Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,525 members, 7,958,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:45 PM

Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread (31485 Views)

Tomfrench Wins Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 / Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 {campaign Thread} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Beennkumar(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
naijaboiy:

Sounds like a really good plan. grin

But where can we find the past winners?
*Whispers to Him*

We don't need to find them. They'll come to us with proof that they won, pay us the agreed fee, and automatically have their names registered. cheesy
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Phikom:

And what wil b d nature of such reward...
I like my reward in kind not cash
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by RomanceLander(f): 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmmmm terms and conditions dey fear me too much
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by dechandel(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Beennkumar:

How about we create a 'Mr. Nairaland Hall of fame', and the winner of this edition gives us a share of the prize to have his name registered? wink
Jennimma:

best idea ever.
Dygeasy, this new ideas should have started long ago na like say last year
See them grin grin
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Phikom(m): 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

I like my reward in kind not cash
uhmmm...I grab ur code...
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Jennimma:

No nah sad

OK o....I'll hold your word for it

1 Like

Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by kinglekan: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ladycloud:
nice concept. ... maybe I will consider contesting...

U fine shaaa. I think u shld contest. grin

****Modified****

As opposed to people nominating their favourite Romancelanders which would probably revolve around the popular monikers and make the competition not too exciting. I think we should make it more open. (Especially for the newbies)

Ladycloud for instance would love to contest, I probably might choose to contest later if the rigours aren't too much tho. The chances that a "not too popular" moniker gets nominated are quite slim.

So my suggestion is this. Those who intend to compete should show their interest. Now here is where the fun really is. Making it open for people to nominate themselves would increase the number of contestants to screen.

There might be a maximum number of contestants allowed at the screening stage. Let's say 50. If that's not too much.

A thread should be opened for the contestants at the screening stage where they upload probably a picture and a short write up to accompany it. (Everything should be specified tho, to allow for conformity). So the thread would be open till the max num is reached.

ONLY Contestants should be allowed to post in this screening thread. MODs would assist in removing those who violate the rules and post in the thread.

At the end of the specified period for interested contestants to post their pictures, write ups in the required formatting and whatever has been agreed upon by the host and other stakeholders, then the voting should begin.

Now the thread would be locked and Romancelanders would be required to like the moniker they prefer by simply clicking on the like button. There would be a specific number of likes required to advance to the competition proper.

MODs would help keep this thread trending so it can generate the required traffic.

Cc:
Dygeasy
Ishilove
Ferano
Lalasticlala
Rocktation
Naijaboiy
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by immortalvoices(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
It's about time...I unleash my potential to spice up this event

Gonna be epic
I actually mean poetic cool
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by dechandel(f): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
kinglekan:

****Modified****
As opposed to people nominating their favourite Romancelanders which would probably revolve around the popular monikers and make the competition not too exciting. I think we should make it more open. (Especially for the newbies)
Ladycloud for instance would love to contest, I probably might choose to contest later if the rigours aren't too much tho. The chances that a "not too popular" moniker gets nominated are quite slim.
So my suggestion is this. Those who intend to compete should show their interest. Now here is where the fun really is. Making it open for people to nominate themselves would increase the number of contestants to screen.
There might be a maximum number of contestants allowed at the screening stage. Let's say 50. If that's not too much.
A thread should be opened for the contestants at the screening stage where they upload probably a picture and a short write up to accompany it. (Everything should be specified tho, to allow for conformity). So the thread would be open till the max num is reached.
ONLY Contestants should be allowed to post in this screening thread. MODs would assist in removing those who violate the rules and post in the thread.
At the end of the specified period for interested contestants to post their pictures, write ups in the required formatting and whatever has been agreed upon by the host and other stakeholders, then the voting should begin.
Now the thread would be locked and Romancelanders would be required to like the moniker they prefer by simply clicking on the like button. There would be a specific number of likes required to advance to the competition proper.
MODs would help keep this thread trending so it can generate the required traffic.
Cc:
Dyge.asy
Ish.ilove
Fer.ano
Lalastic.lala
Ro.cktation
Naijab.oiy
Thanks for contributing, but this contest is not only for Romancelanders. Maybe it was in the past, but this year, its a Nairaland contest
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by naijaboiy: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
kinglekan:

****Modified****

Cc:
Dygeasy
Ishilove
Ferano
Lalasticlala
Rocktation
Naijaboiy
Nice contributions. In the past events this has been the normal way things are done.

