white collar job garner breakthrough skills in the Nigerian labour market?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by AAinEqGuinea: 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

Who asked you for all this info

I live in the UK
Over sharing is caring wink
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
iykedare:

Is 75k a good salary?
There is something called risk. Her decision now could better her future. Its even better if she goes there to school so she can fit into their job market.

A colleague of mine will leave his 300k job to do his masters and live there. Its a huge risk. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
A 300k job in Nigeria leaves you with enough skills to breakthrough any labour market in the world. Now there is cash for masters, is it the same with this young man?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
falseman:
Don't think of going to USA to make instant cash think of settling there fully and it may interest you to know you have better chances there, quality of life is better, if you are wise enough you can become a citizen over time.

Don't let that chance slip
will he not make it overtime here.... people change levels everyday in this country.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Over sharing is caring wink

That was harsh, I am sorry cheesy
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by VickJames(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
what skills would be learnt.... washing dishes or selling at a super store? Will a get a white collar job garner breakthrough skills in the Nigerian labour market?
Even if he will wash dishes, he can use the money saved and learn some good programming stuff from the best, or management programmes from the best too with the assistance of his sister.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Billyonaire:

You people are funny, These things are done; My boys in US arrange Green Cards for people under the F2A, F2B EB-1, EB-3,EB-4 categories. I qualified for Green Card under EB-5. But declined it due to Tax issues.
stop posting poo... you are still waiting till your assylum seeking plans works out.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

Not really but I can tell you there is way to get a genuine paper after 6month in america...I won't go into details...but I know people who runs it with a million naira for a stay and work in the states ...so you don't know other peoples plan until u cee them achieve a thing

It's called sham marriage, it's illegal and not guaranteed to workout. You will forever be looking over your shoulder hoping that the lady or the middle man will not do anything stupid after collecting that one million from you. Yes there are crooks who arrange such marriage but you are their cash machine as they can keep demanding money from you because they have you exactly where they want you.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's why I said, it depends on where you live. I pretty well know that rent in Lekki is upwards of 2.5m for a decent leaving. I also know that 75k is great amount in a remote village. Do not take my word for it.
does he have to stay in lekki...obviously, from your thinking you don't make up to that 75k the young man earns.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
VickJames:

Even if he will wash dishes, he can use the money saved and learn some good programming stuff from the best, or management programmes from the best too with the assistance of his sister.
now, how can you tell the capability of his sister... is that how they learn. You should ask graduates with foreign degrees why they choose to come back home.... it's not a bed of roses as many think.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
publicenemy:

Go. If things don't work out which is unlikely,you can always fine another 75k job,but you may never find this opportunity again.and don't forget she has been living there so she knows what she is doing,so if things work out,you are gonna be there hearing abbout the mess going on here in naija and ur kids could be american citizens etc.

Go.

75k job is no job. You can be sacked at anytime.
how easy is it to find this 75k job. He can be deported at anytime too.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
mobuch:

Am surprised some people r discouraging a graduate earning a paltry 75k salary from going to the us. Even justwise who claims to be in d uk is trying to stop d op from following his dreams, d same way he discourages other people who r frustrated in nigeria from seeking greener pastures abroad.

My word for u the o.p, frm your write up, I cn infer u r a man; am sure your sister will not deceive u, take this opportunity, it comes once in a life time. 75k cannot guarantee u a bright future in nigeria, and know that nigerian economy is currently failing, therefore it will be dificult to get a better job until the economy's ouTlook changes.
Go to USA and arrange your life, u won't regret it as long as u have family support there. For crying out loud, 75k can't even get u a standard suit for god sake.
how do you mean 75 k cannot guarantee a future here, do you know the prospects of his job... there are people who earned 75K 2 years back but net close to 7 digits now. How many assylum seekers in the US turn millionaires in 2 years.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by VickJames(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
now, how can you tell the capability of his sister... is that how they learn. You should ask graduates with foreign degrees why they choose to come back home.... it's not a bed of roses as many think.
I understand what you are saying, but I can tell you that I've learnt so many US-based programmes that is helping me stand out in the things I'm doing.

