Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

"Thou Shalt Not Judge: " - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " (1756 Views)

Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / ''thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image'' And The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by Magz(m): 4:34am On Jan 25, 2009
Does anyone here know where exactly in the Bible does it say this? I haven't come across it anywhere, and apparently it is not one of the commandments handed down to Moses,
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by SisiJinx: 4:48am On Jan 25, 2009
I believe the real quote is JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGE from Matt 7:1 and if you read the entire chapter, you kinda get the gist of it, which isn't DO NOT JUDGE AT ALL.

I've never heard anyone carry on like it's one of the commandment given to Moses though. undecided
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by KarmaMod(f): 4:55am On Jan 25, 2009
Whatever, we will be judged either way even if we dont judge others
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by jamace(m): 5:41am On Jan 25, 2009
I am not judging because I have not sent any one to prison or hell fire. I only complain when something is not done in a proper manner. Or should I keep quiet when stinky corruption is going on right under my nose in the name of thou shall not judge? No way angry.
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by Sapphic: 5:49am On Jan 25, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

from Matt 7:1

See Also Luke 6:37

And Also Romans 14:3-13 (Though this chapter deals mainly with unclean food, it goes ahead about a man's life choices generally and judgment thereon).
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by kolaoloye(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2009
Luke 6:37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (NIV)

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgivensadKJV)
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by ots: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2009
kola could you pls throw more light on this. differentiate btw correction and to judge
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by Bobbyaf(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
Context is very important when reading the bible. In the world today, the admonition not to "judge" is frequently used to place a virtual gag order over those who would speak up against popular and accepted world practices. Even some Christians will use a "don't judge" stance when erroneous teachings and ministries in the church are examined. In fact, many false prophets are using Scripture references like "touch not my anointed" and "do my prophets no harm" in order to protect their doctrines and actions from exposure. The word judge has been so perverted that to judge anything is now considered by many to be anti-Christian behavior, and anyone who does so is likely to be labeled as an "accuser of the brethren."

Well, what does God have to say on this subject? Is it true that Christians are told not to judge? The simple answer is no. In fact, according to Scripture those who do not judge are more likely to be led astray by false doctrines and are less effective witnesses for Christ.

The word judge carries two meanings. One is to discern, and the other is to condemn. The latter form of meaning is what we are encouraged not to do. Only God can condemn someone.

So please remember that context is important.
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by Image123(m): 1:22am On Feb 14, 2009
I agree majorly with Bobbyaf on this one
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by kolaoloye(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2009
ots:

kola could you pls throw more light on this. differentiate btw correction and to judge
CORRECTION: something that is substituted or proposed for what is wrong or inaccurate; emendation.

TO JUDGE  means   To  pass judgment on another; to criticise or pass adverse judgment upon others.

Correction is more of a solution or remedy to a mistake or mishap while judgement talks about condemnation (write-off) and punishment.
Re: "Thou Shalt Not Judge: " by Bobbyaf(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2009
@ Kola

Jesus does condemn a critical and judgmental spirit, one with a sense of moral superiority. He commanded us to examine ourselves first for the problems that we so easily see in others. It is when we examine ourselves that we can better see the problem and get help for our own problem first. Christians are not only commanded to judge but to judge righteously and not just by appearance. John 7:24, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

How do you then reconcile what was said in John 7:24, with what Jesus said in another verse?

(1) (Reply)

I Attend Church Once Every 2-3 Months / Exposed! Redeemed Pastor Adeboye In N20b Fraud! / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.