People usually nominate themselves.

But as for the "Liking" of profiles it can't work because of the issue of alternate monikers.

Thank you.
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Dygeasy(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
kinglekan:

****Modified****

Cc:
Dygeasy
Ishilove
Ferano
Lalasticlala
Rocktation
Naijaboiy
Of course people can nominate themselves.

We will put your other suggest into consideration.

Thank you very much Sir!

1 Like

Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Phikom:

uhmmm...I grab ur code...
cheesy cheesy grin how man for do Na?
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dygeasy:
Of course people can nominate themselves.

We will put your other suggest suggestion into consideration.

Thank you very much Sir!
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Lala247,will You Be My Manager? i wnt to contest.sad.cheesy

Lol ur funny
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by kinglekan: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
dechandel:
Thanks for contributing, but this contest is not only for Romancelanders. Maybe it was in the past, but this year, its a Nairaland contest

Okiesss
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dygeasy:
lols!

Still waiting smiley
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by zicoraads: 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ladycloud:
nice concept. ... maybe I will consider contesting...
Dammmmmnnnnnit! shocked shocked

Your boobies though kiss kiss
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by zicoraads: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dechandel sweedie kiss grin
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ipledge:
Wow...make I go back gym....I must win dz year grin

Lol gym no fit help u

Ur case is a different one ..
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Phikom(m): 9:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

cheesy cheesy grin how man for do Na?
Sure niggie...
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lala247:

Lol gym no fit help u

Ur case is a different one ..
U mean my case is diff...no amt of gym can help me
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ipledge:
U mean my case is diff...no amt of gym can help me

Lol ... No u should be a sponsor wink
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by zicoraads: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
I suggest that all the contestants...both male and female...MUST...and I repeat, MUST put on bikinis and boxers at one particular stage of the competition. If we want to give this competition that global touch...then we need to incorporate all best practices as it relates to beauty pageants grin

In the light of my submission above...I would like to nominate Lala247!

Cc: Dygeasy
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
zicoraads:
I suggest that all the contestants...both male and female...MUST...and I repeat, MUST put on bikinis and boxers at one particular stage of the competition. If we want to give this competition that global touch...then we need to incorporate all best practices as it relates to beauty pageants grin

No i dont want to be in the contest
Want to judge grin
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by kinglekan: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
naijaboiy:

Nice contributions. In the past events this has been the normal way things are done.

People usually nominate themselves.

But as for the "Liking" of profiles it can't work because of the issue of alternate monikers.

Thank you.

Ooopss didn't give the alternate account tingy a thought.

I just felt it would make d voting process neat nd easy to collate.

Alternate accounts are created using multiple emails right? I don't think anyone can have more than 4 alternate accounts. Except the person is totally jobless shaa oo.

Nwaz if the like tingy can't work, guess the old method would be used.
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by dechandel(f): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
zicoraads:
Dechandel sweedie kiss grin
This is you mimicking Beennkumar abi?? tongue cheesy

Howdy?? tongue
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Phikom:

Sure niggie...
Wetin dey for your boy?
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by KrazyBone: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Akposy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
zicoraads:

its not a sex pageant sir!!! We dont need semi nude pics here
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by zicoraads: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lala247:

Want to judge grin
Lai Lai...you must contest oo. Whether you like it or not.

Haba! You want me to miss this awesome opportunity of seeing all that lipsrsealed in a bikini? grin
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by kinglekan: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lala247:

Want to judge grin

Hehehe. Me wld like to see my lalacious in a bikini oooo.

Even as a judge sef u fit showcase nahh. We wld just use u as a template for the contestants.
Re: Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
kinglekan:

Hehehe. Me wld like to see my lalacious in a bikini oooo.

Even as a judge sef u fit showcase nahh. We wld just use u as a template for the contestants.

Yesterday nah shorts today nah bikini
Wheres is Roki

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Safe Tips To Deflower Her Without Pains / True Story And Secrets Untold About Four Female Ghost In Romanceland.. / She Had 2 Abortions For Him, She's Pregnant Again & He Wants Another Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.