He should leave this country because this country will face a change that will bring everyone down at first before carrying everyone up, he can use this opportunity as an escape route.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
telexfree1:

my boss left his 500k and relocated. not even U.S. sef, ordinary Canada.
it is much easier for someone with necessary skills to land jobs overseas. Obviously the op has not got those skills. If he has, he won't be earning 75k now.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
mobuch:

Enjoy their lives at what quality of standard Can he afford a once in a week dinner at sheraton or eko le median hotel Those are the indicies to know if families enjoy themselves. Can his salary buy him a brand new car My man, let's be objective
will he be able to afford a 5 star hotel and a brand new car in US in 6 months...many are not just patient.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
VickJames:

I understand what you are saying, but I can tell you that I've learnt so many US-based programmes that is helping me stand out in the things I'm doing.

He should leave this country because this country will face a change that will bring everyone down at first before carrying everyone up, he can use this opportunity as an escape route.
where did you learn the US based program... there is no special Us program. You can learn and garner skills anywhere as long as you are determined to suceed. Remove this assylum / refugee/ beggar mentality..you don't have to escape from anything.it's a bad mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
does he have to stay in lekki...obviously, from your thinking you don't make up to that 75k the young man earns.
If that's your perception of me, then you are most welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by speener(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
Alcatraz001:
@ Op please don't mind this people who are advising you to stay baack in Nigeria oooo, they are not happy for you.

Please ask your self if you see hope in this Country? How much is 75k? Please take this opportunity with both hands,before you know it you would start a job after getting the papers in the US. I want you to think about the quality of Life that the US offers and not the slave wages being paid in Nigeria. Nigeria jst survived a Civil War by whiskers because God intervened through the US and Britain but there is still tension in the Air.

Just sit down and think about all you have to gain by moving to a more developed and stable country.

May God give you the wisdom to make a good decision.
You have given him an experienced advice. What is 75000 naira a month? When you've been promised work permit after 6 months in the US. For those that Naija is there heaven let them enjoy the uncertainties, but for the wise guy, an opportunity like this won't slip him by. Let him Remember that the 70, 000 he earns a month is less than $300. Where do you start the comparison?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
telexfree1:

He relocated with his entire family. started and completed a masters degree and has a job that pays more than 500k.

He has some professional certifications lined up. which will even help push him higher

Bro, 75k cannot even cover what I pay monthly to APTECH VI computer centre for my advanced software engineering program.

I have been working for 7 yrs now. my starting salary in 2008 was more than double 75k.

I would have achieved less if my salary was 75k.

I advise the OP to take risks now at a young age. you have nothing to lose now. No dependants, No family to worry about. take the jump, It's worth it.

u might want to have a detailed discussion with your sis first.
where in the world are you now. If you are still in Nigeria, what's keeping you. From my calculation you started earning mills per annum eight years back.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
stop posting poo... you are still waiting till your assylum seeking plans works out.
Asylum NOT Assylum. That's a bad word to say to any one.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
lestat:
WHHHAAATTTT?? i never ceased to be amazed @ the level of bull sh1t nNigerians can spew?!!! undecided its mind boggling that some peeps here are even telling u that you have a good job?!!!!! and from your response it sounds like you believe that?!!!!!!!!!

Wow Nigerians and self deceit sha?? undecided undecided
aNYWAYS LET ME BE FRANK AS USUAL!! FIRSTLY YOU ARE AN INGRATE!!! YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO SPEND HER HARD EARNED MONEY TO TAKE YOUR LAZY UNGRATEFULL SELF TO USA and YOU ARE HERE ASKING HER INTENTIONS? because you are clearly still living with your family thats why you think you have a good job!!

If you where paying rent and feeding yourself you would know your job is nonsense!!! i dont think you realize your reality yet, you even have money to subscribe for internet to type this nonsense here because you are not feeding yourself!!!

Let me break it down for you!! Until Nigeria gets better you are one of the lucky few who has an opportunity to get out of here, and if what it takes is 6 months living indoors and your sister feeding your hungry ungrateful self then so be it!!! some even are praying for an opportunity to stay for 1 year if at the end they get their papers!!!!

I call bullsh1t!! this is a fake story!!! i dont think any one can be so clueless unless their name is GEJ!!!

She will pay for your travel expenses, feed you for 6 months, assist in getting your papers and you are here asking what? THIS IS A FAKE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how are you sure she can't do all of that... she may be ready to lure her into some shady deals, she might benefit from.... na today?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
how are you sure she can't do all of that... she may be ready to lure her into some shady deals, she might benefit from.... na today?

