Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Virgin Nigeria Flight Update - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Nigeria Flight Update (984 Views)

Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines / Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) / Is Virgin Nigeria Fraudulent? I Cant Understand Their New Tactics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Nigeria Flight Update by tinard(m): 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2009
Virgin Nigeria has announced that effective 27th January 2009; flights to London Gatwick, United Kingdom and Johannesburg, South Africa will be suspended.

The decision to suspend both services is to enable us to review our entire long haul operations including our product offerings on these routes. In the mean time, our focus is on consolidating and continuing to expand our profitable domestic and regional flight operations.

Once the product review has been finalised, we are certain to return to the long haul routes.

Loyal customers on our eagleflier scheme who have acquired miles from our long haul flights are assured of the validity of the miles as the eagleflier scheme remains in place.

We apologise for any inconvenience that the suspension may cause you, our esteemed customer. However plans have been put in place to re-protect affected customers on other carriers at no cost.

We trust you will bear with us as we aim to come back with better and even more competitive product offerings on the long haul routes.

Sincerely,

Conrad Clifford
Chief Executive Officer
Re: Virgin Nigeria Flight Update by tinard(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2009
I just posted that so you can hear direct from the horses mouth. Their problems are much deeper than they are letting on. I had a pre booked ticket with them and tried to contact them to change the details. Get this, an airline does not have staff to accomodate picking up their phone. Their phone is always busy and to top it up, they are extracting extra quid as the number is an 0844 number. The landline i managed to savage never gets picked up and once it transered me to the finance dept who gave me exactly the same number again. I have to return to work i'll update again later.

Fly arik air people
Re: Virgin Nigeria Flight Update by MrCrackles(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2009
Stale news!!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Flight Update by lerelondon(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2009
@poster,,
you would need to contact your agent as they are transfering people on their sister airline, virgin atalntic.if you bought ur ticket directly, wait on the 0844 number for up to 7 minutes(less or more) .It is not difficult as my sister had same problem and she has been transfered to virgin atlantic, same day and even better as its the over night flight,
good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required / Getting A Job In Germany / After The E-passport Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.