Huh? ...datuq did I just read? undecided
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by speener(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
lestat:
WHHHAAATTTT?? i never ceased to be amazed @ the level of bull sh1t nNigerians can spew?!!! undecided its mind boggling that some peeps here are even telling u that you have a good job?!!!!! and from your response it sounds like you believe that?!!!!!!!!!

Wow Nigerians and self deceit sha?? undecided undecided
aNYWAYS LET ME BE FRANK AS USUAL!! FIRSTLY YOU ARE AN INGRATE!!! YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO SPEND HER HARD EARNED MONEY TO TAKE YOUR LAZY UNGRATEFULL SELF TO USA and YOU ARE HERE ASKING HER INTENTIONS? because you are clearly still living with your family thats why you think you have a good job!!

If you where paying rent and feeding yourself you would know your job is nonsense!!! i dont think you realize your reality yet, you even have money to subscribe for internet to type this nonsense here because you are not feeding yourself!!!

Let me break it down for you!! Until Nigeria gets better you are one of the lucky few who has an opportunity to get out of here, and if what it takes is 6 months living indoors and your sister feeding your hungry ungrateful self then so be it!!! some even are praying for an opportunity to stay for 1 year if at the end they get their papers!!!!

I call bullsh1t!! this is a fake story!!! i dont think any one can be so clueless unless their name is GEJ!!!

She will pay for your travel expenses, feed you for 6 months, assist in getting your papers and you are here asking what? THIS IS A FAKE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For real. He's a But.t hole, Ungrateful id.iot

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by VickJames(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
where did you learn the US based program... there is no special Us program. You can learn and garner skills anywhere as long as you are determined to suceed. Remove this assylum / refugee/ beggar mentality..you don't have to escape from anything.it's a bad mentality.

With the present 75k he is earning, washing plates in US is much more better and he'll have enough time to do other things he will want to do.

It is not about asylum, it is about finding the best ways to get to the top. Sometimes we need to do the worst to get the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by publicenemy(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
majekdom2:
how easy is it to find this 75k job. He can be deported at anytime too.

his sister would do all in her power to make things work out over there, plus its worth the risk....he can be sacked anytime too.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
publicenemy:

his sister would do all in her power to make things work out over there, plus its worth the risk....he can be sacked anytime too.

They don't sack people in US?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by RaptorX: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
sukkot:
how many people in america can afford to dine in five star hotels and buy brand new cars ? bros america of yesteryears is different from today oooo.
Too many Nigerians have a wrong impression of what really life looks like in the US, I guess the brainwashing comes from Hollywood. I will never leave a 500k job in Naija to migrate to any country in the west, not me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
publicenemy:

oh seen, you have known the sister too well that you are sure she would do all in her power. Good for you. It seems u are a relative for you to know this.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's why I said, it depends on where you live. I pretty well know that rent in Lekki is upwards of 2.5m for a decent leaving. I also know that 75k is great amount in a remote village. Do not take my word for it.
living not leaving.... that's to tell u on here is not a place to check errors... be more creative!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hakagure:
Houseboy Tinz for 6 months, maybe more. Are you sure she will get you papers? There is no reason why you should not move around while you are there. Get the details of the visa and get a plan in case your sister is using you for houseboy. If at the end she works your papers( which is not possible anyway since you are over 18) . then leave after serving her. However i for see illegal immigration and suffering aka human trafficking, if she does that just jejely call police on your sister and see them lock her up and then deport you, dude if you get this wrong you will be a modern day slave, if you get it right lots of hard work, ok money and good future, its better you use your sister to get in and organize one smally via internet in that area, live with the smally, enjoy yankee andscout for school and leave when your visa is up. better sign up to do masters or a degree and go on f1 visa than try to hide with visitor visa, dem no go give you o[i][/i][b][/b]. You go dey hustle cleaning tinz for hotels or serving your sister. Do the right thing, don't dull yourself, no family for yankee
let him know... all man to himself
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ipledge:
which city is she taking you to,it depends on d city,If its new york city,she dont needs to hide you,so faryou are not a trouble maker,i will advice you to go

As a student that work outside,i makes more #75,000 a week when dollar convert to naira[b][/b]
what happened to taxes and bills, rent...is that how much you have left after you settled all bills?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.